Douglas Costa?

Discussion in 'Transfer Forum' started by Sassy Colin, Dec 20, 2018.

1. Dec 23, 2018

B&Wandmore Full Member

Supports:
    juventus

I have not said that juve doesn't sell. I said there is not a chance in hell that we will sell in January weakening a side that is fighting on 3 fronts, especially now with cuadrado and bernardeschi that have injuries. Juve sells strategically to strengthen the team and having already planned how to invest the money, not to get a quick buck in the winter market since if doesn't need to.
    No key player has ever been sold in January and assuming that juve will sell Costa because they receive an offer that is not even high implies that you either don't know the situation or you assume that juve is a team in financial distress and is forced to sell at the buyer's conditions.
  2. Dec 23, 2018

el3mel Full Member

He's Brazilian version of Nani, magnificent but inconsistent. I'll take him in heartbeat, better than anyone we can play on the right.
  3. Dec 23, 2018

Red Indian Chief Torn Rubber Thus says Kemo

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
    You did not.

First,
    You never mentioned neither Bernersdeschi nor Cuardardo before, nor '3 fronts' in our first interaction. It was infact I who even brought up Bernerdeschi to you, and ONLY because I was unware he got injured after the Roma game, which would render a Costa unsalable given what I do know about Juve and how they approach a transfer market.

You instead strictly argued Douglas Costa is indispensible based strictly on what he offers as a player, (which I disagreed with Citing a fit Bernerdeschi), On top of strangely trying to imply I see Juve as a second tier selling club or worse a team badly in need of the money.

Don't try to switch positions round after the fact. Seriously....

Which is PRECISELY what I've already said Juventus do. Here:

"Says their long history of selling players for good money if they are certain they can replace them with little fuss.

They key words being ' IF" and "LITTLE FUSS".

As in they DONT sell planlessly. Never have. Probably never will.

you need to pay better attention
    to what you reply to. For if neither of the conditions I stupulated are met, Juve wont ever sell a player like Costa.

Classic case of deliberately not bothering to read what you reply to:

1. If you think 50 plus million 'isn't even high'. It Implies you think fees like what was paid for Pogba 'isnt even high'. Or you are being obtuse for the sake of it

2. I'm only responsible for what I type actually means. Not the mad things you CHOOSE to imagine about it. I haven't anywhere, at any point indicated Juve are in financial distress nor need to accede to a buyers needs. Ive pretty much states the opposite. I'd appreciate it if you stuck to what I've actually said. Not what you assume nor trying to attribute what other arguments others have used in here to me.
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2018
  4. Dec 23, 2018

Adisa likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt

What do we make of Rai Sport?
  5. Dec 23, 2018

Nate Dogg Don't Make Me Angry

Good but not world class!
  6. Dec 23, 2018

Nou_Camp99 New Member

What team have you been watching?

1. Martial's best position is LF. He drifts inside anyway so he basically plays like a striker at a time.
    2. Rashford has hit some real form over last few weeks since he started getting game time in his best position.
    3. Sanchez can go find a new club. That 400,000 a week mistake needs rectifying. No way should he be our highest earner.
  7. Dec 23, 2018

abdo99 Full Member

We should offer Darmian in exchange. Weren't Juventus supposed to be interested once?
  8. Dec 24, 2018

B&Wandmore Full Member

Supports:
    juventus
    Costa would not be sold in January full stop, you can argue all you want:D he would not be sold even with berna and cuadrado healthy, that's just an additional reason.
    As for the fee 50 is not high no since we paid him 45. Not sure what does pogba had to do with this since he was paid 110m 2 years ago and we got him for nothing, and was sold in the summer to finance higuain and pjanic.
  9. Dec 24, 2018

beingshe7don Full Member

Exactly
  10. Dec 24, 2018

B & W New Member

Supports:
    Juventus Turin
    This is a joke. Douglas Costa is an important player in Juventus. He could not play many matches because of an injury and a ban for some weeks because he spit on the face of an opponent for something he said, nobody knows what. Then he required some other weeks to be fit to play.
    Usually he plays in second half because this is the best way to use him. When opponents are tired he can destroy their defense running like The Flash in the middle of them. If someone will try to buy him for 40 millions, he will be kicked out immediately.
  11. Dec 24, 2018

You cannot be surprised if he's not satisfied with that.
  12. Dec 24, 2018

Sauldogba New Member

I have only seen him play like 4 times.
    3 times for Juventus once in the World Cup for Brazil where he came on as a sub and instantly changed the game.
    From what i can remember from whenever I have watched him is that he seemed like a better player than Martial and Rashford.
  13. Dec 24, 2018

Completely destroyed Madrid at the Bernabeu lasr season.
  14. Dec 24, 2018

Completely destroyed Madrid at the Bernabeu lasr season.
  15. Dec 24, 2018

enigmista New Member

Supports:
    Juventus
    Juve does not sell and only does minor operations in January. This year we will do absolutely nothing.

