Callum Hudson-Odoi | Hands in transfer request

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by charlenefan, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Jan 8, 2019

Red00012 New Member

Solanke has one goal and gets a 20 mill fee surely he’s worth a punt at 30mill?
  2. Jan 8, 2019

Utdstar01 Full Member

I agree, he's had a fair few games but perhaps a case of too little too late? Sarri made critical comments on him right at the beginning of the season and that I imagine could've given a negative impression. Chelsea's reputation with youngsters potentially coming back to haunt them with this one. Be unfortunate because I'd like to see him develop in the premier league and you'd have to say it could potentially be Pedro and Willian's last seasons in the premier league.
  3. Jan 8, 2019

sincher "I will cry if Rooney leaves"

Interesting player, looks very promising but doesn't seem to play with much hunger. Maybe needs to move, but doubt Bayern is the right place for him.
  4. Jan 8, 2019

Sean_RedDevil Twitter bot

In that case a english club would buy him for 20-30m.
    I saw Salah against Wolves yesterday....."Did not look special to me".
  5. Jan 8, 2019

Utdstar01 Full Member

What do you mean? Play him with a striker and he'll create.
  6. Jan 8, 2019

Kentonio Full Member

He was a lot different in the last game against Forest. Much more adventurous and got 2 assists. With it being Spurs in a semi final he was probably trying to focus on playing carefully rather than really putting it out there. He's still very young.
  7. Jan 8, 2019

Have seen him a few times for England and for Chelsea and I think he has a real chance of being top class, but he just doesn't seem quite as hungry for the ball as he should be given his ability on it. I mean I am comparing against the likes of Giggs when he came through I suppose. I know what you mean about playing with a striker, and today I also wondered about his relationship with the other Chelsea players as they seemed genuinely reluctant to pass to him.
  8. Jan 8, 2019

All true. I missed the Forest game, though have seen him a few times. In some ways I am impressed with his maturity but there have been quite a few times where I have felt like screaming at him to run at defenders more.
  9. Jan 8, 2019

Utdstar01 Full Member

Yeah it could be the manager's message to keep a hold of the ball and play a little more conservatively. I think he could've been reluctant to play risky balls or crosses because of the lack of bodies in the box. I agree with you there, first half he was getting plenty of the ball. As soon as he was switched to the right in the second half, it seemed like they didn't want to pass to him.
  10. Jan 8, 2019

abdo99 Full Member

Why?
  11. Jan 8, 2019

charlenefan Far less insightful than the other Charley

I noticed it as well. I put it down to a youth team player being in the first team being a foreign concept to the Chelsea players thus it confused them as to what he was doing out there

;)
  12. Jan 8, 2019

Utdstar01 Full Member

Classic case of nani-osis.
  13. Jan 8, 2019

Keeps It tidy Hates Messi

They probably have not trained much with him.
  14. Jan 9, 2019

OutlawGER Full Member

Supports:
    Bayern München, 1. FC Köln
    German papers are talking about €39m right now. Would fit to us, we pay just under our record.

In Sanches' case we basically cheated it down with tons of bonusses added. So there could be some bonusses for Chelski too. But i think that's a lot of money for a 18 year old without any proffessional experience and a running down contract. We must really rate him very high.
  15. Jan 9, 2019

yumtum DUX' bumchum

To be fair the Sanches case was different, he played a full season for Benfica (impressing against you guys in the CL too) and had a decent euros (Or was it the world cup?) And was attracting interest from United which always increases the price.

So for CHO to go for €39m having played a handful of games is quite astonishing, I admittedly haven't seen much of him, about 4 games, but I wasn't blown away, but I'm sure Bayern have done their homework, and if he does turn out to be successful, I'd rather him at Bayern than Chelsea.
  16. Jan 9, 2019

RedCurry Full Member

He looked like he has good balance but never really saw him show his pace. Maybe it’s just that Spurs we’re defending deep. But if you’re playing as a wide forward, you have to be brisk. In the RW spot, he’s going to compete with Sancho for England and I am not sure if he’s got that pace to compete.
  17. Jan 9, 2019

kaiser1 New Member

Supports:
    Bayern Munich
    Robben and Ribery are leaving this summer, So his competition will be Gnabry, Coman(both who have poor injury record) and 18yr old Canadian Alphonso Davies
  18. Jan 9, 2019

RochaRoja Full Member

I wonder how England will manage him and Sancho both playing in the same position if he ends up justifying the hype.
  19. Jan 9, 2019

Keeps It tidy Hates Messi

And it looks like Bayern are going to try and replace Robben and Ribery with some combination of Coman, Gnarby, Davies and Hudson-Odoi. I think Coman is definitely good enough, I am not sure about Gnarby and I think it will take years for Davies and Hudson-Odoi to reach the required level if ever.
  20. Jan 9, 2019

Synco Full Member

Not a problem, as one of them can easily play on the left. Sancho has done so in the past for Dortmund; Hudson-Odoi started on the right wing today and switched to the left after Pedro was subbed on.

