Are Man City better than us?

Discussion in 'Manchester United Forum' started by Randall Flagg, Apr 30, 2012.

1. Apr 30, 2012

FlawlessThaw most 'know it all' poster

And that he would want to come back. We never wanted to sell him you know.

You're right that we need to invest some money but your mates the Glazers have to pay their dues.
  2. Apr 30, 2012

Ramshock Full Member

It is fecking over dont be stupid. If that was us who won tonight and levelled on points we would see out the last 6 points. Its over and like I said before I hope to feck Fergie rises to this last challenge. He has seen off Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea and now its Citys turn.
  3. Apr 30, 2012

7even Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron

This!
  4. Apr 30, 2012

UnofficialDevil Anti Scottish

Actually I'm not, my grandad was Scottish
    Unfortunately they are thanks to fecking Platini and his fecking financial fair fecking play
  5. Apr 30, 2012

Orton Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button

City have not been in a position like this for decades, whereas we have won the league 4 out of the past 5 attempts. 8 points ahead and we are the ones who have bottled it, experience counted for nothing tonight because in the end we had simply no answer.
  6. Apr 30, 2012

Man-United Full Member

True. Have to admit that the man city squad is much better than ours.
  7. Apr 30, 2012

Randall Flagg Worst of the best

I agree. ost not from doom and gloom for the future. Although right now it hurts so much
  8. Apr 30, 2012

Jimy_Hills_Chin Desperately wants to be ITK

They are deserved winners, it would be unjust if we took the title now but I ain't dumb enough to believe in karma.

Unfortunately my brother is a ST holder down at wastelands and he has a very big mouth. I am not looking forward to his return.

That was a brutal team selection. SAF has been out done by Mancini in these past few weeks, sad but true.

Carrick was one of our better performers in a shower of shite but does anyone still actually think that Carrick is a better player than Toure? Toure was an absolute beast in the biggest of games, man of the match for me by a mile.
  9. Apr 30, 2012

Raven Blade Dull

The best squad doesn't always win.

It was so frustrating tonight. We had the weapons at our disposal but just didn't have enough willpower to utilise them. I don't care if they're better. We're good enough to beat them.
  10. Apr 30, 2012

Ash_G Full Member

Well lets not forget we missed two very important players this season in Vidic and Fletcher. Definitely don't think we'd have given the goals we have in recent times with those two.

But fair play to city, they showed today they deserve it, they came out looking for a win, we came out looking not to lose and some of our players didn't turn up, as they haven't a fair few times this season and tactically I think we got it wrong, as we have a few times this season. Still we'll respond to this just like we did against Chelsea.
  11. Apr 30, 2012

Garethw Full Member

Ferguson has got it wrong a lot this season. One of his personal worst I'd say.
  12. Apr 30, 2012

NoLogo Full Member

Hard to argue against if you get beaten twice by them in one season.
  13. Apr 30, 2012

Cina Warrior Princess

I can't agree. I looked at that midfield, Giggs out wide and before the match started I was already in doom and gloom mode. Add to that an unfit Smalling in defense and the oh so unreliable Jones at right back.

You look at that City first 11 and it's very difficult to pick out weaknesses like in ours.
  14. Apr 30, 2012

Transfer United Till I Die I am totally in the know, honest

Yep. Much much better than us. This isn't a fergie united team. No bollocks in there at all. I don't even know where to start. Let's be honest, fergie has thrown this. All the titles he's won for us but he's tossed this one off. The failure year after year to buy at least one midfielder and not one player in that team has the guts to pull us out of the shit. If I was Eden hazard watching that game I know who I'd want to join. Bizarre team selections and ridiculous substitutions have cost us the league. Ignoring the last few games that farcical team selection against Blackburn at home has cost us as much as any. I'm not suggesting he's finished or losing the plot but he needs to take a good look at his failings. I don't think there's much else to say.
  15. Apr 30, 2012

Skywarden Full Member

Not one single shot on target and we kept hoofing the ball. Why are we so remarkably afraid of losing?

And feck off with the OP quote. The money they've spent you'd be naive to not see this coming. We saw it with Chelsea too, but we responded to that and I hope we do this time around as well.
  16. Apr 30, 2012

FreakyJim Full Member

We went down doing feck all, that's the most annoying thing.

Experience, history, pride, the United way...all that nonsense that many spout is just that - nonsene. At the end of the day it's down to effort and quality.
    We didn't match their effort, we didn't have enough quality.
  17. Apr 30, 2012

Judge Red Don't Call Me Douglas

I gave us little hope in that second half. Gave up altogether with 20 minutes to go. Just one of those things we have to accept.

Yes, they are better and so they should be. Even so, the title race isn't over so it's not the time for postmortems.
  18. Apr 30, 2012

Will Absolute Full Member

I thought of our front six only Scholes looked a quality match for their best players. Which is interesting, or depressing :(

The Rooney hype has always slightly eluded me, at least since he broke his foot in 2006. The post-metatarsal Rooney is so limited.

If we don't substantially improve our team over the summer, I fear we may be eating a lot of City's dust in the next few years.

