1. United Hour Podcast: The First Wobble
    Dismiss Notice

Curious Case of Coutinho...

Discussion in 'Transfer Forum' started by Cheekiey, Mar 10, 2019.

1. Mar 14, 2019

Darlington Padgett New Member

He's played his best football through the left this season, we already have two players in that position in Martial and Rashford. That's his problem in Barcelona, he can't play as a midfielder.
  2. Mar 14, 2019

Ekeke Full Member

Reus and have Eriksen have been strong though
  3. Mar 14, 2019

dmode Full Member

No way we get him at this price, will surely prove to be a Sanchezesque transfer, better concentrate on our youth :drool:

[​IMG]

:devil:
  4. Mar 15, 2019

Bergman New Member

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Isnt Reus playing CF? Havent watched much of Dortmund but could have sworn he was leading the line.

Eriksen might actually be the best around on current form (depending on what you classify Pogba as). Really hope we at least try for him as he would complete our team.
  5. Mar 15, 2019

Charles Miller Full Member

He is consistently awful there. He can't dribble, can't pass, never shoots. And is not like the adversaries are stronger. Almost all of them are inferior to the opposition he used to face in the Premier League.
  6. Mar 15, 2019

Ekeke Full Member

Gotze is in front when its the two of them through the middle. And yeah for me under Ole Pogba is a 10, but coming from CM a bit like City with Silva and De Bruyne
  7. Mar 15, 2019

Negan New Member

I sincerely hope we don’t get this guy.

I get the whole “it’ll wind up the Scousers” thing... but then what? We’re stuck with a player who doesn’t fit the formation or system.

We play 433 with a DM. Coutinho isn’t capable of being an 8 like Iniesta... and even if he was, he’s not getting in over Herrera who has more legs and is more defensively secure. Do we play him at LW? What happens to Martial then?

It’s a bad idea. We need to get rid of Sanchez but if we sign Coutinho over Sancho, I’ll be absolutely gutted.
  8. Mar 15, 2019

Red Indian Chief Torn Rubber Thus says Kemo

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
    Coutinho can play in a rotating front 3 and at the tip of a diamond. The only reason I don't want him is I don't want us funding Barca's correction of their transfer mistakes.
  9. Mar 15, 2019

AgentP Full Member

Which will give us a free run at Sancho. Sounds perfect.
  10. Mar 15, 2019

Eleven-Eighteen New Member

He would make our team better but only if we were playing a formation that suits him. Have always highly rated him, especially outside the box with his shots on goal. Kind of like Nani in his prime (with the shot taking). It would also be amazing to see Liverpool fans' faces if it does happen.

He'd just cost too much though - both purchase price and wage bill. And to buy another player in that position, just doesn't make sense. What we need is a solid RW, and Coutinho just doesn't make the cut.
  11. Mar 16, 2019

Josh 76 Full Member

All those fans who were saying we don't need a player like Courtinho, because we have Lingard, Martial and Pogba , may want a rethink.
    I repeat what I said, we do not have a player to unlock 10 men defences!
  12. Mar 16, 2019

Un4givableB Full Member

I would take Courtinho is a sec, a swap for Alexis Sanchez ???

Wishful thinking :drool: