View full 2018-19 profile

5.7 Average rating
18 Appearances
8 Goals
1 Assist
1 Yellow card
  1. Dec 6, 2018

Sayros Full Member

Because he's very conservative with his burst of speed, and also the few runs he makes at full speed get rewarded with a pass about 15% of the time.

He needs to build up on his stamina some more, and the midfield needs to be able to reward the runs he or Rashford makes. Too many times runs will go unnoticed or unrewarded by the team and it's draining, especially for Martial because Rashford has a better motor.
  2. Dec 6, 2018

Ashish Negi New Member

Any Update on his Injury ?
  3. Dec 6, 2018

Aloysius's Back 3 Full Member

His lack of speed comes more from his preference to dribble with the ball than making runs without it.

This is why I'd like to see him play a tad deeper & be a player who initiates attacks - using players like Sanchez & Rashford in front of him to play ping pong with the ball whilst taking on defenders.
  4. Dec 6, 2018

Kweku Amonoo New Member

Martial is our best player bar De Gea. If played in a consistent attacking system, he can score 20+ goals every season. His finishing is that good. He should be starting upfront in a 2 with Rashford. That's the future.
  5. Dec 6, 2018

Skills Snitch

Willian
  6. Dec 6, 2018

Oldham Full Member

Guessing he's out for 2 or 3 weeks with hamstring problem :(
    Just what we need, missing our best forward for the busy christmas period :rolleyes:
  7. Dec 6, 2018

AlecHDR Angry, incoherent heterosexual slob

Superstar. Also, he fell out with the manager before it was cool (Pogba) :p
  8. Dec 6, 2018

AltiUn likes playing with swords after fantasies

He's still inconsistent but he's the only one putting the ball in the back of the net, hope the injury isn't too serious as we need him, badly, for the Christmas period.
  9. Dec 6, 2018

Sylar Full Member

Our coolest finisher. Needs to be playing as close to the oppositions goal / box. Think hes 7 in his last 8 or something like that. Do think we messed up on his development by moving him around / playing him on the left, then right, then up top etc.
  10. Dec 6, 2018

Rhyme Animal Modmins said "freeze" and I got numb

I Love him.

Absolute gem.

Hope he's not out too long.
  11. Dec 6, 2018

Andersons Dietician Full Member

Supports:
    Supports good football
    A thing that equally annoys me with his play and yet I’m still impressed with is how often he comes in to midfield to recieve the ball link up play and so on. There are times when he’ll even just cover a midfielders position and although I admire the ability and calmness to come in midfield I want him in and around the box stretching people going at them and taking people on, needs to show a bit more hunger and greed for goals at times. Often seems to float on the outskirts of dangerous areas instead of being in the chaos. He was in the mix last isn’t and got a goal from it the same as his Chelsea goal. Needs to get himself in and around those areas more.

Had to laugh as well last night where after he chopped it back on to his left Torreira charging in at him and him landing up on the deck whilst Martial really showed no ill effect from it. Still probably should have just taken that opportunity on his right but I suppose if he keeps his balance there the whole goal just opened up for him on his left.
  12. Dec 6, 2018

bond19821982 Full Member

He should be our CF and Sanchez at left.
  13. Dec 6, 2018

SteveW Full Member

Has the best goals to minutes ratio in the league I believe and scored all but one against teams above us in the league.
  14. Dec 6, 2018

SteveW Full Member

He's scored against all of the top 7 barring liverpool who we haven't played yet.
  15. Dec 6, 2018

OL29 Full Member

Hasn't scored against Spurs has he?
  16. Dec 6, 2018

bond19821982 Full Member

Last year at home
  17. Dec 6, 2018

Nep77 New Member

He wasn't there on the squad against spurs.
  18. Dec 6, 2018

OL29 Full Member

Oh I assumed he meant this season? Because if not, he’s definitely scored against Liverpool, I’m sure we all remember his debut?
  19. Dec 6, 2018

Handré1990 Full Member

Mou said after the game that Martial himself didn’t feel it was serious. Fingers crossed!:angel:
  20. Dec 6, 2018

Skills Snitch

That goal :drool:
  21. Dec 6, 2018

OL29 Full Member

I think the official twitter and Instagram accounts post it at least 100 times a week and I’m not ashamed to say I watch it each time!
  22. Dec 6, 2018

SteveW Full Member

You're right. My mistake. He didn't play against spurs.
  23. Dec 6, 2018

Andersons Dietician Full Member

Supports:
    Supports good football
  24. Dec 6, 2018

FootyGirl88

We're lucky to have him x
  25. Dec 6, 2018

OL29 Full Member

The discussion was about last season I think.
  26. Dec 6, 2018

Damien Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin) Staff

City, Everton, Chelsea (x2), Arsenal, Bournemouth. Good record. Obviously, he didn't play against Spurs but don't think any other player has scored against five of the top seven teams this season.

