Darren Fletcher's break from football

Discussion in 'Manchester United Forum' started by Maciek, Dec 13, 2011.

1. Dec 13, 2011

Commadus Banned

My friend has IBS and when he has his episodes hes in hospital on drips. he's thin as a waif. However as I mentioned I dont know anyone personally with what Fletcher has but is it similar to IBS?
  2. Dec 13, 2011

BaldwinLegend Full Member

Yes, it's a form of it.
  3. Dec 13, 2011

The Neviller Banned

Similar, but worse.
  4. Dec 13, 2011

towcester_red Full Member

A lad I play cricket with has Chromes. Its a horrific illness. For a sportsman to make a full recovery I would is extremely tough.

Im not sure how bad Fletcher has it, but my mate was in and out of hospital for years. Better now, but gets tired very easily.

Good luck Fletch, true pro.
  5. Dec 13, 2011

#07 Full Member

One Darren Fletcher! Sad day, get well soon.
  6. Dec 13, 2011

redevil2 Full Member

You are such a sad person!

Many sympathetic messages are always expressed to people who won't be reading or seeing, say some gestures to commemorate the heroic death, or some tragic incidents happened to important figures whose families aren't never going to read. But we do it out of respect and out of true emotion.

Sad person like yourself should stop making a fool of yourself post after post. You can't win because you are wrong on many levels.
  7. Dec 13, 2011

Livvie Executive Manager being kept sane only by her madn

Someone said that half of Caf members were thick.
    :( Such a shame for him.

Hope he makes a full recovery.
  8. Dec 13, 2011

The Neviller Banned

I'm by no means an expert, so couldnt say for certainty whether there is a ******** procedure by which a bag wouldn't be necessary, I only know than when my sister was told about the surgery option it meant having the bag attached, she took the other treatment option, which made her very ill, though it did help.

Edit: s urgical filtered for any reason?
  9. Dec 13, 2011

kietotheworld Banned

My employer will likely send me a message wishing me well, and then try and get me to go back to work as soon as possible, or find out how they can stop giving me as much money and replace me. That's just the reality of it.
    Yes, I have expressed a sympathetic message, but I take exception to people being slated for discussing the footballing impact, as it does no harm whatsoever.
  10. Dec 13, 2011

Tribec Full Member

Just as we thought he'd started to beat this virus, this happens. Very sad news, but with such a nasty illness he's got to put his health first.

As an sportsman, part of the job description are injuries, injuries which mean you miss a week, a month a season or even finishes your career. However, this isn't something you pick up by playing, so let's hope the lads in the dressing room, get on with the job, because in May I want to see a lap of honour with T-Shirts emblazened with Fletcher's name on it, if he's not back (which seems unlikely).
  11. Dec 13, 2011

MPTutd Full Member

Get well soon Darren.

Sure you will fight it with all the gusto of a midfield battle with Arsenal.
  12. Dec 13, 2011

redevil2 Full Member

Well said!!

However, to say that kietotheworld is just a little inconsiderate is giving him too much respect. He should apologise to say the least. But seeing how he thinks, he will probably come back to sprout more inconsiderate comments.
  13. Dec 13, 2011

Lance Uppercut Loves turn based games

fecked.
  14. Dec 13, 2011

Adzzz Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner

We need six months Scholes.
  15. Dec 13, 2011

MPTutd Full Member

Rugby player Lewis Moody also suffers from the same condition.

If Lewis Moody can play with the condition, I have no doubt the Fletch could make a return to the first team one day.
  16. Dec 13, 2011

Kelvin Banned

awful news and and totally out of the blue.
    get well soon Fletcher, hope to see you back on the pitch.
  17. Dec 13, 2011

henno Full Member

my wife suffers from ulcerative colitis and i can assure you its nothing like IBS.

the anagrams are probably getting mixed up, its a type of IBD (inflammatory bowel disease) and nothing like IBS (irritable bowel syndrom)

some of the symptoms are the same but its a completely different disease. Its an auto immune disease which is not curable and which requires stress, food and medical management.

I feel for darren, i hope he can get well enough to play for us again and i think we all wish him the best with this in the future
  18. Dec 13, 2011

MUFAN79 Full Member

:(
    Get well soon Fletch
  19. Dec 13, 2011

Adzzz Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner

Also, it's been very evident he's been quite seriously ill for a long time. You have to feel for the lad, he was incredible for a period.
  20. Dec 13, 2011

redevil2 Full Member

What a sad person you are! I think you have very bad bring up so I blame your parents. The world doesn't need people like you though, but we have to put up with you, eh!

