All ticket/travel information thread - 2017/18 -Touting will not be tolerated on the site

Discussion in 'Manchester United Forum' started by Sultan, Jun 13, 2017.

1. Jul 15, 2017

Sandikan aka sex on the beach

After 4 years of always opting out of what I could (league cup, Europa), this season makes no sense to, as you have to buy champions league and FA Cup, so if we don't get any league cup homes, or say get 1, you'd throw all your extra rights to later big games away for nothing.

I wonder if a lot of people will think like me and any possible cup finals may be oversubscribed even for full credits?
    Or whether most season ticket holders opt in anyway?
  2. Jul 15, 2017

Token Sheet Full Member

"No 6 bus to Old Trafford 6p, Admission to re
    In the last 2 season's domestic cup finals, everyone that was in acs and paid for all home cup games, got a cup final ticket.
    In all fairness to the club, they made sure that hsppebed, so as to show it's worth being in.
    There were approx 25/30000 st holders in acs last 2 season's, not sure if it will go up this season though.
  3. Jul 15, 2017

Will be interesting. The safety net is being able to opt out at any stage.
    I'm in now, but if we did draw Lincoln at home in the league cup I might struggle to get up for that/shift it. Although they have taken 25% off the prices, so might still be worth it.
  4. Jul 15, 2017

Token Sheet Full Member

I agree it really is a difficult one for people in the position that you and many others are in.
    Yeah the league cup reduction is a pleasant surprise.
  5. Jul 15, 2017

A contact in our northern office helps out. But he told me the Europa in the winter wasn't going to happen, which made last year's decision for me!
  6. Jul 17, 2017

Penna Kind Moderator (with a bit of a mean streak) Staff

Just got my ST (silver one this year), it came with a nice little wallet to hold it and a decent metal badge. I think they're really splashing out. :)
  7. Jul 17, 2017

oLeSoLsKjAeR20 New Member

Patiently waiting on mine to arrive! I'm a first timer and can't wait to have it safely in my possession!! :drool:
  8. Jul 17, 2017

Brinky Full Member

A long shot but looking for any potential tickets for the Swansea (Away) game in August for sale.
  9. Jul 18, 2017

McLovin Bites pillows thinking of John Terry

Looking for 1 ticket for the United vs. Leicester game, ideally in NW3434 or close to there. I have two season tickets but have a third friend wanting to come.

Can repay the favor later on in the season.
  10. Jul 18, 2017

ZupZup Full Member

I am unfortunately away for the Leicester match so they could use mine but it's W3104 (Row 2)... if that's any good?
  11. Jul 18, 2017

McLovin Bites pillows thinking of John Terry

Works mate. will PM you.
  12. Jul 20, 2017

LennonNL nipple flasher and door destroyer

Just having a look at tickets and the prices are just extortionate since I was last a member. £47 for a seat way at the back of the north stand second tier?!

What a waste of £20 for membership that was. It's far easier to get better seats by searching on Facebook or twitter for season ticket holders who can't make matches. My mates Dad used to offer them up right in the Stretford End but haven't heard from him in a while.

All the games via the website are sold out all season (besides the big ones where they do a ballot). It's a daft system.
  13. Jul 20, 2017

Neil67 Full Member

Ticket forwarding is going to be allowed this season, which I think is a great idea.

Following discussions with the Fans' Forum and taking feedback directly from Season Ticket holders on board, we have implemented a 'Ticket Forwarding' facility which will allow supporters successful for a ticket to 'forward' their ticket to another supporter if they are unable to attend.

Key Information

• The 'Ticket Forwarding' facility will be available from when the ballot results are confirmed, right up to the day of the game
    • Away tickets can only be forward on two occasions during the 2017/18 season. For those supporters in the Loyalty Pot, forwarding a ticket would class as a 'missed application'
    • Supporters who do not wish to use this service will still be able to cancel their ticket through the club, and receive a full refund
    • Transfers will only be available to 'adult' supporters as we are unable to reprint / reissue tickets for away games (once a ticket is allocated and sent as a concession, it will either have had a stub removed or have been stamped and therefore cannot be used by an adult)
    • 'Qualifying' supporters will be Season Ticket holders who are Silver Level (3 years tenure) and have purchased all home cup games
    • Supporters who already have a ticket in the game will not be eligible to receive a ticket from another supporter
  14. Jul 20, 2017

jojojo Moderator Staff

Welcome to Manchester reception committee
    That sounds like a good compromise from United.
  15. Jul 21, 2017

Token Sheet Full Member

I am actually not so sure it is a great idea.

Last season the "to collect" or "not to collect" veiled threat at every ballot, meant fans just applied for games they intended to go to.
    This resulted in a fairer chance of getting tickets and it's safe to say most people had a higher success rate in getting away tickets.

I'm concerned this new initiative will
    encourage mass applications again and mates can "pass on" tickets if not going.

