Drogba

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by KM, May 19, 2012.

1. May 20, 2012

Mockney Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year

There's a part of me that would've liked Torres to score the winning pen, just to see how mental it would make Liverpool fans, but Drogba was the most deserving. He rescued them from an abject performance..and has done many times.

Granted he also almost fecked it for them. But that only really makes me like him slightly more.
  2. May 20, 2012

Ole'sbodyguard Full Member

Incredible record in finals. Better than Sparky's and his was excellent.
  3. May 20, 2012

Cutch Shit stirrer (Literally)

Fair play to him, the epic cnut
  4. May 20, 2012

Sally Cinnamon Full Member

My exact sentiments. Bullet header he scored tonight.

feck most of the rest of them.

Gutted for Spurs.
  5. May 20, 2012

charlenefan Far less insightful than the other Charley

1 v Liverpool Carling Cup 03/04
    2 v Arsenal Carling Cup 06/07
    1 v United FA Cup 06/07
    1 v Spurs Carling Cup 07/08
    1 v Everton FA Cup 08/09
    1 v Portsmouth FA Cup 09/10
    1 v Liverpool FA Cup 11/12
    1 v Bayern UCL 11/12

I know Finals are big games but given Drogba's scoring record against Arsenal Spurs and Liverpool in general and the majority of that opposition was extremely favourable for Drogba.
  6. May 20, 2012

Annihilate Now! ...or later, I'm not fussy

They're not exactly 3 easy teams in his defence! Plus he scored against us... which obviously counts as double as we're clearly the hardest opposition he's faced.

To score in 8 finals out of 9 is obscene.
  7. May 20, 2012

That's an amazingly odd way of looking at it. Basically, because he always scores against the bigger teams, some shitter ones would've been more impressive?
  8. May 20, 2012

Ole's_toe_poke Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke

Exactly what I was thinking. :lol:

Not sure the point he was trying to make at all.
  9. May 20, 2012

charlenefan Far less insightful than the other Charley

No but then Chelsea aren't an easy side either but Rooney for example has a good recent record against them, some players just have teams they find it easy to score against.

I'm not criticising him because scoring in that amount of finals against any opponent is impressive just looking to add a little clarity to the matter.
  10. May 20, 2012

FlawlessThaw most 'know it all' poster

Don't know about anyone else but did it look like before the shoot out Di Matteo was begging Torres to take one but he didn't seem up for it? Could have sworn he was shaking his head and Di Matteo was trying to make a grab for him.
  11. May 20, 2012

Yeah i saw that. He seemed to be asking him if he'd take one, and Torres just walked away...then he grabbed him to get his attention and seem to coax a yes out of him. I imagine he'd have been somewhere close to Drogba, but he didn't look at all like he wanted to.

Also, he's a cnut, but how good was Cashley's pen? Probably the pick of the bunch chelsea wise in probably the hardest circumstance. He really has been a brilliant player....the panting snapping twat.
  12. May 20, 2012

Aye Cole's was a great pen, the cnut.
  13. May 20, 2012

TheHorse'sMouth Full Member

Hate him, but I respect him. Always turns it on the big occasions..he's worthy of all the credit he receives. Terry on the other hand..
  14. May 20, 2012

Cutch Shit stirrer (Literally)

I can't even remember the Chelsea pens. They were weird in that they consisted of me sayinng that mata would miss but remaining quiet for the rest
  15. May 20, 2012

Jippy Sleeps with tramps.

Yeah me too, and Cole tbf- excellent loyal servants to the club and consistently world class and big game players.
  16. May 20, 2012

izzydiggler Full Member

Outside Balague's bedroom door wearing a Michael M
    Absolute beast of a player - and available on a free. With Berbatov and Owen leaving, he'd be a great short-term acquisition.

Expect him to sign a new contract at Chelsea though.
  17. May 20, 2012

Neo_Mufc Full Member

200-250k a week salary should do it. To be honest I'm surprised Chelsea were/are willing to let him go.
  18. May 20, 2012

Youngie Full Member

Should Arjen Robben convert the penalty that resulted from the ridiculously naive foul from Drogba and the Ivorian is forever cast as the villain of the piece......
    But No! The bald twat misses.
    All is forgiven, and Didier suddenly takes on the role of God-Like Hero as he scores the winner in the lottery that is a penalty shootout.
    feck off Football you Fickle Bastard...!
    This season sucks!
  19. May 20, 2012

izzydiggler Full Member

Outside Balague's bedroom door wearing a Michael M
    There is no way anybody will give a 33/34 year old £200k+ but a cheeky £100k contract offer (still a huge wage) would be worth a go, surely.
  20. May 20, 2012

ravelston Full Member

Impressed me that Drogba was the one who took the cup and gave it to Abramovich. Thoughtful gesture.
  21. May 20, 2012

Ole's_toe_poke Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke

Didier always comes across as a top bloke. Except for his rolling around and play acting.
  22. May 20, 2012

Snow Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down

Thought the problem was the length of contract, not the wages.