That said, Costa is Allegri's favorite 12th man. He is always the first sub when we need to change the rhythm of a game. He has not started many games this year due to a long ban and some minor injuries (and Mandzukic's fantastic form). Summing it all up, he is not for sale. In the summer the winger who will leave, if any, will probably be Cuadrado.
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 24, 2018
  16. Dec 24, 2018

BrianMcClair'sBarnet Full Member

What's his attitude like ?
  17. Dec 24, 2018

Hoof The Ball Full Member

When he's on-form and consistent, there's not many better wide players in the world. He can, at will, destroy an opposition with sublime dribbling, speed and crossing. The issue is his consistency. He probably won't ever achieve that kind of consistency at this point. I imagine if he was going to he'd already have done it, especially playing for two dominant league clubs in Bayern and Juventus.
  18. Dec 24, 2018

Vanya Full Member

if he does join United, it would be typical of him to take the league by storm in his first 10 games (like he did at bayern and juve) and then gradually fizzle out.

On his day he is unplayable. And just like some very talented players he's just too inconsistent. I would love to have him here, but I dont think hes a long term solution to the RW problem.
  19. Dec 24, 2018

Gopher Brown Full Member

Spits in people’s faces.
  20. Dec 24, 2018

BrianMcClair'sBarnet Full Member

So,what you're saying is he'd be like Di Maria.
  21. Dec 24, 2018

TwoSheds More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably

Quality player, not sure we need another talented trouble maker though. We need leaders and winners IMO.
  22. Dec 24, 2018

MaxiPaxi likes to shove his mum's boiled eggs up his rectum

That of a cobra.
  23. Dec 24, 2018

MaxiPaxi likes to shove his mum's boiled eggs up his rectum

Spunk the war chest on Sancho. Forget about this spitting lunatic.
  24. Dec 24, 2018

B & W New Member

Supports:
    Juventus Turin
    I have a news for you. Meanwhile we bought Cancelo. And De Sciglio improved very much his game. I don't think we are interested to any other player in this position. In the past we were interested to Darmian only because the side needed a sub, he was italian and didn't play with Mourinho, and his contract was near to the end, so someone thougt it was possible buy him for a little amount of money. But UTD decided to sell him only for EUR 20 millions or something like that. Juventus refused and I think that now you will lose the player without to receive anything. And I think he will play for other sides than Juventus. Sorry but I think that for EUR 10 millions (that was the offer, I think) you had to sell him, given that he plays only a few matches every year and you knew that he wanted to go.
    About the switch Costa/Darmian, you can do this kind of trades only with Inter. In the past they switched Seedorf for Coco, Cannavaro for Carini and Pirlo for Brncic.
  25. Dec 24, 2018

B & W New Member

Supports:
    Juventus Turin
    He never said he is not satisfied. If you think that this is enough to let Juventus sell him for EUR 40 million, then, given what happened this year, UTD has to sell Pogba for less than EUR 1 million.
  26. Dec 24, 2018

B&Wandmore Full Member

Supports:
    juventus

Yes that's a better option, please leave us flash Costa:D
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2018
  27. Dec 25, 2018

Cheekiey Full Member

Any reliable update on this? seeing on twitter by various people we bid £53m ect. any truth or usual BS
  28. Dec 25, 2018

Adnan Twitter machine

No one reputable has reported anything regarding us signing him.
  29. Dec 25, 2018

Hakara New Member

Supports:
    Bayern München
    One of the players I regret we let go to be honest. With both Ribery and Robben on their way out of the game, we just let him go to Juve. Great addition to any attacking side, fast on and off the ball, good crosses, can go inwards, good one on one. No idea why we let him go.
  30. Dec 25, 2018

Rai Sport said we bid for him but I don't know how reliable they are.
  31. Dec 25, 2018

Lash Full Member

Supports:
    Millwall, Saint-Etienne
    I’d take him on loan with an option to buy. He’s not getting game time, so it works for both parties, but no way should we be buying him in Jan.
  32. Dec 25, 2018

Scholsey2004 Full Member

:drool: Sancho...:drool:
  33. Dec 25, 2018

LazyRed-Ninja LazyGrammar-Ninja

Havent United learnt their lesson in bidding for 30 plus year old wingers... its a big risk especially with adapting to the PL. Sanchez was a PL proven player and struggled at United. Cuadrado was tearing it in Italy and struggled at Chelsea. For the rebuild, i think fans would rather see a long term signing.
  34. Dec 25, 2018

matherto ask me about our 50% off sale!

Can we not?

He's crap.
  35. Dec 25, 2018

Scholsey2004 Full Member

I suspect we've sounded out the player and his agent and he's OK with the idea but that it won't happen because Juventus won't sell in January. If you look at their squad they'd be left a bit short without him.
  36. Dec 25, 2018

Scholsey2004 Full Member

He's 28.
  37. Dec 25, 2018

Eric's Seagull Full Member

Don't think we need a long term signing for the right. In my opinion we need a someone in that position until until Chong is ready, providing he keeps developing at this rate.
  38. Dec 25, 2018

Blackwidow Full Member

If it is because of Mandzukic - Mandzukic has his position set because CR7 is able to play "off" him like he did with Benzema. It is great when he scores himself - but that is not the main issue with a player like him if you have other players that can score behind him, too.
  39. Dec 25, 2018

LazyRed-Ninja LazyGrammar-Ninja

Correct indeed, i am still not convinced to be honest. Last time he scored more then 4 goals in the competition was 5-6 years ago. The team doesnt only need pace but an actual end product in terms of assists and a cross or two. If he is the only realistic option for a reasonable fee, i would be for it, simply because the team is lacking a real right winger for some time now.
  40. Dec 26, 2018

AkaAkuma Full Member

5 months older than Mahrez, who most would consider in his prime years.