AFTV/AM '17/'18: A New Hope

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by SteveJ, Aug 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Feb 17, 2017

Djemba-Djemba Full Member

:lol:

Especially as Wenger's record in Europe is pretty pathetic to be brutally honest.
  2. Feb 17, 2017

Hammerfell Full Member

A joke? Really?
  3. Feb 17, 2017

Pogue Mahone Poster of the year 2008

"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
    I think it's harsh to call the upset over life under Van Gaal as "OTT entitlement". Ultimately, football is supposed to be fun to watch. Success is a bonus. The thing about Arsenal under Wenger is that even in their most mediocre of seasons they usually have at least a handful of games where they play fantastic football (and, arguably, put on a decent show in the majority of their games) I can understand them losing their patience at this point because of the way the whole groundhog day thing but Wenger could use the Gladiator defence - "Are you not entertained?" With Van Gaal, we had some (albeit streaky) success but the season ticket holders at the Emirates were served up football as entertainment on a whole different level to what we were stuck with at Old Trafford. We weren't even being entertained on a par with a mid to lower table outfit. There was a point in the season where our chances/shots per game was amongst the lowest in the entire football league. There's no way that people who wanted rid of the manager on that basis were being entitled.
  4. Feb 17, 2017

Schmiznurf Full Member

Clearly they are not a United fan.
  5. Feb 17, 2017

VanGaalEra Full Member

Tbf, like that DT guy (who I can't stand btw but Troopz is cool) said, he's paid £70K following Arsenal since they last won the league.

They have a right to be pissed.
  6. Feb 17, 2017

VanGaalEra Full Member

7. Feb 17, 2017

Joga Bonito Full Member

"Even if I go, Arsenal will not win every single game in the future. It is not like before I arrived Arsenal had won five times in the European Cup.

Amazing stuff :lol:
  8. Feb 17, 2017

GE Negative Moaning Mentalist

Mad ting :lol:
  9. Feb 17, 2017

africanspur Full Member

Supports:
    Tottenham Hotspur
    Thing is though, I don't really get this attitude either. Yeah you've paid a lot of money but so do all of us. Heck, who knows how much money I've wasted on Spurs matches (our tickets are not that far off Arsenal's prices, despite being significantly less successful obviously). And yeah sometimes I'm upset or a bit angry about performances (much less often these days). But I'm always aware that I'm not spending this money necessarily expecting much. If I wanted guaranteed happiness for my money, I know I'm not going to find that at WHL. Very few fans will find that at their cliub stadiums. You can find it at the cinema, the theatre, dinner out with family etc.

But why do people spend money on football expecting a return?

Perhaps more importantly, regardless of emotions or money spent, standing there swearing at the manager of your club, who has revolutionized the club and done great things for them (and some obviously not so great) is just not on. Like I said, I can't remember exactly what you guys were like with Ferguson during that time and maybe if there was a Man Utd fan TV, there would have been Mr Bobbins standing there calling him a fraud and a dick and that he needs to feck off.

Just doesn't really sit particularly right with me tbh.

Each to their own though.
  10. Feb 17, 2017

maba723 likes bananas a bit too much

11. Feb 17, 2017

AR87 Full Member

Angling for the Liverpool job I see
  12. Feb 17, 2017

Mihai Full Member

[​IMG]
  13. Feb 17, 2017

horsechoker Sailor vee, this is a right off.

I'm watching now, I can't believe Troopz showed up in khaki tracksuit, did he actually think he was going to war?
  14. Feb 17, 2017

oneniltothearsenal Full Member

Supports:
    Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
    Kroenke's board has been consumerizing and corporatizing our fan base for 7 years.

When you view your fans and supporters only as customers, you shouldn't be surprised when you hear complaints about the product on the field not being worth the price of admission.

The fan is simply speaking Kroenke and Wenger's language to get the message across.
  15. Feb 17, 2017

AXVnee7 Full Member

I don't really see what point Gary Neville has to be honest, the Arsenal fans are far more than justified to protest against Arsene. If you ask me they're 5 years too late.
  16. Feb 17, 2017

I think these lot are taking too much offence to Nev calling a fan an idiot.
  17. Feb 17, 2017

maba723 likes bananas a bit too much

Yeah, 20 minutes in and they have no other questions. I'm not sure what there is to discuss
  18. Feb 17, 2017

LouisDanGaal Full Member

DT is very articulate when its not immediately following a game when the tensions are high. He is persuasive as well, I don't disagree with his way of showing his discontent either, I really don't think it crosses the line more than any other route of protest Neville suggests.
  19. Feb 17, 2017

Raoul Admin

Yeah he's quite reasonable as long as he's not interviewed right after a loss.
  20. Feb 17, 2017

Troopz "If you listen to my interviews and take out all the slang, it's pure sense I'm talking" :lol:
  21. Feb 17, 2017

Raoul Admin

:lol:
  22. Feb 17, 2017

Raoul Admin

Ty was obviously not invited because he's pro-Wenger.
  23. Feb 17, 2017

bleedred Full Member

Which would be pretty equivalent to a matchday/postmatch threads in every fan forum after a loss... emotions run high...

Even in some post match scenarios, I cant help but agree with him.

We couldnt handle Moyes for 6 months and they have been patient enough to put up with Wenger for so long....
  24. Feb 17, 2017

LouisDanGaal Full Member

Moh is not asking anything not already touched on by Robbie in the opening and responded to by gnev, waste of two or three minutes of his time just trying to put a point across when Neville has already answered it.
  25. Feb 17, 2017

africanspur Full Member

Supports:
    Tottenham Hotspur
    But That's nothing new at all. They're not pioneers in doing that, that's the unfortunate way football as a whole has been travelling in for quite a while now.

