1. Jul 15, 2016

MyOnlySolskjaer Creator of Player Performance threads

[​IMG]

Cameron Jake Borthwick-Jackson
    Feb 2, 1997 (19)
    Manchester [​IMG]
    1.88 m
    [​IMG]
    Elegant on the ball but a strong tackler, Cameron Borthwick-Jackson can play in a couple of positions in the back four. He also been tried in a holding role in midfield, but looks most at home as a left-footed centre-back or on the left side of defence.

The local lad is highly thought of at the club and he has been capped by England in various age groups up to Under-19. He was aged just 16 when he made his Manchester United Under-21s debut, against Bolton Wanderers as a second-half substitute.

Under-21s coach Warren Joyce praised Borthwick-Jackson's progress at the start of the 2015/16 season
    as he adapted seamlessly to life at that level and also performed in Nicky Butt's Under-19 side in the UEFA Youth League. "Cameron has been excellent," said Joyce. "He has gone from strength to strength."

On 30 May 2016, Borthwick-Jackson signed a new contract to keep him at United until at least June 2020 with an option to extend for a further year. He commented in the club's press release:

Last edited: Jul 16, 2016
  2. Jul 15, 2016

Bwuk Full Member

Think he'll find it hard to get a game next year. Can see it being between Blind and Shaw for left back.

Hope I'm wrong though. He was great when called upon last year.
  3. Jul 15, 2016

ChaddyP Full Member

I really hope you are wrong. I think he is good enough to challenge Shaw for the spot at LB.
  4. Jul 15, 2016

ADJUDICATOR FULL MEMBER

Supports:
    THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD
    Don't think we'll see much of him this year, injuries aside.
  5. Jul 15, 2016

Hernandez - BFA The Way to Fly

He'll be cover for Shaw at best next season, which is a shame because he's a very big talent. It's just that if Shaw gets back to his original form, I'd take him over Borthwick-Jackson.

Wouldn't mind seeing him have a few games at CB. He reads the game well.
  6. Jul 15, 2016

Rossa Full Member

Great cross, but a little slow as a fullback? Lacks a little physicality as a center back perhaps, but technically very good.
  7. Jul 15, 2016

pcaming Full Member

If blind and rojo stay, he should be sent on loan to a proper club.
  8. Jul 15, 2016

BAMSOLA Has issues!

Supports:
    A Crack Habit.
    He's not slow its more that his style is languid so unlike Shaw he doesn't seek to attack with as much pace as possible. I can see exactly why LVG seemed to love the guy as he is right out of the LVG pass and move school and a a very technically gifted player. I sure hope we don't loan him as some are suggesting as it would be a step back for a player who has taken to first team football as well as he has.

Yes the competition is stiff at LB, but I'd like to see him rotated into the first team when possible and on occasions tried in different positions such as CB or even DM which are both positions he looks well suited to.

We shouldn't need to loan players who have shown themselves worthy of first team football.
  9. Jul 16, 2016

Jed I. Knight The Mos Eisley Hillbilly

One of LVG's biggest travesties was unearthing this gem, then completely dumping him for the likes of Marcos Rojo after an injury. Absolutely ridiculous.

Hopefully he'll be rotated with Shaw, and get plenty of game time with Europa and the domestic cups. Would be criminal push such a talent behind the likes of Rojo and Blind, who are limited now and with little potential for improvement.
  10. Jul 16, 2016

Mike09 New Member

Is CBJ really a strong tackler? I really don't think he is, I haven't seen him making a strong tackle this season. I can only remember one tackle that he did on Ramirez was a good one.
    IMO he's a composed player on and off the ball, his crossing is consistently good, physically he's tall but lack of pace, power and aggression, and defensively he's good intercepting but other than that I haven't seen enough to convince me that he is a strong tackler. I think he is a good backup for Shaw but I'm still in doubt that he is a Jose's type of full back.
  11. Jul 16, 2016

Obiorahking_ Full Member

I don't. Still too raw defensively.
  12. Jul 31, 2016

the unknown one. Full Member

The raven sits ever watchful above my chamber door
    Linked with a loan move to West Ham in the Mail to cover for the injured Aaron Cresswell.

Could be a good six month loan for him until Cresswell recovers.
  13. Jul 31, 2016

BAMSOLA Has issues!

Supports:
    A Crack Habit.
    Really disappointed he isn't been given a chance here as deputy to Shaw, what the hell does Rojo offer that this guy doesn't. Even experience doesn't count when you see how little brains Rojo has.
  14. Jul 31, 2016

Tom Van Persie No relation

That's a good loan move for him if he gets plenty of minutes. CBJ has a bright future and loaning him out is a better option than just letting him sit in the reserves. He proved himself last season and in my opinion should be our main cover for Shaw but it seems like Jose sees it another way.
  15. Aug 4, 2016

SambaBoy Full Member

That would be a great move for all parties. They are in for all sorts of LB's at the moment, with most getting rejected, they are in for Santon now, surely you would rather have CBJ?
  16. Aug 11, 2016

Reggie74 New Member

Absolutely. More time in the Premier League developing & becoming a better player is a win-win for us. Seems a down to earth kid too.
  17. Aug 11, 2016

Adam-Utd Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

Strange how he has completely fallen off the face of the earth since he had that little injury. I am sure Mourinho has looked at him, guess he doesn't fancy him. Think I would still prefer him over Rojo or Blind at LB though, but I suppose those 2 are who Jose has pencilled as backup.
  18. Aug 11, 2016

Pexbo has never watched Star Wars

He Mourinho had glowing words for him. Called him amazing in pre season.
  19. Aug 11, 2016

Didn't take him on the tour though? can't have been that excited. (unless he was still injured) but he hasn't made a squad since then either.
  20. Aug 11, 2016

Nickosaur Full Member

He's been injured. Mourinho thinks he's great apparently.
  21. Aug 11, 2016

Trigg aka Trippin_Stoned

Had we been able to offload Rojo* then I suspect he'd have been the number 2 fullback. He's a much better full back than Rojo thats for sure.

*Still might yet!
  22. Aug 11, 2016

Well hopefully that's the case, would have expected a loan for him otherwise. Guess we will find out in the next few weeks.
  23. Aug 11, 2016

m1y2 New Member

hopefully it;s just loan this year, he wouldn't get much gametime but he could be ideal back up for Shaw next year, just noticed he's 1.88, once he starts bulking up he could be ideal for that role, granting he won't displace Shaw, still could be great rotation player
  24. Aug 20, 2016

NYAS Full Member

Off to Wolves on loan according to DiMarzio. I think that could be a great move.
  25. Aug 20, 2016

FC Ronaldo Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form

He needs game time but I would have preferred to see him at a higher level.

However, this is interesting for another reason. Walter Zenga (Wolves' manager) has an agent called Marco Kirdemir according to Transfermarkt and the list of the players he is responsible for includes Luan and Bruma who we have recently been linked to ourselves.

Source: http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/marco-kirdemir/beraterfirma/berater/2297
  26. Aug 20, 2016

Jed I. Knight The Mos Eisley Hillbilly

Wolves? He's good enough to be playing Premier League football. In fact, in my opinion he's shown enough to be considered a more than adequate stand-in for Shaw, so I am a bit disappointed by that. Would've preferred if we kept him and gave him 15-20 matches for the first team this season, especially if no Premier League clubs were interested in him.
  27. Aug 20, 2016

Rozay Master of Hindsight

Wolves are a Championship side but not really one in the transfer market with the recent changes. They are close to signing Ola John and Luizao I believe, and have agreed a deal for Talisca. CBJ is also a high profile for them, and so far as he plays, I'm cool with it.

Would have liked him to stay here as back up though.
  28. Aug 20, 2016

Scarecrow Having a week off

Their best player on Whoscored is a LB. Next two are CBs.

Edit: He seems to be a right back, playing on the left right now. That's good.
  29. Aug 20, 2016

ThanksBoss26 Full Member

If he goes there and plays 35-40 Championship games as a starter, he'll be much the better for it. Wolves are being backed financially too, so hopefully he'll experience a fight at the top of the table there too.
  30. Aug 20, 2016

Nickosaur Full Member

Most important thing is that he plays week in, week out.

If he gets that at Wolves, it should be a great move.
  31. Aug 21, 2016

Sean_RedDevil Twitter bot

A loan to a Championship club is good but Wolverhampton would be a bad choice........they're doing better than expected (3rd place) but i'm not sure about Zenga.
  32. Aug 21, 2016

FromTheBench Full Member

A loan with starts in the championship would be better for him than being bit part in the prem.
  33. Aug 21, 2016

Loublaze ATLien

Any source to back this? I think you're confusing him for Taunzebe here.

Im worried about this kid because if Mourinho rated him he wouldn't be loaning him out. He's already proved to be a better player than Rojo so I don't see why he shouldn't be deputizing for Shaw at LB. Wolves (being strongly linked with them on loan) signed a 28 year old LB in Silvio Manuel Pereira just three weeks ago so I don't see Jackson getting many games there either. He could become another forgotten player from the LVG era
  34. Aug 21, 2016

Higgy74 New Member

Supports:
    Wolves
    Guys he will play pretty much every week if becomes to Wolves andi promise we will look after him lol, hoping he comes as he looks very good, also we should be there or thereabouts come the shake up so the experience of a promotion battle will do him good
  35. Aug 21, 2016

Loublaze ATLien

Who is your regular LB and where will Silvio play?
  36. Aug 21, 2016

Higgy74 New Member

Supports:
    Wolves
    Our regular left back is Docherty however he's normally a right back, I'd imagine he will drop to the bench and CBJ will play left back and Silvio will play Right back, that said he's apparently injury prone, can CBJ play centre back?
  37. Aug 21, 2016

Loublaze ATLien

He has several times in the youth setup
  38. Aug 21, 2016

Donut Full Member

I'm glad he signed a new contract. He can definitely become a very good player. However his future with us is rather bleak, since Shaw is pretty much a sure thing to be our LB for the next 10 years.
  39. Aug 22, 2016

ThanksBoss26 Full Member

40. Aug 22, 2016

Dion Full Member

It's a difficult one because if anything happened to Shaw then I would much rather have him than anyone else. In reality however, Shaw is barely 21 and looks to have overcome his injury as well as could be expected so CBJ has essentially no chance of ever really making the leftback spot his own. Hopefully he can get plenty of time at CB and LB at Wolves so he's read next season to be 1st/2nd reserve in both roles. Darmian can cover either fb position and if we can't get rid of Rojo then we'll have a surplus.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.