1. We are delighted to have been nominated for Best Forum in The Football Blogging Awards. You can vote for us on their website here and via twitter here. You can read the caf thread here. Thanks to anyone who votes for us.
    Dismiss Notice

Callum Hudson-Odoi

Discussion in 'Transfer Forum' started by davidmichael, Mar 24, 2019.

1. Apr 2, 2019

duffer Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's Scout

Sarri prefers to play Eden Hazard on the left (CHOs position).

He also prefers Pedro and Willian ahead of playing CHO out of position on the right.
  2. Apr 3, 2019

SwansonsTache incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover

Ole
    United youth policy
    Rashford
    Shaw
    McTominay
    Sancho
    Lingard
    Gomes
    ++++

Compare that to other teams, and we come out favourably. Doesn't matter if the shitter is marble and the faucets gold if you are not given a go.

Sancho realised this, and look at him now. Compare his trajectory to that of Foden and Hudson-Odoi as an example.
  3. Apr 3, 2019

Inigo Montoya Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!

How is Sancho one of ours?

As for Gomes... we hear a lot but we're not seeing him
  4. Apr 3, 2019

Catt Ole's at the wheel!

He means Sancho realized he would get very little game time at City and left for Dortmund.
  5. Apr 4, 2019

In Rainbows Full Member

Rashford is the only evidence

McTominay started playing at age 20-21 (for good reason). Lingard went out on loan. Gomes hasn't really played. He's the worst example because Hudson Odoi and Foden are his age and they're playing far more. Gomes would kill for even 1/10 of their playing time.
  6. Apr 4, 2019

If CHO leaves it's for game time. Is he getting in ahead or Martial on the left? Is he really going to sign up to play out of position?
  7. Apr 4, 2019

Georgan New Member

CHO is staying at Chelsea. The only way they're gonna let him go is him running down his contract, otherwise he's stuck at Stamford Bridge.
  8. Apr 4, 2019

ThierryHenry14 New Member

Supports:
    Arsenal
    With the transfer ban coming up for chelsea, hazard's rumor exist to Madrid, and the aging of pedro and willian, my guess is he will stay. I don't see there are any other big clubs that can offer him more 1st team chance than Chelsea atm.
  9. Apr 4, 2019

Classical Mechanic Full Member

He ain’t signing for us, don’t worry.
  10. Apr 4, 2019

I agree. Seems odd to see so many on here talking about him as a realistic target though.
  11. Apr 4, 2019

MyOnlySolskjaer Creator of Player Performance threads

This won't be popular but we need a left winger like him, we have many options right now but they don't offer movement or intensity. Starting to lose patience with Martial, we need another option to compete and Alexis isn't it.

He'd be one of many much needed signings.
  12. Apr 4, 2019

Cassidy No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser

Agree
  13. Apr 5, 2019

Judas Open to offers

I'm baffled by it. Not sure what its even based on either. Then the same people will be disappointed/angry when it doesn't happen, even though it was always very very unlikely.
  14. Apr 5, 2019

Charles Miller Full Member

He has an explosive time of reaction like Sterling. I bet he will find his best place in the pitch soon and will bang goals and assists.
  15. Apr 5, 2019

Eli Zee New Member

Agreeed 100%
  16. Apr 5, 2019

amolbhatia50k Sneaky bum time

Yeah I don't know why people feel this is so probable. He's either staying at Chelsea or going abroad. Probably Chelsea. Either way you're not giving us one of the biggest talents you have.
  17. Apr 5, 2019

amolbhatia50k Sneaky bum time

I really don't feel we do. Obviously the more the merrier. I have no doubt he'll get twice the skepticism Martial gets if he plays in a dynsfunctional team as Martial has over the years. IMO Martial is better (and older of course) and this kid would not displace him. We need someone on the right far more urgently.
  18. Apr 5, 2019

Ballache Full Member

I'm very much Martial FC but I agree, stupidly talented forward but doesn't seem to be the most hardworking or the brightest.
  19. Apr 5, 2019

DanNistelrooy Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017

Is CHO's best position LW then? I've seen him a fair few times this season and he switches between the two but he looks more effective on the right from what I've seen. The way he drops his shoulder and whips in a cross (like he did for Giroud and in one of your cup games earlier in the season) reminds me of when we had Nani on the right who was arguably the last genuine right winger we had.
  20. Apr 5, 2019

AgentP Full Member

We need to be in for him. Martial is not consistent enough right now to get a free run at LW with no competition. If we sign CHO, it would a healthy battle between them for that spot. It will also put an end to Rashford on the wing. I would actually prefer Martial to play forward because that's where he's the deadliest.
  21. Apr 5, 2019

