Champions League Final 2019 | Spurs v Liverpool (1st June)

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by Samid, May 8, 2019.

1. May 16, 2019 at 01:15

tenpoless Full Member

I'd take spurs fan gloating in front of my face anyday than Pool winning another CL.

The 6 times will be unbearable.
  2. May 16, 2019 at 07:09

Sandikan aka sex on the beach

Keep the dream alive though!! Someone said you'd been 20mins from going out the whole way and it could be fate.
    And would be hilarious if pool destroy barcelona, then lose the final!!
  3. May 16, 2019 at 07:59

Moshe Dayan New Member

Supports:
    Tottenham
    I'm pretty sure Spurs fans were not wearing flares in 1984. I can't be so sure about Liverpoo fans though.
  4. May 16, 2019 at 09:31

africanspur Full Member

Supports:
    Tottenham Hotspur
    That's true. We were 12 minutes from going out against PSV in the 4th group stage match, 10 minutes away against Inter in the 5th match, 5 away against Barcelona in the final one.

Confortable against Dortmund, 17 minutes away against City (and the VAR decision) and about 10 seconds away against Ajax.

Even writing that has given me chest pain again.

I guess Liverpool might feel the same though, they've been close to going out a few times too I think.
  5. May 16, 2019 at 19:52

FootballHQ Full Member

Supports:
    Aston Villa
    Group stage? Don't think you really deserved to beat PSV but scored with two late ones, even then you needed them to do you a favour in the last game v Inter.
  6. May 16, 2019 at 20:01

SquishyMcSquish Full Member

Supports:
    Tottenham
    We had 30 shots vs PSV and totally dominated the game, not sure how we didn't deserve to beat them.

We also should never have lost vs Inter at home (absolute smash and grab job) and had a perfectly valid goal disallowed vs PSV in the first game which cost us 2 points.

Inter getting through would have been a travesty. They fluked 3 points at home vs us and then did nothing.
  7. May 20, 2019 at 03:02

GlastonSpur Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum

Supports:
    Spurs
    I've just been looking on RAWK and the enforced "group-think" on there about the CL final is truly astounding. No room for doubt or questioning is allowed - or at least not without being jumped on if the odd poster dares to break ranks.

According to RAWK, Spurs have virtually no chance whatsoever of winning.

The paranoia is typified by:

* "This is how bad morale starts in any group - whether it's a football club or an army. A number of individuals start expressing black thoughts and sooner or later everyone is infected ...
    Liverpool are one of the most perfect football teams ever assembled. That's what should be on your mind - and your tongue."

* "I'm not interested in how we can lose. We're not going to lose. Anybody who is expressing concerns about us losing, taking Spurs for granted, cautioning us against being over confident etc etc, is simply hedging their bets against the pain of us falling short again. ... I'm not predicting a scoreline, but I am predicting a victory. There is simply no other outcome for me".

* ... there is actually no fecking way we are losing this one. No fecking way"

Well, I would say to the poster of the last comment above, actually there are several ways in which Liverpool might lose. You might be favourites, but that is no guarantee of victory.
  8. May 20, 2019 at 03:32

SteveJ all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian Scout

The Romance that RAWK is enamoured with depends on near-success; in effect, failure. Klopp's recent remark about the journey being more important than the destination expressed this ironic truth: the essence of romance is poignancy rather than glory, despite appearances.