Bruno Fernandes | City doing a Sanchez - Never wanted him anyway

Discussion in 'Transfer Forum' started by Walters_19_MuFc, Mar 24, 2019.

1. May 10, 2019

Adnan Full Member

I do believe our team is much better than what we've seen in the last few months, and even under Mourinho. You'll see a much improved team after a good pre-season under their belt. Because right now quite frankly, alot of them can't maintain the intensity to replicate the performances of Ole's first ten games in charge. And also we had a very bad transfer window last summer with only Fred and a teenage fullback coming in, which made it even worse.

Until we fix the engine of the team and also have capable fullbacks going forward, we'll look disjointed in attack with limited passing options.
  2. May 10, 2019

Inigo Montoya Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!

That is in the Portuguese league though. I know players have stepped up:Neves,Ronnie etc.

Just paying Devils Advocate;)
  3. May 10, 2019

Classical Mechanic Full Member

I really like whoscored and like looking at how they rate players. You see plenty of player's 'strengths' start to disappear on there when they move to a better league. It's easier to look good against weaker opposition of course.

The trick is finding the players that can step up, easier said than done. That's why I'm very sceptical of a fee north of £50m.
  4. May 10, 2019

roonster09 Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018 Scout

Then not sure why you said "Until we sort our engine room and have comparable fullbacks, then signing a #10 from the Portuguese league will have very little impact on us going forward."

Him coming for Portugese league means nothing. Also just because we have issues with Engine room and FB position doesn't mean we have to ignore other problems too. We have Lingard or Mata playing as #10 behind strikers in 4-3-1-2 formation. Bruno should be championship level to not improve us in that position.

If we are going by the people who watch him week in week out, the rating is good. To help the case, according to @SportingCP96 his work rate is very good. These are the kind of players who will help us.
  5. May 10, 2019

Inigo Montoya Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!

I think in a reverse way, the fact that we haven't qualified for UCL and are rebuilding, as well as 4 English teams are contesting the European finals, will alert teams to the PL and just inflate prices.

I hope I'm wrong but I just can't see fees dropping. But your'e right anyhting over £50m for him should be viewed sceptically. Look how much we paid for Fred
  6. May 10, 2019

red_de_pologne New Member

Yeah we should be making those type of signings for £40m or thereabouts, so there isn't so much risk and still good resale value.
  7. May 10, 2019

The Nani Full Member

Caf swings and roundabouts.

He was a top class talent we were missing out on when City were supposedly in for him. :lol:
  8. May 10, 2019

Swearing Budgie New Member

Building from a position of strength is something City have done for years. Gutting.
  9. May 10, 2019

KM I’m afraid I just blue myself Staff

Yup. The turnaround in this thread has been amazing.
  10. May 10, 2019

Lash Full Member

Supports:
    Millwall, Saint-Etienne
    It would be north of 50m euros, not pounds, if not 50. Which is only £43m at the moment. I think that would be a fair price for him.
  11. May 10, 2019

Adnan Full Member

The reference to Felix was due to you insiniuating that I thought players from the Portuguese league weren't of the required standard.

I actually don't think he's very good apart from him having fantastic shooting ability. There's even a Sporting fan on here who thinks he's being overated by the user you tagged. He's put up good numbers for sure which is impressive. But it seems most are getting sucked in due to those numbers and what they've seen on YouTube in a league that isn't very strong. If his goals dry up, then you're left with another Paul Dickov, ex Arsenal and City player. I fully expect to hear that Wolves have agreed to sign him in the coming days or weeks.
  12. May 10, 2019

Litch Full Member

Toss a coin is about as scientific as it predicting this type of signing. The biggest problem for any signing for Utd is the weight of expectation once you put on that shirt. It weighs even heavier as fans no longer give new players to the league bedding in time. Look what horrendous time Lindelof had on here initially and Fred now the same.
  13. May 10, 2019

And your rating is based on watching him playing in full games?
  14. May 10, 2019

Adnan Full Member

I've watched him play around a dozen times. I actually have followed the progress of SCP ever since we signed Ronaldo believe it or not. Miguel Veloso, Carlos Martins, Hugo Viana, Ricardo Quaresma, Fabio Paim and Moutinho were all highly rated young players that were lauded by many when they were coming through the excellent SCP youth system. But only one really lived upto his potential when he left SCP.
  15. May 10, 2019

There are 100s of players who were hyped from Benfica but you still want Felix. Each player is different, not sure why you applying some generic rule for all players.
  16. May 10, 2019

Adnan Full Member

It's not a rule. Just making you aware that SCP is a club I know alittle about. Even William Carvalho I didn't rate when he was linked to us. But that doesn't mean I'm gonna be correct on Bruno of course.

I don't think SLB have had a young player as highly rated as Felix since the legendary Rui Costa.
  17. May 10, 2019

ArjenIsM3 Full Member

To be fair if Wolves keep up their excellent scouting they're going to end up finishing above us next season. They play some very good footy. Their midfield is better than ours already.
  18. May 10, 2019

Adnan Full Member

Everton and Leicester too..
  19. May 10, 2019

Kaglish10 Full Member

What I find odd is the statement that he's been man marked whereas I saw him in open space several times in all of his compilation highlight whereas you could see Felix and Tonali being man marked in their compilation highlight. Also his ball control and agility doesn't seem impressive to me. He looks like a poor man's Gylfi sigurdsson to me. We are better going for Gylfi than him if all we want is a goal scoring midfielder with long ball and hoofing.
  20. May 10, 2019

The Nani Full Member

There was once a lad who actually played the wings and the piano for us you know.

And Moutinho and Veloso were good enough for top sides. Never understood why they didn’t get big moves.

It’s unfortunate for Sporting that after some barren years the fans went mad when they actually had some proper talent in the squad.
  21. May 10, 2019

Adnan Full Member

Moutinho did get a big move to former European Champions Porto.:D
  22. May 10, 2019

flappyjay Full Member

I think we need Neves added to the squad if do sign Bruno
  23. May 10, 2019

The Nani Full Member

Yeah, that was a weird one wasn’t it. I always thought Moutinho was the closest thing to Modric going though.
  24. May 10, 2019

crossy1686 Full Member

I wouldn't mind both. They're both better than what we currently have
  25. May 10, 2019

Adnan Full Member

An absolute gem of a player. Carried the Wolves midfield on his back at times..
  26. May 10, 2019

giorno Full Member

Supports:
    Real Madrid
    @devilish
    That second post you quoted is not mine...:confused::confused::confused:
  27. May 10, 2019

giorno Full Member

Supports:
    Real Madrid
    Really???? Because i saw him at genoa and no, no, no. He was/is too slow for serie A, nevermind a top side

Moutinho had a good career though. Monaco signed him in their short-lived sugar-daddy effort
  28. May 10, 2019

UNITED ACADEMY New Member

Never watch this guy play. But, Do you think he can play front three as a false 9, the same role where Firmino is playing at Liverpool?

His end product & vision seems to be very good but just wondering about his off ball movement & work rate or whether he can play in that role.
  29. May 10, 2019

GifLord The gif that keeps on giffing

Veloso was hyped up way before he went to Genoa. I think Utd were even linked with him a few years before that.
  30. May 10, 2019

giorno Full Member

Supports:
    Real Madrid
    Hype and reality are different things though. Veloso was 24 when he signed for Genoa. That was NOT a player good enough for a top side. Nowhere near
  31. May 10, 2019

You might not rate him but he was my first signing in most of old FMs. What a beast of a player. Always wanted us to sign him and Moutinho based on FM game.

Btw, did you watch Bruno Fernandes when he played in Serie A? If so, how did he play.
  32. May 10, 2019

André Dominguez Full Member

Supports:
    Benfica, Académica
    Moutinho is a non-stop midfielder. Determined, aggressive, accurate passing, keen to make some shots and despite his small frame he's actually the one who bullies the other midfielders.

He only didn't went to Spurs because a third-party had a large percentage of his football rights.
  33. May 10, 2019

giorno Full Member

Supports:
    Real Madrid
    :lol:

Young. Talented and inconsistent. Low work rate and very much a highlight player. But again, very young. Most big clubs were interested. Inter nearly signed him, and seeing go to Sporting was a shock
  34. May 10, 2019

Interesting, Sporting fan was raving about work rate.
  35. May 10, 2019

giorno Full Member

Supports:
    Real Madrid
    I imagine he's quite a different player at 25 than he was at 20
  36. May 10, 2019

MaxiPaxi likes to shove his mum's boiled eggs up his rectum

Said that we agreed a deal in principle for Dybala as well.
  37. May 10, 2019

SportingCP96 Full Member

Supports:
    Sporting Clube de Portugal
    He is much better than gylfi. Everton is Sigyrdsson ceiling but not Bruno Fernandes.
  38. May 10, 2019

SportingCP96 Full Member

Supports:
    Veloso showed promise early on but he never showed enough to warrant a move to a top top side. As for Moutinho anyone with half a brain can see how good he was/is he could have easily slotted into the midfield of Barca and played exceptionally well. Him joining Porto after being our youngest captain ever was the biggest stab in the back. Nonetheless he easily could of started in any club in England. Even currently I can argue he has been better than any midfielder at United, Chelsea, or Arsenal.
  39. May 10, 2019

SportingCP96 Full Member

Supports:
    So Sporting and Manchester City have signed an alliance agreement where their scouts and the department will work together to fine the best talents but it won't be a satellite club situation. Sporting and Manchester City will both own percentages of the passes of the players.

Bruno Fernandes IS NOT included in this alliance per news media outlet Record.
  40. May 10, 2019

pocco loco

Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
    What's looking the most likely outcome for Bruno Fernandes now then? Still feel like something might happen with City if they're striking up these sort of partnerships.