Avengers: Infinity War (Don't open this thread if you haven't seen the movie)

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Sylar, Feb 12, 2017.

1. Feb 12, 2017

Sylar Full Member

First look:

Really hyped for this obviously. Will be 10 years of work for the MCU culminating with the 2 part movie.
  2. Feb 12, 2017

rcoobc Not as crap as eferyone thinks

Supports:
    Free Speech
    Looking forward to it. Although don't think Avengers 2 was necessary, it's been an incredible ride so far.

Not sure the 2nd movie will really be "part 2" anymore! Although still might be.
  3. Feb 12, 2017

okLaptop1 Full Member

I can't wait, this is gonna be epic in scale. The guardians should have great chemistry with the other guys too, it'll be fun.

I do wonder if they'll finally make Thanos an interesting character though. All this build through multiple movies and he's bland as shit.
  4. Feb 12, 2017

InfiniteBoredom Full Member

Hard to make a character that OP interesting. Chris Hemsworth is a shite actor but his Thor has the same problem. How can you relate to a character who can virtually solve any problem with a swing of his toy?
  5. Feb 12, 2017

Eddy_JukeZ Full Member

Have they named part 2 yet?

Very excited for the movies. Hopefully Thanos lives up to expectations of being a bad-ass.
  6. Feb 12, 2017

Golden Nugget Full Member

I hope they do. I'd like to think that they kept the reason why they haven't released the title for part 2 was to make part 1 less predictable - by having a part 2 it would make it obvious that Thanos won't die. I really hope they make Thanos strong and develop him properly unlike the other Marvel villains, and for that to happen, he needs a at least half of one movie to gather the infinity stones and also defeat the avengers once.
  7. Feb 12, 2017

Welsh Wonder A dribbling mess on the sauce

They're not going to be named part 1 and part 2, the two movies are being treated as separate entities. I reckon they'll have Thanos 'win' in some way for the first film to establish him as a huge threat and position the massive squad of heroes as underdogs when the second one comes round.

At least that's what my mushrooms think.
  8. Feb 12, 2017

syrian_scholes Full Member

I'm thinking a few deaths? isn't part 1 supposed to be Downey Jr. last Marvel movie? also Hulk I think, a few deaths is the only way forward after infinity war for Marvel imo.
  9. Feb 12, 2017

LonelyFire Full Member

They've got a real problem when it comes to the future with/without Downey Jr.

They have cast nearly every character perfectly since the start but for all that success, Downey Jr is still the guy that makes it all tick. I worry that moving ahead without him would be too big a loss. At the same time, it has to move on eventually so I get the reasoning behind it.
  10. Feb 12, 2017

Chris Evans as well. After the success of WS and CW, it's much harder for them to write off him, yet having the Boy Scout around presents a big writing problem in the future.

Still trumps DC's though, their lighter, family friendly fare will do well for a while yet, when the other is still struggling to get off the ground.
  11. Feb 12, 2017

Donut Full Member

I like these movies, they're fun. But there is just no stakes, no one important ever dies and so the action sequences aren't really too exciting, just fun to watch.

I guess you could say that for most action movies, but I think the problem here is bigger when you have 10 main protagonists and they're all safe.
  12. Feb 12, 2017

Sylar Full Member

I do think there will be deaths. Marvel will continue cos its started a franchise and it doesnt have to rely on stars now but just the characters and lots of goodwill theyve built up.

I do hope Thanos isnt built as a wise cracking villain and is more badass, something we havent really seen (so for the story something that the avengers havent seen).
    GoTG being a success shows they can continue this even without some of the key stars.

I am intrigued to see what happens after phase 3 though.
  13. Feb 12, 2017

ivaldo Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?

I kind of agree with you there, it would fit the profile of who Thanos is comparable to the avengers. However there's a massive risk it'll make him bland.

The best villains have been the likes of Loki, his unpredictability and wise cracking has made him a far greater character than he would have otherwise been.
  14. Feb 12, 2017

SalfordRed18 Full Member

Was meant to be an inhumans film, but thats been shelved.

