View full 2017-18 profile

6.7 Average rating
5 Appearances
1 Goal
1 Assist
1 Yellow card
  1. Feb 4, 2018

Antonedwin New Member

I wanna try to play zlatan with him if only his knee can recover well , i think zlatan is the only attacker we have whose footballing brain match him . He is also very good at link up play.
    Martial , lukaku & rashford still need so much to learn
  2. Feb 4, 2018

Water Melon before it dries out, eh

Alexis reminds me of Messi (the latter being obviously the better player of course) in several aspects of his game: he conserves his energy well and tries to win the ball back immediately if it is still physically reachable. He also turns his body very fast and changes direction of his game very fast. Pogba needs to learn this from Alexis, if physiologically possible.
  3. Feb 4, 2018

Class of 63 Full Member

There was a break-in at the Duracell factory last week, hope Alexis has got a watertight alibi
  4. Feb 4, 2018

el3mel Full Member

Tbf I don't think that was the opinion at this time. Di Maria was a phenomenal player at this time and was a key part in Madrid winning the CL. By all means possible he was one of the best wingers in the world when we bought him so don't think it was an appalling decision from the club at this time to go for him. We didn't know he won't be even half arsed to play here latter. We found a chance to bring one of the best players in the world at the time so we signed him, didn't know he'll be a twat though.

Sanchez has proved to have by far better mentality on the pitch than ADM.
  5. Feb 4, 2018

King.of.Red New Member

Nice chant for Sanchez..
  6. Feb 4, 2018

RooneyLegend Full Member

He reminds me of something that Fletcher talked about in his recent interview, that being a United player was about courage. The courage to take risks, play the difficult ball, make something happen. Apparently something Sir Alex preached about all the time, you can see Sanchez fits that mold. Nothing more irritating than watching an attacker who thinks keeping it tidy will lead to something.
  7. Feb 4, 2018

NotQuiteManc Full Member

Supports:
    Higher Income Tax For The Rich
    The right player for this current United team. They all have the talent but at times they play nonchalantly, takes less risks than they should, and not finishing team off.
  8. Feb 4, 2018

NotQuiteManc Full Member

Supports:
    Higher Income Tax For The Rich
    Yeah, I remember an interview by Rio where he said he got rollocking by Keane in the first training session just because he played a 5 yard sideway pass. "We are United. We take risks" or something along that line.
  9. Feb 4, 2018

eat_grass Full Member

Pogba, are you watching? This is what it looks like when the most talented player on the pitch puts in the most effort. That's what you need to be doing every single match.

Some of Sanchez's passes in close spaces were so damned sexy, turning the defenders inside-out. Like they didn't even contemplate that pass was possible in that situation, and then BAM! there it goes.
  10. Feb 4, 2018

MadDogg Full Member

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
    He gives the ball away quite a lot, but does it in the 'right' way - in attacking areas trying to make something happen. Sometimes it won't work and he'll give away the ball, other times it does work and he'll have created a dangerous situation.

He also seemed to combine well with Lingard, particularly in the first half those two seemed to be the only two on the same wavelength going forward.
  11. Feb 4, 2018

iKeano Full Member

He was immense yesterday, a joy to watch. I’d haven liked some more Utd players to have his back as he was battered around OT though. Even walking off at half time, he had a Huddersfield defender accusing him of diving and in his ear... I wanted Lukaku (who was a few metres away staring blankly at the ground like he had done for the previous 45 mins) to go over and shove the Huddersfield lad away, create a bit of team spirit - something we clearly lack.
    Sanchez though... MOTM all day. Electric,
  12. Feb 4, 2018

Kostov Full Member

Yeah Di Maria was coming off a great season where he was instrumental, but overall Alexis had been a better player through out there career even at that time. Apart from that season Di Maria was very inconsistent player, with questionable mentality and commitment.
    And he wasn’t even playing as a winger for Madrid that season. We payed 65m on the hype of one season performance, he was never worth that in a market where Arsenal got Alexis for 40m(?).
  13. Feb 4, 2018

Kraftwerker Formerly RedAddict

The way he turns on a sixpence is a joy to behold, not least because he has the burst of pace to quickly get away from the defender after executing it, and puts us immediately on the front foot.

Hard to think of the last player we had who had the kind of agility and burst of pace needed to pull that off.
  14. Feb 4, 2018

Lawman Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

That’s why I’d love us to sign Eric Dier for his leadership qualities as our team lacks a shouter and moaner and this guy goes about it the right way. I never rated him at first but now he’s a player who I appreciate and would love him at OT.
  15. Feb 4, 2018

superdry touched by a genius

Once the rest of the team start expecting the balls he gives and actually start looking for the spaces he sees, we'll open teams up for fun.
  16. Feb 4, 2018

royboy16 Full Member

The moon gave me flowers for funerals to come.
    Like what I see so far,think he's going to be a great player for us.

