Arsenal 2018/19

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by Adisa, Jun 4, 2018.

1. Mar 7, 2019

ChaddyP Full Member

Sounds like a line out of game of thrones:lol::lol:
  2. Mar 7, 2019

Djemba-Djemba Full Member

It's not just Europe though is it?

They've won 1 away game in about 4 months. Against Huddersfield.

I wouldn't rule them out of getting through though. They're the best flat track bullies around at home, they almost always win the games at home you expect them to.
  3. Mar 7, 2019

breakout67 Full Member

Supports:
    Man City
    I thought it sounded more like something Ezio from Assassin's Creed would say.
  4. Mar 7, 2019

ChaddyP Full Member

:lol:
  5. Mar 8, 2019

BrianMcClair'sBarnet New Member

Probably beat us on Sunday now.
  6. Mar 8, 2019

Cloud7 Full Member

Arsenal always seem to pop up with some really weird results in European football. Even when they manage to salvage it in the end, this goes back a fair while in the last decade under Wenger, they always seem to get some really weird results.

This season alone they’ve had losses to BATE and now to Rennes.
  7. Mar 8, 2019

syrian_scholes Full Member

Exactly what I thought, they'll be double motivated as this could be their only chance at CL football next season.
  8. Mar 8, 2019

el3mel Full Member

You really need to take some time out of internet whenever your team loses. :lol:
  9. Mar 8, 2019

ErranMorad New Member

I think Chelsea are a much bigger threat than Arsenal. They are only two points behind us but have a game in hand against lowly Brighton. They also have a much better squad than Arsenal & have picked up some form off late. Arsenal's away form is horrendous. They are likely to drop points despite their relatively easier remaining fixtures compared to the two of us. Out of the 9 games left, they have 5 away - Wolves, Everton, Watford, Leicester & Burnley - none of which are going to be easy; especially for a team with their away record & form.
  10. Mar 8, 2019

FootyGirl88

What??? :lol: :lol:
  11. Mar 8, 2019

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87 New Member

Supports:
    Arsenal
    Ok, i have calmed down a bit. Yesterday's performance was a bit expected in the end. If you struggle against Huddersfield, you are gonna struggle against Rennes as well. We are missing Lacazette a lot who is more capable than Aubameyang to hold our attack. He would have been useful 11 vs. 10. Auba also needs to take a look at himself because he has been fecking shit recently.

Are we going through next week? I don't know. Maybe ET.
  12. Mar 8, 2019

Gandalf Greyhame Full Member Scout

In a tree, spying on the next opposition.
    Rock and a hard place. You play United in between, do you think Emery will field a full strength lineup against us? Sokratis and Lacazette will definitely start, and Torreira won't, but what about the rest?
  13. Mar 8, 2019

Supports:
    Arsenal
    Hope so. It's better to focus on the 4th spot at this point, giving out run-in and Chelsea and United's. Even if we want through against Rennes, the likes of Napoli and Frankfurt (think they are gonna beat Inter) would smash us.
  14. Mar 8, 2019

haram Full Member

Wolves, Everton, Watford, Leicester, Burnley, all away. Wouldn't put money on Arsenal to beat any of these.
  15. Mar 8, 2019

AJ10 Full Member

Arsenal lost to a team that sounds like heartburn tablets.
  16. Mar 8, 2019

AgentP Full Member

Not all teams can come back from a 2-goal deficit from the first leg! Let's see if Arsenal have it in them. The added advantage of playing at home should be enough but you know it's Arsenal so anything can happen.
  17. Mar 8, 2019

AgentP Full Member

That's a bit of an overreaction :lol::lol:
  18. Mar 8, 2019

Adisa likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt

As Gandalf said, they're between a rock and a hard place. Their away record is so shit that I can't see them going on a run in the league. Every game against an organised side looks like a mountain for them.
    I think Europa is the slightly better route for them. They are the second or third best side in the competition and on their day,I fancy them against anyone.
  19. Mar 8, 2019

saivet Full Member

Ideally they go through in the EL for a bigger distraction from the league.
  20. Mar 8, 2019

Siorac Full Member

FFS I started racking my brain to recall when he said that in the books before I realised what you meant...
  21. Mar 8, 2019

Adisa likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt

I really don't think getting knocked out would help them concentrate on the league. They are a confidence team. They're the kind of side who's form might spiral out of control if they get knocked out by Rennes.
  22. Mar 8, 2019

RedPed Full Member

Agreed. It would be more satisfying to us and more humiliating for them to get knocked out by Rennes rather than by Chelsea, Napoli, Inter or one of the Spanish teams later on. Just having the top 4 to cling on to would make them desperate especially if we stuff them on Sunday.
  23. Mar 9, 2019

Suedesi Full Member

[​IMG]
  24. Mar 10, 2019

Supports:
    Arsenal
    Big games this season:

Liverpool: 1 point
    Spurs: 4 points
    United: 4 points
    City: 0 points
    Chelsea: 3 points

Total=12 points.

