Andreas Pereira | Valencia loan watch

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by Zoo, Sep 1, 2017.

1. Nov 14, 2017 at 07:46

MJJ Full Member

Because it's directly linked? The opportunity that he has is in your mind, looking at the playing time other young kids(Tfm last year, tuanzebe this year) have gotten its not hard to see that he would have been treated similarly.
  2. Nov 14, 2017 at 07:48

Pogue Mahone Poster of the year 2008

"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
    Rashford last year, McTominay this year. Pereira is supposed to be a better player than the latter, so would have had more opportunities if he hadn’t insisted on buggering off to Spain. As it turns out, with the Pogba/Fellaini injuries and Hererra and Mikhi playing so poorly he could even be a first team regular by now.
  3. Nov 14, 2017 at 07:51

MJJ Full Member

Rashford was already part of the first team squad, it's a different situation. Mourinho plays young players who have first team experience like rashford, zouma, varane, etc. He just doesn't like players with zero first team experience. It's more of an experience thing than an age one.

Mctominay is a different situation due to the injury situation. If fellaini and Pogba hadn't got injured, he wouldn't be given a chance. Even then he has played what? 300 odd minutes in 3 months of football.

That's nearly not enough for somebody like pereira who needs to play regularly.
  4. Nov 14, 2017 at 07:55

Schmiznurf Full Member

He's merely saying what he needs, if he goes and says that he can't wait to leave and focus on United he won't get playing time.
  5. Nov 14, 2017 at 08:06

oilfxpro Banned

Andreas for almost 12 months was not being selected.This makes it mentally difficult , because it doesn't fit in with the human psyche.Our psyche requires pleasure and reward , and sitting on the "injury replacement bench " does not offer it consistently.

In plain language, this means that we have to get a certain amount of pleasure and stimulation or rewards from our daily activities and what we put into our bodies. If we don't, then we create a pleasure deficit or what is known as "reward deficiency," and are subject to depression, anxiety and poor performance. Each day we have to stimulate our reward pathways adequately if we are to function well emotionally, mentally and physically.

Sitting on the bench, not being selected, being played in different positions being confusing and doing nothing is not mentally easy for any player.
  6. Nov 14, 2017 at 09:10

Red_toad Full Member

Firstly most United fans would kill to be sat on the bench for United. So are you saying the players shouldn’t hold the same dreams?
    Secondly United are winning stuff.
    Thirdly Jose will and does start young players.
    Your post comes across as extremely bitter.
  7. Nov 14, 2017 at 11:09

Boycott Full Member

Saw a quote from this lad saying the reason he has 'Andreas' at the back of his shirt rather than his surname is to make his own name in the game and differentiate himself from his father.

Wiki'd his father Marcos who hit the dazzling heights of the Belgian second division!

Just admit you did it because it's what all the cool kids do these days mate....!
  8. Nov 14, 2017 at 11:24

Phil Jones 79 Full Member

Supports:
    Red Devils
    You cannot predict the future. He wasn't to know Pogba and Fellaini and Carrick would be injured. Yes it's true that he probably would have had some game time, however I admire his determination in wanting to play football. You see too many young talented players these days content with sitting on their butt picking up their dollars.
  9. Nov 14, 2017 at 11:39

RedRonaldo Full Member

Lets be honest if I were in Pereira shoes I'd do the exact same thing - stay at Valencia to grow as player for as long as possible.
  10. Nov 14, 2017 at 12:11

Oyibo New Member

The way he is publicly expressing his happiness out there, and wanting to stay longer, I don't have a good feeling about this one.

He's getting a taste for the lifestyle out there, as well as regular playing time.

Manchester might never seem as attractive as it did before....
  11. Nov 14, 2017 at 12:20

BluesJr Full Member

Career > Man Utd. That’s how players think and rightfully so.
  12. Nov 14, 2017 at 12:25

Anduin Full Member

For him, it's a no-brainer to stay in Spain. Regular time on the pitch, flying in La Liga, Spanish lifestyle, absolutely gorgeous city to live in. Salary aside (if he improves the money will come anyway), I sadly can't see why he would want to come back and we all know Mou is usually selling players who aren't committed to the case and want to move on.
  13. Nov 14, 2017 at 12:38

manunited1919 Full Member

If he doesn’t return to United during January, he will be sold next summer.
  14. Nov 14, 2017 at 12:46

Ace of Spades Full Member

How do you know this ?? And why would he return now, just as all the players are returning from their injuries ?? Unless the rumors of Fellaini being sold are true, it makes no sense for him to come back in Jan.
  15. Nov 14, 2017 at 12:53

Ikon Full Member

We should have sent him on loan to Hull, he'd be fecking desperate to return..!!
  16. Nov 14, 2017 at 12:55

MalcolmTucker New Member

You've just built your own myth in your head and typed it out here.
  17. Nov 14, 2017 at 12:55

KYcinco New Member

What kind of foolish statement is this?

