1. If you are having difficulty resetting your password in order to login to your account, please try again. There was a bug which is now fixed.
    Dismiss Notice

City Quadruple or Liverpool Prem winners - what is worse?

Discussion in 'Manchester United Forum' started by RedTillI'mDead, Feb 25, 2019.

1. Feb 26, 2019

Reiver Full Member

Honestly don't care what City do, I don't want Liverpool winning the PL.
  2. Feb 26, 2019

Chicharo Full Member

Liverpool winning it. Shitty would be still miles away, but I don't want Liverpool winning it for 19th time
  3. Feb 26, 2019

Manny Grammar Police

City winning the quadruple would be worse.

I wouldn't be able to bear that overshadowing our treble. And we would have to hear about it for decades from all corners of the media.

Liverpool winning the league would be a one off and would be forgotten the following summer when someone else wins it.
  4. Feb 26, 2019

Negan New Member

Top 4 is not a trophy. I’d easily take another year in the Europa League if it meant Liverpool not winning the Premier League.

The fact is, we’re not good enough for the Champions League right now. I mean we’re already in it and we’re getting shown up by PSG without two of their best players.... so why would I get invested in “having another go” next season? If we get too 4... great. If not, then we don’t belong in the Champions League anyway.

My point is, we’re in the Champions League NOW. So let’s win it NOW. Stop focusing on being in it “next season” when we’re still in it THIS SEASON.

I used to think coming second was a bad season. So I’m not gonna celebrate fourth. Like I said, it is what it is.
  5. Feb 27, 2019

redmanx Full Member

I agree, I cant see Liverpool going on to win titles like we did and I couldn't stomach City crowing if they won the quadruple; noisy neighbours would be the word!
  6. Feb 27, 2019

dave1956 Full Member

Neither will happen.
  7. Feb 27, 2019

Reddy Rederson Full Member

Id rather spend my remaining years as the gimp in Eboues sex dungeon than see either of these things come to pass.
  8. Feb 27, 2019

redtilded121 Full Member

this question is why tottenham have fecked me off this season ,they had a chance to do us a favour and win the league but no they had to get all tottenham about it.
  9. Feb 27, 2019

RetroStu Full Member

I'd honestly rathr City won the next 10 Champs Lagues, FA Cups, and League Cups, if it meant Liverpool not winning the leaguie, i'm being serious as well.
  10. Feb 27, 2019

BalanceUnAutreJoint New Member

Liverpool will eventually win the league one day or another.
    City isn't ever gonna win the quadruple without Pep Guardiola
  11. Feb 27, 2019

Class of 63 Full Member

If it was Liverpool winning the League or City winning the 'Treble' i'd go for City everyday of the week, but....
  12. Feb 27, 2019

Infordin Full Member

Supports:
    Barcelona
    Would you rather see Liverpool win the league, or see Manchester United get humiliated 5-0 by Liverpool in a Champions League final?
  13. Feb 27, 2019

SqueakyWeasel Full Member

Or would you rather take a nuclear hit on your home town or have your testicles relocated to Anfield and The Etihad (one each, while still attached) :confused:
  14. Feb 27, 2019

TRUERED89 New Member

Are half the people in this thread City fans? No way is a City quad better than a Liverpool 1st ever PL! its bound to happen in our life times anyway, at least Liverpool is a proper club with traditions and history and aren't successful because of the owners, unlike our oil rich neighbours who's history started in 2012. City out-doing Man Utd's biggest ever achievement after just 3 seasons with Pep would be devastating and calamitous. The media and opposition fans would all jump on the "City is the best team ever" bandwagon. Maybe I just hate City more than Liverpool but I really couldn't stand a quadruple, it was painful enough seeing them win the PL with a record breaking 100 points!
  15. Feb 27, 2019

Neil_Buchanan Cock'd

It depends what happens afterwards. Does this title win lead to a period of domestic dominance for Liverpool? Because I can't abide that, a one off title I can handle.
  16. Feb 27, 2019

kouroux 45k posts to finally achieve this tagline

Liverpool PL winners by far
  17. Feb 27, 2019

mitchmouse Full Member

you've forgotten another possible horror: Leeds being promoted! (although to be honest, they have played some good football this season)
  18. Feb 27, 2019

mitchmouse Full Member

we'd still be getting lectured on it in 2050!
  19. Feb 27, 2019

youmeletsfly New Member

In no possible scenario you should like Pool winning the league.
    I don't care if City will buy the EPL until the end of time, as long as Pool don't win it, it's fine.
  20. Feb 27, 2019

TRUERED89 New Member

City can take the title as long as it isn't a fecking quadruple :(
  21. Feb 27, 2019

TRUERED89 New Member

I wouldn't mind seeing Leeds back, how long has it been 15 years? We had/have a big rivalry with them, these big grudge matches are exciting, its what you want to see as a fan, we had some epic games against them in the 90's and early 00's usually winning. So them getting promoted wouldn't change the regular spankings we gave them, I'm all for it.
  22. Feb 27, 2019

Random Task Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018

Liverpool winning the league, City willing the CL and Leeds getting promoted to the prem is a realistic and terrifying prospect.