Wouldnt be shocked if they attempted to take back the fantastic 4 and rebooted that. Xmen is the one theyll really want though, but that wont be getting bought back anytime soon.
  15. Feb 13, 2017

GBBQ Full Member

Its a pity they can't broker a one off deal like they did for Spiderman. Especially with the current crop of Xmen seemingly coming to an end it would be a great way for Jackman to sign off; Avengers 4: Avengers vs Xmen.

They've already explained multiple dimensions so could have it as a one-off meeting, they fight and eventually work together, go back to their own dimensions and never speak of each other again.
  16. Feb 13, 2017

Supports:
    Free Speech
    I think Xmen in this universe would ruin it. Although I already think it's nowhere near as good as it was.
  17. Feb 13, 2017

Avengers 1 was in hindsight not that great tbh. Actually quite similar to BvS, just with a less convoluted storyline and better action.

Think they peaked with Winter Soldier.
  18. Feb 13, 2017

SalfordRed18 Full Member

Civil War and arguably guardians are both better films than WS. Most definitely havent peaked yet.
  19. Feb 13, 2017

Supports:
    Free Speech
    Whatt???

Avengers 1 was great. 92% rotten tomatoes. It's just a really good movie. After that things go a bit wonky.

My own personal MCU would go like this

20. Feb 13, 2017

Massive Spanner Thinks Geoff Shreeves has one

Guardians is the only one I give a toss about these days. Well, and Deadpool, don't think that counts though.

Watched Doctor Strange last night and zoned out around half way in.

What's worse is they've taken over TV now too.

Feck off Marvel.
  21. Feb 13, 2017

VP89 Pogba's biggest fan

I'm a DC fan over Marvel but still love what Marvel have done and can't wait for Guardians 2 + Infinity War.

My only qualm is that they mainly seem to sell on comedy (its no surprise that their best movies tend to be comedic ones bar X Men First Class/Days of Future Past).
  22. Feb 13, 2017

JON.B Sloop

Same for me, watched it last night based on a brief look at the trailer but the movie itself was mostly style over substance. The whole "Superhero" concept has been done to death now for me, there's just so many movies/shows on now that's it kind of lost it's appeal.
  23. Feb 13, 2017

Dirty Schwein Should Have Known Better

And those two were by Fox. Thing is, Marvel understand that it's mainly children who enjoy these films and the adults watching them just want to switch off their brain and relax a bit, or watch them with the kids. So they have got a formula that works. Easy to follow plot, comedy moments, fun action. Doesn't take itself too seriously.

DC on the other hand dont have a scoobydoo. Their films are way too dark and try to grab the adult audiences... but the films completely lack substance and even an ounce of enjoyment. They're horrible.
  24. Feb 13, 2017

Supports:
    Free Speech
    Me and the girlfriend watched BvS over two days.

The first half is actually a decent movie. Ben Affleck's Batman is terrible, and the whole thing does have problems, but it's not bad. Oh and Lex Luthor is still crap, but his relationship with the Senator woman does have some promise. We were cautiously optimistic.

Then we came back the second night. Oh god. Oh god oh god oh god oh god.

I really think they ran out of time and money and just gave up.
  25. Feb 13, 2017

VP89 Pogba's biggest fan

Thing is, I think there are many many adults who love comics, and would also love to see a substance made comic film (Nolan set the bar very high but you can still make similar with widely accepted directors instead of David Ayre or Zach Schnyder).

I watched both Avengers films and Civil War twice in cinema and saw more Adults than kids. I think if someone like say, Ben Affleck made the new Batman or JJ Abrams was reeled in to make Superman etc, we'd actually see much better output from WB. Obviously top directors like Scorcese or Tarantino or whoever wouldn't want to be associated with a 3 film comicbook contract so it was a tough move from Warner Bros. to delvier that through their riskier directors.

And boy did they fail. To think the man behind Training day made Suicide Squad. Fecking hell!

As a big DC fan it does suck pretty hard to see them fail on big screen for the wider audience.
  26. Feb 13, 2017

Bill.s.preston Fluffybunnykins - needs to bulk up (with cake!)

In fairness, he also made Sabotage!

Sabotage makes Suicide Squad look like a masterpiece.
  27. Feb 13, 2017

Sylar Full Member

Yeah I loved Civil War, more so than Age of Ultron. Felt more Avengers than the actual Avengers movie.
    I really enjoyed Ant Man too.

