Ander Herrera to PSG? | Gone.

Discussion in 'Transfer Forum' started by roonster09, Mar 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Apr 14, 2019

Loublaze ATLien

Im not aware of any strong rumors suggesting Matic is on his way out this summer. Am I missing something? Perhaps you think Matic's time is up? United won't sell two senior midfielders in the same window, I doubt it but who knows?

I also don't think United will sign a 'top' CB, it appears to me that RB, LB, RW, AM and DM will be the main focus. Talks with Herrera are still ongoing so I think the DM recruitment plans might depend on how those talks turn out. If an agreement is reached that will be well and good but I doubt it. Herrera is not worthy of superstar wages. Good luck to him
  2. Apr 14, 2019

Loublaze ATLien

I like Terlmanns.
  3. Apr 14, 2019

C'est Moi Cantona Full Member

I'm no Woodward fan, but no way it's as simple as this.
  4. Apr 15, 2019

FootyGirl88

If your recruiting from one of the top leagues probably.
    We need to start looking at the lower leagues there's good players out there at lower prices.
  5. Apr 15, 2019

The Last Jedaiiii New Member

In this case, yes it is. He gave Jose a new contract, then decided to pull a fast one in the summer by undermining him in public with the objective of forcing a resignation. Who is Ed Woodward to decide whether Toby Alderweireld is good enough to play in a back 2? He is not more knowledgeable than the man whose side set the record for least goals conceded in a season.
    Why did he haggle on Perisic in 2017 due to his age yet sign Alexis 6 months later when the latter is older than the former?
    Why is he allowing contracts to run down like De Gea's? Because he is penny pinching for his masters.
  6. Apr 15, 2019

Ekeke Full Member

Good player playing well, but very different kind. He's more like Pogba
  7. Apr 15, 2019

Ekeke Full Member

Sorry but that doesnt make any sense. We're paying a bunch of players more than they would get at other clubs. We have the highest wages in the league.

New deals for Rojo etc which are clearly not needed. So no, theres plenty of money being spent especially by Mourinho in the transfer market and on player wages, we just havent spent it that well.
  8. Apr 16, 2019

#07 makes new threads with tweets in the OP

9. Apr 16, 2019

redshaw Full Member

Reads like a summary of what's been posted here in the last week or two.
  10. Apr 16, 2019

deafepl New Member

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:, Herrera and Matic would dream of having the ability to controlling the games like Kroos, Thiago, Verrarti, etc.
  11. Apr 16, 2019

Sky1981 Fending off the urge

No way herrera worth 200k per week. Beyond his non stop running and pep talk he's a very mediocre footballer.
  12. Apr 16, 2019

Escobar Poster originally known as Michel04

I agree and under normal circumstances, we should let him go. But the problem is we cant buy 8 new players this summer so I rather keep him that some of the other players
  13. Apr 16, 2019

charlenefan Far less insightful than the other Charley

Out of interest how do you rate Herrera compared to a Henderson or Milner at Liverpool?
  14. Apr 16, 2019

RedNed77 Full Member

We’ve had him available as a mainstay of our midfield for 4 years and we’ve been shit. Maybe time to let him go and give some other players (Fred & McTominay) a go instead.
  15. Apr 16, 2019

Patrick08 Full Member

Our form since he is out is all out in the open to see. If he goes we are not buying to fill his squad position unless we get Rabiot for free.
  16. Apr 16, 2019

FootyGirl88

Scholes doesn't think he's a major loss, said we shouldn't worry about it. My worry is will he be replaced properly?.
  17. Apr 16, 2019

Patrick08 Full Member

We haven't been shit because of him, we have been shit because of fellani, schneiderlin, Bastian and matic and also Pogba who is clueless without the ball.
  18. Apr 16, 2019

Patrick08 Full Member

No we wont, so that's a loss at squad depth.
  19. Apr 16, 2019

Escobar Poster originally known as Michel04

He is not a great player, but somewhat worthwhile to keep in the squad unless we have money to buy 7-8 players which I doubt
  20. Apr 16, 2019

Sky1981 Fending off the urge

Probably the same. Herrera has an edge on good look and seems to be fans favorite for some reason.

Mind you milner and henderson arent on 200k a week.
  21. Apr 16, 2019

RedNed77 Full Member

I like Anders attitude, don’t get me wrong, he’s been one of my favourite players at the club over the last 4 years. But he’s also pretty mediocre if we’re being honest. Whilst we’ve not been shit because of him, he’s also not changed the fact that we have been shit, because he doesn’t have the ability to be that change. He obfuscates the problem with his presence and one of the other two lads may be a better long term option.
  22. Apr 16, 2019

arthurka Full Member

Agree.
  23. Apr 16, 2019

RD94 New Member

Such a overrated player and not good enough to be our first team player.Just let him go
  24. Apr 16, 2019

Patrick08 Full Member

The problem is We have appointed washed up managers who have failed to adapt to the tactics on the strengths of our players and that included Herrera as well. He was always a proactive pressing machine in the middle whilst both Lvg and Mourinho misused him with tactics which included little pressing in the middle resulting in him being forced to do a job of a defensive minded midfielder deep in our own half and expecting him to hold the play, yet he has given his absolute best and shown the hard work while adapting to what ever the manager wanted him to do. His passing vision too can be much more threatening near the box, but he always is forced to do a defensive job in our own half while not being the best in controlling the tempo of the game.