AgentP Full Member

Completely agree. We need a proper winger and Martial simply isn't one.
  22. Apr 5, 2019

Classical Mechanic Full Member

His best position is as a left sided inside forward. I'd say he comfortably better on the left but can be an effective right winger due to his crossing ability as you've seen. I think he's got a number of assists this season from crosses from the right wing, 2 against Forest in the cup and the one in PL the other night off the top of my head. He's much more comfortable dribbling on the left and is a much bigger goal scoring threat from that side.
  23. Apr 5, 2019

deadrevelz Full Member

It's based on: the player wanting to leave Chelsea, rumours linking us, Chelsea being angered by Bayerns approach / arrogance, our need for proper wide players, our status as a club that gives youth a chance, Chelsea not showing bitterness towards us generally (sold us Mata and Matic), the cost involved isn't high so we could blow Bayern away if we wanted.

Not that ridiculous really. I don't think it will happen but stranger things have.
  24. Apr 5, 2019

Sparky Rhiwabon Full Member

No way they'll sell him to us
  25. Apr 5, 2019

DanNistelrooy Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017

Fair enough. To be honest I miss the days where we had wingers who would beat a full back and whip a cross in from the byline which is why I would like CHO as an option for the right hand side. We've not really had that sort of outlet since the Nani/Valencia wing days. Mata, Lingard, Martial, Rashford, Mkhitaryan etc, the list goes on - all good players but want to cut inside with the ball. That's fine if it is only on one side but I feel we need some genuine width.
  26. Apr 5, 2019

Varun Moderator Staff

That's the FBs job now
  27. Apr 5, 2019

Trizy Banned

If he pushes for a move they can't stop him. However, I'd imagine Hazard will be gone before his contract is up so he'll have a position. Then again you wouldn't know with Sari.
  28. Apr 5, 2019

Adam-Utd Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

It's not really. Some times prefer to play like that with inside forwards, but it doesn't work in every situation.

City have had great success with playing proper wingers who keep the width, and it's easier to break a deep lying defence like that.

You don't need 2 wide wingers but 1 to keep the width while the other cuts inside is the best option IMO. Think back to how Nani / Valencia played, we had the best of both worlds.
  29. Apr 5, 2019

KingMinger22 City >>> United. Moaning twat

I would swap Martial for him any day.

He's got "it" for sure.
  30. Apr 6, 2019

Bearded One Full Member

Just saw this. Kanye vs Kante...the former has got nothing on the former

:lol::lol::lol:
  31. Apr 6, 2019

FootyGirl88

CHO______ Martial/Rashford______Sancho
  32. Apr 6, 2019

Nah, more like:

Sanchez______Lukaku_____Lingard.
  33. Apr 6, 2019

ravi2 Full Member

After Ed's brief to the press I am inclined to agree. Its like the Moyes era when he couldnt shut his mouth about getting Fabregas and Bale and somehow ended up with Fellaini.
  34. Apr 6, 2019

Adnan Full Member

We offered Spurs a much higher fee than what Madrid did for Bale. Fabregas was also close to joining us according to David Moyes.

We ended up with Fellaini because Moyes wanted him. It was Moyes's dithering that cost us that season. Getting rid of SAF's back room staff was the issue there.
  35. Apr 7, 2019

UNITED ACADEMY New Member

He looks like a very promising player but he’s not ready at all. He has no history to prove whether he can improve us next season, I thought we want that RW to be filled in so we can challenge the league, I expect a better option than this guy. If we are signing him as a develop player & backup for next season, I would rather give Greenwood or other our youth players chance. We need to spend money wisely, if our first XI is already so good i have no issue signing this guy but we don’t need this type of player right now.
  36. Apr 7, 2019

He's a left winger not a right winger. He is not going anywhere to be "a develop or backup player" and he's not going to Man United at all anyway so you don't have to worry.
  37. Apr 7, 2019

Can we take Hazard instead then so you can play this guy in his best position?
  38. Apr 7, 2019

I somehow doubt Eden would be interested, what with Zidane constantly tapping him up!
  39. Apr 7, 2019

Tony Banta New Member

IMO, if we got Hudson-Odoi, it would be to play LW, to which he is more suited. We’d still need a RW.

He’d improve our left side.

We need a LW & a RW, and to stop playing players out of position.

I think, we’re still quite a way off, challenging for the title.
  40. Apr 7, 2019

Money talk nowadays