Almost blew it for Chelsea tonight after being the one that kept them in the game. Should definitely have been sent off in his 2nd Champions League final match in extra time.

You guys confuse me. This place doesn't seem very disappointed that Chelsea won this and a lot of comradery going on here. I don't get it.
  23. May 20, 2012

I am raging that Chelsea won. feck them. I just kind of like Drogba.
  24. May 20, 2012

Jayvin Full Member

Both Robben and Olic's pens were awful, especially Olic. You could tell from the moment he stepped up which way he was shaping to shoot.

Luiz's pen was amazing.
  25. May 20, 2012

pete_8 Full Member

Yeah and Cech
  26. May 20, 2012

Sunny Jim Full Member

Warsaw...that's too far away from Edinburgh...
    Yeah, its hard not to respect him for all.his charity work. hes a great player, shame he dives though. all in all i do like him and him lifting the cup was not a bad thing at all (i was hoping bayern would win it)
  27. May 20, 2012

Cold_Boy Banned

One of my most favorite strikers ever.

What a player!!!

Hate to admit but I like him despite of his antics.Just find them funny.
  28. May 20, 2012

Stack Leave Pep Guardiola alone!!!

Having seen a few interviews with him on tv he seems to me to be a pretty decent guy.
  29. May 20, 2012

lilcurt Full Member

Amazing player. Would make a cheeky approach for him but his wages are probably to muc for us.
  30. May 20, 2012

amolbhatia100 Barbiturates ain't got nothin' on me

His antics on the pitch can be off putting but for some reason I like and respect Drogba. He's absolutely unplayable at his best, probably more so than any striker in recent years. And he almost always delivers on the big occasion. The guy really really has bottle. One of the few players to torture Barcelona time and time again, one of the few players to have a goalscoring record like that in finals and last night dragged Chelsea back into the game with that brilliant header, and I just knew, unlike Terry, he was not going to miss the penalty last night.

For me, if I have to take any positives out of last night, of which there there are otherwise very few, it's that Drogba was the guy who did the business for Chelsea. Better than the rest of the team I couldn't give a toss about.
  31. May 20, 2012

Lawman Full Member

:houllier: Your kidding right! Been a beast of a player but his legs have gone, same as Essien! We are coping with Scholes and Giggs (whose contributions are proving invaluable) but I don't want another we have to manage in this way, so roll on the youth its the way forward for us!!!
  32. May 20, 2012

amolbhatia100 Barbiturates ain't got nothin' on me

Same here. Obviously I don't care the way I would if City or Liverpool won but I hate the fact that Chelsea are champions of Europe (even sounds wrong). But I do like Drogba. About the only player out of that lot I have any time for.
  33. May 20, 2012

Red Indian Chief Torn Rubber Thus says Kemo

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
    I'm happy for him.
  34. May 20, 2012

Amir Full Member

Aside from causing a penalty yesterday, he missed a big one in the African nations cup not too long ago. Cost Ivory Coast the title. But that's football and now he's (rightfully) the hero.
  35. May 20, 2012

JazzG Resident Arse.

His qualities as a player have never been in doubt, a real monster on the pitch however all the diving and cheating is so unnecessary from him and really leaves a black mark against his name. He doesn't need to do it and from what I've seen only does it for Chelsea and not for his country.
  36. May 20, 2012

Most of us aren't 13. I was more pissed off at Liverpool winning the FA Cup Semis than I am about Chelsea winning this. There is a fair bit of amusing bittness around though. The thread claiming football is now dead and integrity less because teams we don't like won the things we didn't is a good one.
  37. May 20, 2012

FlawlessThaw most 'know it all' poster

I was definitely bitter last Sunday no doubt and I could not stand it in 05 when Liverpool won. Chelsea winning the CL is no big deal to me and aside from Terry being involved it wouldn't any different if Bayern had won.
  38. May 20, 2012

Don16 Annoying cnut

He's been a premier league legend for me. Up there with the best of them

39. May 20, 2012

Snow Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down

Why make a big deal out of it at all. I don't like Chelsea winning it but I pretty much stay quiet about it but now that they have we've got all sorts of little creatures coming out and saying "I'm happy for this guy and this guy, not this guy".

I understand people being bitter about Chelsea winning this given how they managed to win this and that they are Team Oil nr. 1 still but I don't see the reason for being happy for them. They were boring to watch, they only won because the other teams didn't score from their shedload of chances (that's cup competitions for ya) and their team is essentially a bunch of unlikable players that are generally not well liked on this forum. If they were Liverpool players we'd hate Liverpool more than we do now because of said individuals.

Regarding Drogba it's just a bunch of hypocrisy really. A few years ago he was the most unlikable players in football. I know a lot of very casual viewers who don't like him because they've seen him play a couple of times. What's changed? The charity bits? He's always done them. I'm sure Abramovich gives lots of money to charity but he's still a crook that has loads of money left.
  40. May 20, 2012

RedRonaldo Full Member

Chelsea should never let him go, such a beast of a player. Put him on big matches and you can surely count on him.