Alexis Sanchez | Done deal

Discussion in 'Transfer Forum' started by Paz, Jan 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jan 13, 2018

matherto ask me about our 50% off sale!

They don't play open though. At all.

They strangle games so that should the opposition win the ball back, they've got no space to run into to or pass to.

I don't see any of the other big guns taking them on and not at least getting hammered possession and chances wise but I do agree it requires a moment of magic from Messi, Ronaldo, Neymar, etc to beat them.
  2. Jan 13, 2018

LennonNL nipple flasher and door destroyer

Red raw
  3. Jan 13, 2018

Giggs86 Full Member

Didn't you hear? City is basically the modern day Barcelona and Pep is the second coming of Jesus Christ himself, the prophet and messiah of Football.
  4. Jan 13, 2018

Mciahel Goodman Worst Werewolf Player of All Times Staff

By open I mean they spend large amounts of time with 8-9 outfield players in the opposition half. They can't do that against elite clubs. Or they can, but they'll be hammered.
  5. Jan 13, 2018

Utdfrom2002 Full Member

Could it be possible that Sanchez has given his word to Pep that he will play for him only and won't join another team in the premier league? Even if that means spending the season at Arsenal and moving in the summer for a big sign on fee. That way City can put out a story about not paying over the odds and being conservative with money now. Added bonus of claiming Sanchez chose City over Utd despite Utd offering more money.
  6. Jan 13, 2018

Womp idiot

If that was the case Jose wouldn't have said what he did.
  7. Jan 13, 2018

They won't get hammered though.

It's hard to break through their lines even if they're in the opposition half because their players are coached to be close together strangling the counter and recovering the ball. That's 'the Guardiola style of play'.

Counter attacking teams are supposed to be the most effective against his teams but they don't work cause you rarely get the ball through and isolate their defenders.
  8. Jan 13, 2018

Rozay Not good at posting fixture lists

Great player, but I’ve already committed my heart to Dybala.
  9. Jan 13, 2018

I think people are rating them higher than merited. I've watched them this season and they've made everyone else in the Premier League look average. I still think that come a quarter or semi in the CL against Madrid or Barca that they get turned over.

They're a top side, but I don't see them as being CL winners or at the same level of Barca/Bayern/Real when any of those three are playing in full gear. Not even close for me.
  10. Jan 13, 2018

RedDevilRoshi New Member

Save that one for the summer ;)
  11. Jan 13, 2018

MaxiPaxi likes to shove his mum's boiled eggs up his rectum

No because the story came from Di Marzio not the British press.
  12. Jan 13, 2018

Real absolutely hammered Pep's Bayern on their way to the final with counter attacking football. It can certainly be done with top quality players.
  13. Jan 13, 2018

True enough but I honestly don't think his Bayern team were as good/as in form as this current City side is. They often struggled with injuries too which seemingly this year City aren't.

Real also are nowhere near as good this season.

Honestly see it being City-PSG in the final and tbh it'd be pretty decent to watch aside from the obvious hatred of City.
  14. Jan 13, 2018

Rozay Not good at posting fixture lists

It’s funny, if the Sanchez/Sterling swap deal had happened in the summer, we might still be in a title race.
  15. Jan 13, 2018

I'm not talking about personnel or specific teams, though. Just that Guardiola only knows how to play one way and a good counter attacking team will give them something to think about. Think Real, Inter etc against Pep's teams.

Not saying they won't win the CL but its far from a foregone conclusion.
  16. Jan 13, 2018

Are they even favourites? PSG, Barca, Bayern, Real, City would be the way I'd look at it. The first three because of form, but also because they have better players. Real because despite having a bad year they can still be world class in one off occasions (and are defending champions two years in a row). City are the best outside of that top three/four. If they beat those teams in high pressure games then I'll admit I was wrong, but I don't see it.
  17. Jan 13, 2018

I agree. It's also the fact that it's a knockout competition and anything can happen, takes luck as well as being good to win it.
  18. Jan 13, 2018

They are actually favourites with the bookmakers. 3/1, but mostly due to the fact that they play Basel whereas PSG play Real Madrid and Barcelona play Chelsea.

Anyway, if I had to bet on it I'd say Sanchez signs for them either this month or in the summer. Though could be an RvP type move where everyone thinks there's no chance.
  19. Jan 13, 2018

Verminator Full Member

Mes que una prostituta.
  20. Jan 13, 2018

breakout67 Full Member

City are definitely not the best team in Europe. The fact that the English league has been a shadow of itself for a long time means that people overrate the best team in the PL.

