Copa Libertadores Finals | 2nd leg at Bernabeu | River wins

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by IFC 1905, Nov 9, 2018.

1. Nov 27, 2018

IFC 1905 Full Member

This has killed this final, and an organization of 300 guys is resposible for it.

There's a Whatsapp audio filtered today from the leader of "Los Borrachos del Tablon", Caverna, where he affirms he commited the incident, saying there will be no game because the police and judges busted him and no one of them wanted to "share" some of the benefits.

If this goes without public, it would be so sad to watch. Because footballistically no one wants to watch these players.
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2018
  2. Nov 27, 2018

adexkola Arsenal supporter

Me, and you. Yo momma, and yo cousin too.
    Supports:
    orderly disembarking on planes
    I don't generalize.

Is it? Is it strictly adhered to in CONMEBOL? Does fan trouble lead to playing a match behind closed doors?
  3. Nov 27, 2018

James Peril Banned

If lives are in danger, it certainly isn’t. When humans act like animals, due to a trivial thing like football, sanctions are in order. There is no correct outcome here no matter what, so pick the one that doesn’t harm people
  4. Nov 27, 2018

Kapardin Full Member

You are disrespecting the animals there. Worse than animals.

https://www.google.co.in/amp/s/www....late-fans-brutally-kick-pig-boca-juniors/amp/

Absolutely sick. Torturing an innocent animal. If football can turn humans into such depraved fiends, maybe it shouldn't exist.
  5. Nov 27, 2018

adexkola Arsenal supporter

Me, and you. Yo momma, and yo cousin too.
    Supports:
    orderly disembarking on planes
    What the hell is up with people castigating a whole bunch of supporters based on the actions of a few idiots? This ironically is how English supporters travelling abroad get labeled as hooligans because of their passports based on the actions of a few.

Of course there is a correct outcome here. Ban the parties directly responsible for the fracas. Tighten security before, during and after the game for Boca players. And if, and only if, violations occur repeatedly, do you play the game behind closed doors. Does moving the final to Abu Dhabi really benefit the game?
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2018
  6. Nov 27, 2018

macheda14 Full Member

I mean it isn’t strictly adhered to in any organisation, it’s case by case. However there is history of a matches being played behind closed doors throughout South America.
    Anyway Argentina fan troubles led to a total ban on away supporters in Argentina... So how do you propose you punish the home fans then, when they’re the only fans at fault now?
  7. Nov 27, 2018

macheda14 Full Member

Because a quite common way of punishing the few is by punishing the many. A strong example would be Heysel, when English hooliganism was at it's peak it caused the death of many supporters, a total ban on English teams in Europe was put in place. Was it fair? No. Was it the correct thing to do? Yes.

Also English tourists are the worst in general, much of mainland Europe has a lesser opinion of us regardless of football.
  8. Nov 27, 2018

izec Full Member

Wow, Boca got the home advantage and River get it denied.
  9. Nov 27, 2018

Ainu Full Member

How is the post you quoted doing that? :confused:

I read Conmebol may feel that tightening security would be difficult due to the G20 summit which starts in Buenos Aires on Friday and will require heavy security resources. If they feel that may prevent the final from being played in secure enough conditions, than surely you can't argue against that. Safety has to be the first concern, everything else is secondary.
  10. Nov 28, 2018

Chicharo Full Member

If I' am not mistaken, Boca insist they won't play the second match, and now it comes down to Disciplinary Panel?
    So, what do you think happens next? If the Panel decide in favor of River, will Boca still adhere to their decision or not?
    Will there be the second leg or not?
  11. Nov 28, 2018

Peyroteo Professional Ronaldo PR Guy

Supports:
    Sporting CP
    Bonkers decision to have the second leg not be played in River Plate's stadium.
  12. Nov 28, 2018

Charles Miller Full Member Verified Moaner

It would be the supreme irony if the Bananera-Conmebol had to send the game to some Brazilian Arena after robbing the Brazilian clubs the entire competition, distorting the reality of the South American football to fabricate an artificial final.
  13. Nov 28, 2018

carvajal Full Member

Supports:
    Real Madrid
    I wouldn't like to be in Caverna's shoes right now.
  14. Nov 28, 2018

RobinLFC Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Yeah it's bonkers to punish a team for their fans' behaviour. Go figure.
  15. Nov 28, 2018

IFC 1905 Full Member

What a way to cry, man
  16. Nov 28, 2018

IFC 1905 Full Member

Boca will play under protest, and then they’ll go to TAS
  17. Nov 28, 2018

Chicharo Full Member

TAS?
    Seriously? That'll be like three-four days before the semis of the FIFA Club World Cup
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2018
  18. Nov 28, 2018

IFC 1905 Full Member

Yeah if river wins they’ll play the World Cup, and maybe after that boca could be given the championship :lol:

I don’t think there’s a reason for boca Not to play other than vengeance from what happened in 2015. I also think they know river is a better team. They got what they wanted taking the final outside of argentina and probably behind closed doors.
  19. Nov 28, 2018

Cal? CR7 fan

Potential venues for the final: Asunción, Miami, Genoa, Doha, UAE...
  20. Nov 28, 2018

Supports:
    Sporting CP
    Those aren’t football fans, nevermind River Plate fans... the punishment is clearly not in line with what happened.

