5.9 Average rating
11 Appearances
2 Assists
4 Clean sheets
2 Yellow cards
  1. Feb 10, 2019

Red Indian Chief Torn Rubber Thus says Kemo

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
    As long as he keeps contributing to our attacking width Im happy.
  2. Feb 10, 2019

zenith Full Member

It's his attacking intent that is so refreshing. The willingness to get forward and a good cross are both things he possess in abundance.

He does need to work on defensive awareness and not being drawn to the ball, but the lad has plenty of time to get that sorted. Hoping for big things from him in the future.
  3. Feb 10, 2019

SATA Full Member

I too think he should be playing reserves football if he isn't getting games for the first team. Doesn't hurt to play more football and try to develop his game further than to sit on the bench and not playing at all
  4. Feb 10, 2019

Sean_RedDevil Twitter bot

He hasn't played amazing but he has played much better than Young in the last months as RB.
  5. Feb 10, 2019

el3mel Full Member

At least 2-3 years away from being a main player here. The talent is there but he's so far from this level of football so far.

Will be a disaster entering next season with him and Young as our main options. We need a top right back while giving Dalot the odd games against weak oppositions.
  6. Feb 12, 2019

Footyislife Full Member

Right that's why I said loan him out. You make it sound like I said take the poor kid out to the shed and shoot him haha.

Despite being very physically gifted he's too raw. If you can do basic things like link up play & position yourself so you don't get burned several times as a RB again a bottom three side, I don't think he should be starting games for us. Maybe as a sub if the game is won.
  7. Feb 12, 2019

haram Full Member

Apparently the answer to developing any young player is to loan them out.
  8. Feb 12, 2019

Nick7 Full Member

Can't agree with that at all. Young has been far better.
  9. Feb 12, 2019

Rajma Full Member

As any young RB he will switch off at times but attacking-wise he's streets ahead of Young already and more often than not he's expected to combine with whom exactly on his flank? Mata and Lukaku? We badly need a proper RW as no RB in the world would perform under such circumstances to the high level.
  10. Feb 12, 2019

André Dominguez Full Member

Supports:
    Benfica, Académica
    He needs experience. I do think he got talent.
  11. Feb 12, 2019

STYLOISRED New Member

Am even surprised that he has managed to atleast have decent performances this season. Lets not forget he is 19 and playing his first season in a top league and so far all weaknesses to his game are weaknesses that can be ironed out with experience and maturity.
    He looks physically and mentally up to it and that is a good sign.
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
  12. Feb 12, 2019

Rozay Master of Hindsight

Think I saw a few things that would encourage me he will get better, but at the same time, I’m not one that just takes it for a given that a young player will improve to the required level. I don’t think he’s shown enough for me to say it’s only a matter of time, and any real confidence of that will be largely based on what I’ve read of him as opposed to what I’ve seen of him.

I’m not even massively on board with this theory that ‘hes terrible defensively but he’s great going forward’. I think when it’s all said and done, he will be more of a ‘solid’ full back. He has a great size, is good in the air; and isn’t particularly rapid. I think someone like Varela was a better example of a ‘needs to improve defensively but great attacking threat’ young FB, albeit older.

Ultimately, I think he will improve and am not holding poor performances against him at this age, but I would have liked to see a bit more to suggest he will grow into a top RB, as opposed to ‘because the pros say he will’.
  13. Feb 12, 2019

Bola Full Member

I agree that there is no harm yo-yoing between the u23s and 1st team, as the additional experience will do him well.

As long as he gets to train with the 1st team and keep getting game time, I'd be happy and it should not be seen as a punishment
  14. Feb 12, 2019

Sean_RedDevil Twitter bot

Another special Ashley Young performance tonight :lol::lol::lol::lol:
  15. Feb 12, 2019

Based Adnan New Member

Don't care if he's shite defensively. He's not any worse then Ashley fecking Young and offers much more going forward.
  16. Feb 12, 2019

Makalu New Member

Debatable that he's better than Young going forward, and Di Maria would have ripped him apart. Young wasn't the issue tonight.
  17. Feb 14, 2019 at 03:20

Adnan Twitter machine

What he needs is a full preseason and to stay injury free. He was injured for a large period of the season and has been thrown into the deep end from the get go literally. I honestly believe we'll see his true potential next season with a pre-season under his belt. He will then hopefully show why so many clubs wanted to sign him from Porto. I also think his attacking threat from fullback will be huge for us in the future.
  18. Feb 17, 2019 at 22:31

MAME DIOUF 32 Full Member

Knowing that PSG were always likely to rip us a new one down their left, it's probably better that Young took it rather than a kid who could end up having nightmares over it.
  19. Feb 18, 2019 at 18:26

Ander herrera the warrior New Member

I hope we consider him as a option for the right wing role, till the end of the season. He could do well in today's game helping out Ashley young against Hazard.