BT Sport

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by 100, Dec 14, 2016.

1. Feb 16, 2017

Jarman New Member

I just can't get over how terrible this whole BT comentry and pundit team are. It is actually painful to listen to every single one of them. Probably the most expensively assembled team ever sounding so much on the European football and we are served up this gash.

I don't know why I get so frustrated with them but I'm at the point I'm close to watching a stream rather than my tv (I should really just mute).

The final straw is when they occasionally get mcmanaman to commentate in our games.
  2. Feb 16, 2017

Hugh Jass Full Member

Love my Bt account. 225 euro a year. Much cheaper than sky.
  3. Feb 16, 2017

Irrational. Full Member

:lol::lol:
  4. Feb 16, 2017

Irrational. Full Member

I thought Ballack on there yesterday was pretty good, but kept getting interrupted by the nonsensical ramblings of Martin Keown.
  5. Feb 16, 2017

lewwoo Full Member

I'm glad I dont pay for this shite. Its bad enough watching it for free.
  6. Feb 16, 2017

Attila Full Member

Supports:
    Trad Bricks
    Jake Humpries is very annoying
  7. Feb 16, 2017

drdoityourself Full Member

What an awful commentary. All focus on fouls and referees decisions and creating controversy even when there isn't any. 10x rewinding some fouls but giving little room for the things people like to see, like the amazing runs by Martial.
  8. Feb 16, 2017

Jazz Full Member

:lol:
  9. Feb 16, 2017

Giant Midget Aka - rooney_10119

Robbie Savage, feck me. Just shut up, man.
  10. Feb 16, 2017

Acole9 Outstanding

The commentator called them Paris Saint Germain at one point, the mans obsessed.
  11. Feb 17, 2017

noodlehair "It's like..."

"It was the battle of the two Pogba's, and the winner was very clearly Zlatan Ibrahimovic"...erm

Also enjoyed St Etienne magically becoming PSG...the pointless mention of Pogba playing in the Champions league causing Ian Darke to confuse himself about that and the Europa League not being the same competitiion. Robbie Savage correctly "predicting" Rashford would be brought on, after he was called back to the bench to get changed and come on.

Michael Owen arguing that Pogba coudn't be criticised for not scoring his headed chance, whilst, at the exact same time, criticising Pogba for not scoring his headed chance. Not sure how that's even possible but he managed to do it.

Ian Darke had taken too much sugar before the game or something. He commentated not only on the game but also on about 50 other past games of varying relevance that he felt the need to keep bringing up, incuding in depth analysis of a game that took place in Plymouth 40 years ago.
  12. Feb 17, 2017

stevoc Full Member

I get this shite for free in HD and i still prefer to just watch a stream. Watched a bit of the 2nd half on BT, still terrible.
  13. Feb 17, 2017

jymufc20 New Member

Ian darke seemed to have an orgasm any time a player came into the final third the tool.
  14. Feb 17, 2017

DanNistelrooy Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017

Came in to mention the PSG reference , Darke spent the whole game spewing nonsense.

At one point he talked about how United haven't conceded a goal at home in the Europa League this season including a couple of 4-0 wins. Am I imagining RVP scoring a consolation for Fener!?
  15. Feb 17, 2017

Stookie Nurse bell end

Awful channel. I refuse to pay for it which ultimately means unless Im off to the match i am missing it. And that pisses me off as I cant afford it. My love for football is slowly being squeezed out of me by these leach companies. I can see myself totally walking away from football within the next couple of years if nothing changes.
  16. Feb 17, 2017

sincher "I will cry if Rooney leaves"

I like Ian Darke (sorta friend of my dad's so biased), but yes, he had clearly eaten too many ginger nuts last night. And he seemed to want Martial sent off, which is bang out of order Donnian Darko.
  17. Feb 17, 2017

noodlehair "It's like..."

The upside to it is that he was talking nonsense so much, Robbie Savage struggled to get a word in. Although when Robbie Savage is having to talk reason at you, it's also definitely time to shut up.
  18. Feb 17, 2017

Unmutual Full Member

I have to say, the commentators and such are annoying. But their iPhone/iPad app is really superb on European nights.

