Callum Hudson-Odoi

Discussion in 'Transfer Forum' started by davidmichael, Mar 24, 2019.

1. Mar 29, 2019

Judas Open to offers

How can anyone decide anything if you're going to approach it like that. It's a fact Sancho is having a great season.
  2. Mar 29, 2019

BridgeBanter New Member

Mourinho practically said that Oscar was the player he preferred playing in the 10 role behind Torres at the time. Considering Mata was considered the first name on the team sheet the first two years prior to Mourinho coming, him starting almost half less games and being sold in January no less shows he was clearly surplus to requirements.

Once again, myself and many other Chelsea fans didn’t agree with the decision but it was a case of Mourinho feeling he could do without Mata rather than United “poaching” him so to speak.
  3. Mar 29, 2019

KingMinger22 City >>> United. Moaning twat

Buy rating from me.
  4. Mar 29, 2019

roonster09 Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018 Scout

Mata started 50% of league games, how is the surplus to requirement? Drinkwater is surplus, Mata wasn't. He was just not the first name on team sheet anymore.

Like I said, any player sold will be with selling club's agreement. Same with Mata, Matic and if we sign CHO it will be same again.
  5. Mar 29, 2019

DWelbz19 Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

Safe to say his gaffer isn’t his biggest fan
  6. Mar 29, 2019

Prometheus Requested ban until Sep 22, 2019

Supports:
    Chelsea
    His stubbornness is really annoying!
  7. Mar 29, 2019

Jim Beam Full Member

Sarri is great. Bid for both CHO and Kante if he stays.
  8. Mar 29, 2019

Sandikan aka sex on the beach

For a guy to not have started a league game to be getting caps for England is quite amazing.
    Even a club like Chelsea surely can see they've got a potential star in the making there?!
  9. Mar 29, 2019

duffer Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's Scout

We've offered him £85K a week to stay. The club is desperate to keep him.

As for Sarri, it's a tough one, does he drop Eden Hazard for CHO? He's played him a fair bit out of position on the right. There's not many 17/18 years olds playing more than 18 games (that how many CHO has played in so far) for a Champions League chasing side. If we look at other top six sides and their 17/18 year olds:

Foden (older than CHO) is probably as highly rated but has played far less.

Chong and Gomes at Man United (both older than CHO) have played far less.

The season that Alexander-Arnold was the same age as CHO he played in 7 games (according to WIki). Rhain Brewster was in the same Under 17 England side that won the world cup. He's not played a minute for Liverpool.

Don't know of any teenagers currently breaking through at Spurs. Winks certainly was not playing that much at 17/18.

When Maitland-Niles was CHO's age he was on loan at Ipswich.

Chelsea have been terrible at getting youngsters through into the first team but CHO is being given more game time than any kid of the same age, despite sharing the same position as possibly the best player in the clubs history who is in his prime.
  10. Mar 29, 2019

Classical Mechanic Full Member

Bit unfair on Rhian Brewster @duffer hes been injured for about 18 months.
  11. Mar 29, 2019

Fair enough, I knew he got injured last year, didn't realise it was that bad. Always want him to do well as an Ex-Chelsea boy!
  12. Mar 29, 2019

Just come back this past week.

First ones a great finish. Will have to see if he can get back to what he was.
  13. Mar 30, 2019

dbs235 Full Member

To be honest he still looked dangerous on the right but he lost the defensive header that ended up leading to them scoring. But he's not in the team to win headers at right back and I wouldn't expect Hazard or Sancho to have won it either.
  14. Mar 30, 2019

BridgeBanter New Member

I guess we won’t agree on what surplus to requirements is because going from most important player 2 years running to being sold in the January transfer window tells it’s on story.

In any case, if the club felt that CHO would not resign, they would sell him to Bayern for a dime on the dollar rather than selling him to United
  15. Mar 30, 2019

Posh Red Full Member

Could he not start on the right for you guys? United blooded Rashford as a teenager and are probably reaping the rewards now. Would you be adverse to him getting a run over Pedro/Willian? (Gwnuinely curious. I don’t follow chelas that closely so you will know better than me whether this is a worthwhile pursuit).
  16. Mar 30, 2019

Prometheus Requested ban until Sep 22, 2019

Supports:
    Chelsea
    He absolutely could.
  17. Mar 30, 2019

He has had a few starts on the right. He's just not as good there.

Rashford seized his chance as well as any young player ever but I'm pretty sure that it was an injury to at least two other players in his position that gave him the chance.

