4 Assists
2 Yellow cards
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Feb 5, 2018

Luis DC New Member

Supports:
    Universidad de Chile
    our media is reporting that according to you media Sanchez is making a half an hour of extra training. No surprise, the guy is obsessed with fitness.
  2. Feb 5, 2018

Trizy Full Member

Heard that before at Arsenal. Everyone would finish and he'd stay doing pull ups.
  3. Feb 5, 2018

Adam-Utd Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

Agree, his high standards are a joy to behold. I love the fact he's ushering people forward, if the ball is going sideways he's shouting and throwing his arms about. For all of Arsenal's negatives they definitely move the ball better than we do, it must be alien for him.
  4. Feb 5, 2018

royboy16 Full Member

The moon gave me flowers for funerals to come.
    The fans love a tryer like
  5. Feb 5, 2018

svastian99 New Member

Last edited: Feb 5, 2018
  6. Feb 5, 2018

NikSab Anthony Martial's #1 fan

According to some of Ornstein's colleagues, United were interested as soon as Sánchez's move in the summer broke down.

Ornstein spoke to someone close to Sánchez and they told him that Sánchez was not all that interested in a move to Manchester City.

The narrative that Pep Guardiola was the main reason that Sánchez would join Manchester City seemed a little off, especially considering that Guardiola himself sold Sánchez to Arsenal, when Sánchez was at FC Barcelona.

City didn't seriously come in for Sánchez until the final hours of the transfer market, they didn't seem to seriously pursue the player, like you normally would, if you were chasing a player.

City representatives said that they never came to the table for him anyway, which seemed a bit like face-saving. They seemed to think that they could go for him in the summer anyway. Ornstein seemed to think that City did not need him anyway.

Meanwhile United came in that week.
  7. Feb 5, 2018

svastian99 New Member

Sanchez only played one year with Guardiola (41 games). He was sold by another manager (I think it was Gerardo Martino).
  8. Feb 5, 2018

Luis DC New Member

Supports:
    Universidad de Chile
    Sanchez player in Barcelona with Guardiola, Vilanova and Martino. It was Luis Enrique who sold him to Arsenal.
  9. Feb 6, 2018

Paul778 New Member

Alexis is a disruptor at United and it's going to be a while until the dust settles and we understand the true benefits of the lad. I'm not saying that he's not good - he's clearly going to be amazing for us. What I am talking about is the impact of his signing on the rest of the team. We haven't bought him on 1st July and got a full pre-season to bed him in - we need to work out what works as we go along.

It's clearly going to have a significant impact to the 'normal' first 11 starting. Alexis will take one of the front four berths but who will take the other two (assuming Lukaku has got the other locked down). This isn't just going to be 'who's the fastest', or 'who's got the best tricks', but more who has the best relationship with Pogba, Alexis and Lukaku.

We have Lingard, Rashford, Martial and Mata fighting over two spots - possibly one if as I hope we continue to put Pogba at the head of a midfield three. With Alexis instigating such a change I'm not sure we are supporters are going to be able to have much valid analysis for a while and will have to trust in Jose and what he sees on the training ground.

Of the four on first look I could see Mata struggling for game time but it may well go in completely the opposite direction. With Alexis having so much urgency and flair, who is able to make and receive pinpoint passes, you may well be looking for someone who will gel with this. Lingard, Rashford and Martial have often shown either an inability to look up or an inability to thread the pinpoint pass. Mata might well end up higher up the pecking order.

One thing for sure, not having to *always* rely on the these options from the start but more giving them rotation from the bench can only be a good thing for Man Utd and these players. Let them grow into form, rather than playing them anyway when they are not.
  10. Feb 6, 2018

Antonedwin Banned

Fergie actually tried to sign him , he failed because tevez was owned by third-party company

Di maria would have thrived under mourinho tbh ( he did thrived at madrid ) mou let his attacker do whatever they want , he just drill his player to be more discipline at defensive job

Alexis is United player through and through from his work ethic and his winning mentality ( which is why he threw tantrum in arsenal, team full of spineless player without ambition ) he suit us better
    , it's other player who need to up their standard to match him
  11. Feb 11, 2018

svastian99 New Member

Alexis as a LW again.
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2018
  12. Threadmark: Newcastle 1:0 Man Utd
    Feb 11, 2018

Pexbo has never watched Star Wars

He’s supreme.
  13. Feb 11, 2018

Yagami Full Member

He's so vocal in games. Telling our players where to position themselves, where to make runs, where to play the ball. This is why I think he'll influence our overall play so much as he's not only a fantastic player; he's a leader.
  14. Feb 11, 2018

Bearded One Full Member

I just love this guy!
  15. Feb 11, 2018

Based Adnan New Member

He's been great but he's not offered anything on the left that Martial wouldn't. On the other hand he'd give us a lot more on the right compared to what Martial is offering on the right.
  16. Feb 11, 2018