Why can't you go to the transfer forum instead of on here?
  21. Dec 13, 2011

Pogue Mahone Poster of the year 2008

"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
    Well that explains a lot. The whole "virus" thing never really made sense.

Poor bastard. UC is a terrible affliction. Can't imagine trying to balance it with a career as a professional footballer. Here's hoping a long break will help get his health to a point where he can get his football career back on track. The odds are stacked against him though. Such a shame. Poor lad.
  22. Dec 13, 2011

Ash_G Full Member

Such a shame, I've always been a big fan of his and really wanted him to get back on form and show his quality, I'm sure he'll get his chance in the future though. Get will soon fletch.
  23. Dec 13, 2011

All depends on the severity. Gary Mabbutt had diabetes but it's bloody hard to be a professional athlete with a chronic illness like that. If it's in any way severe then it's almost impossible.
  24. Dec 13, 2011

duffer Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's

I work with someone who has it. It's not pleasant but he has a normal career. Can't imagine a footballer being able to stay match fit though.
  25. Dec 13, 2011

Decotron Full Member

This is fecking awful for the lad :(

lets all hope its a mild form of it...
  26. Dec 13, 2011

Commadus Banned

So the virus that United were reporting Fletcher was suffering from was all bluff?
  27. Dec 13, 2011

I think it's partially the name of a website someone from here had something to do with that the mods don't want mentioned. Or something.
  28. Dec 13, 2011

henno Full Member

Ulcerative colitis - PubMed Health

bowel removal is the last straw in the most extreme of cases.... lets hope hes nowhere near that level.
  29. Dec 13, 2011

Read the press release.
  30. Dec 13, 2011

redevil2 Full Member

It's also about how his mental strength comes into play. Sir Steve Redgrave has been diagnosed with diabetes but still went on to win his fifth Olympic Gold.

Get well soon Fletch! I wish and I think he will bounce back!
  31. Dec 13, 2011

kietotheworld Banned

Don't really give a feck what you think of me or my parentage mate, you're just a faceless cock on the internet who's giving it large because you're upset at people discussing the footballing implications of a guy you're only aware of for footballing reasons getting a horrible illness. If you don't like my posts then tough shit.

Anyway, well done on turning this into an opportunity to trade abuse, there was a worry it might turn into a civil discussion back there.

All the best to Fletcher, but this exacerbates our already pretty serious midfield problems. Buying, or even loaning someone in January woudl be extremely prudent.
  32. Dec 13, 2011

Elliott Likes Loan Stickies

That's a shock, he looked on his way back to form against Benfica. Never mind his career for now, I just hope he'll be able to function in everyday life without too much discomfort.
  33. Dec 13, 2011

Sean_RedDevil Twitter bot

Well it's the normal case.

I know from a friend (He works as a steward) that a player from Birmingham City had a penis injury...........the official statement was that the has a virus.
  34. Dec 13, 2011

henno Full Member

prudent!!?!?!?!

its an absolutle necessity at this stage..... personally id like to see at least 2 decent midfielders come in... feck the european cup tie issue... we need solidity and consistency straight away...
  35. Dec 13, 2011

Bross Noggie Pez Dispenser

Chillin with Giggsy at the Retardment Castle
    Wow. I have to admit Ive never been a fan of Fletcher as a football player but this really puts thing in perspective. A friend of mine has Crohn's which is similar and its a bitch of a disease to have for anyone, not to mention trying to balance it with a career as an athlete.

Good luck to Fletcher in the future, with his disease first and foremost and secondly his career.

The virus thing never made much sense to me, he looked absolutely terrible and drained when the first pictures from the training pics came out after his long absence. At least we know now.
  36. Dec 13, 2011

Decotron Full Member

:lol:
  37. Dec 13, 2011

redevil2 Full Member

I truly believe you don't care about what other internet users think of you for sure. You yourself are hiding behind a computer and giving out abuse to those who are more sensitive than you.... what a shocker!
  38. Dec 13, 2011

kietotheworld Banned

Extremely! I don't think Europa League eligibility will even come into it, I'm not sure we'll even be taking that competition seriously. The problem is finding someone good whose club is willing to let him go.
  39. Dec 13, 2011

kietotheworld Banned

Of course I care what other internet users think of me, just not all of them, only those who I respect. I'm not hiding behind anything, and you can hardly preach about abuse when you started saying I had been brought up badly and blaming my parents for some perceived inadequacy in me. The only person I have abused is you after you behaved like a complete bellend and started making personal attacks against me and my family.
  40. Dec 13, 2011

Why don't you two trade PM's or something?