It basically makes every game streamable and lets you pause and rewind any of them on the fly. So you can switch to any other game, then rewind to goals or incidents, which are marked in the timeline. It'll also give you alerts whenever anyone scores in any game, and if you click on it, it overlays the goal just scored. That's great like on Wednesday when the goals are flying in.
  19. Feb 17, 2017

Robertd0803 Full Member

There was one point last night where something minor happened and no mention of it made in live commentary but on seeing the replay Ian Darke went mad and started spouting ''should it be red'' or some nonsense in his over excited shouting voice. Robbie Savage nonchalantly dismisses it while probably thinking ''shut up you clown''.

Terrible commentary last night, I remember I used to like Ian Darkes commentary at one point in time. Don't like BT, don't like their coverage and hate the fact they have no Android app like Sky Go.
  20. Feb 17, 2017

SteveTheRed Full Member

The app is class, and I don't mind the BT Score Center or whatever it's called if I'm about the house on a Saturday.

That post match talk last night was fecking dreadful, comes to something when your actually waiting to see what Owen thinks.
  21. Feb 17, 2017

DWelbz19 Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

The part that really annoyed me was the "WHOA!!!!" by the commentator who wasn't Robbie Savage when Martial accidentally hit the St Etienne defender in the face. Calm down, you tit.
  22. Feb 17, 2017

acrebo Full Member

I dunno, I would imagine that blind people really benefit from Savage's commentary style of "describe everything that is happening on the pitch without providing any sensible analysis".

I did enjoy the inner turmoil Savage had to deal by (correctly) arguing Ibra's free kick wasn't a free kick and then trying to suggest Blind should've conceded a penalty for no contact on a player who fell over. You could tell he knew he was being contradictory but couldn't avoid trying to create controversy.
  23. Feb 17, 2017

seaNNN my posts are shite but my gobbles are alright

What do you mean they have no android app like sky go? what is wrong with the android app they have that makes it different to sky go? I never had any issues with the app when I was on android.
  24. Feb 17, 2017

SammyUnited_83 Full Member

Their android app is superb, puts Sky Go to shame?!

Re Ian Darke, I think he is superb, always remember him from the boxing, at least he adds a bit of drama!
  25. Feb 17, 2017

Robertd0803 Full Member

I don't think you can get it in Ireland.

*EDIT* yeah just confirmed that its not downloadable here.
  26. Feb 17, 2017

LFC-Fans Banned

Supports:
    Liverpool
    There's so many games I've missed because of BT. Is it worth getting over Sky?
  27. Feb 17, 2017

quethenoo Full Member

BT really is awful in general, SKY's coverage is much better IMO. I even prefer NBCSN.
  28. Feb 17, 2017

Massive Spanner Thinks Geoff Shreeves has one

Their coverage is brilliant. All the goals at half time, they switch to other games to see the end of them, they show the rest of the goals at the end. They don't do any of the milk-it bullshit the other studios do, they just show what you want to see.
  29. Feb 17, 2017

Zoo Full Member

Probably not now considering Liverpool aren't in Europe or the FA Cup.
  30. Feb 17, 2017

MiceOnMeth New Member

I would too, except high quality streaming now exists free of charge :cool:
  31. Feb 17, 2017

quethenoo Full Member

Yeah it's very decent, very little filler and it helps that those rivers flow strong ;)
  32. Feb 17, 2017

Phurry Furry Fecker

The only reason I have it is because I get it free as a BT Infinity perk, no way I'd pay for it.
  33. Feb 17, 2017

Stookie Nurse bell end

Yeah I tried it but ended up with a virus and it can only have been from that. Plus there was advert upon advert, even thou I've got ad blocker on my iPad. I sacked streaming off after that.
  34. Feb 17, 2017

El Zoido Full Member

I'm going to cancel my subscription. I'd keep it if the commentry and coverage was any good, but I find it to be unbearably awful. I've watched games on mute and put some music on because I can't stand to listen to them. It is, without any doubt, the worst football coverage I've ever seen.
  35. Feb 18, 2017

Phurry Furry Fecker

Schoolboy error ;) There's a free app in the store that plays streams with no ads etc, I know it as Live Media Player because I've had it for several years but think the name may have changed now.
  36. Feb 19, 2017

dwd Saturday Night Spies

Darke again :(
  37. Feb 19, 2017

Acole9 Outstanding

Be thankful you can mute it some of us can't watch it because of the useless box, disgrace.
  38. Feb 19, 2017

dwd Saturday Night Spies

What box?
  39. Feb 19, 2017

PolzinW New Member

"The Rovers Return" says Darke... ffs
  40. Feb 19, 2017

Acole9 Outstanding

The one which comes with their broadband, they couldn't put it on the normal Sky box apparently...