Berbatov

Discussion in 'Manchester United Forum' started by Foxbatt, Nov 1, 2017.

1. Nov 1, 2017

Foxbatt Full Member

I saw Berba and Scholes on last night. He was very good and we need to see him more. Very laconic in his own way.
    I also like the way he said we want to win everything and pointing to Scholes. He also highlighted the fact he would rather win ugly and said that they won 1-0 plenty of times when he played for us rather than play beautiful and not win anything.
    What I would give for a player of his ability at United. The man could come now in the later part of the match and keep the ball all to himself.
  2. Nov 1, 2017

SATA Full Member

Speaks absolute sense and has a good sense of humour. He's still very much a United fan when he points to himself and Scholesy about wanting United to win things :drool:

Apparently he's going to continue his career in India and playing alongside Wes Brown!
  3. Nov 1, 2017

Vault Dweller Full Member

What an utterly beautiful player he was :drool: his hat-trick and overhead kick v Liverpool are some of my favorite moments over the last 10 years or so.

I thought he was excellent last night in his punditry too. Dead on saying that he would rather win 1-0 ugly than play beautifully and lose. As @SATA said you could tell watching he still has affinity for the club :drool: would love to see more of him when he is not playing in India.
  4. Nov 1, 2017

Foxbatt Full Member

They will love him there. They love skills there. I just had a look at his new club. They average over 50,000 per game. That is a lot more than some PL clubs.
  5. Nov 1, 2017

Raees Boing Boing Baggies

He is a beautiful man and a solid pundit, seems to have a good brain for the game and talked sense. Would like to see more of him.
  6. Nov 1, 2017

el3mel Full Member

Was always class on and off the pitch. Very likable player and character.
  7. Nov 1, 2017

VeevaVee despite the protests, wears Ugg boots

Loved him when he had his good days, but wouldn't have him in this side. His inconsistency was covered by the rest of the team being good. Now everyone is inconsistent and he'd add to it.

Was great to see him on there though, and he looked sharp as per.
  8. Nov 1, 2017

BennyBlanco fixated with Shaw's bum

If I ever need a hairtransplant I want the guy who did his, looks great. :D
    But yeah, he was a fun pundit last night. In an odd way I feel his style would have suited the slower build up football we played under LvG more-so than Sir Alex. Could have really been the creative spark we were desperately missing.
  9. Nov 1, 2017

red thru&thru Full Member

Berba is a great example ofhow short a fans memory is. Most used to slate him because of his lack of work rate. Now he’s praised.

Great silky player nonetheless.

Ps, this post is not a dig at any of the guys who’ve posted in here. Just a general comment.
  10. Nov 1, 2017

Arbitrium Full Member

No he always divided opinion and understanably so.

There were those that just loved him because he oozed class and his technique was above anyone else.

Others hated that he was at times a luxury player not putting in as much effort as others.
  11. Nov 1, 2017

Agree.

Worst thing for him was that he came to replace a work horse...Tevez.
  12. Nov 1, 2017

Foxbatt Full Member

But without him we would not have won the PL when Rooney got injured and he scored all those goals. Tevez was all running most of the time. He refused to sign the contract that United offered him and went to big money at City. While Berbatov refused the big money offered by City and wanted to play for us. Huge difference as he wanted to play for United.
  13. Nov 1, 2017

Jim Beam Full Member

He was spot on with his comments last night.

Personally, always loved him as a player. Shame it didn't click properly.
  14. Nov 1, 2017

coolredwine lameredboots

Football is very popular in that region. The stadium where the team plays can host 85k at full capacity.

I hope Berbatov plays well and isn't only for the paycheck.
  15. Nov 1, 2017

You misunderstood the post... I was talking in regards to Berba’s lack of effort was highlighted more, as he was replacing a guy who was tireless in his running.
  16. Nov 1, 2017

Acole9 Outstanding

Enjoyed his punditry on bt last night.
  17. Nov 1, 2017

Red Katie The least positive person in match threads ever

I need a picture.
  18. Nov 1, 2017

KTP_ZA New Member

Personally loved him as a player even if he didn't run around a lot etc. Always had an insane first touch, loved watching him kill long balls dead or control something dropping out the sky with such ease. It was a shame that more often than not he was compared to Tevez but they are two vastly different players with different strengths etc.
  19. Nov 1, 2017

lsd Full Member

Seriously having a laugh if your trying to say Tevez with the career he has had was just a workhorse compared to Berbatov

I know berbatov fans desperately try and forget all his bad faults lack of effort not wanting to change his game for utd even though much bigger and better players did when they came to utd .
  20. Nov 1, 2017

el3mel Full Member

If I have to choose between Tevez and Berba, I'll choose Tevez, but that doesn't mean Berba wasn't class in what he was doing on the pitch. He was about flicks and skills with ball rather than being a running workhorse. Each one prefers certain style and I myself prefers the players that run a lot and get the defenders knackered during the game but I appreciate what Berba was bringing to our game whenever played.
  21. Nov 1, 2017

Djemba-Djemba Full Member

My problem with Berbatov wasn't that he "didn't run around enough".

It was more him never performing in a big game, bar against Woy's Liverpool, and regularly going weeks without scoring. Just in general not scoring enough really.