We can't press high still in this midfeild as pogba is very lethargic without the ball and matic had lost all of his legs and engine which could make us being proactive pressing team and yet we are here not giving him enough credit he deserves of holding this midfield together and adapting to others around him.

Imagine being Herrera who puts all the effort and workrate in this team while the likes of Pogba Martial Lukaku Matic Mata can just jog on without putting in a shift some of them who are way younger to Herrera, earning more than him in the team while they are riding on the platform and whose core contribution is from Herrera being a unselfish team man. The performances of those players since Herrera is out is there to see for itself. Doesn't he deserve to be paid well in his 30's which could be his last big contract according to the position in this dressing room?

Our managers kept misusing him all this time, and the blame shouldn't lie on herrera's door of not being that change in the team when others earning more than him haven't been that change themselves.
  25. Apr 16, 2019

RedNed77 Full Member

Fair points well made, but personally I’m still not going to be devastated to see him go. Agree that there are other players I’d rather lose than him at the moment, but ultimately he’s still not good enough despite the glaring weaknesses of the other players you’ve highlighted.
  26. Apr 16, 2019

Greck Full Member

Didnt our poor form start while he was still in the team? Fred has replaced him nicely. Not like for like but he offers different qualities
  27. Apr 16, 2019

Rolaholic Full Member

Really not all that arsed if he leaves

Seems like a decent guy off the pitch but rather limited on the pitch, we could do so much better if we're trying to get back to contending consistently for silverware
  28. Apr 16, 2019

Ekeke Full Member

It started when Ander and the rest of the main midfield were rushed back in after Fred and McTominay were decent against PSG. Ander wasnt the only one who didnt look ready. And then he picked up an injury in training, perhaps further indication that he wasnt ready to return and rushing him back didnt pay off
  29. Apr 16, 2019

buckooo1978 Full Member

I'm torn on Ander's exclusion

dont begrudge him the move - hes been a model pro and clearly has love for the club. He can be tactically very important to us especially on a night like tonight

if he is going and Ole sees him as not in our plans it does give McT and Fred the opportunity to develop etc

When you look at how good Ramsey has been for Arsenal you worry we are cutting off our nose to spite our face. In a game like tonight you could see Herrera being vital in a great defensive performance, making 6/7 key tackles and covering Dalot at right back
  30. Apr 16, 2019

Adam-Utd Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

I think we all quite rightly want him to stay, but I can see why the board are hesitant.

If we can replace him with a younger model then fine, but I'm not sure we will get a better midfielder for less than 200k a week anyway.
  31. Apr 16, 2019

thedano New Member

I actually think the Manager/board are playing this one right, offer him a fair deal. If he chooses to go elsewhere for more money then that’s fine.

Might help us out in the long run with negotiations with others, shows we aren’t going to let (most of time) 1st teamers make ridiculous demands.

As for Herrera.. take the money at PSG last big contract, I would. (Except I wouldn’t as I’d pay to play for us)
  32. Apr 16, 2019

Infra-red Full Member

Disappointingly, it looks like Castles had this one right all along.
  33. Apr 16, 2019

Adam-Utd Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

Tbf, he said he had "already signed" which isn't the case according to most reports, but I do think now we've made it clear if he doesn't sign he won't be part of the squad. Shame the way it's ended.
  34. Apr 16, 2019

Patrick08 Full Member

Whilst jeopardising our top 4 race and crucial champions league tie against Barcelona. On the other Hand Ramsey in playing week in week out and helping arsenal get their goals.

That sort of treatment is a disgrace. Also if you are paying the man its only logical to make full use of him until he is here.
  35. Apr 16, 2019

Greck Full Member

In any case we haven't been any worse without him in midfield. Fred can actually pass forward under pressure which has been refreshing to watch. If Herrera played against Barca I'm sure we'd be hearing non-stop how it was he who kept Messi quiet. Likeable chap, overrated player
  36. Apr 16, 2019

Ekeke Full Member

Yes, we've probably been better than when Matic and Ander came into the team far too quickly and played poorly.

We're obviously much worse than when they were playing well as was Pogba

Also Fred hasnt played instead of Ander. He's played instead of Matic. McTominay has played on the right, although further forward than Ander. But hes the replacement.

Against West Ham it was Pogba and he didnt do well either, other than scoring penalties.

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
  37. Apr 16, 2019

DomesticTadpole Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.

Baffles me when people say we are better when we cannot win a game to save our lives, except through unbelievable good fortune. Although to be fair I would have kept Fred and Scott in for the Wolves game. Bringing injured players back too quickly has worked against us.
  38. Apr 16, 2019

sincher "I will cry if Rooney leaves"

He may not be top class but he is one of our better players nonetheless. Another big expensive and uncertain overhaul in the summer then.
  39. Apr 16, 2019

Red Dreams Full Member

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
    In a nutshell.

Hope against hope we retain Herrera.
    The season is almost over and a solid pre-season with the players we need will have us playing good football from the get go.
    Ole and his team know what we need to do.

We will be alright.
  40. Apr 16, 2019

DomesticTadpole Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.

It's people expecting lots of players in and expecting it all to click, just like that, it won't happen. I know let's throw Garner in, he looks good the five minutes he played. It is going to take a few windows [heard that one before], meanwhile the teams who are already miles ahead of us will strengthen any weak spots they have as well. It is like a vicious circle with no ending. I am just hoping Ole does know what he is doing, more importantly the club back him to the hilt and give him time. It is their fault we are in this position. Don't get fooled into buying overpaid, past it sicknotes. If we are being built for the future, then go ahead and do it and understand it could be a rocky ride.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.