Things may look brighter in the morning. If I can avoid sight of all sharp objects in the meantime. No more than 6 inches of water in the bath. Stay away from rooftops.
  19. Apr 30, 2012

Crustanoid Full Member

We were more than capable of beating them tonight - we just didn't seem to want to
  20. Apr 30, 2012

Zarlak Steve Round (Moderator)

Truth like rain don't give a fuck who it falls on.
    It's a testament to us that they've beaten us twice in the season yet we're still level with them on points. Elsewhere we've made up for it.

They've only scored 2 more than we have throughout the season. They've conceded much less than we have though, yet we've missed Vidic and spent time bedding in a new keeper. Tonight came down to a single bad goal to concede that swung the momentum around.

If they win it, and see it out then they will deserve it, but we don't need to talk about them like City are now miles ahead of everybody and make them out to be Barcelona.
  21. Apr 30, 2012

CLK_FPC Fists of Fury

Fletcher kept it real, he said ages ago we could get away with losing twice against City in a season, it wouldn't mean anything. But in this day and age it is the difference between winning and losing the title.

The 6-1 was an anomaly but we were beaten handily tonight, and this season it has been to and fro but I can accept they deserve it.

That said I don't think it's over and feel Newcastle can at least hold them to a draw. feck it, no surrender!
  22. Apr 30, 2012

Anderson's Cat AC

With the money they've spent they should've had the title wrapped up at Christmas. To be still in it with 2 games to go is an achievement in itself. I'm proud of my team.
  23. Apr 30, 2012

Transfer United Till I Die I am totally in the know, honest

Yep. We are out of every competition because of his team selections and complacency this season and the failure to renew the midfield.
  24. Apr 30, 2012

Carl has permanently erect nipples

Whoever wins the league is the best team. Nothing new here.
  25. Apr 30, 2012

I agree with little of this. We were clearly after Nasri and Sneijder in the summer but we could not make either signing happen. Fergie was then correct not to buy one for the sake of it and out decided to trust his side.

It almost worked. We did so well to keep upland then have it in our hands
  26. Apr 30, 2012

Red Indian Chief Torn Rubber Thus says Kemo

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
    Our midfield is so one paced its terrible.
  27. Apr 30, 2012

All 3 United His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.

All this shite about experience. What a load of bollocks it's about quality and fact is city have more of it with players young enough to use it. Best team won. End of.

That said given what we were up against financially and what we had to play with saf has somehow kept us in a title race and arguably should have won it.

And I tell you something for nothing I would rather shag a bucket!!!
  28. Apr 30, 2012

Man-United Full Member

Stop blaming Fergie. With this squad we are lucky to be so close to the title. If Fergie would have been the city manager they would have won the league with at least 15 points.
  29. Apr 30, 2012

iAm20Legend Full Member

This
    This

And this.
    I hope this is a wake up call to the Glazers. A bit more quality is required, surely? And oh, I think we need new fullbacks too :(
  30. Apr 30, 2012

TheReligion Abusive

What an embarssing thread on a United forum

feck off
  31. Apr 30, 2012

On one hand everybody cries that we're so far behind, we're so this, we're so shite, they're so much better, we need this and that, and then you come this this bit. It almost worked. So it's quite obviously, not that bad. If it was that shite, it wouldn't have been close to working, ever.

So yes, we need to do something, but you just summed up yourself how knee jerk and exaggerated it all is.

How can something so incredibly far behind out of touch shite and completely retarded, almost work. Almost be better than this all of a sudden amazing best in the world team.
  32. Apr 30, 2012

I never said we were shite. And this thread is not kneejerk
  33. Apr 30, 2012

MUFCgal Full Member

Just like Chelsea, better than us due to billions.
  34. Apr 30, 2012

I didn't say the thread was kneejerk, I said the whole situation was of screaming that just because we don't have a midfielder, that we play like we're in the conference. It wasn't about you.

You said it yourself, it almost worked. Evidently it's not as far behind as it's made out to be, otherwise United would be as far behind City in the league table, as it's made out to be.
  35. Apr 30, 2012

Sunny Jim Full Member

Warsaw...that's too far away from Edinburgh...
    I mean i dont mean the Glazers fecking amditting that they dont have the cash. Its the lies that get me angry! :mad:L
  36. Apr 30, 2012

gulli_G Full Member

agree, we are in the remaking phase whereas city have madrid style stupid money, but FFP should even that out now.

we can spend big and still maintain our financial status if owen and berbatov leave.
  37. Apr 30, 2012

Cina Warrior Princess

It's not embarrassing to claim they have a better team than us. Would it be an embarrassing thread if he said Real or Barca were better than us?
  38. Apr 30, 2012

Sunny Jim Full Member

Warsaw...that's too far away from Edinburgh...
    why its embarassing mate (i do like you, seriously). Im just fecking angry.
  39. Apr 30, 2012

Ramshock Full Member

why are there threads being deleted?
  40. Apr 30, 2012

Crustanoid Full Member

Their achievement essentially means feck all. Most shallow title victory in the history of football, and possibly the beginning of the end for football at the highest level.