6.3 Average rating
22 Appearances
5 Clean sheets
  1. Nov 16, 2018

Zoo Full Member

Yeah sure
  2. Nov 16, 2018

King.of.Red New Member

Well, now many people in Spain wont like him so it's safe to say that he wont move to la liga. C'mon Dave, just renew your contract with us. We all love you. :D
  3. Nov 16, 2018

Red00012 New Member

He set his standards so high every little mistake he makes is scrutinized. Still the best GK in the world though.
  4. Nov 16, 2018

SportingCP96 Full Member

Supports:
    Sporting Clube de Portugal
    I dont know I mean he is freaking fantastic save after save game after game BUT when he puts on the Spain shirt he is god awful I dont know what it is? he just cant perform for Spain I feel his name keeps him in the lineup.

De Gea for United is a different player I swear.
  5. Nov 16, 2018

tentan New Member

He should be dropped for Spain, he's never had a good game for them. Give Kepa a chance.
  6. Nov 16, 2018

abdo99 Full Member City Lover

DDG is part of the problem defensively. He's very good shot stopper but Both Spain and United have shaky defences and maybe his hesitancy to come for some balls or lack of commanding in the penalty area is affecting the two teams.
  7. Nov 16, 2018

ayushreddevil9 Full Member

One poor season and he is shit.. well
  8. Nov 16, 2018

Sauldogba New Member

I have never seen such a top top keeper be so un commanding in his box. He never comes out for corners or crosses be it to punch the ball away or catch it.
    Now compare that to prime Cech,Kahn,Schmeichel. Someone needs to have a word.
  9. Nov 16, 2018

Fridge chutney Full Member

:lol:
  10. Nov 16, 2018

meamth Full Member

Finally a season without Sir Matt Busby award. I reckon Martial will take it from him.

EDIT:
    Forgot Herrera won it.
  11. Nov 16, 2018

Chicharo Full Member

Of course.
    He had one mistake, and that one was initiated by lousy defending... Not really new for him
  12. Nov 16, 2018

Trizy Full Member

He hasn't been great this season, huh? Still the best in the world.
  13. Nov 16, 2018

rampo Full Member

If the overrated player can save 10-15 points for his team each season, then we need more such overrated players at United :drool::drool:
  14. Nov 16, 2018

JoaquinJoaquin Full Member

Just think he is going through the motions a bit at the moment
  15. Nov 16, 2018

Ban Full Member

Why exactly. Good saves from Rebić and Perišić and couldn't do much for any of our 3 goals.
  16. Nov 16, 2018

Ban Full Member

:lol:

Get out.
  17. Nov 16, 2018

Posh Red New Member

Probably the only player I can think of that performs better at United compared with their national team :lol:
  18. Nov 16, 2018

Adam-Utd Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

The parry for the 3rd wasn't exactly a big mistake.

The issue was the defence were literally sitting right infront of him, so croatia could stand about 5 yards away. He tried to push the ball wide but obviously it didn't fall perfectly and came out a little further than he would like.

The Croatian read it well and got there first.

If the line was higher he could have got up and cleared it, but hey ho.
  19. Nov 16, 2018

Kerry Donaghy New Member

Supports:
    Celtic
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Im sorry though, u can't be called 'the best in the world' at something if you're so poor at a big part of it (reading the game and coming out of your line), there's more to goalkeeping than shot stopping.

It's like calling someone who's really fast but smashes into every hurdle 'the best hurdler in the world'.
  20. Nov 16, 2018

Amar__ Not so Full Member

Supports:
    MK Dons
    Definitely. If you don't watch any other team beside United.
  21. Nov 16, 2018

PepsiCola Full Member

He's definitely the best shot stopper in the world.

But there are questions regarding his command of the area, coming off the line and distribution.

It's okay to discuss things.
  22. Nov 16, 2018

Ban Full Member

Well of course. Everybody is entitled to their opinion. I'm entitled to mine that your post was crap. No hard feelings.
  23. Nov 16, 2018

Johan07 Full Member

I love De Gea. He is top-three in the world IMO.
    Still does not mean that he does not have holes in his game.
    a) His kicking is average. Not bad, but far from great. He can improve.
    b) His command of the penalty area is probably not even average at PL-level. He is still not good at crosses and corners taken, even if he has improved immensely since he came to United. Its still the major part of his game to improve though.
    In that respect he is not really a Mourinho-GK, since a Mourinho-team almost invites crosses and corners/dead balls. And trusts the defense and GK to take care of this and turn it into transitions/counters.

