All-Time Fantasy Draft - NM v Isotope

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by Brwned, Feb 2, 2013.

?

Who will win based on players in their prime, team tactics, balance & bench strength?

Poll closed Feb 3, 2013.
  1. NM

59.4%
  2. Isotope

40.6%
  1. Feb 2, 2013

Brwned Have you ever been in love before?

Team NM
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Team Isotope

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Feb 2, 2013

Isotope Full Member

NM team has no playmaker to control his team flow.
    And Carvalho is a good defender, but not sure he's capable against great players as one of the last defence.
  3. Feb 2, 2013

Theon Full Member

NM has the best front 4 in the entire draft, unquestionably.

Boniek, Rummenigge, Blokhin and Pele :drool:
  4. Feb 2, 2013

Isotope Full Member

Maybe. But they are still waiting for the ball that rarely arrive. When they have, they'll just play within themselves as no one able to control the game.

Every great team always have one player to control his team flow. Who that will be in NM team?
  5. Feb 2, 2013

Theon Full Member

Possibly, Neeskens is one of the greatest centre mids of all time though, likewise Tardelli who is better than any on the pitch bar Matthaus and Neeskens. Neeskens will need a big game but its the exact type he would be up for IMO.

Edit - you edited that post after I responded! Clear that Pele is NM's main attacking outlet, outrageous talent aside, NM has positioned him in the hole and said he has given him a free role to influence the match.

Like I said though NM's front four are all incredible, someone like Rummenigge was a two time Ballon D'or winner and as complete a forward you will find. He's more than capable of creating chances.
  6. Feb 2, 2013

Brwned Have you ever been in love before?

Pelé.
  7. Feb 2, 2013

Isotope Full Member

That will be an interesting point if NM or Theon can confirm it.
  8. Feb 2, 2013

NM Full Member

what's to confirm? its common sense. Your mid-field will NOT have control - it will be your 3 versus my 2 with Pele being the outlet. your fullbacks will be pinned back by my wingers., who are easy outlets for me. Passarella and Carvalho's passing range will ensure my midfield never get the ball under pressure.. In effect, you will have 5 men sitting back in your own half while I boss possession. Its easy to talk crap, but if you actually look at your formation, it makes no sense. You will not have the ball, and my attack will rip you apart.
  9. Feb 2, 2013

Fergus' son Gets very easily confused

Tom Finney should be starting IMO.
  10. Feb 2, 2013

NM Full Member

Isotope - I don't know we wre voting for our teams, but ok, I'll do it too!
  11. Feb 2, 2013

NM Full Member

some thoughts from Theon.

12. Feb 2, 2013

Isotope Full Member

:lol: I have Zico, Hagi, Veron, Matthaus, and Viera sitting back and not bossing your midfield? Not to mention you have Carvalho in your last defense line; which I think he's the worst centerback in the whole draft.
  13. Feb 2, 2013

NM Full Member

What I'd like to point out is:

I have the best forward partnership in the draft!!

Boniek and Blokhin will rip Cordoba and Cabrini a new one!!

My midfield will have Boniek helping out, and Pele as playmaker. We will NOT be overrun - don't be fooled by Iso's lies.

There is no way his attack is getting past my defense

Familiarity: Carvalho & cole were part of Cehlssea's great defense. Tardelli and Boniek were part of the great Juventus team of the 80s. My team knows how to play with each other.

Lastlly, Tardelli, Neeskens and my center backs are great passers of the ball. My wingers and forwards will be easily released.
  14. Feb 2, 2013

NM Full Member

You have Cordoba- one of the worst fullbacks in the draft. Also I'm sure Carvalho is terrible. That's why Chelsea conceded so few goals when he was around. It was all due to John Superman Terry. :houllier:

you have 0 width in your side. Your fullbacks won't be going past the halfway line. Quite simply - Pele is in a different class to anyone else in your team, and you have nobody on him
  15. Feb 2, 2013

antohan gets aroused by tagline boobs

What the hell is Passarella doing on the right? He is left footed.
  16. Feb 2, 2013

NM Full Member

I don't really know how to make these graphics. Give me a good site?
  17. Feb 2, 2013

Theon Full Member

He's on the right so Thuram can drop into CB when Passarella carries the ball. Can't think of a better fullback for the job than Thuram.
  18. Feb 2, 2013

Isotope Full Member

I'll see how this one pans out first. Seems like not many really rate him as I and you do. I still have Hagi that can play on the wing, and Cabrini on the left providing width.
  19. Feb 2, 2013

Jayvin Full Member

What's the reasoning for picking Cordoba over Irwin?
  20. Feb 2, 2013

Isotope Full Member

Just trying to shore up my defence, allowing Cabrini to attack more on the other side, while covering Veron and Hagi on the right side. Also to cover when Hansen going forward.
  21. Feb 2, 2013

NM Full Member

I'll be back in here after the game. Lets go United!
  22. Feb 2, 2013

Theon Full Member

Iso has a DM, two CM's, two AM's and a forward who likes to drop deep.

I mean seriously, it's mental how narrow and packed his midfield is.

The entire game will be based on two of the greatest wingers of all time in Boniek and Blokhin exploiting weak fullbacks and a ridiculous amount of space. Hopefully some voters remember Boniek and his achievements with Juve, then on the other flank Blokhin is equally talented, comprehensively voted the best in Europe in the 1975 Ballon d'Or.

Both are famous for their dribbling and exceptional speed, providing an unmatched threat on the counter. Simply put, there is no way Iso's narrow set up could cope with that level of ability.
  23. Feb 2, 2013

Isotope Full Member

Cabrini is one of the best left back of all time. How do you think he's weak has shown your true BIAS opinion as assistant manager. Your wingers have to help your midfield that being over-run by mine. Then there's NONE to control your game flow. None! You can use Pele (as Brwned suggested) but then he has to drop deep to pick up the ball, and lessen his attack power.

I have Veron that can pin point passes to counter-attack, if needed.
  24. Feb 2, 2013

Aldo Full Member

I agree with Iso on that one. You might question Irwin's ability to deal with Blokhin to an extent, but saying Cabrini can't do a job on Boniek is simply illogical and very convenient to say the least.
  25. Feb 2, 2013

NM Full Member

Yes - Cabrini with no help at all from midfield. While my front four are the most fluid in the draft. Your defense won't have a clue. good luck picking the ball out of your net. The point is quite simple - your full backs will be pinned back - you will have no width, no outlets and I'll pick you off after your stuck in your half.
  26. Feb 2, 2013

Theon Full Member

It was more about Cordoba, but Cabrini's strength was surely getting forward, providing crosses to Rossi for Italy in WC 1982, compared to Thuram for example who is all about defending.
  27. Feb 2, 2013

Theon Full Member

This is absurd. Counter attack to who? You have no width and no one up there bar Raul, counter attacking is just not going to happen in such a congested and narrow set up.
  28. Feb 2, 2013

Aldo Full Member

Lothar was a great counter attacking player though. Throughout his Inter career he used to initiate and join counters being a marauding central midfielder in an otherwise very defensive team, and walking past the opposition. He is capable of doing that here as he is considerably a cut above the rest of the CMs on the pitch.
  29. Feb 2, 2013

NM Full Member

And Vieira is considerably the weakest CM on the pitch. I have sent a formation PM to Brnwed.
  30. Feb 2, 2013

Aldo Full Member

Well I'm not as big a fan of Tardelli as you guys are, so I would not say that is true. I'd say one out of Veron or Tardelli would be weakest out of the 5, with Matthaus in front by a huge lead and Vieira and Neeskens somewhere in between.
  31. Feb 2, 2013

NM Full Member

Neeskens isn't that far off and is comfortably better than Vieira.
  32. Feb 2, 2013

Aldo Full Member

Not a chance in my book. Lothar's completeness, determination and the sheer ability to take any damn midfield by the scruff of it's neck and humiliate it puts him on another level. Not everyday you see Maradona calling someone his toughest rival.
  33. Feb 2, 2013

NM Full Member

And only once have you seen a player like Neeskens in that Dutch team.
  34. Feb 2, 2013

Aldo Full Member

Anyway, I don't understand why you guys have spent so much time since the initial stages of the draft talking up players like Tardelli, Neeskens and all while hardly saying anything about the best player in your team. If anyone is capable of winning this game for you, it is Pele, not Neeskens, not Tardelli and not anyone else. Don't assume everyone already knows what he can do because frankly I think many can do with reading few instances of his greatness.
  35. Feb 2, 2013

NM Full Member

I did assume everybody knew Pele but I'l talk after the game.
  36. Feb 2, 2013

Theon Full Member

:lol: Jesus christ.

Tardelli about the same level as Veron and worse than Viera? Viera about the same as Neeskens!?!

Aldo, how are Viera and Neeskens a similar standard? Complete rubbish.
  37. Feb 2, 2013

Aldo Full Member

Both are great box to box players who have been engines of great club and national sides of their generation and add immense stamina and work rate with great ability on the ball. Neeskens is probably more creative out of the two but I think Vieira was very good defensively, not that Neeskens wasn't. No one can deny that Arsenal downfall has a lot to do with losing Vieira, probably more than losing Henry or Bergkamp. They have managed to create some brilliant attacking players but they were never able to replace that grit, determination and leadership Vieira brought. Being compared to Keane many times is a testimony to his stature.
  38. Feb 2, 2013

Isotope Full Member

I've watched Vieira playing countless times. He's done it in domestic and international stages. To say that Neeskens or Tardelli much better than him, how can you be sure?

People said Vieira is rival to Keano. I think that's how high people thought about him. Is Keane so much worse than Neeskens or Tardelli?
  39. Feb 2, 2013

Isotope Full Member

So do you think Zico and Hagi just disappeared? Do you know any of them actually?
  40. Feb 2, 2013

Isotope Full Member

So who will be the playmaker in NM's team? Tardelli? Neeskens? Pele?

NM's team play would be predictable. Viera or Matthaus will shut off Pele, thus your DM's duo would just spray it to the wing and make crosses.

Mine would control the game, with such passers as Zico, Raul, Hagi and Veron. Your wingers would just painfully waiting and waiting and waiting for your midfield to get the ball.