Aubameyang (10 goals): Scored against Spurs (x2), Everton and Bournemouth. Failed to score against Liverpool, Chelsea and Man City.
    Kane (9 goals): Scored against Arsenal and Chelsea. Failed to score against City and Liverpool. Still to play Everton and Bournemouth.
    Aguero (8 goals): Failed to score against Spurs, Liverpool and Arsenal. Still to play Chelsea and Everton. Didn't play against Bournemouth.
    Murray (8 goals): Failed to score against Everton, City, Spurs and Liverpool. Still to play Chelsea, Bournemouth and Arsenal.
    Sterling (8 goals): Scored against Arsenal and Bournemouth. Failed to score against Spurs and Liverpool. Still to play Chelsea and Everton.
    Wilson (8 goals): Scored against City. Failed to score against Arsenal, Chelsea and Everton. Still to play Liverpool and Spurs.
    Richarlison (7 goals): Failed to score against Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal and Bournemouth. Still to play City and Spurs.
    Hazard (7 goals): Scored against Liverpool and Bournemouth. Failed to score against Spurs, Everton and Arsenal. Still to play City.
    Martial (7 goals): Scored against City, Everton, Chelsea (x2), Arsenal and Bournemouth. Didn't play against Spurs. Still to play Liverpool.
    Mitrovic (7 goals): Scored against Spurs. Failed to score against Chelsea, Liverpool, Bournemouth, Arsenal, Everton and City.
    Salah (7 goals): Failed to score against Everton, Arsenal, City, Chelsea and Spurs. Still to play Bournemouth.
    Lacazette (6 goals): Scored against Spurs and Liverpool. Failed to score against Everton, Chelsea and City. Didn't play against Bournemouth.
    Mane (6 goals): Failed to score against Everton, Arsenal, City, Chelsea and Spurs. Still to play Bournemouth.
    Sane (6 goals): Failed to score against Bournemouth, Spurs, Liverpool and Arsenal. Still to play Chelsea and Everton.
    Sigurdsson (6 goals): Failed to score against Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal and Bournemouth. Still to play City and Spurs.

Not doing those on 5 goals or less but don't think they'd have a better record.

Number of top 7 teams scored against this season:

5 - Martial
    3 - Aubameyang
    2 - Hazard, Kane, Lacazette, Sterling
    1 - Mitrovic, Wilson
    0 - Aguero, Mane, Murray, Richarlison, Salah, Sane, Sigurdsson

Shame it doesn't count for anything. Got 8 points in those five games. Without his goals it would have been 2 (maybe 1 as I think he won Pogba's penalty against Everton?)
  27. Dec 6, 2018

SteveW Full Member

Good stats. Thanks for putting that together.

Great to see him producing on the big occasions so consistently. He was excellent late on against Juve also. Big game player.
  28. Dec 6, 2018

Santoryo ripping the reward

Nothing serious. The change was precautionary. Even Martial was annoyed at the physio for deeming him not fit to continue.
  29. Dec 6, 2018

Janson Full Member

Only 4 pages since 14th of november. This thread isn't as exciting anymore.
  30. Dec 6, 2018

UNITED ACADEMY New Member

His movement off the ball yesterday was really good, show that he can actually play in fluid front three. Get rid Lukaku and sign a world class attacker to play in fluid front three alongside Martial & Rashford and I believe we will have good exciting future.
  31. Dec 6, 2018

Oldham Full Member

Super sweet
  32. Dec 6, 2018

Adisa likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt Scouse Lover

His current and expected partners are at war again.
    Girl problems are the worst problems. :lol:
  33. Dec 6, 2018

Damien Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin) Staff

Mourinho has confirmed:

Guess he'll be back for the weekend.
  34. Dec 6, 2018

Rhyme Animal Modmins said "freeze" and I got numb

Stat Lord.

What a post.
  35. Dec 6, 2018

shamans Hoser

Hate to make this a Mourinho thread but one of the most annoying things is wondering what Martial can be under a manager that knows how to build an attacking side. Imagine Martial at City drifting in the front three. He's class.
  36. Dec 6, 2018

mancan92 Full Member

What a goal this would have been
  37. Dec 6, 2018

breakout67 Full Member

Very happy to see that it was just a precaution. If we are to make a mark in the cups we need him firing.
  38. Dec 6, 2018

KennyBurner New Member

Average players like sane are eating good every week under Pep. Martial would be a younger Aguero although he would have to improve on his tenacity. I cry every night just thinking what we could be if we cultivated an attacking philosophy at this club. Just watching Rojo boot the ball in the air yesterday gave me a fever.

Other than players like martial pogba Fred and mata we really don’t have players that can play good football. It’s were we went wrong over the years investing in athletes like lukaku, Ashley young smalling and co. It really sucks that when a player like Luke Shaw is out, his replacement young can’t even link up with martial.
  39. Dec 6, 2018

Pow New Member

Supports:
    Chelsea
    Trainwreck of a post.
  40. Dec 6, 2018

Sayros Full Member

Maybe the promotion will come later, but right now it's good you're limited to 10 posts a day.