4 Assists
6 Clean sheets
14 Yellow cards
1 Red card
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Apr 11, 2019

Snafu17 Full Member

Yeah, he's very much on a similar slide that Valencia was a few months ago. Which is a bit unfortunate because we're stuck with him for another year. Hopefully he manages to get his shit together over the summer so he can pull of at least a few decent performances next season. We'll just have to deal with him until the end of the season, considering Ole doesn't truly trust Dalot as a fullback just yet, but he'll likely be a 4th choice fullback next year.
  2. Apr 11, 2019

Bole Top Full Member

"hardworking"
    "reliable"
    "loyal"

I don't wan't to hear those words ever again. it just means a player is so limited that all you can say about him are the basics that goes for pretty much every player out there. I'm sick of players whose "specialty" is to work hard and be reliable. either you're good enough, either you're not and Young certainly isn't.
  3. Apr 11, 2019

laughtersassassin Full Member

The only words I have for him is useless and worst United Captain I have ever witnessed.

Good legacy that.

Ole needs to shape up and drop him permanently.
  4. Apr 11, 2019

Rajma Full Member

Is it rational and normal to get angry just from seeing his profile pic in this thread?
  5. Apr 11, 2019

Sylar Full Member

Imagine if hes our starting full back next season :nervous:

He wasnt good. At all. For the last whatever number of games.But ultimately I dont blame him cos hes not picking himself. Hes not keeping himself on and subbing of other players. I dont get it. Yesterday was crying out for Dalot to move on the right, so he could whip in balls to Lukaku (who also got taken off). Young should have come off but it didnt happen.

The worst thing is that there were so many times he had so much space and time, but he would dwell on it, and then hit the first man or just over hit it whilst slowing things down. Makes me miss Valencia just drilling it in haha
  6. Apr 11, 2019

Robbie Boy Full Member

:lol:
  7. Apr 11, 2019

Josh 76 Full Member

Hope he starts against City :lol:
  8. Apr 11, 2019

Raw Full Member

Fecker would probably score a hattrick.
  9. Apr 11, 2019

el3mel Full Member

Losing possession 32 times, un-fecking-believable stuff in this high stage of football.
  10. Apr 11, 2019

passing-wind Full Member

Supports:
    Pass & Move
    If he continues throughout the season I hope ole deservedly gets the criticism as it's completely deserved.

Although Dalot is inexperienced he's better in possession, Young seems like his career is in a serious state of decline cannot make a 5 yard pass.

Absolute disgrace of a player and embarrassment of a captain. Should be moved on in the summer. Ole is just as liable for his treacherous performances.
  11. Apr 11, 2019

kouroux 45k posts to finally achieve this tagline

So much for experience :lol:, this is an unbelievable stat
  12. Apr 11, 2019

abdo99 Full Member

13. Apr 11, 2019

Dr. StrangeHate New Member

Surely we have a reserve right back that is better than him. Even TFM would be better. To think we got rid of Rafael and Darmian.
  14. Apr 11, 2019

BrianMcClair'sBarnet Full Member

My Captain.
  15. Apr 11, 2019

FootyGirl88

You forgot "Warrior" :lol:
  16. Apr 11, 2019

#07 makes new threads with tweets in the OP

Last edited: Apr 11, 2019
  17. Apr 11, 2019

Based Adnan New Member

1 more year
  18. Apr 11, 2019

Devil may care Full Member

Every time the ball goes to him I get a sinking feeling as I know he's going to lose it or hit a useless cross, so those stats aren't surprising. .
  19. Apr 11, 2019

Why is he our Captain ?
    Why is he still at the club ?
    Why did we give him a new deal ?
  20. Apr 11, 2019

Alex99 Rehab's Pete Doherty Scout

Darmian's still at the club. Last appearance was as a late sub in the league win over Brighton in January. Presumably he got on the wrong coach after the game and is currently enjoying himself on the south-coast.
  21. Apr 11, 2019

Van Piorsing Lost his light sabre

At this point, It's not also about his current abilities and that awful importunity to cross without looking where his teammates are. He'll be 34 this July and he'll be simply unable to play whole season even on average level whatsoever and sadly that also goes to Antonio aswell.

No matter if Ole likes Ashley, he won't make it whole season and replacements are needed, asap.

