Ander Herrera: Ole Gunnar Solskjaer the right man for Man United despite 'tough job ahead'

Discussion in 'Manchester United Forum' started by #07, May 13, 2019.

1. May 14, 2019

Eli Zee New Member

Everyone here talking shit about Ander yet usually the comments are “ander bleeds red. He’s the only one who works hard and tries.. captain on and off the field” etc...

Hypocritical fans. You guys need to calm down. He is allowed to change teams, even if it’s for money. Don’t be so butthurt.
  2. May 14, 2019

Sky1981 Fending off the urge

I've said. Fair play to him. His family and financial comes first.

But for the love of god, stop with this theatrical bullshit that he loves the club etc.
  3. May 14, 2019

beergod Full Member

A bit too obvious. :)
  4. May 14, 2019

Loublaze ATLien

In terms of performances? He's had some stinkers during his time here, lets not pretend.
  5. May 14, 2019

Siddharth New Member

Buy a capable midfielder like Neves or Tielemans and this prick will be forgotten.
  6. May 14, 2019

Vato Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?

Supports:
    Real Madrid
    Truth bomb. Apparently the butthurt whiners on here have so much love for United that they would pass on a few million. I mean, what's a few million more or less, right?

Christ, give me anything over 10 million and I will tattoo a barca crest backpiece. Imagine caring so much about football to pass on things that set you up for the rest of your life...

I think these decisions are just much easier taken from the comfort of your armchair.
  7. May 14, 2019

meamth Full Member

I 2nd that. Grow up.

Right, blame Ander for choosing the first offer he received.

We were late, the club has to be blamed.
  8. May 14, 2019

Glideman New Member

Some united fans are so bitter, most people would take more money if a new job offered it.

I think Herrera was an alright player but we can and should do better when replacing him.

Lastly he doesn’t have to say what he said about Ole, obviously a number of you have turned on Ole so you HAVE to reply with sarcastic sassy replies
  9. May 14, 2019

Jazz Full Member

I'd much prefer him say, I needed a new challenge etc etc and it was the right time to leave. There's nothing wrong with that. Instead he's opening his mouth about us. I find it condescending, or Ole should. The words are hollow and again saying what he knows the fans want to hear. Guy should go into PR or politics.
    Why didn't he take responsibility and put in consistent performances over the 5 years he was here? If he felt so strongly and was such a leader as people think, why didn't he exert that influence whilst he was here? Words are so cheap, and Ander knows how to use them.

Personally believe he's doing a number on the fans who believe his B.S. but that's just my opinion.
  10. May 14, 2019

RedDevil@84 Full Member

Regarding lot of work to do: Aye aye Captain obvious.

Regarding Ole being the right man: It is not like we have much of a choice, now that we have given him a 3 yr contract.

Regarding outgoing Herrera saying all this: Hope you were asked some question about it
  11. May 14, 2019

Kapardin Full Member

He's captaining us from another team?
  12. May 14, 2019

redIndianDevil Full Member

Well I'm not really concerned that he is leaving and I don't think we will miss him that much. While I did rate him he never really seemed to play consistently in our team, always getting dropped or injured. We can cope without him.

As for the OGS bit, I'm sure he just wants to be respectful and avoid controversy. If he is telling that the players like the coaching staff and are playing for him then it's more reason to get rid off OGS quickly. Imagine how crap it would be if the players didn't like him.
  13. May 14, 2019

Esquire Full Member

I think the guy was talking about effort and heart. He is definitely not the star mid solution we are looking for but there is no way that he wasn’t a plus for the team. PSG may be the nouveau riche backed by infinite oil money, but they are not stupid. The fact that they can throw money at Ander doesn’t mean they weren’t right in wanting to recruit a high energy guy who has tremendous character and leadership skills. Meanwhile we are bitterly divided over whether we want to keep Pogba - that’s rich - because honestly I don’t think it’s up to us as he clearly is the one who wants to leave.
  14. May 14, 2019

Loublaze ATLien

What's the metric for effort and heart? There was a time fans were starting to turn against him for his poor efforts, hiding in games, blatant cheating/ gamesmanship/trying to get opponents carded, etc. You could say some of that is part of effort and heart, depending on how you look at it, but to say he 100% never put a foot wrong is not factual in any context.
  15. May 14, 2019

RedPnutz Full Member

So much spite, pettiness, bitterness in this thread.