Was nice to see him last night though, clearly still a Utd fan.
  22. Nov 1, 2017

BerbaDean Full Member

I've only just peeled myself off the sofa, he is such a hunk.

Also, did anyone see his video before the show....

23. Nov 1, 2017

Scarecrow Requested ban until 08/02/2018

He had the one press conference in Bulgaria where he said he felt humiliated and very disappointed after the CL final, which was completely normal if you ask me, and that was picked up as a full blown attack on SAF by the english media. In reality, he was visibly gutted when he said that but he kept it all very civil and respectful and didn't blame anyone. Ever since, he's had only good words to say about United and SAF and it's so obvious that he's a massive fan and incredibly proud of playing for us. He's said multiple times that playing for United is by far the biggest achievement of his career and that SAF is the greatest manager of all time.
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2017
  24. Nov 1, 2017

BennyBlanco fixated with Shaw's bum

[​IMG]
  25. Nov 1, 2017

Foxbatt Full Member

I think he played to his strengths. Berbatov was never about running. He was a different player. Both had their faults and merits. To me I would chose Berbatov as he had qualities that no one had. It was a pity that they were not able to play together. Tevez may have enjoyed his football more if he had someone like Berbatov to create for him like Robbie Keane had him at Spurs. Berbatov is not quick enough to play a lone man striker and that was his problem. When you have Andy Reid keeping up with you then you know he has no pace at all.
    I remember him coming on I think it was for Owen in an important group match in the CL. We were all over the place when he came on. He instantly got the game under control and we won that game. Yes it is a great pity that SAF left him out of the Final. We may have not won it but he surely would have kept hold of the ball and make it difficult for Barca.
  26. Nov 1, 2017

RobinHood New Member

:D Still looks like a vampire.

As many others have said before me, love the guy. What a first touch!
  27. Nov 1, 2017

meamth Full Member

People forgot his holding up and playmaking skills are one of the best I have ever seen from a languid forward. Some of his outside food through balls are just mouth watering. Just class.
  28. Nov 1, 2017

Skubah New Member

As frustrating as we was at times I absolutely loved him here. His first touch is up there with one of the best I have ever seen in football and technically was on another level as well. You honestly never knew what was coming once the ball came too him and in terms of entertainment he produced some absolute wonders for us on his day ( The "Berbaspin" against West Ham, 5 Against Blackburn, a few overhead kicks including the hat trick against Liverpool and many others). One of my favorite players in recent times and glad hes still playing.

If he had the drive and the work rate of lets say a Ronaldo then honestly I think he could have been one of the best players around at the time. He had the ability there is no denying that but it was other factors that denied him potential to be what he should have been.

Nonetheless i have nothing but fond memories of him now. Wish him all the best at his new club and hopefully see more of him soon. A class man off and on the pitch!

P.S anyone seen that goal he scored for Monaco when he chipped the goal keeper? those are the type of goals that make him special.
  29. Nov 1, 2017

Robindinho New Member

Berb :drool: Don’t care what anyone says, I loved him when he was here.
  30. Nov 1, 2017

Varun Moderator Staff

Don't turn this into a tevez vs berba thread.
  31. Nov 1, 2017

RedDevil@84 Full Member

Around 0:25

32. Nov 1, 2017

meamth Full Member

What makes him even more special is his style. It's one of a kind, i mean no other player combines languid and technique as their main attributes. A true virtuoso!
    No contest, without a doubt, the greatest lazy footballer of all time. (he's not lazy, it's a myth)
  33. Nov 1, 2017

Bojan11 Full Member

Still cannot forget that comeback against Spurs from 2-0 down, I know there was a slightly dubious pen for the first goal. But forward line Rooney-Tevez-Berba-Ronaldo.
  34. Nov 1, 2017

Andersons Dietician Full Member

Supports:
    Supports good football
    I’m trying to figure out who did Contes as if I need the same that’s where I’m heading. Apparently it’s cheaper to get it done in Turkey tho. Supposedly somewhere between 6-8k in the UK and is something like 3-4k including a holiday to Turkey. This guy I know got it done out there and it looks pretty good.

On Berba I always remeber that turn on the byline before he got an assist for Ronaldo. Stopped the ball on the line, turns then shifts it away from the attacker whilst he’s off the pitch pretty much. That was a thing of beauty and something I try all the time along with that Bergkamp spin when in those positions.
  35. Nov 1, 2017

Red Katie The least positive person in match threads ever

Looking good.
  36. Nov 1, 2017

Raoul Admin Staff

Pure sex
  37. Nov 1, 2017

OT1214 New Member

He is gonna play for my local team in Indian Super league this season :drool:
  38. Nov 1, 2017

M Bison Full Member

Supports:
    York City
    His comment last night on Bailly's shoulder charge and that the Benfica lad needed to get in the gym made me laugh, he also said something about someone doing it to him they'd be going the other way. Seemed a good sport.
  39. Nov 1, 2017

Eh? Really don’t understand your post. Where was I indicating that all Tevez was, was a workhorse?

And completely don’t understand your last paragraph.
  40. Nov 1, 2017

K2K Full Member

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
    Tevez was benched for most of his final season.

Can't blame him.