Didier Drogba leaves Chelsea

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by Scoreboard Red, May 9, 2011.

1. May 9, 2011

Scoreboard Red Banned

Any chance this was his last match for Chelsea against United?

If so, Didier; you have enraged me into disliking you so for several seasons but might I say you've been a worthy opponent down the years.

Ta-ra...
  2. May 9, 2011

AlwaysRedwood Banned

He's gone.
  3. May 9, 2011

VoetbalWizard Banned

where? madrid?
  4. May 9, 2011

Number7 Ret's Slave

We've kept him quiet more often than not but I'd still be glad to see the back of him. Arsenal would be breathing sighs of relief i think he has a crazy amount of goals against them.
  5. May 9, 2011

Scoreboard Red Banned

Indeed.

As I say, I have a severe dislike for him but he's menaced plenty of teams, including us, down the years.

I'll be glad to see the back of him but credit where credit's due, top striker...
  6. May 9, 2011

Feeky Magee TFD

Quality striker, bit of a twat on the pitch, top man off it I'm led to believe. Will be glad to see the back of him, that's for sure.
  7. May 9, 2011

Ramshock Full Member

the only chelsea player that would ever give our lads a sleepless night. I would be glad if he left for sunnier climes!
  8. May 9, 2011

Scoreboard Red Banned

Could see a Jose reunion (if Jose is still at Real by the start of next season that is), otherwise he might go to the old age home in Milan for a last big pay-day.

It's clear Drogba and Torres won't work with both at the club, and either Chelsea take a huge hit and continue Torres on the bench and keep Drogba, or let Drogba go citing his age and play Torres hoping he comes good.

I see this as daft considering Drogba is easily their best striker, probably their best player and has been the last few seasons since the decline of John Terry as some sort of Superhuman and Essien as less of a force in the middle as he used to be.
  9. May 9, 2011

December_16 Full Member

The day Lampard walks, I'll be a happy man as well.
  10. May 9, 2011

Number7 Ret's Slave

His legs are going... game completely passed him by today.
  11. May 9, 2011

Scoreboard Red Banned

Lampard is still a very good player and an obvious goal-threat (Torres might want to take note of his positioning and willingness for the Chelsea goal) but he hasn't been the player he was for a couple of seasons now.

Still, hats off to a player I would have had at United in the early 2000's were it not for Paul Scholes.
  12. May 9, 2011

Erictheking7 Full Member

From the trawler in front of the seagulls.........
    It will be a sad day when he leaves the EPL, he has been one of the best players in the league and one of the main factors in Chelsea's recent success.
    As a United fan it will be good to see the back of the bastard......
  13. May 9, 2011

RedThaiDevils#7 Full Member

Married with Manchester United, In love with Giggs
    Drogba and Torres don't link up what so ever....

I'd take Hernandez - Rooney anyday !
  14. May 9, 2011

Shimo Full Member

The one striker over all others that I fear United playing against. I do hope he leaves for his sake, he's given everything to Chelsea and now they'll obviously be focusing the team around Ladyboy, so unless he is in love with ChelseaFC - say thanks for the memories and good luck.

If I was Madrid, I'd try get him, though if he was feeling really cheeky, could angle for a move to Arsenal - he'd be lethal there I think with RVP behind him.
  15. May 9, 2011

elmo Can never have too many Eevees

One of the few people I wished we had signed. Imagine a front three of Drogba, Rooney and Ronaldo. :drool:
  16. May 9, 2011

surf Full Member

Their best player today, maybe the only decent one. While Torres, Essien, Terry, even Lampard, have declined, Drogba can still do it. Chelsea will miss him. According to one commentator, neither Drogba nor Torres has scored when they have been on the field together for Chelsea. Can that be true?
  17. May 9, 2011

Scoreboard Red Banned

Probably is true that stat, not that it matters much to me as I'm glad and almost relieved now that Chelsea made the monumental error in signing Torres as it disrupted Drogba.
    He was the best player when he came on against us in both Champions League matches, dropped for Torres.

Last season, he scored about thirty odd goals from memory yet dumped for a supposedly better player who has scored one goal in four months.

If he leaves Chelsea, I'd imagine it would be for Spain or Italy and he could certainly do a job for whoever, and whereas Torres might and probably will improve over time, it seems another error-ridden transfer policy, buying a Galactico over a proven, consistent player.

Stupid move...
  18. May 9, 2011

olesmyhero Emmy Moses

Is it just me or has he been much more tolerable this year in terms of his on field antics?
  19. May 9, 2011

Scoreboard Red Banned

Well someone said earlier he's meant to be a gent off the pitch, I dunno about that but he does seem quite amicable with the United lads when he plays against them these days.

I still think he's a massive knob but in all honesty, I can't think of an incident that has swayed my anger any more or less since his antics against us a few years ago, getting sent off in the CL Final, slapping Vida and starting on Tevez etc.