Perhaps the fans don’t deserve nice things after all.
  16. May 14, 2019

Esquire Full Member

Sure we can argue semantics or perspectives all day. For me, he was one of the better players this shambles of a season in terms of heart and effort in my eyes. I think him leaving is definitely a loss.

As for the original point of this thread, I hope he is right and OGS can lead us out of the wilderness. But all evidence seems to point to the contrary.
  17. May 14, 2019

Loublaze ATLien

I agree with this, but I think he can be easily replaced.
  18. May 14, 2019

John Blund Full Member

Because Pep and Zidane were world class managers when they took over RM and Barcelona. Barca hired Tito after Pep. Another brain-fart, I assume?
  19. May 14, 2019

Loublaze ATLien

Both of those managers had easier transitions in management at better run clubs stacked with great players in leagues they dominated. They would've been found out pretty quickly if they weren't up to the task. Real and Barca could afford to take those risks, United cannot given our current situation and how far behind our rivals we are. Pep and Zidane didn't exactly have three other great managers in La Liga to contend with upon their appointments like Ole does (not even including Sarri and the Emery who also have more pedigree). This United rebuild is a much more difficult undertaking for any manager and should be overseen by a manager with more credentials.
    Last edited: May 14, 2019
  20. May 14, 2019

John Blund Full Member

We pretty much tried "the best" managers out there, with LVG and Mourinho. We can't get Pep or Klopp. As far as I can see, we don't have any better options than Ole at the moment, so I don't see why I shouldn't get behind him. Give him the summer to bring in some players he fancy.
  21. May 14, 2019

FootyGirl88

I know, I'm just very annoyed with the circumstances of how he left tbh. Him coming out and saying this after Sunday's result feels like he's just rubbing salt in the wounds.
  22. May 14, 2019

Adnan07 New Member

I have been following this forum since 2010, I hardly post but used to read through all posts. And honestly I have never seen this forum turn so much caustic. Fans are turning on managers without even giving them a proper chance. No regard for club legends. We used to mock talking reds forums for it's stupidity, what the heck is happening here??
  23. May 14, 2019

Ish Lights on for Luke

Tbf, at that point I think the entire team performance had already unraveled.
    Not pretending 1 bit Lou. Actually the opposite. I meant professionalism in the way he conducted himself and the way he behaved - both on and off the pitch. Even when he wasn’t starting matches & the “stinkers” you’re referring to - he was still one of those guys who gave his all. That’s what I meant.
  24. May 14, 2019

Sandikan aka sex on the beach

When was he a key player?
  25. May 14, 2019

JEredDevil New Member

This. People need to understand now that we are not the power we once used to be. We only have history on our side if that matters. Every manager knows now how screwed up our system is.
    1. We dont have a DOF, maybe thats ok for some, but we have a CEO who knows absolutely nothing about football.
    2. Transfer ins are not decided by the manager reportedly.
    3. Our owners seems to care more about their pockets than the club.
    4. We need a huge rebuild, which might or might not be supported by the owners.
    5. Our best players are supposedly leaving the club.
    No manager in his right mind would want to come to us tbh. Poch? Are things really that worse at Spurs? Owners might not support him in his ambitions but the quality there currently is much better than our squad. Pep and Klopp have "officially" ruled themselves out by taking over jobs at City and Lpool.

Even when we apply for jobs, we do our research on the companies we apply to and then make a decision if its worth joining.

