5 best passers in each league?

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by Fortitude, Dec 6, 2017.

1. Dec 7, 2017

Mcking Full Member

Talking about that list? Busquets is good, but so are those guys. Busquets is pretty good at keeping possession and controlling the tempo. His positioning and nous are what makes him the best in that position, but in this situation, we are talking about top five passers. Busquets is good but those guys are as good and more capable of pulling off the spectacular.
  2. Dec 7, 2017

Lawman Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

That’s a shocker of a low blow there @ivaldo :) (even for you).
    In which world do you live in that Blind is better than Carrick on the ball? Blind has more through balls? So what I’m sure that will average out (the position he plays will dictate this). But cut through the bull we have Carrick who is a master on the ball and Blind who is decent on the ball.
  3. Dec 7, 2017

Culero New Member

That's because they all play higher up than Busquets. I have seen countless of times where Busquets has opened up the field with incisive passing. Couple that with playing at such a high level for a longer time than players like Kroos and Banega I think he does deserve to be in the top 5.
  4. Dec 7, 2017

Mcking Full Member

Kroos has played at a very high level for a long time too and is obviously better and Banega is pretty good. Like I said, Busquets is good, but so are those guys. You could make a case for him in top 5, but it is not guaranteed that he is top 5 - Messi, Iniesta, Kroos, Banega and Modric are not, either. That list is not bad IMO, it is quite easy to omit pretty good options when making a list especially a top5 one.
  5. Dec 7, 2017

Culero New Member

Agree to disagree but the difference is not that stark. Banega hasn't shown the consistency neither the longevity as Busquets either so he would be my pick to omit from the top 5 personally.
  6. Dec 7, 2017

Pass and Move Full Member

De Gea, seriously. He picks which of Fellaini's nipples to hit.
  7. Dec 7, 2017

Mcking Full Member

You dunno we are talking about just pure passing ability? Banega has been there for a long time and has obviously been consistent with his passing. He's not being in the spotlight as he hasn't played for a club as big as Barca. Busquets is a pretty good midfielder, but his passing is not even his greatest strenght, unlike Banega.
    You might prefer to have Busquets in that list as he do deserve to be in it, but so do Banega.
  8. Dec 7, 2017

George Owen LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!

:houllier:
  9. Dec 8, 2017

damageinc. New Member

Supports:
    the unknown
    Koke
    Iniesta
    Modric
    Kroos
    Rakitic

De Bruyne
    Fabregas