Axel Tuanzebe | 2018/19 Performances

Discussion in 'Player Performances Forum' started by MyOnlySolskjaer, Jul 13, 2018.

1. Nov 5, 2018

FootyGirl88

Amazing - happy his loan is going well ❤️
  2. Nov 5, 2018

Cassidy No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser

I hope Jose is keeping tabs on him, a PL loan next season would be great for his progression, hopefully Villa make it up
  3. Nov 14, 2018

Mickson Full Member

I've been saying this for years: Give him a chance, he is ready and he is that good.
  4. Nov 14, 2018

Bwuk Full Member

If we'd given him a chance and a run in the side, I'm not convinced any of our current drop would look any better than him.
  5. Nov 14, 2018

Giant Midget Aka - rooney_10119

Don’t think he’d be any worse than Rojo or Jones at this point. Already better than them just by the fact he’s available and not made of glass.

If he makes mistakes, its part of his development and he’s young. Rojo and Jones are error-prone while they’re at the age where they should be at their peak.
  6. Nov 14, 2018

OnlyTwoDaSilvas Gullible

If he's playing regularly at CB, then keep him there for the rest of the season, especially under John Terry's lead. He's better there than in the position of someone like Pereira who rarely even makes the match day squad.
  7. Nov 14, 2018

Raees Legal Guardian of the Football forums

Under John Terry he could be our answer to Joe Gomez
  8. Nov 14, 2018

NotQuiteManc Full Member

Supports:
    Higher Income Tax For The Rich
    He could be a backup to Lindelof and/or play at RB back-to-back with Dalot if Tony V is on the way out. I think he is very good but still lacking that heading skills/timing just like Lindelof earlier in his United career. They would struggle aerially against most team in the EPL, and learning their trade at RB would be a good way to hone that skill without too much risk. Like how Smalling, Jones, Brown and even Boateng.
  9. Nov 14, 2018

MadDogg Full Member

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
    Tuanzebe isn't very good at rightback if he's expected to help out with the attack. Villa fans hated him there.

If we're up against a top attacker on that side and we want Tuanzebe to focus purely on his defence (like he did against Sanchez a couple of years ago), he'd probably be fine. But against the majority of teams we need our fullbacks stretching the play and that's where he'd be significantly worse than even the likes of Young and Valencia.
  10. Nov 14, 2018

Johan07 Full Member

I agree, CB is one of the most difficult positions to play in as well regardless of system. Its much easier for a young player to come in at RW or LW for example. Or fullback.
    Think he might, might cope in a more offensive system as CB already, holding a higher line. At least IMO he would do better in that kind of system compared to how we play now.
    So I am also afraid of what would happen if he would be stuck in our own penalty area defending for most of the games. And then RB is the option thats left pretty much.
    Important thing is that he needs to play if he is to be included in the squad next year. At least a fair amount of minutes. If not, then he should be farmed out on loan again. What we are doing to Pereira and McTominay this year is just bad squad and youth management. They should be on loan if they are not close to playing.
    I am quite impressed by what I have seen from him so far, even when he was at United. He needs to be given a fair chance during pre-season next summer and if he is deemed not to quite be there yet: loaned out to a mid-table PL-team or even a top10-team in La Liga as we did with Pereira.
  11. Nov 14, 2018

NotQuiteManc Full Member

Supports:
    Higher Income Tax For The Rich
    Yeah, I agree. He would be good in a defensive setup, depending on the opponents.
  12. Nov 15, 2018

Irwin99 Full Member

How is his passing game? Considering that Jose recognises the need to build up from the back it'd be good to have a defender who is comfortable on the ball.
  13. Nov 15, 2018

Ali Dia Full Member

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
    Just watched a few of his highlights on YouTube. He’s in great form and dominating at that level.
  14. Nov 16, 2018

Mickson Full Member

15. Nov 16, 2018

Red_toad Full Member

Very good, looks comfortable as a holding midfielder as well.
  16. Nov 16, 2018

12OunceEpilogue Full Member

I agree. It seems the idea of including a promising CB as a stopgap fullback to get him first team experience is being increasingly challenged these days. I'd prefer Tuanzebe to continue his successful loan at a good club learning from Terry than come back here to play some kind of auxiliary role at the back for us.
  17. Nov 16, 2018

In Rainbows Full Member

Many fans underrate the attacking responsibility a fullback has. If a player is lacking in that area, fans of the side are going to rightly be upset or frustrated at the player. So although it makes sense that a CB be a temporary RB or LB because they feel they're not ready defensively, they ignore that they're not ready for the attacking responsibilities of a FB.