And the fans are very much speaking their language. From their words and looks of utter vitriol on their faces, they seem to despise wenger and kroenke. Yet there they all are, in Munich, decked out in arsenal gear, talking on an arsenal fan TV page and allowing them to rake in the money. If you want to speak their language, you boycott. But there they are, 70k deep, doing the very opposite.

The unfortunate reality is that that is what we are now. Customers and consumers. And if bludfam doesn't like it, there will be another arsenal fan to replace him I'm sure..

Anyway, we're getting a bit off track here. My point is that whether it is time for him to go or not, to talk that way about a legend of your club is just a bit unfair really.
  26. Feb 17, 2017

africanspur Full Member

Supports:
    Tottenham Hotspur
    Excellent :)
  27. Feb 17, 2017

Nev must have gotten tired of explaining that he called what he saw embarrassing and not ArseFanTV embarrassing. It seems like they still didn't get it.
  28. Feb 17, 2017

Gause New Member

I thought they were gonna talk more about Wenger, but it was all basically just a misunderstanding about what Nev called 'embarassing' and 'idiot'. Moh taking offence at clown emoji was more embarassing.

Well done to troops anyway, 'pure sense' :lol:
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
  29. Feb 17, 2017

Raoul Admin

:lol: Troopz is hilarious in the Gaz video.
  30. Feb 17, 2017

AR87 Full Member

I enjoyed that. Would have been nice if they had tried to get more out of Neville with regards to why he still thinks Wenger should stay, but I liked it. Also kudos to Neville for actually going on there and having a chat with these guys, that's a very nice touch.
  31. Feb 17, 2017

oneniltothearsenal Full Member

Supports:
    Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
    I'm honestly not sure what your point is. That fans are never supposed to bring up the money they spend? Even when the club consistently brings in financial matters as excuses all the time while overcharging?

The whole language and disrespect thing is a whole different issue though.

I blame on twitter, which I despise, and the lowest common denominator culture that twitter incentivizes. I can put thought and energy into the graphic I made and posted on p.41 here but do you think opposition fans are going to share that or even comment on that? No way. They are going to share the expletive filled rants filled with "blud and fam" because they find that funny. Swiss Ramble and Spielverlagerung might have their financial and tactical content shared but it never goes viral like some random cat saying "blud" or "fam" every sentence.

Youtube is a way to generate income by simply doing what you love. Personally I find it highly ironic. I don't watch Arsenal Fan TV. I'm old school and I'd rather read The Blizzard. But its funny how many people tease and make fun of people like 'BludFam Guy' but y'all are the ones keep it going! If Arsenal FanTV had people that spoke like they were writers for Spielverlagerung and Swiss Ramble do you think the videos would go viral? Hell no. It would be called dull and boring. Even if the analysis was far better it wouldn't go viral like some nobhead saying blud and fan every 10 words.
  32. Feb 17, 2017

LouisDanGaal Full Member

They got 35 minutes with him and wasted it on one topic that equated to tell me what you thought of calling that fan an idiot and the channel embarrassing, he didn't back down from either and he had stated that within about three minutes. They barely touched on the actual wenger debate, just how fans could put a voice to their views, they should have actually got into an actual discussion there.
  33. Feb 17, 2017

Phil Jones 79 Full Member

Supports:
    Red Devils
    Enjoyed that. ArsenalFan TV is the best fan channel out there. Good discussion. Lost a massive amount of respect for G Nev over the last couple of years
  34. Feb 17, 2017

Kostur Full Member

Why is this guy who threatens to kill himself all summer given so much attention on the Arsenal TV? I mean, not to sound cold, but why would you give somebody who's got mentality of a 12 year old so much attention?
  35. Feb 17, 2017

Minimalist Full Member

Genuinely thought Neville was wishy-washy on just about everything. Used a lot of laughter to diffuse moments when he was looking a bit lost. Also quite patronising at times which I'm not entirely surprised at.

Didn't get much out of it overall.
  36. Feb 17, 2017

Harry Harries Full Member

Eh? Not sure how you've equated someone having suicidal thoughts as having the mentality of a 12 year old.
  37. Feb 17, 2017

africanspur Full Member

Supports:
    Tottenham Hotspur
    Well, my original point is the disrespect, like I said. You can want Wenger out, thats a perfectly valid opinion to have but you can do it in a slightly better way considering his status at the club.

I also never said that the fans can never bring up the money they spend. But especially if you supposedly know what is going to be served up, I'm not sure you can complain. And I was responding to your point about talking in Kroenke's language by saying that they're still paying for everything. He isn't feeling a thing surely?

I don't disagree with any of that but I'm not sure I ever indicated that I did. And I can assure you that I don't keep them going, I only discovered that there was even such a genre over the past few days and similarly watched the first few videos over that period. Considering what theyve said, I doubt the content changes that much.

But anyway. Don't care too much about the media they're doing it on or the actual thought. The language is disrespectful though.
  38. Feb 17, 2017

LouisDanGaal Full Member

waste of a question from troopz too, he said the media had a problem with him, they don't even know who he is, his problem is with other fans on youtube and social media.
  39. Feb 17, 2017

Kostur Full Member

No, it was actually more pointed at the shenanigans that surrounded it, if you by any chance remember the circumstances.
  40. Feb 17, 2017

Cassidy Not to be confused with Cassady the Liverpool fan

This
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.