Had Martial and Rooney been fit then do you think they'd have both been dropped for Rashford at that age? I'm pretty sure if Hazard and Willian were both injured then CHO would have more than the 18 appearances (Inc 6 starts).
  18. Mar 30, 2019

hellohello Full Member

Supports:
    Tottenham
    Skipp is the only current teenager who is getting regular gametime at Spurs.
  19. Mar 30, 2019

Sarri’s comments were carefully chosen. ‘He’s great on the left but Hazard’ basically. Which is why CHO needs to leave if Hazard stays.
  20. Mar 30, 2019

Transfer ban, sell Hazard, give CHO the number 10 shirt and a new contract and let's see what happens. Maybe we drop down the table like a stone but I'd kinda like to see it.
  21. Mar 30, 2019

Dazzmondo Full Member

Pretty sure he's just a backup option if we can't get Sancho. Got to be honest, I don't think he's much of an upgrade on Lingard other than his age.
  22. Mar 30, 2019

Litch Full Member

He looks like a talent but not many top clubs in this country including Chelsea that will guarantee him a pathway to regular starting 11 football. I think he's probably looked at Sancho and thought like other young English talent, thought Germany does. If it works out at say BM, probably winning the league most seasons and playing in the CL. It's kind of like going to the German Man City.....
  23. Mar 30, 2019

MadDogg Full Member

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
    I don't know if CHO will sign a new contract (especially if Sarri stays), but I feel that otherwise this is what Chelsea will do. Sell Hazard, give CHO a true chance to stake a claim as first choice and hope that once that happens he'll end up signing a new contract during next season. Of course the big danger of doing that is that not only will he be able to leave for a free at the end of that season if he doesn't sign (something that you might be willing to risk), but that he could leave for a free to another English club.

Although it does depend on whether Zidane actually wants Hazard at Real. If he does then this is the time to sell him and let the above play out. If not, then obviously keep Hazard and sell CHO.
  24. Mar 30, 2019

F miah New Member

Chelsea won’t be stupid enough to let him go to a rival.

Chelsea will be looking to cash in for Hazard
  25. Mar 30, 2019

fellaini's barber New Member

Got completely sick and tired of hearing about this kid over the week
  26. Mar 30, 2019

Posh Red Full Member

You’re right regarding the circumstances for Rashford of course. I didn’t know anything about CHO but after watching him for England I think it would be worth getting him on the pitch as often as possible.
  27. Mar 30, 2019

Bearded One Full Member

When your current approach doesn't work, try something else, would be my advise to Sarri.

Perhaps a double pivot system frees Barkley to be able to arrive in the box more often and would also bring out the best in Kanye would help:

Higuain
    Harzard Barkley Odoi
    Jorginho Kante
    Alonso Luiz Rudiger Azpilcueta
    Kepa​
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2019
  28. Mar 30, 2019

Sandikan aka sex on the beach

Good reasoned response, to my in fairness fairly easy to say original comment!

I suppose the only thing with your lad, is he's clearly a more talented guy than all but Foden on this list.

Hazard keeping him out is certainly a good reason! It's just a strange scenario where a guy who has barely played is being talked about for huge money to Bayern, and also winning England caps. But I suppose that's the game these days.
    Without going all "It was better in my day", it surely was a lot better when players had to earn their England caps, not just being in an ever diminishing quality pool.
  29. Mar 30, 2019

Mb194dc Full Member

Supports:
    Chelsea
    I think this will happen. Good chance he goes for free in 2020 though. It's a risk we need to take. At least we can then buy a replacement.
  30. Mar 30, 2019

BenitoSTARR Full Member

I really do not want Hudson Odoi. He’s not as effective in the right of midfield.

BTEC Sancho!
  31. Mar 31, 2019

TheReligion Abusive

Definitely on his way in the summer. Left out yet again and looked totally dejected on the bench.

Why stay?
  32. Mar 31, 2019

sewey89 Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018

Get him tapped up ASAP
  33. Mar 31, 2019

Nico87 Full Member

I'd be suprised if Sarri survives the next 24 hours, and I'd expect the next boss to make a big show of faith in him.
  34. Mar 31, 2019

charlenefan Far less insightful than the other Charley

He's under contract and Chelsea can't sign a replacement

I'm sure whoever replaces Sarri will play him more especially with Hazard gone
  35. Mar 31, 2019

Bubz27 No I won’t change your tag line

Still think Chelsea sack Sarri and the new manager keeps him.
  36. Mar 31, 2019

El Zoido Full Member

Because Sarri is a goner and the next manager will promise him minutes.
  37. Mar 31, 2019

deadrevelz New Member

Play him on the left. He's playing better than martial there.
  38. Apr 2, 2019

Fiskey Can't stop thinking about David Nugent's hot naked

Kanye's best was years ago, probably college dropout.
  39. Apr 2, 2019

FootyGirl88

So true :lol:
  40. Apr 2, 2019

Ban Full Member

What's up with him and Sarri?