He wants to play first team football,He is currently enjoying a spell at another club,involved in goals and scoring,IF he was here he would most likely be getting league cup games only,
  18. Nov 14, 2017 at 13:00

manunited1919 Full Member

I don’t “know” this, it is an opinion based primarily on his contract situation, the public dissatisfaction Mourinho expressed when he left to go on loan to Valencia, and the player’s age.

I believe the decision to recall him in January would be up to Mourinho, not Andreas, but of course they will talk about it.
  19. Nov 14, 2017 at 13:01

Red_toad Full Member

Fans post on forums, not professional footballers.
    Feels silly having to explain to you! As it’s so simple and blindingly obvious...
  20. Nov 14, 2017 at 13:03

Red_toad Full Member

Yes you must know exactly how all footballers feel. Must be great on your planet.
  21. Nov 14, 2017 at 13:26

TinFoil New Member

Hope we try to get a fee for him in January.
  22. Nov 14, 2017 at 14:16

BluesJr Full Member

Are you serious? Laughable.
  23. Nov 14, 2017 at 14:39

LennonNL nipple flasher

He came through the academy/was here from a young age - surely he has a bit of love for United.

Even so, whether it’s United, Chelsea, Juventus or Barcelona, he has the talent to succeed at any of those clubs so why’s he so eager to spend so much time (another season after this) in Valencia? As Pogue said, surely he’s been ill advised or he’s just comfortable playing regularly for a second rate team.
  24. Nov 14, 2017 at 14:41

Pogue Mahone Poster of the year 2008

"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
    That’s a pretty silly equation. Most players would kill for a “Career @ Man Utd” and Pereira isn’t being forced to choose one or the other.
  25. Nov 14, 2017 at 15:00

BluesJr Full Member

Well of course, but for players their career comes before any club. It’s all well and good saying he’d kill for a career here but the facts are he’s getting better opportunities elsewhere and at this stage it’s absolutely crucial he’s playing consistently. It’s no good being at Utd sitting on a bench.
  26. Nov 14, 2017 at 15:24

dichinero Full Member

Or maybe the manager does not have any sort of confidence in him being an important squad member. TFM was basically a training cone last season.

It was Pereira making all the noise that he wanted to fight and be at United before the start of the season. It's very likely that the conversation that ensued between him and the manager was likely to limit him to the odd 10 minutes per month.

We all know José loves hoarding players for the sake of it.

The first interview Pereira have after his interview, he said that he spoke to José and the manager was fine about it. No one said anything then. But the moment José opened his mouth to moan again, people started turning on the boy.

Was Jose's moan a dig at the club for not giving him Perisic? Afterall, there were suggestions that a returning Pereira would the 'alternative' 4th signing.

The boy had done the right thing and if José wants him back, he will need to cool his ego. The ball is in Jose's court.
  27. Nov 14, 2017 at 15:33

LennonNL nipple flasher

So why was he angry he left on loan, against his wishes? It’s clear he wants him around the squad, given our injuries so far he could’ve had about 4 or 5 starts already.

I’m all for players going out on loan, especially to a team playing at the level of Valencia. But the quotes I’ve seen from Pereira are disappointing, he doesn’t seem willing at all to eventually fight for a place at United (or any top club) and would be happy just staying at Valencia for another season on top of this one.

The thing is, I think he has what it takes to start for United next season. He just has to fight for it.
  28. Nov 14, 2017 at 16:10

dichinero Full Member

What isn't José angry about. I find it really embarrassing that José has to throw players under the bus at every opportunity. One moment, he says he doesn't want to hold an unhappy player against their wishes if they want to progress in their football development, the next moment he is disappointed that the player doesn't want to fight for his place, questioning the player's character and professionalism.

With a manager that prefers to spend money left, right and centre, than trusting developing players, how else is the player ever going to be considered if he doesn't play regularly to show that he is further the line in becoming the 'finished article' that José longs for?

If anything, we should be happy that the kid is in a team that are underdogs, yet in a fighting position to upset the odds in La Liga. He looks motivated and hungry, dispelling all nonsense talk of looking for an easy way out. Our current squad look so unmotivated and disinterested and I'm not sure how that makes a player better, besides is it really that big of a deal if he gets ahead of Fellaini for example?

For him to fight for place in the squad will assume that he had any space in the first place. And if he does go to Valencia, it will be because José did not fight to keep him.
  29. Nov 14, 2017 at 16:11

P-Nut0712 fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho

Can someone point me to the article where he says he’d like to stay next season too please?

The only one I’ve read seemed to be about not wanting to return half way through the season and finish what he has started with Valencia.
  30. Nov 14, 2017 at 19:03

LennonNL nipple flasher

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...l-news/man-utd-transfer-news-pereira-13859699

He basically says if he goes back it’ll be ‘difficult’ again, but that he knows Mourinho sees him as a good player.

It’ll all be fine regarding Pereira, and of course it’s good for young players to want to go and play football on loan. However there’s absolutely an air of defiance with Andreas, in that he doesn’t want to go back just because Mourinho wants him to, and that he’s not willing to fight for a place even next season.

As I said, I really rate him so I hope he comes back this summer.
  31. Nov 14, 2017 at 19:09

el3mel Full Member

He really adapted to Spanish football that I'm afraid he may prefer to move permanently to La Liga next season.
  32. Nov 14, 2017 at 19:21

DWelbz19 Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

So he doesn't actually say that he wants to stay for a second season?
  33. Nov 14, 2017 at 19:32

AndOr Hererra New Member

In my opinion, Valencia is a fantastic level for a 21 year old footballer to be getting regular minutes especially as its such an important age in terms of development. Too many promising young players get given their chance when it's too late, He's gone from pretty much carrying a lost cause in Granada to being at the top end of the table with Valencia which im sure will be helpful for him. Whereas if he stayed with us then there would be no guarantee of him getting a chance ahead of Pogba,Matic,Fellaini and Herrera UNLESS inuries played a part which is something you can't predict. Hopefully a year at Valencia makes him a better suit for us.
  34. Nov 14, 2017 at 19:36

DWelbz19 Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

McTominay has played 206 minutes of first team football in 4 months - featuring in 3 of 17 games. It's completely justified for a 21 year old to go on loan to get first team experience, Pereira on the other hand has featured in 10 of 12. In fact, more players should be doing it at big teams in England. It's not 'buggering off to sunny Spain' it's wanting to actually get onto a pitch to actually kick a ball around for a bit.

At the start of the season, Pereira was sixth choice central midfielder and sixth choice wide option. I can see why he wasn't 'champing at the bit' to get game time - he took the rational choice of going on loan to find it. Incalculable injuries do not lessen the sense in his decision.
  35. Nov 14, 2017 at 20:13

Red_toad Full Member

Are you ok?
  36. Nov 14, 2017 at 20:32

LennonNL nipple flasher

He did. I can’t be fecked finding the article I read but when asked if he’d do another season he said something along the lines of he could see it happen and he’d like it.

Edit: found it. Didn’t take long :lol: http://www.skysports.com/football/n...ndreas-pereira-wants-to-see-out-valencia-loan

37. Nov 14, 2017 at 21:26

P-Nut0712 fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho

That article states that it would be difficult to go back half way through the season which I agree with. Where are the quotes where he says he wants to stay at Valencia next season?

EDIT: Just read the above quote.
  38. Nov 14, 2017 at 21:49

dichinero Full Member

As much as I want him back, I personally think it is best if he finishes the season with them.

Looking back at season, I am still bewildered by Jose's decision to recall J. Pereira who was doing brilliantly at Benfica only to be recalled and spend the rest of the season as a 3rd choice goalie.
  39. Nov 14, 2017 at 22:28

limerickcitykid There once was a kid from Toronto...

He wasn't at Benfica and it was a preplanned decision from the start to allow Joel and Johnstone both half a season on loan.
  40. Nov 14, 2017 at 22:49

Jaybomb Full Member

Let him stay for the season and bring him back next season. Simple.

We might not have the likes off Herrera and Fellaini next season so Pereira will be like a new signing for us.