Balotelli's Stamp

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by RK, Jan 22, 2012.

1. Jan 22, 2012

ArmchairCritic No

Well there you go then.
  2. Jan 22, 2012

TheGame Full Member

This is just as bad as that Ben Thatcher elbow incident, FA need to grow some and do something about it.
  3. Jan 22, 2012

Vidic_In_Moscow Full Member

I don't think it has to be punished, it just has to be acknowledged by the ref in his match report. If he says he saw it, then he obviously deemed it (rightly or wrongly) not deliberate so they can't further punish the player. If the ref says he never saw it, only then can they add punishment after the game.
  4. Jan 22, 2012

FranklyVulgar Full Member

I've got a pretty little mouth underneath all the
    So Redknapp can talk about who should get sent off now? pot, kettle...

The only thing i can say for Balotelli is that he shouldnt have been booked in the first place and that he didn't appear to look down before he landed his foot there.
  5. Jan 22, 2012

mjs020294 Banned

Stamping on someones head is completely cowardly. What is the maximum ban he can get for that. For me it should be a 6-8 game ban minimum.
  6. Jan 22, 2012

RK Full Member

Does stamping on someone's head deserve more than a 3 game ban?
  7. Jan 22, 2012

TheGame Full Member

Don't think theres a maximum term, FA could set their own ban accordingly.
  8. Jan 22, 2012

Liam147 On Probation

Stop beig so fecking stupid, claiming a conspiracy. It's been mentioned, it will be mentioned more, and in all likelyhood he'll get banned. If he doesn't, moan about it then. We all know it was disgusting, we can see the intent, we just need the FA to see the same.
  9. Jan 22, 2012

africanspur Full Member

At first I thought Webb hadn't seen it. Turns out he was staring right at it. Then he goes to win and score the winning penalty. Stellar work again by Webb. :wenger:
  10. Jan 22, 2012

Striker10 "Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football

who has mentioned conspiracy you plonker?
  11. Jan 22, 2012

The Neviller Full Member

He didn't need to look, he knew where Parker was. Karl Henry got sent off yesterday for backheeling a player in the chest, he didnt look back either. It's blatantly a deliberate stamp. He should have gone, and the FA should punish him, and harshly. You can't go around attempting to stamp on opposition players heads.
  12. Jan 22, 2012

RK Full Member

By the way, all this stuff about not being able to punish the player if the ref saw it is bollocks. Technically the FA can still take action even if he was booked. The FA just like to stick by the refs decision.

I don't think it will matter though because I don't think Webb saw it properly.
  13. Jan 22, 2012

Raven Blade Dull

He asks "why always him?", and that's because he keeps doing stupid things like that. There's no hiding place on the pitch and it's so clear he makes an unnatural movement as soon as he realises there's someone behind him. It was a devious stamp that he's lucky to get away with.
  14. Jan 22, 2012

Randall Flagg Worst of the best

I have no idea what you are talking about you silly person.

The only reason why I believe anyway that he will not be banned is that he can say he could not see and was in mid trip

I think he most likely meant it but unlike a punch etc.. in this case he can argue even if most dont believe he is telling the truth
  15. Jan 22, 2012

amolbhatia100 Barbiturates ain't got nothin' on me

Well that's very deliberate.
  16. Jan 22, 2012

Liam147 On Probation

People whingeing about 'if it was Rooney' as if everyone's against us and he'll get away with it. He won't, it was deliberate, and it will be dealt with. There's no room for discussion.
  17. Jan 22, 2012

Carl has permanently erect nipples

:lol: Someone reported this to GMP wanting Mario arrested.

EDIT: Correction... 2 people!! :lol:
  18. Jan 22, 2012

africanspur Full Member

Harry Redknapp has accused Mario Balotelli of kicking Scott Parker in the head during Manchester City's thrilling 3-2 victory over Tottenham at the Etihad Stadium on Sunday afternoon.

Balotelli stepped off the bench in the second half of an enthralling contest and had already been booked when referee Howard Webb failed to take any action following a tangle with the Spurs midfielder when the Italian appeared to catch his prone opponent with a flailing boot.

A clearly unhappy Redknapp insisted that the controversial striker should not have been on the field to fire home the winning goal in the fifth minute of added time from the penalty spot after he had been brought down by Ledley King.

Redknapp told Sky Sports: "It looked like a penalty, but the boy who scored the penalty shouldn't have been on the pitch. He kicked Scott Parker in the head.

"He does that quite often. It's not right. He's caught him and then he's back-heeled him again in the face and cut his head.

"You can't get away with things like that on the football pitch, the referee should be seeing that.

"He's kicked him in the head, it's there for everybody to see. I'm sure you've got it on the TV. No-one can make excuses that he didn't do it, because anyone can see he did do it."

After an uneventful first half, City took control with goals from Samir Nasri and Joleon Lescott before Spurs hit back to level through Jermain Defoe and a Gareth Bale beauty, with all four strikes coming in a hectic 10-minute spell.

Defoe then came within inches of winning it for the visitors before the late penalty drama, but despite now sitting eight points behind the leaders, Redknapp insists the defeat will not demoralise his side.

He added: "It just proves to me that we're as good as anybody. They weren't better than us today.

"We were so close and looked the more likely team to win. I'm delighted with the players. It just shows how far we have come and where we can go from here. We've got a good team.

"We've been beaten 3-2 here knowing we shouldn't have been beaten. It should be very easy to pick them up. They've proved to everyone today that they're good enough to play against Man City."
  19. Jan 22, 2012

Zen Full Member

Pretty impressed by the fact he's fluent in English.....he would seem less motivated to learn than Tevez who has been here for like 5 years now and is terrible at English.