Seanus New Member

That headed pass to Lukaku was superb thinking-shame it was wasted
  17. Feb 11, 2018

#07 makes new threads with tweets in the OP

Not getting him in the game enough. Think its wrong to play him wide left. We don't play like Arsenal, he's not seeing enough of the ball.
  18. Feb 11, 2018

OneUnited24 Full Member

That was really poor. I dont know why he delayed like that
  19. Feb 11, 2018

TMDaines Full Member

Posted this in the match thread, but better discussion will be here:

I am a bit surprised that Sanchez has just been given the left inside forward role and Martial/Rashford have been left to carve out a new role. It has not strengthened us in the slightest and I wouldn’t have been interested in Sanchez if that was always going to be the plan. We simply did not need a new right-footed left-sided attacker, as we already have good strength and depth there.

I’m desperate to see 4-3-3 with Pogba left CM, Martial/Rashford left inside forward and Sanchez on the right.
  20. Feb 11, 2018

harms Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018 Scout

Not bad, even rather good individually, but our team performances struggled since he'd been introduced in the squad. Hopefully it's only a matter of time — so far our players don't fully understand his movements and decisions.
  21. Feb 11, 2018

IAmAWinner New Member

He should have scored, don't know why he just stopped for a second.
  22. Feb 11, 2018

Mibabalou Full Member

53', 93', 94', 99', 90+1', 90+3', 26', 34'
    Why didn't he shoot earlier when he went round the keeper?
  23. Feb 11, 2018

Ban Full Member

He was good by my God how he didn't score that..
  24. Feb 11, 2018

spiriticon Full Member

I have a feeling that his signing has seriously unbalanced the team. Now Lingard and Martial have reverted to being shit, Pogba seems to be playing with chains on.

WTF is going on.
  25. Feb 11, 2018

Cheesy Bread with dipping sauce Scout

Not produced his best stuff for us so far but his quality when on the ball is evident. Always eager to win it in tight situations too and a constant threat, which is more than can be said for most of the side.
  26. Feb 11, 2018

bosnian_red Worst scout to ever exist

Because we were balanced before he came in right :lol:
  27. Feb 11, 2018

ValenciasDrilledCrosses Full Member

Our best player but awful awful miss
  28. Feb 11, 2018

bosnian_red Worst scout to ever exist

He had to hesitate that bit because the way he ran up to it, his foot was infront of the ball and would've just kicked it into himself basically. Should have taken another touch though and then found the spot.
  29. Feb 11, 2018

Adam-Utd Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

He didn't shoot because he was facing 90 degrees away from goal. It was impossible to shoot at the goal without coming around the ball first like he did.

He would have 99% missed if he tried to shoot at the first angle, you just have to praise Newcastle for not giving it up.
  30. Feb 11, 2018

kouroux 45k posts to finally achieve this tagline

Said it after his first game, he doesn't realize how bad his teammates are, how bad the attacking coaching is. I was afraid he's show frustration, it's already beginning..
  31. Feb 11, 2018

Ban Full Member

He's already showing frustration?
  32. Feb 11, 2018

Andersons Dietician Full Member

Supports:
    Supports good football
    Just can’t work out why he delayed that shot. Should have scored there, even if he has to throw himself to the ground to get the angle and contact you do it. Other than that decent. Some good little bits of link up and he was trying to make things happen. Works his ass off in areas...
  33. Feb 11, 2018

Walters_19_MuFc Full Member

Glimpses of class today. Some great passes and dribbles. Should have finished his chance, though. Not sure why he took so long to shoot.
  34. Feb 11, 2018

I admit, I could be clutching at straws here. You could see him asking the ball at his feet in many situations without the ball arriving, you could see him gesticulating and showing annoyance. Like I said, I may be talking complete rubbish.
  35. Feb 11, 2018

svastian99 New Member

Mou still does not know where to use Alexis. With Mata you can see that there is chemistry. Enough to experience Mou!

In the opportunity he had, he had to turn a lot and hit him immediately. He waited for a ball bounce but it was already full of defenders. Still need to develop more chemistry in the passes but it is a matter of time.
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2018
  36. Feb 11, 2018

psychdelicblues Full Member

I'm glad you said it.
  37. Feb 11, 2018

Devil may care Full Member Verified Moaner

I thought he dragged us into the game in the first half, should have scored in the second and then him and Mata seemed to be getting in each others way at times in the last 20 minutes.
  38. Feb 11, 2018

Ban Full Member

I don't think it's that bad. It's the way he reacts and play.
  39. Feb 11, 2018

Kraftwerker Formerly RedAddict

It would have been tough for him to get the requisite power on that shot given the angle he was at. He was off balance.

Still, worth a swing of the leg.

It was a good block from the Newcastle defender nonetheless.
  40. Feb 11, 2018

We'll see. It won't be surprising though tbh knowing the kinda player he is and how lethargic his teammates are.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.