Or is the club supposed to control what every single person wearing their shirt does?

If today 200 United fans wearing Liverpool jerseys go to Paris to attack PSG fans and players... would it be alright for Liverpool to get disqualified?
  21. Nov 28, 2018

RobinLFC Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised

Supports:
    Liverpool
    You assume that's what happened, but I haven't seen any proof of that. Even then, River Plate are not disqualified.
  22. Nov 28, 2018

Supports:
    Sporting CP
    It's an hypothetical, I'm not assuming that's what happened. You can't just massively punish a club due to the actions of a small minority of fans that might or might not even be associated with the club.

Not playing the second leg in River's stadium is incredibly unfair, especially when the reasons mentioned don't make sense.
  23. Nov 28, 2018

Le Red New Member

You're talking through your arse here. It's not football's fault that such criminals exist and if it wasn't for football or other sport, they surely would find another excuse to commit their vile acts.
  24. Nov 28, 2018

Nick7 Full Member

Yes you can. That's what happens all over the world when teams get punished for their fans actions. It's why sometimes some clubs have to play matches with no crowds or behind closed doors.
  25. Nov 28, 2018

IFC 1905 Full Member

I think for these games specially, it’s really important to differentiate if the incident happens inside or outside the stadium. In this case it was seven blocks away. Buenos Aires city’s minister of security quitted, and it’s almost confirmed that the incident was caused by one of the leaders of river plate hooligans, in vengeance of an operative made against him where the police took him 300 tickets plus money.
  26. Nov 28, 2018

Arbitrium Supposed to be taking a year off

They should play the second leg in spurs new stadium
  27. Nov 28, 2018

Irish Jet Full Member

Supports:
    Anyone but Rashford
    Will be played in Doha.

The middle east literally run this sport.
  28. Nov 29, 2018

Phil Full Member

Well it seemed like the obvious venue for the South American competition's final to be held
  29. Nov 29, 2018

Gio 6 times Redcafe Draft Winner

Pity. Probably the only game outside my own club that I'm arsed in watching over the next few months. And that was because the game had provenance. Taking it abroad removes just about every reason to watch it.
  30. Nov 29, 2018

carvajal Full Member

Supports:
    Real Madrid
  31. Nov 29, 2018

Ramshock CAF Pilib De Brún Translator

Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
    Anyone else think this was a Boca inside job after only drawing the first leg 2-2? :lol:
  32. Nov 29, 2018

#07 makes new threads with tweets in the OP

Its incredible that this game can't be policed properly enough for it to be played in Argentina. Sad for the River Fans who bought tickets expecting to see their team have a chance to win the title at home. I doubt the bulk of them will be buying airplane tickets to Europe or the Middle East.
  33. Nov 29, 2018

El Presidente New Member

They still haven't decided it?

I don't think they can disqualify River under these circumstances, since they will start a civil war. So this is as bad as it gets for them.

Are they seriously going to make argentines, out of all people, to travel to feckin Doha? What's so difficult to move it to another South American country, or even another Argentine city.
  34. Nov 29, 2018

#25 New Member

35. Nov 29, 2018

Spiersey Chelsea fan

They will travel in good numbers if allowed, once in a lifetime opportunity. Look at Peru for the World cup, people sold their homes etc to go.

Any of the locals know how I can get a ticket if fans are allowed? I'll easily get a flight to Madrid for it, once in a lifetime.
  36. Nov 29, 2018

Sgt.Major New Member

Will the Boca fans be able to buy tickets for this one? I suppose the River fans won't have to buy the tickets again and anyone who would've wanted to sell would easily find a buyer.
  37. Nov 29, 2018

Adisa likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt Scouse Lover

The entire shambles has been an embarrassment for Argentine football.
  38. Nov 29, 2018

GE Negative Moaning Mentalist

Why don't they just write-off Boca's first-leg and play a one-off final?
  39. Nov 29, 2018

Spiersey Chelsea fan

It is essentially, away goals don’t count anyway.
  40. Nov 29, 2018

Casanova85 New Member

Supports:
    FC Barcelona, Manchester Utd
    Wth, the Bernabéu, seems shocking/bellend at first but suddenly it makes all the sense in the world. LOTS of Argentinians in Madrid and Barcelona.

I'm glad the savages that caused the incidents at Buenos Aires won't be able to fly to Madrid.