Interesting, I saw Dr Strange with a few non comic book loving friends, and they all liked it and didnt realise it was meant to be part of this big story. I think standalone its a decent movie, but the effects in 3D were quite something tbh.

FF4 needs something. TBH I liked the cast, but again, it seemed too much interference caused the movie to flop (oh and the movie not knowing what it wanted to do which is a shame).
    Xmen being a one time deal with Avengers just 1 movie to stop Thanos would be quite something to see.
    Shame about the inhumans movie, but really it would need Skye as the main start from Agents of Shield (and if you have her, somehow you gotta involve Coulson and the rest).

I get what youre saying. I think theres a balance they got to have though. Not too Ultron comedy, but not to one note.
  28. Feb 13, 2017

Inhumans is going to be a tv show, think the first couple of eps are going to air in Imax too.
  29. Feb 15, 2017

Sylar Full Member

Thats good to know. Im assuming they will do a change in the timeline (eg like first captain america) to show origins. If not, maybe other inhumans around the world who arent AoS related. hmm
  30. Feb 15, 2017

Supports:
    Free Speech
    Aren't Inhumans already in Shield? (I dont watch it)
  31. Feb 15, 2017

It looks like it's going to be set around the Inhuman royal family (Black Bolt et al) so I'm assuming it'll be set on Attilan. No idea where it'll fit into everything else timeline wise etc.
    Yes
  32. Feb 15, 2017

reelworld Full Member

Minority Inhumans is in SHIELD. This new tv show will deal with royalty Inhumans
  33. Feb 15, 2017

Supports:
    Free Speech
    Don't know what that means.

Whats the difference between an Inhuman and an Xmen?
  34. Feb 15, 2017

SalfordRed18 Full Member

Literally minor inhumans.

Inhumans have a royal family, run by the king, Black Bolt. Theyre the characters of the inhumans.

The difference is, mutants are humans whos DNA has evolved essentially.

Inhumans are basically part alien. The Kree (or might have been the skrull??) did experiments on humans years back, altering their DNA by adding alien into it.

Plus, mutant powers manifest by themselves. Inhuman powers need to be activated.

Memories a bit rusty but thats the gist of it all.
  35. Jul 16, 2017

RedMachine03 Poster of Articles

Captain America isn't Captain America anymore, he has a beard and a new outfit.
    Peter Parker has spidey-sense, and apparently he’s rocking Iron Spider-Man armor.
    A hulkbuster suit
    Thor is passed out in space and lands on the windshield of the Guardians of the Galaxy ship.
    Doctor Strange creating magical platforms for Star-Lord to jump on.
    Loki is presenting Thanos the tesseract.
    And Thanos beats the “crap” out of everyone and may be throwing a planet.
  36. Jul 16, 2017

Pscholes18 Full Member

Lame and looking forward to Thanos fecking shit up.
  37. Jul 16, 2017

Mrs Smoker Full Member

Supports:
    Panthère du Ndé
    Not the same without Surfer, Warlock, even Mephisto.
  38. Jul 16, 2017

harshad Play the odds, not the man Scout

On a long road that returns to Old Trafford!!!
    We got a teaser for Warlock in one of the post credits scene in Guardians 2. Not sure whether he will be part of Infinity War though
  39. Jul 16, 2017

Jev Full Member

Looking at the cast list I just can't see how they're going to create any kind of coherent plot or character development while fitting in so many characters. The bigger the better seems to be the philosophy.

Probably gonna be one of those long, loud, deafening, monotonous blockbusters in the same vein as Ultron and X-Men Apocalypse.

It's a shame that this seems to be the direction for the MCU because I really think the best films (Iron Man 1, CA: Winter Soldier, Guardians of the Galaxy 1, Avengers 1 and Spider-Man: Homecoming) have been very, very good, and this whole intertwined universe is a pretty unique thing.
  40. Jul 16, 2017

Redlambs Creator of the Caftards comics

Officially the best poker player on RAWK. Your cas
    Isn't that the point of the individual and then ensemble films? I'm not sure your point makes much sense tbh.

The individual films build the characters, and lead up to the big, mostly brainless, battle movies. Unless you want Infinity war to be about 8hrs long, I wouldn't go expecting much character development ;)