Bayern Munich 2018

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by Adisa, Oct 7, 2018.

1. Jan 9, 2019

Zlatattack Full Member

Good on him for saying what's on his mind. I get those people who dislike fooballers for having wealth and showing off about it.
  2. Jan 9, 2019

André Dominguez Full Member

Supports:
    Benfica, Académica
    So, you enjoy watching a league where you root for no team?
  3. Jan 9, 2019

Cloud7 Full Member

No I enjoy watching football, so I enjoy watching the high quality of football in La Liga regardless of who’s playing, I just have a preference for either of the big two losing, but don’t actually care if it doesn’t happen. I still get to watch some good football.

My post was more me being facetious about the poster saying you get bored of a league if you don’t support a team in it, than anything else.
  4. Jan 9, 2019

Cloud7 Full Member

Yeah. I watch La Liga and Serie A when there’s an interesting match on without really rooting for anyone in particular. Football is an enjoyable sport to watch.
  5. Jan 9, 2019

Don Alfredo Full Member

Supports:
    Germany
    I actually think your approach is very sensible, where you pick one team to root for in each league and stick by it. You can also enjoy the football at play and just having some mild preferences for some players / coaches.

I just challenged the notion to have enjoyment by rooting for the losing side most of the time. I mean I don't enjoy watching Juventus play and I don't want them to win most of the time, but I would never watch their matches against some random mid table side I have no connection to, just to end up disappointed that they won yet again. Sounds like a massive waste of time to me.
  6. Jan 9, 2019

LoveFootball Banned

I frequently watch PL, La Liga and French League and little of Bundesliga and Italian league and apart from Manchester United I don't support any other team else. I like Barca thought because of Messi but I can't say that I support them as many times I want them to lose so that I can laugh at my friends. I like to watch every team that play good football but can't label that interest as support. Picking a side doesn't mean supporting them. Most of us picked City against Liverpool and want them to do well to prevent Liverpool from winning the title, do you think we've became City fans?
  7. Jan 9, 2019

Supports:
    Benfica, Académica
    But that's only watching the most mediatic matches, not really following the league as you would follow your national league. So, it's kinda natural that you don't support any team.

A lot of people follow other leagues in the same manner they follow their national leagues, and you can only do this if you pick a side. A bit like happens at the WC or Euro
  8. Jan 9, 2019

Supports:
    Benfica, Académica
    Ehehe. Rooting for the underdogs it's kidna fun, because you can feel their struggle on the pitch.

But you mention one thing I forgot: people like to support their favourite players.
  9. Jan 9, 2019

Supports:
    Benfica, Académica
    It's fine by me. In a game where you don't have "sympathy" for any team, you eventually become a 90 mins fan ehehhe

But as I told you, for people who follow several leagues (and when i say follow I say they know the standings, results, and most of the players of almost every team) makes sense to support a team.

If other people enjoy following other leagues results and standings without caring about who wins/loose/gets demoted, is also fine by me.
  10. Jan 9, 2019

Acrobat7 Full Member

I can guarantee you, that Dortmund won’t dominate the league „for a couple of years“.
    Bayern is too wealthy to not attract the best players and they will eventually get a coach who is up to their standards again.
  11. Jan 10, 2019

KingMinger22 City >>> United. Moaning twat

I predict that Liverpool will thrash them.
  12. Jan 10, 2019

Patrick08 Full Member

Too wealthy? Their attitude in the market is completely the opposite though. You can't get elite players without spending these days now.
  13. Jan 10, 2019

roonster09 Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018

Do big clubs sign elite players or they sign players who have so much potential and play them? There are obviously few elite players who moved but when you see, most of the signings are when player is about to hit the peak or player who shows lot of promise.

For example, Ramos, Varane, Carvajal, Marcelo, Modric, Benzema were not elite players when Madrid signed them but they were all Elite players during their time at Madrid.

Same in the case of Bayern. Robben, Ribery, Boateng, Neuer, Martinez were not all elite players. They had potential and Bayern signed him.

Don't know when this trend started, that clubs should buy best players all the time.
  14. Jan 10, 2019

Acrobat7 Full Member

Compare their wealth to Dortmund and other BuLi clubs. The poster said the he expects Dortmund to dominate for a couple of years. That is just (wishful?) thinking.
  15. Jan 10, 2019

trailertrash New Member

Supports:
    Bayern Munich
    He might not be wrong as i'm not expecting our F.O to fire Kovac as they've hyped him up in public on many occasions. The thing is that i don't think Kovac is decent enough to elevate our level, even with new signings... He is pretty stubborn and it really says it all when James is not getting full minutes. He's had some injuries, but there've been rumors that he isn't happy with his playing time and i don't blame him. Things are about to get very bad, when we ship James back to Real Madrid. Also i have doubts over Kovac's ability to develop young players as his Eintracht team was pretty old.
    Dortmund on the other hand has very nice squad depth and their scouting seems to be on point. Favre is also doing a decent job and there's definitely something in that team.
  16. Jan 11, 2019

Keeps It tidy Hates Messi

17. Jan 11, 2019

Don Alfredo Full Member

Supports:
    Germany
    What the feck? Why would you appeal that? The kick was horrible and 2 games ban is very lucky, 3 would be fair as well
  18. Jan 11, 2019

Peyroteo Professional Ronaldo PR Guy

Supports:
    Sporting CP
    Should be a one game suspension only, it was obviously accidental.

Champions League bans don't work the same way as league bans.