Other than that, clear stamp -_-
  20. Jan 22, 2012

Spoony The People's President

Lescott lucky and all.
  21. Jan 22, 2012

rcoobc Not as crap as eferyone thinks

Yup. Tottenham and United will both feel very aggreaved.
  22. Jan 22, 2012

Makki QUITTER

freguson y u rest the ginger prawn hes most import
    The funny thing is that even if it's not deliberate, surely kicking someone in the head should merit at least a yellow card in any case, even with a fairly useless ref. That would've seen Balotelli off the pitch and would've changed everything.
  23. Jan 22, 2012

Rams extremely handsome, intelligent, gay and talented

I don't think he deliberately try to stamp on Parker's head, but he deliberately stamped and should have been sent off for violent conduct. So I guess with the ref not seeing it the FA will give him a 3 match ban off the tv replays.
  24. Jan 22, 2012

newtonheathdave Bitter

At the end of the day only Mario knows whether he did it or not. If he meant it then it is indefensible.
    But there are mitigating circumstances here. In real time it did not look too bad. It is only when it was slowed right down that it looked nasty. He was unbalanced at the time and had no idea at all where Parker was. All those people saying it was un-natural, well falling over and losing your balance is not really what you would call a natural act is it?. Your going to try and stay on your feet any way you can.
    Also not one single player on the pitch complained about it. That is usually a good indicator of how bad something is.
    Now I think Balotelli has a good case for a defense and I don't think there is enough there to ban him.
    He certainly has it in him to do things like that unfortunately, but like i said, only he truely knows whether he meant it or not.
    Lescott on the other hand does not really have a leg to stand on.
  25. Jan 22, 2012

Devil may care Full Member

City should have been down to nine men in truth, but Balotelli's stamp was viscous and will no doubt be punished retrospectively, however that's irrelevant given he's won City the three points.
  26. Jan 22, 2012

MrMarcello Full Member

I seriously don't know how the majority of players hold back. If I were kicked in the head, as soon as I were able to stand my ground I'd twat the bastard. I could care less about the inevitable banning for knocking the mf'er out.
  27. Jan 22, 2012

Gazza Magic Carpet Pilot

What compounds my disgust for Balotelli is that after he kicks Parker in the head he does a little swan dive to make it look like a genuine collision. In the anger about the kick itself, his embarrassing fall is forgotten somewhat.
  28. Jan 22, 2012

Because you're obviously rock fecking solid. Innit.
  29. Jan 22, 2012

Zen Full Member

30. Jan 22, 2012

africanspur Full Member

[​IMG]

Come on Dave. You're a pretty objective guy, that is not a natural movement when you are falling down and trying to regain balance. You do not stamp one of your legs backward in that way.

I can think of few things more cowardly on a football pitch than stamping on a player in the prone position.

I'm not really sure why either Lescott or Balotelli felt they had to do what they did tbh, it wasn't a violent game or competitive in that way and the other players played it all calm and by the rules.
  31. Jan 22, 2012

africanspur Full Member

Accidental.
  32. Jan 22, 2012

He'll get banned for that, make no mistake.

He won't be arrested though. Nosireebob.
  33. Jan 22, 2012

newtonheathdave Bitter

Yeah I agree it looks bad there. He deffo has it in him to do it and if he gets banned then I cant really argue.
    But I do think he might just get off with it unless he is hung out to fry by the media.
    In respect to Lescott, it was a blatant elbow. i would like to see Kaboul's challenge on Lescott as that looked just as bad. I would need to see it again though.

Can I just say though that Modric could not have seen it any better than anyone else as there is absolutely no reaction from him at all.
  34. Jan 22, 2012

Gazza Magic Carpet Pilot

Means nothing. We can all see it on television, and it's as obvious a stamp as you will see.
  35. Jan 22, 2012

Bross Noggie Pez Dispenser

Chillin with Giggsy at the Retardment Castle
    You can see from the replay that he looks away half way through the incident and then looks back, so he doesnt see Balotelli's movement in full. Its hard to make the decision that its deliberate when you just see the foot landing and not the entire unnatural movement.

Should be banned. Real pain that they gain 3 points through the actions of a player who shouldnt have been on the pitch.
  36. Jan 22, 2012

newtonheathdave Bitter

It means a lot more than a slowed down replay from the angle making it looks the worse
  37. Jan 22, 2012

Rams extremely handsome, intelligent, gay and talented

Scott Parker has probably said something to him earlier and he's trying to 'sneakily' retaliate. I don't think it's as bad as it looks because he's he's got his back towards Parker and isn't looking where he's kicking out.
  38. Jan 22, 2012

MrMarcello Full Member

Because size is everything when twatting someone in the face. :rolleyes:
  39. Jan 22, 2012

africanspur Full Member

Having been utter shit for over a decade, I'd forgotten how painful decisions like that can be. When the ref screws you over but you're fighting to finish 11th rather than 12th, you really don't care all that much. When you're right at the top and decisions like that can potentially affect seasons, it hurts all the more.

Probably sound a bit dramatic but I think the result today effectively extinguishes our title challenge and is a huge step for City to claim it.

With regards to Modric, that is true but unless its something done on him, he doesn't really tend to claim for anything from the ref, he's usually quite quiet.
  40. Jan 22, 2012

Stack Leave Pep Guardiola alone!!!

I liked him, thought he was a bit mad but the game needs mad players. Now I don't want a bar of him, hate that sort of cowardice. Looks deliberate to me. What a cnut.