We have improved in the big games compared with last season. If we could only improve our away form we would finish 3rd, imo.
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
  25. Mar 10, 2019

izec Full Member

They win games ugly where they are average that they wouldnt in the past. No way would they win today 2-0 under Wenger. We played today like Arsenal in the past with fluffing chances and they scored with a De Gea mistake and a joke pen. 3 big points, no doubt and nobody cares at the end.
  26. Mar 10, 2019

AJ10 Full Member

:lol::lol: You must be 11? Typical arsenal fan, a complete joke.

sorry, I am being disrespectful to 11 year olds they have far more sense than you.

Just wait few games and you'll disappear like before, only show up when you win. Joke club/Joke fans.
  27. Mar 10, 2019

FootballHQ Full Member

Supports:
    Aston Villa
    3rd would be great result for Emery in his first season.

Ultimately Man. City and Liverpool have just been on another level this season. Can't think of many anywhere who predicted Arsenal finishing the best of the chasing pack. Big chance for them now.
  28. Mar 10, 2019

Ooh2B New Member

Supports:
    Arsenal
    I agree he’s being a tad disrespectful for sure, this being a United forum and all, but at least we can be reassured the reply’s are much more mature.

On topic though, nice win today and 3 very important points gained.

As much as it pleases me to get that result today, being a point off Spurs is what’s most exciting. The fact they were in the title race, touted as one of the top top sides and now look like top 4 could be at risk is quite pleasing to a Gooner.

I am a realist though, and once we resume league games in April the lie of the land/form/mentality will all be different, so taking nothing for granted.
  29. Mar 12, 2019

Leroy The Red Full Member

https://www.skysports.com/football/...e-lingards-dancing-gave-them-extra-motivation

I mean, doesn't this just sum up Arsenal football club? of all the defeats down the years, the humiliations, the capitulations, what gets them motivated is............... a Jesse Lingard instagram post that goes viral.

"In your mind you will never forget something like that"... Seriously? Is this guy serious? I'm not buying that this was about him dancing. Especially coming from Arsenal, a team who down the years have had a collection of players who have celebrated goals with elaborate dance numbers.

I don't mean to sound like an old grump but can you imagine the likes of Keane, Neville, Vieira, Adams etc getting upset and finding motivation because of a social media post. What the actual feck is going on? Seriously some of these footballers need to get a fecking grip.
  30. Mar 12, 2019

ayushreddevil9 Full Member

State of you..

Used to respect you as a poster but alas, Arsenal fans in a nutshell. Bigging up a victory just for the sake of it.

Typical Arsenal. It has come to the state now where they have to hype up anything commendable their team does. Can't blame them really because its so rare for them, the moments like these.
  31. Mar 12, 2019

Exactly! Getting fecked by Bayern 10-2 over two legs? Meh. Lingard celebration? "Will never forget anything like that"
  32. Mar 12, 2019

Supports:
    Arsenal
    When you are so down in expectations and then you win against one of your arch rivals you reach in this way.

I apologize.
  33. Mar 12, 2019

No issues :angel:
  34. Mar 12, 2019

Vadim New Member

How and why is this tolerated?
  35. Mar 12, 2019

Supports:
    Arsenal
    I edited it. I reapeat: i was just out of my mind and didn't care about what i said.
  36. Mar 12, 2019

Mr H Full Member

What the hell is wrong with you ? any other forum and you'd have been banned already.
  37. Mar 12, 2019

Vadim New Member

You’re always doing it. I’m amazed you’re not banned by now.
  38. Mar 12, 2019

ROFLUTION New Member

feck right off was my instant reaction. Don't know if you know the background of the Munich Songs sung about our team who died on the runway, but thats why everyone is blasting at you for using Manure. Thought you were a sensible poster, so really hope you did not know of this reference when posting. Glad you apologized.
  39. Mar 12, 2019

bucky Full Member

No, you don't.
  40. Mar 12, 2019

Oxeki New Member

Supports:
    Arsenal
    Why are you getting worked up about about just a single word "manure". I've seen some man Utd fans on here using the term " chelski" and other derogatory remarks about other clubs (although that doesn't excuse what he said) yet I haven't seen any outrage.