1. We are delighted to have been nominated for Best Forum in The Football Blogging Awards. You can vote for us on their website here and via twitter here. You can read the caf thread here. Thanks to anyone who votes for us.
    Dismiss Notice

Christian Eriksen

Discussion in 'Transfer Forum' started by United Pro, Apr 13, 2019 at 22:57.

1. Apr 15, 2019 at 13:12

SquishyMcSquish Full Member

Supports:
    Tottenham

There's no way any new contract we offered him wouldn't be a huge increase with that. I do think we would be prepared to offer around the 200k mark, he's still in his prime and vital to our team.

That said, I do think Real will go in for him and I do think he'll leave, which will be a huge shame despite his inconsistencies this season. When Eriksen is 'on it' we can beat anybody in the world because the whole team flourishes.
  2. Apr 15, 2019 at 14:26

Infra-red Full Member

I have always generally felt that as long as you kept the triumvirate of Pochettino, Eriksen and Kane together, you would remain at least a solid top 3/4 side.

I think Eriksen has been far from great this season though, and it doesn't seem to have hurt you at all. If you get a decent (£75m+) offer for him this summer, you should take it, in my view.
  3. Apr 15, 2019 at 14:44

balaks Full Member

Supports:
    Tottenham Hotspur
    He's worth a lot more than that to us. Who do you replace him with for that money?
  4. Apr 15, 2019 at 15:04

Infra-red Full Member

Fekir only has a year left on his deal - would be a good like-for-like replacement. Brandt reportedly has a £22m release clause if Leverkusen miss out on CL football (which they will).

Unlike us, you generally seem to do pretty shrewd business - I imagine you'd invest the money productively.
  5. Apr 15, 2019 at 15:08

balaks Full Member

Supports:
    Tottenham Hotspur
    Well I hope you are right - I'd much prefer to keep him but realistically there is a good chance he is off to Madrid.
  6. Apr 15, 2019 at 15:11

davidmichael Full Member

I’d love Eriksen but that would mean we’d need an out and out defensive midfielder who simply shields the back four so to allow Eriksen and Pogba to do their thing further forward, can we realistically sign Eriksen and a pure defensive midfielder when we also need to fill 3 positions (right back, centre back and right wing) ?
  7. Apr 15, 2019 at 15:22

Infra-red Full Member

I think we would be too open in midfield a 4-3-3. We'd need to play in a 4-4-2 diamond or a 3-4-2-1. Not that any of this matters - there is zero chance of Spurs selling to a top 4 rival. If he goes this summer, it will be abroad.
  8. Apr 15, 2019 at 15:42

AP88 Full Member

Was just about to say Brandt - would make perfect sense for United, Eriksen, Spurs and Brandt to for CE to join United, Brandt to join Spurs.

Eriksen looks knackered at the minute, but if you look at the number of games he’s played/miles he covers per game, he has every right to. He’s a wonderful footballer.
  9. Apr 15, 2019 at 15:44

Kostur Full Member

Cheers man, had this feeling it's a bit up and down for him lately, still rate him very highly, doubt we can get him off you lot though.
  10. Apr 15, 2019 at 15:45

FootyGirl88

Brandt is avaible for £25mil apparently - he could be a young Eriksen we should be looking at him for that price.
  11. Apr 15, 2019 at 15:45

balaks Full Member

Supports:
    Tottenham Hotspur
    I think his head went mid-way through the season and he lost focus perhaps because of the Madrid links, as Squishy says though he has been back to his best in the last few games thankfully.

He is so important to our team - he is also incredibly hard working which sometimes gets missed because of the type of player he is.
  12. Apr 15, 2019 at 15:54

Kostur Full Member

Yup, I'd easily put him on KDB level when he's on song, his workrate is a massive plus too.