Djemba Djemba on his United journey

Discussion in 'Manchester United Forum' started by Hellboy, Dec 4, 2017.

1. Dec 4, 2017

Hellboy Full Member

French only sorry.

Some very nice anecdotes about CR7 who was his best friend, and losing Foé in the conf cup. Surprisingly nothing about Rooney :

He also - surprisingly - thinks he left a mark on the club, recalling an episode when the fans clapped him at OT a few months ago.
  2. Dec 4, 2017

Skizzo Full Member

Guess I'll just pretend I know what he's saying then :)
  3. Dec 4, 2017

MadMike Full Member

Holy shit, I was thinking about him today too. Mentioned him to @Zebs earlier.

Don't know about the club, but he left an impression on me at least. Not a great one sadly
  4. Dec 4, 2017

Classical Mechanic Full Member

The only thing I remember from his time at United was when he knocked down a kid in his car.
  5. Dec 4, 2017

Snow Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down

It's not surprising that he thinks he left a mark. Who here doesn't remember Djemba-Djemba, the man so good they named him twice. Scored a winner against Leeds, ultimately wasn't good enough to fill Keane's boots (who would have thought?).

Not a very good signing but not bad like some other midfield purchases in the late SAF era.

I doubt there are many players with under 20 league appearances for United that get as many mentions on here.
  6. Dec 4, 2017

Josep Dowling Full Member

Let’s be honest though we only remember him because of his alliterative name.
  7. Dec 4, 2017

Snow Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down

Doesn't matter if that's the reason, he still left a mark here and not in a bad way like Taibi or poor Chadwick because of his looks.
  8. Dec 4, 2017

whatwha Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea

I don't understand French but I've had this playing in the background for 15 minutes. He may have been a bit shit on the pitch, but he's soothing to listen to. :)