I think the figures for the first few ballots will give us a better idea of how it's working and we'll have to wait and see.
  16. Jul 21, 2017

Token Sheet Full Member

17. Jul 21, 2017

KingMinger22 City >>> United. Moaning twat

If anyone has 2-4 tickets for Liverpool or City at home I'd pay decent whack for them...
  18. Jul 21, 2017

maba723 likes bananas a bit too much

Anyone here got the lite membership? Do you just get the membership card?
  19. Jul 22, 2017

Cambo camerony

Hi All. Looking for 1 ticket vs Spurs at OT on Oct 28. Travelling to Manchester all the way from Australia ... will be first time at a United game! Any help would be much appreciated :)
  20. Jul 24, 2017

Ready2Rumble New Member

This is still available if anyone can take it.
  21. Jul 25, 2017

sewey89 Full Member

Looking for 3 tickets for the Huddersfield game at home. 3rd February. Obviously well in advance, but thought i'd check - Maybe somebody has a holiday booked or something?
  22. Jul 25, 2017

Utd heap Full Member

I'm back from abroad earlier than expected. I had sold off my two tickets for the West Ham game.

If anyone has two spare in the East or West stands drop me a PM. Cheers.
  23. Jul 27, 2017

finndt New Member

I got a few questions for you frequent match goers.

I bought a ticket to 12.12 Bournemouth game, then I also applied for the derby which takes place the previous weekend. When will they confirm the dates and kick off times? The city game is obviously going to be early Saturday kick off or Sunday. How about the ticket ballot, when is it due? If I’m not lucky, is the best/only option overpriced viagogo ticket?

I was also wondering, some friends of mine are probably going to get their tickets later. So is there some sort of network where it would be possible to change seats so we could be seated next to each other.

I’m flying from Finland so this always takes a bit planning.
  24. Jul 27, 2017

Whatsername Full Member

Ballots are usually drawn about 5 weeks before the game, mostly on Fridays, and you get a text and email telling you if you've been successful or not, you can check your online account too as it'll tell you if a ticket has been allocated to you.

The club are really good about swapping seats but you need to keep an eye on the website to see when seats become available. I always select where I want to change to online, immediately call the ticket office, tell them which seats I have in the basket, they tell me to release them and then they quickly grab them and swap them with the original seats I'd bought. Not quite sure how it'd work if your friends already have seats booked, maybe if you add them to your members network?

As for when the kick off changes for December are announced, it won't be for another couple of months yet I wouldn't think.
  25. Jul 27, 2017

finndt New Member

That's useful. Thanks a lot. Changes in fixtures are always a big question mark when booking flights and hotels.
  26. Jul 28, 2017

Freak Born a freak always a freak.

Am I right to say that you cannot bring DSLR cameras into the stadium?
  27. Jul 28, 2017

Ober tan New Member

Does that work mate? I've lost my seat a few times by waiting in the queue, would be good if it could be avoided.
  28. Jul 28, 2017

Sultan السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته Staff

A precautionary note for those interested in purchasing tickets for UEFA Super Cup.

We advise posters to be very vigilant when transferring or handing over any money to new posters just signed on to sell tickets. Why would these sellers buy official tickets and then sell for the same price? It doesn't serve their purpose to sell for published prices.
  29. Jul 28, 2017

Whatsername Full Member

It's always worked for me and I've done it quite often. Latest was the other day, I'd bought tickets for West Ham the day they went on sale but couldnt get two together, noticed that more had been made available earlier this week so clicked on two together which were added to my basket and then got on the phone to the ticket office. No queue so it was sorted in a couple of minutes.
  30. Jul 28, 2017

PoTMS Full Member

Cheeky, but don't expect anyone to have a couple for West Ham (h)?
  31. Jul 28, 2017

NextSeason Full Member

From the banks of the Irwell, to Sicily..
    So newbies can post in here this season? Or could they last season as well?

I can't remember! :lol:
  32. Jul 28, 2017

Kazi Full Member

Anyone?
  33. Jul 29, 2017

Sultan السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته Staff

Can't remember the exact timeline the Newbies were allowed to post. They do have various restrictions.
  34. Jul 29, 2017

Alek M Da manic one

Hi fellow reds. Need 2 tickets for the Super cup in Skopje United - Madrid. I have been to OT, but my daughter is a massive United fan and was hoping to take here to the Madrid game. She is so disappointed that we got denied tickets from the UEFA lottery.

I live in USA, but I am from Macedonia and just got here, specially for the Cup. Tough to find tickets locally.

Will be able to help with logistics here for fellow reds. Especially around game game. Anything you need pm me and can give you my e-mail address and we better coordinate for any questions you may have. I know there are some jerks here in Macedonia jacking up hostel prices, can't promise anything but can try to ask around and find you something reasonable.

Looking forward to meeting some of you fellow reds!
  35. Jul 30, 2017

Alscaff Full Member

If anyone is still looking for flights to Supercup, and doesn't mind flying from Glasgow, they can have mine. I can't make the game now but had booked to fly to Sofia and then travel through to Skopje on the Monday. Flying back on Wed 9th.
  36. Jul 30, 2017

Dara New Member

Have you got any spare tickets?
  37. Jul 30, 2017

Dara New Member

OK at the moment, I am working in Sofia.
    If anyone needs help/advice contact
  38. Jul 30, 2017

Alscaff Full Member

No, I gave mine away to a friend
  39. Jul 30, 2017

Dara New Member

OK thanks
  40. Jul 31, 2017

Token Sheet Full Member

The club are currently selling tickets for the 3 home legs of the Champions League without knowing who the opponents will be. :houllier: