15 players leaving for free (Time left: 7 months)

Discussion in 'Manchester United Forum' started by Rifer, May 15, 2019.

1. May 15, 2019

Rifer Full Member

Turns out, it's not just De Gea's contract expire summer next year, June 2020.

:p Ok, title is a bit clickbait..?

15 Players.. minus 8 extensions options = 7 players open to leave.

All 15 can still leave if the club didn't activate any of the options, so not clickbait.

Seven months left before they're free to sign with new clubs.
    Same time remaining for club to negotiate contract extensions.
    Once time's up, there's still chance for 'em to remain even if they haven't sign extension.. risky though.
    Biggest risks
    + David De Gea
    + Angel Gomes
    + Andreas Pereira
  2. May 15, 2019

Sayros Full Member

Honestly, outside of De Gea (despite his many blunders this season), none of them would be a big loss.
  3. May 15, 2019

koop New Member

Only ones I'm bothered about from that list is Rashford and De Gea.

Not in terms of keeping them, cause I couldn't care less if they left, but in terms of cashing in on them and getting some money.
  4. May 15, 2019

Sky1981 Fending off the urge

Rashford aint gonna leave.

Where else can he get the kind of salary we're giving him?
  5. May 15, 2019

Valar Morghulis Full Member

Supports:
    BBW
    We have the option to trigger an extra year in his contract but if all the BS about him wanting 200k a week is actually true, we should be setting our stall out now that he won't be getting it.
  6. May 15, 2019

Sterling Archer Full Member

Yup..and Rashford and Gomes. But that's sentimentality for youth players.
  7. May 15, 2019

ivaldo Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?

If we lose Kieran O'Hara and Darmian on a free I just don't know what I'll do with myself.
  8. May 15, 2019

koop New Member

Yup, but that's the thing, he probably looks at Sanchez and Pogba and thinks why are they earning so much more than me?

I don't get it personally, even if I was getting 1k a week, I would be playing my heart out for United because that's what it should be.
  9. May 15, 2019

Based Adnan New Member

Henderson, De Gea, Tuanzebe and Gomes

Everyone else can go
  10. May 15, 2019

Sir Scott McToMinay Full Member

Shame half of them wouldn’t be leaving on a free tomorrow morning.
  11. May 15, 2019

FlawlessThaw most 'know it all' poster

Henderson and Rashford will get the automatic extension so wouldn't worry about them yet.
  12. May 15, 2019

C'est Moi Cantona Full Member

DDG and Rashford need to sign up or be cashed in for big money, Rashford can't be playing silly beggars over a big money deal at this stage of his career imo, but Sir DDG should be allowed to have his wish this transfer window, big money deal (but not Sanchez type money), or let him go and be allowed to win some trophies somewhere else.

Would like to see Gomes, Henderson, and Tuanzebe tied down to new deals if possible.

Matic is probably best left to run his deal down, but Bailly might be best sold at this point.
  13. May 15, 2019

Sayros Full Member

Why wouldn't he, though? When you see what Martial got, you can't blame Rashford for looking for a big deal as well. It doesn't make it right, but I can't blame the kid for seeing a guy like Martial getting that kind of contract and not wanting or, dare I say, expect similar or even better.
  14. May 15, 2019

Zarir Chaudhuri New Member

Rashford is ours. Manchester born and bred. I can’t see the boy leaving.
  15. May 15, 2019

hobbers Full Member

De Gea is the only one that actually matters though.

Rashford will sign an extension. He's not going to get anything like as good terms elsewhere. I'm sure all the Barca links are just English tabloid fantasy anyway. Only an English sports journo could be thick and deluded enough to see Rashford ever wearing a Barca shirt. Tuanzebe and Gomes will hopefully be in the squad next season and have another year to prove whether they belong here.

The sooner Darmian, Young, Matic, Bailly and Pereira are off the books the better, frankly.
  16. May 15, 2019

True, but it doesn't sit right to me, he is so far off been what we need from a first choice striker it makes you wonder if it'll ever be possible, and then what? Left with a problem on a massive contract.

Under ordinary circumstances at United then we'd be talking about Rashford as a player with potential, but probably needs a loan to see if he can kick on, yet he's probably asking for £200k per wk, and thinking he's some sort of Rooney/Ronaldo hybrid.

I'd be struggling to see who would buy him, and would meet his potential wage demands if we don't.
  17. May 15, 2019

Sayros Full Member

Barcelona? Or is that silly rumor finally dying off?

I agree with you completely though, that's how things should be. Players like Martial and Rashford shouldn't be on 200k+/week, they should be fighting for one spot instead of both being clamored as must-be starters with a contract that reflects that position but pandora's box has been opened when it comes to massively overpaying on contracts, and it was opened once Sanchez came in and was far from his best. Martial is another huge domino in contract negotiation now because he has been severely underperforming these last few months and yet is paid a massive wage now without having had one consistent season. It's hard to come back from that kind of situation.
  18. May 15, 2019

IrishRedDevil Full Member

In the past, I really cared and worried about things like this. Now most of them could leave tomorrow and I wouldn’t give a shit.
  19. May 15, 2019

Strangely I get the Martial contract, he is so blatantly a potentially top naturally talented player, it's his personalty/mentality that need sorting now, a hard job, and maybe not possible, but certainly more of a chance than a player who wants to be great, but maybe doesn't have the tools to do it, which could be Rashford, so I'd be playing hard ball at this point, Barca were never interested as we all know.

Sanchez is such a bad bar to use, he should have been worth it, but has failed, and badly, but that shouldn't allow other players to use him in contract negotiations, Sanchez was a tip top player, and everyone still thought he was when we got him, so we payed him as such, our players need to deal with it.
  20. May 16, 2019

TakeMeHome TakeMeHome

Didn't know we still had CBJ. wasn't he the next best thing?
  21. May 16, 2019

MadDogg Full Member

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
    He was a great crosser of the ball. That was about it though.
  22. May 16, 2019

TRUERED89 New Member

I think every fan would, shame most of these players are not fans, they're literally just employees doing their job. No love or passion for the club and its history. I think most of us would play without legs even for 50k a week :lol:, which none of these players would accept as a wage.
  23. May 16, 2019

Full bodied red Full Member

Yeah...

I was wondering what the hell happened to him at Leeds so that both JM and OGS have preferred to fart around with Darmian ( who I rate ) and Young and Rojo who I don't rate at LB rather than bring in Borthwick-Jackson.

The guy seemed as though he would be good enough to have a future / career, potentially in the EPL even....
  24. May 16, 2019

Big Andy Is really a midget

Fo £50k a week, I'd not only play for United, I'd personally wash each player in the bath afterwards...
  25. May 16, 2019

TRUERED89 New Member

Literally!! spoilt b@st@rds live in a bubble, don't know how privileged they are. They cant even give us 90 mins of effort for all that money, whilst us guppies have to work 8-9 hours a day in a shite job :lol:, and taking 5-10 years + to just earn their weekly wage!
  26. May 16, 2019

Bocca9978 New Member

That's debatable.
  27. May 16, 2019

Cabin Clown New Member

:lol::lol:

TBH the only thing that genuinely worries me is De Gea's contract.
  28. May 16, 2019

tomaldinho1 Full Member

our club just needs a big old shake up

Given how much noise comes out of the club about how highly they rate a lot of these young players, it's shocking to see so many of them approaching the end of contracts. If we rate younger players, tie them down to long term deals and then we have the power - if we want to sell them at least we can lead negotiations given they won't be running down contracts.
  29. May 16, 2019

sunama Baghdad Bob

Who on Earth is Kieran O'Hara? I've never heard of him.
  30. May 16, 2019

VeevaVee despite the protests, wears Ugg boots Scout

Rashford has no reason to be unhappy and he's worth money. No way he leaves.
  31. May 16, 2019

Yakuza_devils Full Member

For our major rebuild, we have to start all over again and get rid of players like even DDG or Rashford. One has been threatening to leave us for many years already and another one think that he is already world class and demand obscene salary while struggling to score goal for us as striker. If Pogba want to leave we should ship him out as well. Sanchez enough said!

We need to find players who is hungry and want to play for the shirt. We need major revamp and be decisive to get rid if the cancer in the squad.
  32. May 16, 2019

manunited1919 Full Member

No big loss in football terms if all of these are gone by next summer. In economic terms, the club will want to extend or sell some of them (Rashford, DeGea, maybe Pereira & Gomez) to protect asset values.
  33. May 16, 2019

Random Task Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018

Aside from Rashford and Gomes, both long-term investments who have a future at the club, the majority on the list can leave with our blessing. De Gea Included.
  34. May 16, 2019

izec Full Member

Rashford, Tuanzebe, Gomes and Henderson are the only ones i care about. Proper domestic youth players with potential

De Gea will be gone anyways. The rest isnt good enough
  35. May 16, 2019

Regalia Full Member

De Gea, maybe a loss. The rest won't make a jot of difference if they're gone.
  36. May 16, 2019

SAFMUTD Full Member

We should renew Rashford, Gomes, Henderson and maybe DDG depending on how much is he asking.

We should keep Matic and let his contract run down.

For all the others we should try to sell and if not possible then please ffs don’t renew them. I don’t know how we manage to give mediocre players contract extensions with improved wages it amazes me.
  37. May 16, 2019

SadlerMUFC Full Member

The only thing that worries me is if De Gea ends up leaving for free. I won't mind at all if we cash in on him this year. He has been great but I think he is on the down. He got by on natural ability for many years but he still hasn't improved on the basics (positioning, technique, and being in command of his 6 yard box). I think he is only going to get worse from here, however he is still considered one of the best by reputation. Let PSG buy him for a big money transfer and let Romero take the #1 next season with Henderson developing behind him. If Henderson doesn't develop like many think he will, then look for a new up and coming keeper for the following season