Daley Blind to Roma | Di Marzio: No agreement found, Roma switches targets

Discussion in 'Transfer Forum' started by davidmichael, Jan 30, 2018.

1. Jan 31, 2018

freshibal Full Member

the ultimate combination is genius and insanity
    :lol:
  2. Jan 31, 2018

Craig Ward Full Member

cant they switch they're attention to Darmian?

Both need to be sold
  3. Jan 31, 2018

Class of 63 Full Member

I quite liked him when he played alongside Smalling at the back, it kinda worked, it was probably Smalling's most consistent spell in a United shirt, and Blind had a calmed assurance about him, regularly getting the ball into a midfielder player on the move(something we're missing now), and for all the fears about his lack of pace/physicality he rarely got done for either, often just stepping in in front of the attacker whilst they were waiting for the ball.

But his future is in midfield, thats where he's playing for Holland at the minute, I wouldn't particularly fancy him in a two, but in a three he'll do a very good job for whoever is lucky enough to sign him(if he leaves)
  4. Jan 31, 2018

Class of 63 Full Member

Physicality maybe, but I don't think he's any slower than Matic, Carrick, or Paddy Crerand

He's easily a £25m+ player if only for his versatility, but we won't be getting that from Roma, or any Italian club at the minute.
  5. Jan 31, 2018

J_Red 11 Banned

5 OUT: Fellaini & Zlatan (contract expired), Darmian & Blind (sold), Carrick (retired)
    2 IN: FB & CM

21 or Over 21 y.o: DDG, Romero, Valencia, Young, Shaw, Smalling, Bailly, Lindelof, Jones, Rojo, Matic, McTomminey, Herrera, Pogba, Lingard, Mata, Sanchez, Lukaku, Martial, 2 more players.

Under 21: Rashford, Tuanzebe, Mensah, and etc.
  6. Jan 31, 2018

crossy1686 Full Member

Those 2 players coming in need to be class acts. We also need cover for Valencia at RB next season, he isn't getting any younger.

I'd argue three signings. LB, RB and CM.
  7. Jan 31, 2018

AndyJ1985 Full Member Verified Moaner

It's annoying the deal broke down. Would have been good to get him off the wage bill.
  8. Feb 2, 2018

United_We_Stand Full Member