Cheering on Liverpool - 2017/18 edition

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by Samid, Sep 8, 2017.

1. Apr 16, 2018 at 12:41

Trikie New Member

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Can you please remind me of what great teams you played this season before you went out two rounds ago?
  2. Apr 16, 2018 at 14:43

promisedlanchiao New Member

Come on, don’t be daft. You’re one of the very few decent pool fans posting on here, so please try to keep the respect we have for you.

The o.p was just slating the quality of the Champions League, which to tell the truth is actually really low on quality, so there’s no point in banging on about who United played as he was just using liverpool as an example. I could easily use Bayern now as well, who have played psg, Anderlecht, Celtic, Besiktas and sevilla on their run to the semis, and I’m pretty sure people like @GhastlyHun and @BayernFan87 wouldn’t be throwing their toys out of the pram.
  3. Apr 16, 2018 at 15:43

Cassady Supports Liverpool, Not Accrington Stanley

Supports:
    Accrington Stanley.
    A bit like Gary Neville.
  4. Apr 16, 2018 at 17:21

Lentwood Full Member

What's that got to do with anything? We're rubbish, we acknowledge that!

My point is, it's possible to win the Champions League these days without really playing anyone of much pedigree. Liverpool did well against City but other than that, all of the teams you have faced would be mid-table at best in the PL
  5. Apr 16, 2018 at 18:09

golden_blunder Dreaming of a return to 4-4-2 Staff

I’d take the Chelsea win. Being out of the CL is a temporary thing - the scouse cnuts winning another league is there forever
  6. Apr 16, 2018 at 18:24

fck New Member

Supports:
    Bayern
    If they win the Champions League they will have played Porto/ManCity/Roma/(Bayern or Madrid). Not exactly the hardest but not easy either. Also I'm not sure what you mean with "these days", because such a path to the final was also possible in the past if you had the luck of the draw.
  7. Apr 16, 2018 at 19:29

Claude Cat New Member

Supports:
    Liverpool
    That Sevilla team have rinsed Liverpool and United in Europe the last 2 years. They’re no jokers.
  8. Apr 16, 2018 at 19:45

Supports:
    Accrington Stanley.
    I find this ironic as I've read posts on here over the years saying the new format is very hard to win compared to the old format. I know you have used the words ' it's possible ' so you may have a point but surely to win it you will play at least two top teams.
  9. Apr 16, 2018 at 19:48

redman5 Full Member

In a world of my own. People know me here.
    It's a cup competition, so in many respects it's all down to the luck of the draw. Unless they change the format to a proper league where all teams have to play each other twice, then you're always going to get situations where certain teams will get further than others irrespective of their standing & status. Need I remind you that when you got to the 2011 final your only tough tie was against Chelsea. You got out of a group consisting of Valencia, Rangers, & Bursaspor. Then it was Marseille in the last 16, & Schalke in the semi's. A team who finished perilously close to the relegation zone in the bundesliga when you played them. I imagine you weren't complaining too much about the quality of the opposition back then.
  10. Apr 16, 2018 at 20:55

NoLogo Full Member

Indeed. I have watched them now a couple of times in the CL and La Liga and they are a quality team. Their league position isn't really great but I feel it doesn't reflect their real ability when it comes to knock out tournaments. So I feel you can lose against Sevilla as top team if you aren't at your best the problem was we weren't even close to beating them. Honestly we couldn't have complained if we had lost the first game as well and in the second leg we never really seemed to get going either, we got almost entirely dominated by them over 180 minutes and that's the part that shocked so much, the clear gulf in structure and cohesiveness in both teams was really disconcerting to me.
  11. Apr 16, 2018 at 21:17

backtowhiteside New Member

Im pretty sure Liverpool are to shaky in defense to go through and then win the final. If they (God forbid) manage to do this we must dust our self off and keep going.
    I believe Morinho is capable of making a winning team again but there are too many left overs from three different managers at the moment. He needs another window.
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2018 at 21:50
  12. Apr 16, 2018 at 22:16

Supports:
    Accrington Stanley.
    Right on the chin that lad. Well done.
  13. Apr 17, 2018 at 09:55

Trikie New Member

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Yeah ok mate sorry about that. It was only meant tongue in cheek but I get your point