David De Gea

Discussion in 'Transfer Forum' started by MaxiPaxi, Mar 17, 2017.

1. Jul 14, 2017

Raoul Admin

Would be a great deal for both parties if that happened. I hear Jose is fine with Romero and Pereira if Dave leaves.
  2. Jul 14, 2017

Nero Full Member

The interest is over. It's clear from Mourinho's quote. Stone from the BBC is just putting it out wrong.
  3. Jul 14, 2017

Jericholyte2 Full Member

No matter how good Romeroa and Pereira are or can be, you'd be willing to lose arguably the best keeper in the world for a striker who has never scored 30 in a season (not first choice I know but the fact remains)?
  4. Jul 14, 2017

Raoul Admin

Depends how you look at it. I'm confident Romero can do a great job if Dave leaves and I'm also confident Morata will in a couple of years be one of the best strikers in the world. If Dave really wants to leave then we could do a lot worse imo.
  5. Jul 14, 2017

prtk0811 Full Member

Absolutely not , how will it be a great deal for both parties. Madrid need goals of morata and need money for mbappe and we don't need another striker and will need a goal keeper too.
  6. Jul 14, 2017

Reafer Full Member

In what way?

Consider all the surrounding points (whole context) given, and not to ignore it.

So far, Real doesn't put enough effort in buying De Gea, and do they even bid with shit load of money to get De Gea? Nope, so far, they don't push forward the deal to get him in this transfer window, within the recent Morata negotiation, or previous windows, they even canceled it at the last minute (that fax-machine fail funny story). From this, we can conclude high like they're not that interested in getting De Gea and no quick urgency/plan to replace Navas. If Real really are that interested, then why don't they get him already? Clearly, they have the financial strength, great winning top class squad and De Gea is known to be very fond. They hold the strong cards here.

^ But of course, all of us can only speculate, and the transfer could happen now onwards.. or not. Hope not.

Did you even think it through?
  7. Jul 15, 2017

POF Full Member

There's something that doesn't add up on this rumour. The ESPN article mentioned that United aren't worried because they don't feel Real can afford him. It almost suggests a buyout/release clause. If not then United have no obligation whatsoever to sell, irrespective of what Real can afford.

Now that United are no longer chasing Morata I am surprised this one came up again. It is a rumour that just won't go away and there is a sense of inevitability about it.

If Joel is the long term plan at United then I think Jose would like at least another 1-2 years from De Gea before he leaves.
  8. Jul 15, 2017

Pavl3n Full Member

If Madrid are setting the price for 2nd choice striker, who mainly gets in their team as a sub at £80m, you could imagine the price tag we set on one of the three best keepers in the world.
    They played hardball and so should we.
    £120 and no less.
  9. Jul 15, 2017

Cassidy Not to be confused with Cassady the Liverpool fan

Too cheap.
  10. Jul 15, 2017

Pavl3n Full Member

:D
    Honestly if they were to buy him and you are Woody, how much would you demand?
  11. Jul 15, 2017

Sunny Jim Full Member

Warsaw...that's too far away from Edinburgh...
    Indeed. Id honestly set the price at 150 mil or Varane + Morata+Marcelo.

Edit: just for the laughs ;)
  12. Jul 15, 2017

William_Meredith New Member

Supports:
    Swansea City
    Bale, Navas, and a weekend with Ronaldo's Mrs.
  13. Jul 15, 2017

Cassidy Not to be confused with Cassady the Liverpool fan

They wanted 80m for their second striker who is not even a top 15 player.
    They offered 120m for a teenager.
    150m is a minimum. TBH I wouldn't settle for less than Bale plus cash.
  14. Jul 15, 2017

giorno Full Member

Supports:
    Real Madrid
    EDIT: well, @William_Meredith aced it :lol:
  15. Jul 15, 2017

William_Meredith New Member

Supports:
    Swansea City
    In all seriousness, I'd probably pitch for around £40m and Asensio. I feel he would be a great option on the right wing and suited to the Premier League, and my impression is Real don't regard him as much of a 'box office' name as the usual suspects. If not, it's probably best just to rule the whole thing out up front.
  16. Jul 17, 2017

Sassy Colin Death or the gladioli!

Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
  17. Jul 23, 2017 at 07:04

Adisa Full Member

Confirmation that he's staying. Looks like he is not keen on leaving either.
  18. Jul 23, 2017 at 07:15

NYAS Full Member

There's an important part of Jose's quote from the press conference that isn't mentioned there.

He said he doesn't think it was a good feeling for De Gea after Real "closed" the possibility of a transfer.

Basically saying that De Gea has bad feelings toward Real because they pulled out at the last minute/the fax machine broke/they didn't want him enough. Therefore he doesn't see a possibility of him leaving.
  19. Jul 23, 2017 at 07:15

Adisa Full Member

Crucial point and why I think Perez sounded so pessimistic about him.
    '
  20. Jul 23, 2017 at 07:20

AbusementPark Operates the Unfairest Wheel

Thats how its done, club signalling their intention to Madrid to not even waste their time bidding for him. Glad hes staying, great keeper and showed a lot of class and commitment the last transfer saga.
  21. Jul 23, 2017 at 07:25

K2K Full Member

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
    Should start looking at increasing his contract now.
  22. Jul 23, 2017 at 07:27

Adisa Full Member

Agree but think he's the fax thing. They had the chance to sign him last summer but refused. Must have irked him. Or maybe it's still the fax which would make almost two years of speculation seem stupid.
  23. Jul 23, 2017 at 07:33

Subho611 Full Member

I think what probably irked him was the lowballing tactics RM employed to acquire a player of his ability and potential. It tells a lot about how your future employers value you.
  24. Jul 23, 2017 at 07:44

BennyBlanco fixated with Shaw's bum

Am I reading it wrong?