As much as I like Martial if Sanchez prefers to play on the left he should play on the left,we need to get the best out of him.
  17. Feb 4, 2018

royboy16 Full Member

The moon gave me flowers for funerals to come.
    Ive seen that too but I think the rest of the team are in a bit of defensive mode and havent got used to him yet as he is always look for a quick pass forwards towards goal.
  18. Feb 4, 2018

Godfather Full Member

Nice chant. Also nice to see it being sung by 30 people while the rest are sitting on their arses.
  19. Feb 4, 2018

Classical Mechanic Full Member

@Damien sanchez’s Goal is not showing in his stats.
  20. Feb 4, 2018

Pexbo has never watched Star Wars

They're trying to watch football in peace and that rabble is singing songs next to them like they're larger louts or something. I'd have found and steward and asked them to sort it out, personally.
  21. Feb 4, 2018

Godfather Full Member

Still baffled that United are doing feck all about it. That horrible atmosphere at home is nothing new. Mou adressed it again as well.
  22. Feb 4, 2018

AltiUn likes playing with swords after fantasies

I share these feelings but in regards to Pogba, if he'd have stayed he would've left and never came back, now we may have him for his peak years.
  23. Feb 4, 2018

Pogue Mahone Poster of the year 2008

"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
    So annoying. Last time I was there people kept standing up and getting in the way when I was filming my favourite players. Just selfish really.
  24. Feb 4, 2018

Ridiculous isn't it. I mean you pay all that money to go to a game every few years and a few people spoil it for everyone else. Always the same.
  25. Feb 4, 2018

DWelbz19 Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

Did Mourinho make a point of the fouls on Alexis after the game? Every clogger is going to fancy hacking down the highest paid PL player of all time. Especially when he can turn on a sixpence.

And apparently get away with half of them unpunished.
  26. Feb 4, 2018

Di Maria's angel Captain of Moanchester United

Something that I noticed is how different his mentality is in comparison to everyone else in the team. He must have ushered Shaw to make a run down the wing several times. And even during the last 10 mins, when we go into walking mode, he was still looking to drive us forward. The first player who is reminiscent of the SAF era, for me. Hopefully, his drive and enthusiasm rubs off to everyone else. Our team seems to willingly lack that killer instinct which Alexis has.
  27. Feb 4, 2018

matador Full Member

Alexis makes it to the cover of one of the most popular Chilean newspapers (again)

[​IMG]
  28. Feb 4, 2018

LennonNL nipple flasher and door destroyer

They using the old badge there? Always wondered why MOTD do too... I mean I prefer it but it’s not the badge anymore :lol:
  29. Feb 4, 2018

Coops73 Full Member

Played great and his interactions with Lingard are really promising, he’s constantly forward thinking and I know he demands the ball a lot, which is great but as I said in another thread I think it’s a bit early in his United career for all the gesticulating when he doesn’t get the pass he wanted.
  30. Feb 4, 2018

Georgie_Best New Member

SAF would have loved him. Reminds me a bit of Tevez
  31. Feb 4, 2018

Loublaze ATLien

Zlatan has probably played his last game for United. He's finished at this level and that's not an insult
  32. Feb 4, 2018

Acole9 Outstanding

Nice to see him get this first goal, here's to many more!
  33. Feb 4, 2018

MyOnlySolskjaer Creator of Player Performance threads

Need his goal added to stats.
  34. Feb 5, 2018

MyOnlySolskjaer Creator of Player Performance threads

A lot to like about him, he demands forward passes and already plays like a leader. He makes our style so much more fluid. So much different from the Van Gaal style of play.
  35. Feb 5, 2018

Cee90 Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13

It's going to take a while for us to get the best out of Sanchez and work out where he will best fit in in my opinion.

It's great to have him on board though.
  36. Feb 5, 2018

Yeah Fergie loved Tevez :lol:
  37. Feb 5, 2018

Luis DC New Member

Supports:
    Universidad de Chile
    @matador try to provide a bit more information about La Cuarta, they would think that they are a serious newspapers :-p
  38. Feb 5, 2018

Luis DC New Member

Supports:
    Universidad de Chile
  39. Feb 5, 2018

#07 makes new threads with tweets in the OP

40. Feb 5, 2018

abdo99 Full Member City Lover

Imagine Sanchez under playing under LVG. :lol: He would've been out of the team in no time given how LVG never allowed risks to be taken. Sanchez is a proper United player without a doubt. Infact come to think of it this also explains why Di Maria failed here. He's a similar player to Sanchez in how he takes risks but ultimately he didn't have the right mentality to succeed and that's the difference between him and Sanchez.