But Sterling has turned 24 only last month, so even if both youngsters make it he'll still be around for a long time.
  21. Jan 9, 2019

RochaRoja Full Member

Yeah, I still think Sterling is better starting from wide than where he played in the World Cup. He’s one of England’s two best players along with Kane so it still seems like they’d be competing for one spot.
  22. Jan 9, 2019

Suedesi Full Member

It's a low risk gamble for Bayern tbh. If it works out, great they've got a young player for a decade! If it doesn't, I'm sure they'll be able to sell to the premier league in 3 years for merely a 20% markup.
  23. Jan 9, 2019

UweBein Full Member

Supports:
    Chelsea
    I know, but we had Mourinho, right? At the time I was strongly against selling KdB. But, it still kind of worked out nicely for us.

Now, it just seems to me that that ship has already sailed. On top of that, IMO he does not look special, so take the 40m and give him a goodbye kiss. Just my opinion.
  24. Jan 9, 2019

In Rainbows Full Member

That entire age group is full of prodigious talents. It's why people call them or have been calling them a golden generation for like the past 3-4 years. I mean, just look at it. Sancho, Foden, Hudson Odoi, Gibbs White, Sessegnon brothers, Gomes, Smith Rowe, Skipp, and also other players who have yet to make their mark in Mceachran, Kirby, Oaklley Boothe (struggling I heard), etc...

Hudson Odoi did really well against our youth last season from what I remember.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/spielbericht/index/spielbericht/2764206
  25. Jan 9, 2019

Raees Legal Guardian of the Football forums

I wouldn’t mind this kid at United as a cut price alternative to a Sancho for the right wing issue. Looks a talent to me.

With regards to England I think Sancho from what I’ve seen needs to be on the right more whereas I think CHO looks like would be comfortable on either flank.
  26. Jan 9, 2019

Ekeke Full Member

Only saw the second half of the Chelsea Spurs match but something I noticed is that he seemed to have good composure in general play. Didnt try to do too much himself, was happy to play a calm pass into a teammate in a good position. Thats not always the case with young wingers with talent, they tend to want to make their own name by trying to do too much themselves
  27. Jan 9, 2019

GhastlyHun Full Member

Supports:
    Bayern München
    40M € for a kid basically without top flight football experience, what can go wrong.
  28. Jan 9, 2019

antihenry CAF GRU Rep

So do Chelsea. And Hazard may yet leave for Madrid.
  29. Jan 9, 2019

haram Full Member

It might not work out and then Bayern sell him for 20 million in a few years.
  30. Jan 9, 2019

roonster09 Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018

Nothing. Players like Ibe, Solanke have gone got 15-20 million, if the kid plays at decent level, Bayern can easily recoup lot of the investment.
  31. Jan 9, 2019

Ish Lights on for Luke

Aye, especially during a period when they're struggling in attack/for goals, and over reliant on Hazard because none of their other attackers are contributing much.
  32. Jan 9, 2019

Robbie Boy Full Member

He will have big boots to fill attempting to emulate Dale Jennings at Bayern.
  33. Jan 9, 2019

Classical Mechanic Full Member

Yeah, his link up play in tight spaces is really good, rarely does the wrong thing.

He started well yesterday and looked dangerous but faded as the game went on, he had a couple of shots that were a bit off. In the second half he went in his best position but wasn't in the game. Spurs sat in and Chelsea were insipid. He was hampered by having Hazard as his striker too as there wasn't ever anyone to get on the end of crosses.

When he's on the right he plays more as a traditional winger by beating his man and getting crosses in for a striker as we saw against Forest at weekend. On the left he's more of an an inside forward and more of a goal scoring threat.
  34. Jan 9, 2019

Bergman New Member

Supports:
    Liverpool
    It seems Bayern are going the route of Madrid and paying obscene amounts for unproven talents. Is it a case of not being able to compete in the top bracket of the market?
  35. Jan 9, 2019

Adisa likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt

Absysmal game management from Sarri. Take him off when you bring a target man on.
  36. Jan 9, 2019

No, they have seen with Sancho that with game time, his value can sky rocket in a matter of months.
  37. Jan 9, 2019

Isn't that extremely risky for Bayern, leaving their wing play entirely to a bunch of kids?
  38. Jan 9, 2019

B20 HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME

Supports:
    Liverpool
    The chickens are coming home to roost for Chelsea.

Odd that he got to play - given that he hasn't signed a new contract, I thought he was to be benched for the next 18 months and basically ruin his progression into senior football.

Think Solanke suffered a lot from Chelseas callous youth policy. They really are doing their best to ruin the youngsters they hoove up.
  39. Jan 9, 2019

DanNistelrooy Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017

He was a bit lost in the 2nd half but I was very impressed in the first, just seems to have something about him - his decision making impressed me most despite his obvious qualities on the ball.

There's a reason why Bayern are bidding for him I guess.
  40. Jan 9, 2019

Eleven-Eighteen New Member

Who is he and why have i never heard of him before the last couple of weeks?

Maybe i'm not following football as much as i used to (on account of getting older and busier...) but talents pursued by a couple of big teams usually made front page news