It read like Mourinho "opened" it again, this summer and Real backed off, again.
  25. Jul 23, 2017 at 07:48

Marcelinho87 Full Member

He probably spoke to him regarding the interest again so gave him the option and DDG turned round and said "Feck em the useless cnuts, I am staying here"
  26. Jul 23, 2017 at 07:49

Von Mistelroum Full Member

This is how I understood it too. He said they closed it or something. Seemed he was saying that we had opened the door, but Real closed it.
  27. Jul 23, 2017 at 07:54

Adisa Full Member

The website doesn't have all the quotes.
    He says he spoke to Dave and Dave being a honest guy makes it difficult for him to leave.
    He also says Dave has bad feeling towards Madrid.
    I think when he says "they", he's referring to De Gea and his people.
  28. Jul 23, 2017 at 08:13

Pexbo has never watched Star Wars

Total guess but I'm thinking that it probably involved Mourinho talking to Dave at the start of the summer to get a sense of where he was at so he could plan his squad.

Something like "You know, I never try to keep a player that doesn't want to be here so if you want to move now is the time to tell me"

To which De Gea explained where he was at and Mourinho and co left happy in the knowledge he is committed to us.
  29. Jul 23, 2017 at 08:15

LawCharltonBest Obsessive dog poo sniffer & anal about tweets

De Gea can't go until he's won another PL title with us!

Or according to LvG, his first one with us
  30. Jul 23, 2017 at 11:25

giorno Full Member

Supports:
    Real Madrid
    full quotes

"I can guarantee that he's not going this season," Mourinho said. "And my feeling is it will be very difficult for him to go.

"He's a very honest boy, very straight. He was contacted for a long time, the club was close, then we open [negotiations] because I always have this feeling of when a player has a desire to go, I don't like to stop players to go because in the end you don't get what you expect from them if they want to move and they don't.

"So we opened it and then they decided to close [negotations] and I don't think the feeling from him [toward Real] is very, very good.

"I see him very happy and focused and working better than ever, so for me, 100 percent, he stays with us."
  31. Jul 23, 2017 at 11:28

Nero Full Member

So basically it sounds like De Gea wanted to go, we allowed it to happen, Madrid decided not to go ahead with it, and De Gea said well feck you then.
  32. Jul 23, 2017 at 11:32

Judas Open to offers

Well clearly he wanted to go at one point, but I don't think it was this summer.
  33. Jul 23, 2017 at 11:34

abhayselvan Full Member

Madrid has been stringing De Gea along for three years now but don't want to pay up. I think De Gea must be fed up by now and might entirely give up the idea of moving to Real and commit to us for the long term.
  34. Jul 23, 2017 at 11:35

Scarecrow Full Member

Who gives a feck about the details? Dave stays.
  35. Jul 23, 2017 at 11:46

United Pro Full Member

No, if you look at Mourinho said, I think it was this summer. It was reported before the end of season (Castles) that Mourinho had asked De Gea if he wanted to join Madrid and De Gea replied that he did eventually want to go there. So, Mourinho opened the door for him to leave this summer. We probably asked for Morata in return and Madrid naturally tried playing their games by saying that they were not interested in De Gea and tried flogging Morata to us for £80m. Madrid probably had plans to go in for De Gea after the Morata deal (according to reports), but I reckon De Gea decided against leaving after Madrid rejected moving for him earlier in the summer.
    Now what we need to do is extend De Gea's contract as currently he has 2 years+1 optional year that I presume we'll take, but by next summer even if we take the option, he'll only have 2 years left on his contract and Madrid will try getting him for relatively cheap.
  36. Jul 23, 2017 at 11:49

whatwha Full Member

This is my read on the situation too. Might be a good time to extend his contract (without increasing pay much, he's already the best paid GK in the world by some distance)
  37. Jul 23, 2017 at 11:51

AlexUTD New Member

Yeah good on you Dave! Tell the circus club to feck off!
  38. Jul 23, 2017 at 11:52

van Nistelrooy New Member

"I can guarantee that he is not going this season"

Am I dwelling too much on the last part of Mourinho's comment? So we have confirmed that he is staying put for the forthcoming season, but will he be gone next summer? Could we have already promised to let him go next season?

We need to significantly extend his contract to put my mind at ease.
  39. Jul 23, 2017 at 11:54

Nero Full Member

Don't think that means anything, the conversation was about De Gea leaving this summer so it's just natural to say no he'll be with us next season.

Also, Mourinho made it clear that we would have let him leave this summer if he wanted to go, so there would be no need to promise to let him go next year.
  40. Jul 23, 2017 at 11:54

whatwha Full Member

"Hey David, please sign this new contract or RedCafe poster van Nistelrooy won't have any peace of mind!" ;)