No hate, no agenda, just simple biology.
  22. Apr 11, 2019

Hawks2008 Full Member

Nail on the head. Bloody infuriating to see such excuses made for professional fecking footballers. As if showing enough 'pashun' and 'desiah' makes up for being utterly inept. Disgusted at the sight of young with the armband.
  23. Apr 11, 2019

SadlerMUFC Full Member

The wum are the people who are constantly scapegoating Young. You guys just go out looking for bad. If he was nearly as poor as most of you make him out to be he would be playing in division 2, not starting and captaining our team most games...
  24. Apr 11, 2019

el3mel Full Member

It looks like the only player who actually managed to score from his crap crosses the last couple of years was Fellaini, probably because he was predicting him to overhit the cross and always waited on the far post. :lol:
  25. Apr 11, 2019

SadlerMUFC Full Member

Yet De Gea lets in another weak goal where he looks scared to go after the ball (like he did on Smallings OG last week) and he gets a free pass???
  26. Apr 11, 2019

FootyGirl88

:lol: :lol:
  27. Apr 11, 2019

AndyJ1985 New Member

For me this is the worst part about what we have become as a club. We've gone from being one of the most feared teams in Europe to plucky underdog that rewards a bit of effort and passion. What I can't get my head around is that so many fans actually accept it. You'd never see it at Real Madrid or Barcelona. Look at how Real Madrid are reacting to one "bad" season after winning the CL 3 seasons in a row. They're signing Hazard and want Pogba and god knows who else. We call ourselves one of the biggest cubs in the world, and yet the contrast in ambition is startling.
  28. Apr 11, 2019

spiriticon Full Member

Anyone know where I can watch his 'highlights' from last night?

I need to watch it again.
  29. Apr 11, 2019

Jeffthered Full Member

He has a strong mindset, stronger than many in our squad. He also has seen much success at the club, so knows the standards required. His problem is that he adopts an overly aggressive manner in his game now. He should play with more skill,more style, poise, and quality. He wasn't always like this.

He seems like one of this players who has spent too much time building muscles, rather than focusing on his game.

He is younger than Ronaldo. That puts it into context.
  30. Apr 11, 2019

el3mel Full Member

You sure you didn't chose the wrong player thread ? I had to check twice it's Ashley Young we're talking about.
  31. Apr 11, 2019

Djemba-Djemba Full Member

Has he? Unless you mean he's seen much success at the club, whilst sat on the bench or in the stands.

Contributed almost nothing to us winning the title in 2013, he was a winger that contributed exactly zero goals that season.

Unused sub in the League Cup final 2017
    Didn't make Squad for Europa League final 2017
    Came on as sub in FA Cup final 2016.

That's much success for you is it? In 8 years?
  32. Apr 11, 2019

kundalini Full Member

So in the Wolves match, McTominay exchanged passes with Ashley, then passed the ball to where Young had been stood, only for Ashley to have retreated while Scott was passing the ball, an unwise challenge followed, punished by a 2nd yellow card.

Then rewatching the Barcelona match, Fred has the ball after a corner, Young signals he wants the ball played ahead of him. Fred can't have noticed, as his pass assumed Young would be running in the opposite direction. Ball goes out for a throw-in.

In the same game, Lindelof moves forward past a Barca player, then passes sideways to Young, who is stood still, ball goes out for a throw-in.

There is no understanding between Young and his team-mates. Probably wasn't Ashley's fault in each case, possibly in none of them, but needs better communication because it would appear his team-mates have no idea if he is going to be running forwards, retreating backwards, or stood still.

On 2nd viewing, Young's performance against Barca was as horrific as it seemed first time around. Those crosses were just terrible.
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2019
  33. Apr 12, 2019

Dr. StrangeHate New Member

It has been six years since this. Fans have accepted reality now.

Real Madrid and Barcelona are helped by the Spanish FA and the Spanish government. If Abu Dhabi had bought a club in Spain and cheated like they did with City they would have been kicked out of the league. We can't compare our selves with them as it is not a level playing field for those two.
  34. Apr 12, 2019

BlackBen New Member

:lol::lol:
    Ashley Young is that you?

What I have gone looking for is the white text in your post which I can't seem to find. Do you believe what you're actually writing?

So because he is not playing in division 2 means he is good enough for us and should be captain? :houllier:
  35. Apr 12, 2019

Posh Red Full Member

De Gea also made a very good save with his legs. Anyway, De Gea having a bad patch of form doesn’t take away from the fact that Young can’t cut it at this level anymore. It’s been apparent for a while that he can’t keep the ball under pressure or put a decent cross in. He’s finished unfortunately.
  36. Apr 12, 2019

Good point.
    You compare this to Barca's use of Semedo and his teammates always knew what the Portuguese International was going to do.It was relentless yet utterly effective.
    Young on the otherhand seems completely at odds with what he is going to do, putting his colleagues in utter confusion.
  37. Apr 12, 2019

Full bodied red Full Member

I'd prefer to think this is temporary but remember too well how Evra and then Valencia each just fell off a cliff in the space of a couple of months.

Probably the same here.

What is it with our full backs ?
  38. Apr 12, 2019

Melville Red Full Member

1. Longest serving player, I know stupid but I can’t think of another reason.
    2. Woody wooden head.
    3. Wooden head woody.
  39. Apr 12, 2019

OL29 Full Member

I think that's Smalling.
  40. Apr 12, 2019

Melville Red Full Member

Oh, well make him fecking captain then.:D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.