Other than almost always playing very well against us, there's not much he has done.

He is still a drama queen and seemingly knows when the cameras are on him, being overly-dramatic and gesturing to himself after a chance or something like that...
  20. May 9, 2011

I thought he celebrated with him when Torres scored his first goal for Chelsea.

Edit: Turns out I'm wrong.
  21. May 9, 2011

Feeky Magee TFD

That was me, he does incredible charity work, and I've read a couple of his interviews where he comes off very well.

Didier Drogba’s charity work shows how footballers ought to behave | The Sun |Features

EXCLUSIVE: Chelsea striker Didier Drogba pledges £3m to build a hospital in his Ivory Coast homeland | Mail Online

Didier Drogba brings peace to the Ivory Coast - Telegraph
  22. May 9, 2011

Scoreboard Red Banned

I've seen him dressed up like Eddie Murphy's mum in Coming to America for some sort of charity in Cote d'Ivoire, I think it was in his autobiography, not heard much else.
  23. May 9, 2011

Denis' cuff Full Member

bet he's hung like a fookin shire horse :smirk:
  24. May 9, 2011

Scoreboard Red Banned

I wouldn't like to have a wee stood next to him.

Might have already told you this, but a Lebbo mate of mine grew up with that Ahmed Elrich who had a couple of years at Fulham. Apparently, Papa Boupa Diop's chooper was literally down to his knees...
  25. May 9, 2011

Denis' cuff Full Member

you might think it's good but it's a bit of an inconvenience at times I'm tellin yer
  26. May 9, 2011

He's like Ronaldo, their on the field behaviour is horrible because of their willingness to do almost whatever it takes to win but off the field they do charity work which often goes unpublicized because it goes against the image which the media loves portraying them as.
  27. May 9, 2011

Denis' cuff Full Member

I'll be glad to see the back of him even though he provided one of the highlights of recent seasons in his Punch & Judy sketch with Lehmann
  28. May 9, 2011

davisjw Full Member

Drogba has matured and I was impressed with his displays on the pitch, helping our lads up, etc. A formidable foe and a favorite to play against to see a proper match up. Won't miss his diving or smirks, but I'll miss the battles.

At Madrid you couldn't see him starting and I read he wants back to France if he leaves. MLS I'm sure will be after him.. LA could use someone to put all of Beckham's balls in the back of the net. Saw the LA v. NY game two nights ago and Beckham should of had at least 5 assists....
  29. May 9, 2011

Scoreboard Red Banned

Being a big lad myself, I hate those morning train rides with the locomotive gyrations giving you awkward lob-ons, then having to get up to get off.
    Then there are times when I love them as they make you look magnificent...
  30. May 9, 2011

Cold_Boy Banned

Top striker!!

The only player who was always a threat yesterday.
  31. May 9, 2011

Rado_N Grinner ruined my tagline

I was thinking the exact same thing during the match yesterday. I've always thought he was a cnut on the pitch (though a gent off it), but I've found him almost likeable recently. Very odd, I don't like it.
  32. May 9, 2011

Escobar Poster originally known as Michel04

I noticed the same, he's acting much better on the field. Sometimes, he really troubled us (FA Cup Final?), and it was always interesting to see him against Rio and Vidic.

I just wonder how Essien could become so poor. He had so much energy and drive before
  33. May 9, 2011

Sam.G Banned

Agree with this.

Baby all grows up.
  34. May 9, 2011

unitedbhoy Full Member

I don't really have any dislike for him at all. He's been one of my favourite non united players for quite some time. But I will be delighted to see the back of him. He is an absolute beast and the most complete striker I have ever seen play the game.
  35. May 9, 2011

sincher "I will cry if Rooney leaves"

Not sure where he'd go to.

Edit: Yeah, maybe Real. Benzema might leave and obviously Adebayor will feck off to sit on the bench for City even though deep down he's probably better than Dzeko and more stable than Balotelli.
  36. May 9, 2011

Chorley1974 Lady Ole

I noticed this too, either less on field antics, or less snipers in the stands.
  37. May 9, 2011

Cina Shagawa Baby!

Once of the best forwards of the modern game. I'd say he was the best in Europe last year and a few times before it.

Great player, nightmare to play against, and seems to be a top bloke too.

But I'll have no problem seeing him leave.
  38. May 9, 2011

Sam.G Banned

Agree with this too. Drogba, on his day, is absolutely unstoppable. Fantastic player.
  39. May 9, 2011

MacMUFC Banned

Er, he's going marseille people.

I actually like Drogba now. Its strange.
  40. May 9, 2011

wr8_utd :'(

Great striker and will be glad if he leaves but he's never really troubled us all that much. One FA Cup goal and one million yard offside goal last year. I think because he's so physical that we actually play him quite decently. Vidic has gotten the better of him in almost all their meetings.