1. We've added a new Women's Team sub-forum to discuss all things related to the new United Women's Team.

Also, the FCUoM forum has been closed due to inactivity, with its threads moved to the Football Forum. To discuss FCUoM and Salford City moving forward, please use this sticky thread.
    Dismiss Notice

A thread for premature opinions

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by VP89, Feb 18, 2018.

1. Feb 18, 2018

VP89 Pogba's biggest fan

There are many times I want to just prematurely give a knee jerk opinion about a player or a situation. Being biased in my own judgement I sometimes think time will prove me right. Obviously, I'm wrong almost all the time - but many here have similar views in their head and might well be correct (I'm looking at you @noodlehair with your Pogba thread).

Here's a thread to get your premature conclusions out without any judgement. It will be interesting to know which golden, unpopular opinions actually turn out to be true.

Here's a few of mine. Worth noting I would never have said the below so early in other threads, but the concept of this one is to just say what you reckon will happen, but are too afraid to say it just yet.

- Lucas will prove to be big hit in the league, that we ultimately missed out on.

- We won't have the foresight to buy Sessengon, and he'll turn out to be a world class talent.

- Martial won't grow to be the complete player we thought he'd be. He isn't on his toes anywhere near enough and that's not something you can train him out of so easily. In 3 years time he'd be a similar player to how he has been this season, maybe slightly improved but not much.
  2. Feb 18, 2018

Inigo Montoya Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!

City will implode as Sheikh Mansour reveals that he's transgender and is set to give all his money to charity,and become a showgirl in Las Vegas
  3. Feb 18, 2018

Heista New Member

Supports:
    Ajax
    - Mourinho shouldn't have stayed for another season.
    - Or he shouldn't have left after this season.
  4. Feb 18, 2018

shamans 1 set of sheets, optimistic about chances of sex

Rashford isn't that good at all. (this might bite me back.. but )
  5. Feb 18, 2018

Buchan has whacked the hammer to Roswell

Harry Winks won't ever make a top-class midfield player. He's far too one-dimensional. Cleverley v2.0.
  6. Feb 18, 2018

ivaldo Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?

City will implode as Sheikh Mansour reveals that he's transgender and is set to give all his money to charity, and become a showgirl in Las Vegas

Edit: @Inigo Montoya beat me to it.
  7. Feb 18, 2018

MyOnlySolskjaer Creator of Player Performance threads

Lindelof is not good enough. Sooner we get rid the better.
  8. Feb 18, 2018

Classical Mechanic Full Member

@MyOnlySolskjaer will implode as Lindelof reveals that he's transgender and is set to give all his money to charity, and become a showgirl in Las Vegas
  9. Feb 18, 2018

Sky1981 Fending off the urge

Harry kane will fade away in a few years time, still a very good player but far away from tbitw striker people hyping him up.

He'd be lucky if he's as good as shearer consistently through his entire career
  10. Feb 18, 2018

Hawks2008 Full Member

We will finish 4th this season.
  11. Feb 18, 2018

freeurmind Requested ban until 01/01/2019

David de Gea and Paul Pogba will leave in the summer.
  12. Feb 18, 2018

wythyred Full Member

Mctomminay will be one of our most important players by the start of 2019-2020 season.
  13. Feb 18, 2018

Cheesy Bread with dipping sauce Scout

Mauricio Pochettino will be United manager after he's been sacked by Real Madrid. Mourinho will go into international management once he leaves us (potentially in two or three years), and Guardiola will either do the same with Spain or return to Barca. Carlo Ancelotti will at some point manage Chelsea again.