Much have been said about De Gea saving us the last couple of years, and he has been great. Especially regarding b) above he could do better though. Much better. Its not just our defence´s fault that we look shaky at crosses and dead balls. De Gea has to shoulder some blame for this as well together with the accolades for the other parts of his game.
  24. Nov 16, 2018

Trizy Full Member

There's no questions about it though, is there? He's distribution is wank and he's like a puppy trying to command the box.
  25. Nov 16, 2018

We need an rvn Full Member

He's only worth what he is because our midfield and defence are shite.

Time to move on from the de gea god shite as we should not be paying out keeper more than real or Barca do their striker
  26. Nov 16, 2018

Kerry Donaghy New Member

Supports:
    Celtic
    As insightful and informative as your other reply, thanks.
  27. Nov 16, 2018

Rossa Full Member

And you were promoted how? He has much more to his game than shot stopping. I wouldn't swap him for anyone but that doesn't mean that he is flawless.

Most overrated, OK then
  28. Nov 16, 2018

PepsiCola Full Member

Man how do mods let posts like this fly?

What discussion does this promote? Its juvenile.
  29. Nov 16, 2018

Ban Full Member

No problem, mate.
    Look, we can talk about is he the best in the world, but to say he's the most overrated player in the world is a bit ott don't you think?
  30. Nov 16, 2018

Ban Full Member

I've seen much, much worse stuff which went unnoticed, yet you have problem with that post.
    Anyway it's a forum where you speak about, well, posts.
  31. Nov 17, 2018

giorno Full Member

Supports:
    Real Madrid
    I don't know whether it is his problem too, but as far as the Spanish are concerned, De Gea's massive, unforgivable flaw is....well, not being Iker Casillas

How much that affects him, i'm not sure. But until Spain wins something with him, or he has an incredible tournament, he'll keep getting blamed for stuff that really isn't his fault. Like against Croatia
  32. Nov 17, 2018

48 hours Full Member

Here’s his highlights from the Croatia game

33. Nov 17, 2018

Ban Full Member

Can't believe he's being blamed for our winning goal.
  34. Nov 17, 2018

Pow New Member

Supports:
    Chelsea
    Dont understand why he stays rooted to his line. Especially for spain.
  35. Nov 17, 2018

sugar_kane Full Member

He is the best shot stopper in the world but I think we could survive him leaving as long as we get better defenders in.
  36. Nov 17, 2018

MadDogg Full Member

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
    The strange thing is that if you compare top goalkeepers he probably is most like Casillas. Both amazing shot-stoppers (certainly the best of their respective generations), but their all round game isn't as good as others. It's why I'm a bit worried that De Gea relies so much on purely being such a good shot-stopper; just like Casillas did he may end up falling away quite significantly in the second half of his career as he can't rely so heavily on making amazing saves all the time.
  37. Nov 17, 2018

AltiUn likes playing with swords after fantasies

You've not given him a lot to work with to be fair, if you call him the most overrated player in the world you're probably not going to get people writing you dissertations on why you're wrong.
  38. Nov 17, 2018

giorno Full Member

Supports:
    Real Madrid
    People just want to blame him. Much like you guys with Alisson.
  39. Nov 20, 2018

Kerry Donaghy New Member

Supports:
    Celtic
    OK, fair enough.

I would consider being rated as the best in the world as being pretty highly rated.
    Not just that, it's as if it's just a nailed on fact that we should all accept, De Gea is the best keeper in the world, I hear it everywhere.
    I even heard Gary Neville say recently that De Gea is the equivalent of Messi in terms of his importance to his team.

I personally feel as though that is way too much praise for someone who has such a massive flaw in their game, particularly something as important as reading the game and coming out of their line.

A realistic comparison then.
    For years Romelu Lukaku was banging in goals for fun (not this year sadly) but he was never really considered as one of the best strikers in the world because his all round game wasn't that great, 'there's more to leading the line than scoring goals' people would say, a fair point that I agree with.

So how is this any different?
    'There's more to goalkeeping that shot-stopping', that's pretty much all I was saying.
  40. Nov 20, 2018

Kerry Donaghy New Member

Supports:
    Celtic
    OK, fair enough.

I would consider being rated as the best in the world as being pretty highly rated.
    Not just that, it's as if it's just a nailed on fact that we should all accept, De Gea is the best keeper in the world, I hear it everywhere.
    I even heard Gary Neville say recently that De Gea is the equivalent of Messi in terms of his importance to his team.

I personally feel as though that is way too much praise for someone who has such a massive flaw in their game, particularly something as important as reading the game and coming out of their line.

A realistic comparison then.
    For years Romelu Lukaku was banging in goals for fun (not this year sadly) but he was never really considered as one of the best strikers in the world because his all round game wasn't that great, 'there's more to leading the line than scoring goals' people would say, a fair point that I agree with.

So how is this any different?
    'There's more to goalkeeping that shot-stopping', that's pretty much all I was saying.