Their forward line is Sterling, Aguero/Jesus, Sane. Which is 3 young talents and one experienced world class player. Barcelona have Messi in extremely good form, PSG have Neymar and Cavani who are ridiculously good. All 3 players would improve City's team significantly.

Their midfield is their strongest area; but Barca still have Busquets going strong and an Iniesta rested in league games due to Coutinho's arrival. Paulinho is also showing that he's a very good player. Bayern also have a strong midfield; Alcantara is a majestic player; Vidal and Martinez are veterans.

City's defence is their weakest area; and sacrifice defensive qualities for the sake of the system. Guardiola defenders are exposed again and again when they cannot dominate a game because they must play in compromising decisions in order to retain possession.

City have yet to play a team with the same fire power as them, and as a result they have looked amazing. Because that is what Guardiola does; when he has the better team he dominates the game.
  21. Jan 13, 2018

Harry190 Full Member

As long as he doesn't act like a little child the way he did last season.
  22. Jan 13, 2018

Utdfrom2002 Full Member

Cheers! Just seems strange City would brief the media about not being able to spend above a certain amount and to see the media lap it up. :houllier:
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
  23. Jan 13, 2018

reddaz71 New Member

Lets wait and see how this pans out, Realistically though it would not be a surprise if Sanchez stays put and joins City at the end of his contract if thats where he truly desires to go given his affection for Pep and the astronomical signing on fee he will get,Thats got to be the most obvious outcome and possibly as a direct replacement for Aguero!!
  24. Jan 13, 2018

sunama Baghdad Bob

:lol:

These tend to be very angry and extremely aggressive.
  25. Jan 13, 2018

MIC_FIN New Member

Some serious questions need asking guys. All this "unzip" "cocks out" shite needs to stop. It's fecking embarrassing. We are not some degenerative football team residing in the championship. Get a grip ffs.
  26. Jan 13, 2018

kr0nix Full Member

So you're saying we shouldn't be unzipping... yet?
  27. Jan 13, 2018

Class of 63 Full Member

Yeah like, how do you get a proper grip if you don't unzip first ?
  28. Jan 13, 2018

Devil may care Full Member Verified Moaner

Yes.....that's why it's embarrassing. :lol:
  29. Jan 13, 2018

We’ve been saying shit like that for years. As long as I can remember. It’s all banter. :houllier:
  30. Jan 13, 2018

Mick1 Full Member

Dont need to support a degenerstive football team to appreciate the absolute glory of a good man to hand session
  31. Jan 13, 2018

KingMinger22 City >>> United. Moaning twat

We need both.

The PL average team quality is higher than ever.

The two young talents you mention - Sane and Sterling are incredible talents that are already consistently delivering. So the point about them being young is a compliment more than a limitation.
  32. Jan 13, 2018

Mr Smith Full Member

This is muppet central mate. Jumping the gun is out MO. Get with the program.
  33. Jan 13, 2018

MrMarcello Full Member

United might sign Sanchez?
    [​IMG]

A few days later and City sign Sanchez.

[​IMG]
  34. Jan 13, 2018

automaticflare Full Member

Can’t believe so many of these folks make an actual living from this shit

I long for the days of signings out of no where like Andy cole what a day that was!!
  35. Jan 13, 2018

rampo Full Member

:lol::lol::lol:
  36. Jan 13, 2018

Just noticed this from another thread. Bolded part ended up being absolutely correct. Seems we’ve been negotiating with Arsenal and AS for at least couple of weeks. Post was made on the 30th of December. Sounds promising.

I mean, if Sanchez’s heart is set on City why waste everyone’s time?
  37. Jan 13, 2018

breakout67 Full Member

This is the first year in several years that the PL has good representation in the CL, and now people are saying the quality is higher than ever. Even then 3 of the PL teams got straight forward groups.

We have just gone through a period where Madrid and Barca dominated european football.

The PL average team quality is piss poor compared to the 2000s, when the PL was getting 2-3 teams in the final 8 of the CL on a regular basis.
  38. Jan 13, 2018

RedTiger Full Member

I was in six form at the time, I thought everyone was taking the piss until I got home and saw it on teletext myself:drool:
  39. Jan 13, 2018

VeevaVee despite the protests, wears Ugg boots

He's our big signing. Sanchez is small change
  40. Jan 13, 2018

Scholsey2004 Full Member

Five goal debut. :drool:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.