1. United Hour Podcast: The First Wobble
    Dismiss Notice

Bayern Munich 2018

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by Adisa, Oct 7, 2018.

1. Mar 14, 2019

schwalbe Full Member

Supports:
    Fc Bayern München
    Kovac makes the squad look worse than it is, even though it still needs some work over the next years.

I'm very excited to see what will happen in the summer, knowing that Kovac will be there for at least another year clouds my anticipation though.

Pavard, Hernandez, Hudson-Odoi, James/Havertz in, Ribery, Robben, Hummels/Boateng, Sanches out seems realistic for me. I don't expect more than that to happen, even though a more proven winger would make sense.

In the end, Kovac will still be coach so we'll win the Bundesliga comfortably but get kicked out of the CL as soon as we meet a team with a better squad or with a manager who actually knows what he's doing.
  2. Mar 14, 2019

Grande Full Member

That’s a tough trio to beat for genes, tbh.
  3. Mar 14, 2019

mariachi-19 Full Member

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
    Kloop is not an attractive manager. You've won feck all with him and he's won next to feck all since 2012. Stop trying to big him up as being anything like Guardiola
  4. Mar 15, 2019
    Then please explain why Van Dijk joined Liverpool over Man City or Chelsea? You may not like Klopp, but he is a very good man manager and has his players' trust. Brendan Rodgers could not have attracted players like Salah, Mane or Van Dijk.

And if winning nothing makes a manager less attractive, wait till Ole gets difficulties to attract good players to your club. A Mourinho could attract Pogba, which Ole can't.
  5. Mar 15, 2019

MikeKing Full Member

Supports:
    Bournemouth
    So much wrong with this. First off, Liverpool paid a lot of money for those players and have had a history with buying from Southampton. Salah was seen as a previous Chelsea flop that gained form in another league so Liverpool taking a punt on him was seen as a natural next step. Also, they paid a lot of money for them. Rodgers probably wouldn't have bought those exact players from Southampton but someone else from there surely.

Second. Ole worked with Pogba as a coach in United many years ago, so I'm sure Ole would be able to charm and attract Pogba. Ole will probably end this season with a trophy while Klopp will not, because the first guy manages United, the second guy Liverpool. If we are to base it on what has happened the last 5 years.
  6. Mar 15, 2019
    (1) Rodger's buying record is there for all to see.
    (2) Man City was interested definitely in Van Dijk but he chose to go for Klopp. If we are talking about wages, City or United can definitely pay more.
    (3) The transfer money paid to clubs does not go to the players. The player needs to agree before a transfer happens.
    (4) Regarding Ole, we can revert back after next summer window.
  7. Mar 15, 2019

MikeKing Full Member

Supports:
    Bournemouth
    Touched a nerve there did I. I'm joking. You have a few good points... Attracting players shouldn't be a problem for United, we do offer trophies and can pay more, and as far as Ole he would be able to attract Pogba. One of the best midfielders in the world and he would be able to buy him for us, which you said he wouldn't be able to, but he would. Anyways, don't want to derail the thread. I think Bayern deserved to win over the two legs.
  8. Mar 15, 2019
    I am really sorry for the last part. It was rude and I removed it for that reason. But you got me before. :nervous:
    Anyway, regarding Ole, I don't think we will see what happens. I have already asked the mods to remove my account and I hope they do. Good bye to all of you here, and I apologise for any unintended arrogance.
  9. Mar 15, 2019

MikeKing Full Member

Supports:
    Bournemouth
    That's fine, it gets a bit hot sometimes. Probably not the first Liverpool fan to get a bit sick of hanging around a rival forum, you are bound to get a bit of arrogance and intended ignorance sometimes;) If it is unintended on your part, you shouldn't worry about it.
  10. Mar 15, 2019

NoPace Full Member

5 at the back could save you in the CL with those transfers. Alaba-Pavard-Sule-Hummels-Kimmich would be formidable, Lewandowski could get a real partner up top (whether that's a winger like Coman/Gnabry/Hudson-Odoi or a 10 like James/Havertz) that he might need at this point in his career to really impact CL knockout games and it would suit Goretzka too, pushing forward in a trio with Thiago and Javi M holding more.