18 Appearances
2 Goals
4 Assists
2 Yellow cards
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Feb 3, 2018

Paul_Scholes18 Full Member

I am not convinced yet. I feel he is often like getting in the way for moves and others. Arsenal without him seem to have done better too today. I hope he can find top form as I feel right now he is not at his best.
  2. Feb 3, 2018

horsechoker Sailor vee, this is a right off.

I'm not sure why he can't play RW and be excellent there, with Martial playing LW
  3. Feb 3, 2018

ValenciasDrilledCrosses Full Member

I've seen Arsenal fans parroting this all over social media and it's idiotic. Arsenal smash teams like Everton or Palace at home every season but were they 'better' without Sanchez against Swansea or Bournemouth?

As to him getting in the way he is clearly a level above our other attackers. The number of times he laid a perfect flick or pass into a teammate's path today to actually move the attack forward was more than any of our other players have managed this whole season. Instead of choosing the safe option he's actually willing to move around, drop deep and run at players and fight for the ball. Our attackers in general (other than maybe Martial), all struggle to keep hold of the ball and turn under pressure and it's been a huge contrast for me watching Sanchez be able to do that so far for us
  4. Feb 3, 2018

Adam-Utd Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

That pass to Mata was class, it's just a shame a lot of what he did went to waste.

With Pogba / Martial in the team we will play some really silky football between the 3 of them I feel, I hope we can find a way to play them all and Lingard when he's on his top form.
  5. Feb 3, 2018

fergieisold Full Member

He was brilliant today, complete one man band. He’s so far ahead of our other attacking players it’s scary! Makes you realise how far away we are from a world class team. Once our other players get used to him he’s going to really push us up a gear.
  6. Feb 3, 2018

Devil81 Full Member

It's not going to be until next season until we see the best of him. You can see he's struggling to link with certain players at the moment, which I agree is because he's far better than all of our attacking players.
  7. Feb 3, 2018

haram Full Member

Yeah they did great against Swansea as well.
  8. Feb 3, 2018

Annihilate Now! ...or later, I'm not fussy Scout

He looks the business
  9. Feb 3, 2018

RedPed Full Member

I'm surprised how anyone could be unconvinced about Sanchez. After his two showings he's shown that he's miles better than anyone else that we have right now. It's more a case of the rest of the team upping their game to catch up with him. The more he plays and gets used to the team and they get used to him, the more natural things will get. He was easily MOTM today so if he was not at his best, it's a sad indictment on the rest of the team.
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2018
  10. Feb 3, 2018

meninred New Member

He seems to have very good movements. I am sure he will gel with time once the other players get to know him.
  11. Feb 3, 2018

haram Full Member

He floats into central positions in a way our other LW's cannot.
  12. Feb 3, 2018

Ban Full Member

I love his solo runs, ball seem glued to his feet.
  13. Feb 3, 2018

Rozay Not good at posting fixture lists

It will take him longer to settle coming into a team with no identity, where he will be asked to play left one game, right next game, 10 the game after.

I think his assimilation will be quicker if we had a more fixed set up. He could then start working with Shaw or Young or Valencia or whoever.
  14. Feb 3, 2018

SS Full Member

He changes direction at lightspeed.
  15. Feb 3, 2018

Ban Full Member

That turn when Huddersfield player fell was out of this world. @GifLord ?
  16. Feb 3, 2018

GifLord The gif that keeps on giffing

which min?
  17. Feb 3, 2018

NoPace Full Member

Has his faults but basically a top bracket footballer along with Pogba and De Gea all of whom the team should be built around.
  18. Feb 3, 2018

Ban Full Member

Hm. Not sure. I'd say somewhere between 55-65 min I think. But I'm maybe way of the mark.
  19. Feb 3, 2018

Eddy_JukeZ Full Member

He's our best player.

The refs need to protect him more. He's been getting kicked about in every game for us so far.

Excellent performance. He shouldn't take pens in the future though :lol:
  20. Feb 3, 2018

Sylar Full Member

We need another play that presses high like him. It will mean turning over the ball in dangerous areas and have us closer to the goal to capitalise.

The way he was targeted today was horrible. The ref was quite poor today but thats not unusual.

Good man, not wanting his first goal to be from a penalty so missed. Open play goal :)
  21. Feb 3, 2018

Pexbo has never watched Star Wars

His on the spot turns are borderline ridiculous. He turns the player and faces back to goal and then the next thing he's turned again, on the other side of the player facing goal and he turns on the afterburners into the space in front of him.