Just imagining the aftermath of this cataclysmic event sends shivers down my spine.
  23. Feb 27, 2019

TheRedDevil'sAdvocate Full Member

Anything is preferable to the thought of Henderson lifting the PL trophy with the Kop singing "you'll never walk alone" in the background... and Klopp's smug face... and the pundits talking about "the best champions ever" with no Euro/WC to save us in the summer. It's not that i don't mind City being successful but i guess that i expected them to reach these heights and compete for every trophy available the moment Guardiola was appointed as their manager. I'm more ready for that than i will ever be to see the name of Liverpool being associated with the phrase "champions of England".
  24. Feb 27, 2019

Denis_unwise Banned

With all the money Pep has spent they are still heavily reliant on the old core of players. They have an adequate replacement for D Silva in B Silva. It will be very difficult to replace Aguero. Jesus is fine as a back up striker but is not good enough to be the main striker. It is not too difficult to replace Fernandinho. The question is would his replacement be able to commit the tactical fouls he does without punishment. If he is constantly being punished for fouls which Fernandinho would have usually got away with he will be of little use to the system.

It's unlikely that most of the players you mention will spend the rest of their careers at City. They have been on an upward trajectory for the last decade. This has all been leading to assembling the most expensive squad in world football & hiring Pep to manage it. As said, the timing has been very good to them as the competition at home & abroad is considerably weaker than in previous years. You cannot stay on the peak forever though. The next 2 & a bit seasons is City's best chance of major success.
  25. Mar 1, 2019

matbezlima New Member

Why would no one care about one of the greatest teams ever? If City achieve that, they are a serious contender for best English team ever in the PL era, alongside United 98-2001, United 2007-2009, Chelsea 2004-2008, Arsenal 2002-2006. Probably only the United teams would still be above. It would be an achievement for the ages!
  26. Mar 1, 2019

matbezlima New Member

What if City win three of 4 trophies in this season, including the CL, but lose the PL to Liverpool? The worst nightmare for United fans possible?

And what if Liverpool win both PL and CL this season?
  27. Mar 1, 2019

Kent Devil New Member

This is like being asked what bollock you would like to be kicked in. Both options are horrendously unpleasant and I'd rather neither would happen. But if I had to choose then I would go with City winning the quad. Anyway here is hoping that they win the title but it all goes tits up for them in everything else remaining.
  28. Mar 1, 2019

ElmParkRed Full Member

British by birth - English by the grace of God
    Liverpool PL win, for me. The wife's best friend's hubby is a pool fan, as such we never talk football but I couldn't cope with the smug barsteward, if they won.
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2019
  29. Mar 1, 2019

RG 11 Full Member

City league win
    City treble (Pl / fa cup)
    City treble ( PL / CL)
    Liverpool league win
    City quadruple

In that order for me.

I can't stand city eclipsing our treble as that's a once in multiple decades kind of achievement. Liverpool winning the league will be miserable but not as much as media wankfest over city being the greatest ever English side.
  30. Mar 1, 2019

DSG Full Member

Worst in order:

City quad
    Liverpool double (Prem & CL)
    Liverpool Prem
    Liverpool CL
    City treble (Prem, FA, carabao)
    City Treble (CL, FA, Carabao)
    City double

A Quad win would mean an entire summer of debate about the “best team ever”. I’m not sure I can mentally handle that. I hate Pep and his cheating tactics. I hate Fernandinho, Ederson, the whole lot. The entire organization cheats. It’s owned by a country for fecks sake.
  31. Mar 1, 2019

Inter Yer Nan Full Member

Liverpool winning the league would be worse. City quad is a disaster too but City’s success is basically irrelevant. Imagine the media and their fans and the cringe around Klopp? No thanks.
  32. Mar 1, 2019

SirAF Ageist

A City quadruple would be forgotten after a week except by their (non existing) fans.
  33. Mar 1, 2019

reddevil80 New Member

F#/k the scousers, give them nowt but rotten old bins full o' shit and let them dip to their bellies are as full of crap as their mouths. Singing over Eric's tribute was the final straw. They are scum. The choice is horrible but city over the filthy gobshites for me.
  34. Mar 2, 2019

Freak Born a freak always a freak.

Liverpool winning the league would be worse.
  35. Mar 2, 2019

quackattack Full Member

City over liverpool any day.
  36. Mar 2, 2019

Devils11 New Member

Talking about priorities...
    What about : Liverpool winning the League and CL Vs Man Utd NO Champion League Football for 3 seasons?
  37. Mar 2, 2019

walkinhop Full Member

Couldnt give a rats. All i care for is how we do.
  38. Mar 2, 2019

NotoriousISSY $10mil and I fecked it up!

City have won their fair share over the last 7 or 8 years, so if they won a few together now it wouldn't take a lot to stomach it.

If Liverpool win the league, itll be lauded as the greatest win of all time. And I still feel like Gerrard would turn up and lift the trophy.
  39. Mar 3, 2019

matbezlima New Member

The worst nightmare for United supporters would be Liverpool winning both PL and CL this season. Liverpool would have only one less national title than United, but three more UCLs. Liverpool would undeniably be the biggest english club.
  40. Mar 3, 2019

Kanu Full Member

Supports:
    Feyenoord & United.
    I don't ever want City to beat our treble season with a quadruple. If they do that and keep the momentum going we become the 2nd club in Manchester in neutrals eyes.