Just be thankful that there is someone like Ole that still loves the club AND despite knowing how shite the board and management are, he still comes and give it a go. This is our 4th manager, 2 of them which are totally more than capable managers in their own right, in 7 seasons, the fault clearly doesn't lie with the manager. If things doesn't change at the top soon, i could see us slipping away from the top 6.
  26. May 14, 2019

Loublaze ATLien

Fair enough Ish, but do you remember the periods in his first and second season when his overall application/effort was questioned? He's always been professional, but I do remember these questions being raised before.
  27. May 14, 2019

Mcking Full Member

Probably what he will be doing from now. Our captain from the farmers league, though I don't buy the farmers league crap.
  28. May 14, 2019

Not sure we're late, we offered him extension 1.5 year ago
  29. May 14, 2019

Sorry, I'm not an Ole apologist or fans or anything, but he's a fecking molde manager and we're Manchester fecking United. We should be thankful that there's an unproven manager being given the most prestigious job on earth, something he didn't even merit apart from being "An ex United"
  30. May 14, 2019

Renegade Full Member

Gone are the days of players loving the club. It’s just he played like he did. Best to not listen to the nonsense players come out with about loving the club etc. Scholes & Keane haggled and held the club hostage for more money let’s not forget. Rio & Rooney were privately speaking to City. Beckham left us as his celebrity became bigger.
    These guys just doing a job, very very rarely do you get the loyalist kind of player. It’d be crazy to expect it from a Spaniard who’s played for us during our most dire run as a club in recent history.
  31. May 14, 2019

Anders Agnalt New Member

Ferguson was in the same spot!
    OGS has been struggeling with players from 3 previous managers. They have not been fit for playing high pace fotball and have been out with injury one after another.
    Wouldent it be fair to let him choose his own team and at least have a summer to get the players fit for his system?
    Or sack him and get another manager in August and demand at least 3 place by christmas with no signings.
    Remember that OGS have not been able to sign one player and haven't had a breake to get the players fit.
  32. May 14, 2019

el3mel Full Member

So loving the club now means you have to play for it for ever even if you are not getting paid to the degree you deserve?

You can't love a club and choose to move because they aren't willing to pay you what you want and deserve in comparison to other players who are getting paid loads despite doing feck all?

Interesting.

How many of here won't jump to PSG shop if they were players for United and we're offered more money and let's not forget a better chance to actually win something meaningful at the end of their career?
  33. May 14, 2019

Kidders Full Member

Herrera has to be thanked for his endeavours, however the truth is he was never good enough to be more than a squad player, for him to tell us to 'stick with Ole' well is'nt that a bit hypocritical?
    He has jumped ship for more money and I don't blame him for that, but if he really thought things would improve under OGS then why not stay?
  34. May 14, 2019

Drainy Full Member

Would anyone stay in their job if their bosses messed them around, then they were headhunted and offered a massive pay rise?

Why are people being salty? He didn't deliberately run his contract down and his comments are not at all outrageous.
  35. May 14, 2019

Roger777 New Member

Absolutely spot on.
  36. May 14, 2019

John Blund Full Member

Two things. Cash and silverware. Herrera allegedly got more wages in PSG. I don't doubt that.
    PSG, Bayern, Barca and Juve are guaranteed, silverware collectors.
  37. May 14, 2019

Loublaze ATLien

This, especially after the club offered to nearly double his ages. Ole wanted him to stay. All his words of devotion and love for the club were merely lip service. No other club in their right collective minds would offer him those ridiculous wages so I guess I can't blame him for jumping ship either.
  38. May 14, 2019

I'm not blaming him for taking the sweet ways, I'd do that.

I just don't like him bragging about how he love the club, how he's painted as the saint Ander, while the truth is he's never really consistent playing with us. And he did deliberately run down his contract
  39. May 14, 2019

Jacckk1985 New Member

Get your act together fellow posters, most of you sound like horrible bellends - Ander's input is fair and he is probably right.
  40. May 14, 2019

Lay Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

The bitterness in this thread is ridiculous.