Andre Villas Boas Sacked

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by Sultan, Mar 4, 2012.

1. Mar 6, 2012

DomesticTadpole Big-Red's lover obsessed with Herrera

Or even better still, what if Jose got the England job. End of Big Man's England career.
  2. Mar 6, 2012

FlawlessThaw most 'know it all' poster

By the sounds of it the FA have already said his career with England is over. Same with Ferdinand whose crime is having a brother who was racially abused.
  3. Mar 6, 2012

Drifter American

Glen Hoddle as shown interest.
  4. Mar 6, 2012

thepolice123 Full Member

[​IMG]
  5. Mar 6, 2012

DomesticTadpole Big-Red's lover obsessed with Herrera

That makes the decision look even more ridiculous.
  6. Mar 6, 2012

Antisocial Full Member

:lol:
  7. Mar 6, 2012

dev1l Full Member

OliverKayTimes Chelsea fans at Birmingham singing "F*** off Benitez, we don't want you here" and chanting for Mourinho
  8. Mar 6, 2012

Beachryan Full Member

From Di Matteo, after the victory: "This win was for Andre Villas-Boas."

Wait...what?!
  9. Mar 6, 2012

Drifter American

Unfortunately fan power may win the day.
  10. Mar 6, 2012

Paz Berba Lover who still does Spazzy threads

...corner by Beckham, punched out by James.....CAN
    1. He spent £80m+.
    2. One of the first things Jose did at R.Madrid was to get rid of Raul - shrewd move. AVB owned by the players at Chelsea.
    3. Naive approach to management - couldn't deal with big players - they didnt like him and didnt play for him.
    4. His micro-managing and fact that he slept at training gr.ound - cringeworthy
    5. Porto winning the league is hardly an achievement these days TBH.
  11. Mar 6, 2012

Antisocial Full Member

As I said in another thread: 'what business is it of the Chelsea fans what Roman does with his fantasy football team?'
  12. Mar 7, 2012

bsc Full Member

Remember when AVB shamelessly tried to defend an alleged racist

Good times.
  13. Mar 11, 2012

rcoobc Not as crap as eferyone thinks

Didn't have his own coaching staff? Abramovich brought him in without any support.
  14. Mar 13, 2012

This season, after 27 games AVB had 46 points. Last season Ancelotti 48. Even though United and City have vastly improved points totals, why should Chelsea?

:lol:
  15. Mar 13, 2012

Sarni nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.

Because they were quite poor last season and finished with the lowest amount of points since Abramovich arrived? Not to mention the outlay of around £60m in the Summer, all spent by Villas Boas.
  16. Mar 13, 2012

amolbhatia100 Barbiturates ain't got nothin' on me

No, he didn't.

The environment has to allow him to do such things. By all accounts, Abrahmovic has allowed the players to have too much power and the manager too little. That's AVB's fault. It's Abramovic's.

As above.

Irrelevant to his ability/performance as a manager.

It wasn't him winning the league it was the manner in which he won it that has people rating him highly. And of course, winning the Europa League.
  17. Mar 13, 2012

They finished second last season. Only Abramovich would think that is quite poor, and considering the internal struggle I think its weird that they hadn't had an appreciatable points loss.
  18. Mar 13, 2012

That has to be the most delayed multi-quote post ever. Ok, maybe not ever.
  19. Mar 13, 2012

Ole's_toe_poke Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke

Amol 'The Chief' Bhatia
  20. Mar 13, 2012

Sarni nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.

With 71 points, how likely do you think it'd be that they'd do the same this season with that amount of points? I say 71 points wouldn't be enough to finish top 4 seeing as Arsenal already have 52 and should get 19 out of the last 30. Also, 2 points less from AVB means we'd have to cut it to 69 even.
  21. Mar 13, 2012

Snow Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down

Yes he did.

Juan Mata 23,5m
    Lukaku 20m
    Meireles 12m
    De Bruyne 7m
    Cahill 7m
    Romeu 4m
    Courtois 6m
    some youngster 3m

Plus Torres cost 50m some months before he arrived and Luiz 26m so his squad wasn't exactly cheap. But a lot of new recruits.
  22. Mar 13, 2012

No he didn't. He said that he wouldn't be first choice but would get another contract if he wanter. Raúl opted out because he wanted first team football and not sit on the bench. Irony is had Raúl stayed he would have played a lot because Mourinho had injury problems with Benzema and Higuain and had to resort to loaning Adebayor in January.
  23. Mar 13, 2012

I stand corrected. Completely forgot about Lakuku. The feck has happened to him? Wasn't he really highly rated by the caf and fm? Not even aware of some of those names. Must be youngsters which makes sense if you're rebuilding a team but not if you're working for Mr. Abrahmovic.
  24. Mar 13, 2012

He's just there in the reserves. Way overpriced since he's still young.
  25. Mar 14, 2012

Red Indian Chief Torn Rubber Thus says Kemo

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
    Today was proof the old guard really couldn't stand him.
  26. Mar 14, 2012

Cheesy Full Member

It's cringeworthy to see the likes of Lampard strolling back into the team now he's gone as if nothing ever happened. Ah well, their loss. He's past it now, so it makes you wonder what he'll be like in another two or three years.
  27. Mar 14, 2012

manutddjw Full Member

The best thing Chelsea can do is hire some person like Di Matteo or Avram Grant, managers who know they are not qualified for the job, so they'll pretty much let the old guard do what they want. This would at least stop players from undermining the manager and causing dissension in the locker room.

At the very least, Chelsea will have a manager that won't cost them millions when they sack him, and the old guard can save face, because the reason they are shit was because of the shit manager and not them. Its a win win for the key members of Chelsea: The old guard and Roman Abramovich. Surely, Fergie is wrong, the manager isn't the most important person at the club, look at how well Chelsea have done.
  28. Mar 14, 2012

Zen Full Member

From what I can gather, only two of those were "his" tbf, in Mata and Meireles, who were both his second choices after Modric and Moutinho.

Both him and Ancelotti were handcuffed by the wastage of £80m last January(couldn't sign Falcao/Hulk last summer because of it), even though one of those had a top game tonight. Roman signing players he wants goes back to Mourinho not wanting Shevchenko and Ballack.
  29. Mar 14, 2012

CheadleBeagle Full Member

The "big men" for Chelsea can play like crap and get AVB fired and now they are back in control of the team, play well and all is wonderful again. I hope Chelsea get stuffed in the next round of the CL but play well against City.
  30. Mar 14, 2012

FlawlessThaw most 'know it all' poster

Yeah it is blatantly obvious now. I hope Di Matteo keeps the job and sticks with the old guard..it will hamper Chelsea in the long term.
  31. Mar 14, 2012

Amir Full Member

Thing is tonight changes little. I still doubt Chelsea are good enough to win the CL this year. They are certainly not equipped to win the league. It shows the old guard can still make a difference in the odd match, but they can't do the job in a full season and Chelsea are still lacking the players to take their place.

So it's a great evening for chelsea, but it solves nothing.
  32. Mar 14, 2012

Tbf what. Boohoo he didn't get to buy Modric and Moutinho? He still bought those two and Mata was the best signing of all of them.
  33. Mar 14, 2012

Zen Full Member

Isn't that credit to him then? [​IMG]
  34. Mar 15, 2012

I don't care. I only noted that he did in fact spend 80m+. Did not go into at all how well those purchases did.
    My opinion, 80m not well spent. Rather have Ronaldo than all those players. We undersold him :(
  35. Mar 15, 2012

Zen Full Member

And I was just pointing out that in fact had nothing to do with alot of that £80m spend. Most were bad signings, but his record was 50/50 really. Romans is something like 0/4 in big signings alone, which on top of that cost him 3 managers.
  36. Mar 15, 2012

Who are Roman's signings and how do you know that they were? I can think of Shevchenko, Jarosik and Smertin. Shevchenko only because Mourinho expressed as much and the other two didn't fit the Mourinho pattern at all.
  37. Mar 15, 2012

Zen Full Member

Ballack and Torres, among others which you mentioned, Zhirkov probably too. I mean the managers aren't immune to bad signings themselves(Jose with Del Horno, Scolari Deco AVB Meireles etc), but Roman signing flavour of the month players for ridiculous prices/wages forces them to use them in systems already in place.

I mean he probably only wanted Lukaku because he has the next Drogba hype. He's always manages/players with tags.
  38. Mar 15, 2012

Zhirkov, forgot about that. He sure was a hot ticket after the Euros. But he was too much of a traditional winger to play for Chelsea and was wasted mostly as a cover for Cashley.

Torres and Ballack I'm not sure about. Ballack at least didn't seem like a stupid buy. Torres does fit the Ancelotti bill. The price probably wasn't his decision but he probably wanted him.

Deco also didn't seem a stupid buy as well. He wasn't that bad. Just not as good as Barcelona Deco. Him and Ballack similar to Veron in that aspect.
  39. Mar 15, 2012

LoveInTheAsylum Full Member

Seeing the signings made during his tenure like that, Meireles is the only obvious one he got wrong as he was crazy to use him as a defensive midfielder. Mata is and will be great, Romeu was a bargain and it's hard to criticise the Cahill signing for a club that up until now seems unwilling or unable to make squad players of homegrown talent.

I don't know the structure at Chelsea and exactly how much those were AVB's signings, but you can see just how much investment for the future there has been the last couple of seasons. Courtois by all accounts is going to be a bargain and Lukaku and De Bruyne will be judged from next season. They just need to give someone with the vision they want, enough time to bring it all together.
  40. Mar 15, 2012

It's pure madness that Terry and co. get their manager, who was doing the right thing by trying to get the team to move into transition at their expense, sacked and are now right back in the side with everything returning to how it was before with them back in the side as key components.

It's the worst example of player power I've seen for long time. So what if the guy they bring in next season also has the sense to start changing things up and move the team into the much required transitional phase? Again Terry and Lampard are going to kick up a fuss, make the managers life miserable and job impossible, and eventually get him kicked out because they can't get into the team and the tactics don't suit their own style of play? It's a laughable situation.