Each time he's done it I've thought "I can't work out if that is incredibly simple or incredible technical what he has just done but I'm fairly sure it involved teleporting nonetheless".
  22. Feb 3, 2018

Red4Ever Full Member

Cork; home of Cantwell, Irwin, Keane and Vidic-wel
    linked up well with Lukaku at times

promising
  23. Feb 3, 2018

Raoul Admin Staff

Impressed with his work rate and creativity. Definitely a great buy for us.
  24. Feb 3, 2018

Strats Full Member

Proved to be the world class player we need to adjust our tactics around. If Jose can find a formation to get the best out of Alexis and Pogba we will be very, very hard to beat.

4-3-3
  25. Feb 3, 2018

WR10 Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018

His technique and athleticism in his ball control is out of this world. When I see players like him and Messi move like that, it makes me really wonder if they're human. I'm a pretty decent footballer but I can't even start to imagine what it would be like to be able to control the ball with such agility. Insane.

He's going to give our attack a whole new level moving forward here.
  26. Feb 3, 2018

Nicklas Full Member

His ability to twist and turn his defender inside out is second to none. A joy to watch. And even though he can misplace some of his passes it’s alright - at least he’s trying to get the ball forward!

It would be great to see him on the left with Pogba in a 4-3-3.
  27. Feb 3, 2018

Cathy Ferguson Full Member

Yup, he is world class and showed great desire and work ethic. We now have two world class players (De Gea being the other one and Pogba on his day).
  28. Feb 3, 2018

bosnian_red Worst scout to ever exist

There's always one
  29. Feb 3, 2018

PlayerOne Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

IMO he's better when he plays inside, his tight dribbling style is perfect. I would start him behind the striker with Lingard on the right.
  30. Feb 4, 2018

Eckers99 Michael Corleone says hello

Not everything comes off but he never stops trying and looks an absolute livewire at times. Showed signs of linking up well with players around him and was a constant threat. Impressive and much more to come, which is an exciting prospect.
  31. Feb 4, 2018

TMDaines Full Member

The state of his shorts at the end of match. Could see they were completely brown from the stand. Just kicked and fouled all game.
  32. Feb 4, 2018

Pace Abuser Full Member

Football's not the game for you if you didn't enjoy him today.
  33. Feb 4, 2018

He'lmurderyah15 New Member

What A beautiful little man
  34. Feb 4, 2018

ti vu Full Member

Now I hope people understand how attacker can be attack while putting a shift in defense yet still a force to reckon up front. This should put the rest the myth about doing defensive work would ultimate hinder an attacker.

Alexis showed this game he was doing the job of 3 other players at the time and at good level: Mata, creating link up play; Martial, beat defenders; Rahsford, driving the team forward while doing the job in pressing Hudderfield players when we're without possession. A complete package for an attacker.
  35. Feb 4, 2018

George Owen LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!

36. Feb 4, 2018

svastian99 New Member

Obviously we still do not see the best of Alexis and that is something very promising. He has an incredible work rate, always wants the contact with the ball to influence the game. Hopefully that spirit will spread to the rest of our team.

About the penalty ... after all the fault and what he ran it is understandable that he does not kick it well. Maybe he thought "the rival team does not hurt us and I've done a good job - I deserve a gift". Probably Mou will give the penalties to Pogba and the freekicks to Alexis.

Mou needs to establish a role for him. Maybe now he plays like LW to better assimilate our style of play. I do not think he has this position permanently. I prefer him as RW interacting with Valencia or behind Lukaku.

A chant for our little friend:

Alexis Sanchez, at No 7,
    He is our chilean hero,
    Signed from Arsenal on a free,
    He cost us fecking zero,
    He was tempted for Man City,
    Until Jose came calling,
    He took a look at our history,
    And left bald Pep bawling.
  37. Feb 4, 2018

Kostov Full Member

Not bringing him straight away from Barca and going for that twat Di Maria, is one of the most appalling decisions the club has made in the past few years. Such a great little player, a terrier. How a Manchester United's player mentality should be, love him already.
  38. Feb 4, 2018

ash_86 Full Member

Great home debut. You can see the desire to win.
  39. Feb 4, 2018

ti vu Full Member

We never know with LVG at helm. There is a chance he would piss Alexis off and him leaving before Mourinho has a chance. Or LVG with Alexis would do enough to keep his job, but we would d an Arsenal going sideway for eternally while Mourinho went to PSG. Oh and Alexis runs down his contract and choose Pep after getting bored to dead with money and philosophy...

I am content with what we have at the moment despite the bad stuff in recent past.
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2018
  40. Feb 4, 2018

Isotope Full Member

Imagine if the City got him. No team stand a chance for the league, for the next 2-3 years. And they might have a good shot in Champions League also. *shudder*
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.