Eden Hazard | "I am signing for Chelsea"

Discussion in 'Transfer Forum' started by jdmufc, Jun 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Apr 22, 2012

NoLogo Full Member

I would definitively go for Hazard. We have a variety of different striker types even when Barba and Owen leave in the summer but we lack someone like Hazard who can run the game from behind the striker.

On top of that he could also play out wide when we play with two strikers up front and if we have some injury problems on the wings.
  2. Apr 22, 2012

gooDevil Worst scout ever

............Martinez
    ...Cleverley.....Hazard
    Nani..................Muniain
    ............Rooney

Sorted :cool:
  3. Apr 22, 2012

ryan_forlan Gullible

A 4-2-3-1 or a 4-4-1-1 with hazard behind the wazza will help us out in midfield too.
    if carrick can be partnered with a fletcher type of midfielder, we are ok when without the ball. especially when hazard, being deep, will help out.
    the biggest problem with the midfield is when we do have the ball, we don't have the ability and skill to hold on to it. also, we carry no threat through the middle, it always has to go to the wings. when we go to the final third, welbeck and wazza do try to link up, but if similar stuff is tried a little deep, it never works. so if the game is against a small team @OT we are fine, but in a balanced game, we struggle to get things going from the midfield. it used to be all dependent on nani, now young and tony have also shown intent to help out.
    we need some ability through the middle. one option would be get a david silva/mata/modric type of player and play a proper middle three. the other option would be get a creative player, who also has goals in him. this will help rooney too and also carry the ball for us through the middle. can be with mazy runs, or intricate 1-2s or just strength on the ball.
    this will atleast occupy one player from the opposition midfield, hence helping us in controlling the game.
    so for me, what we do need is a forward but not a number 9. the good news is that there are lot of such a players these days, mostly wingers converted to play centrally. hazard seems to fit the bill perfectly.
  4. Apr 22, 2012

devilish Full Member

On paper we've certainly got the numbers, however in practice we're far from perfect. Fletch is recovering from a career injury sickness, Clev and Ando are injury prone, Giggs and Scholes are old and yet they are still the best of the bunch while Park is a decent winger at best. Considering the 25 player rule, I believe that we're heading towards a difficult summer for SAF
  5. Apr 22, 2012

Sultan السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته

You can spend 100's of millions without assembling a winning formula. People need to get out of their system buying the best does not automatically ensure success. SAF has proved this nearly every season. This season, a supposedly transitional team consisting of Jones, Smalling, Rafael, Cleverley, Welbeck, and DDG all inexperienced and around the age of 20 are on the verge of winning another title.

Devilish; have some faith in Sir Alex's transfer policy. Your constant criticism is getting tiring.
  6. Apr 22, 2012

devilish Full Member

I am just giving my opinion Sultan, no criticism intended.

And the transition period excuse (alongside the value one) is getting a bit old in my opinion. This side is passing from no 'transition period'. It just need 1-2 god damn top quality CM.
  7. Apr 22, 2012

Rado_N Grinner ruined my tagline

You're a bit lame to be honest.

Excuse for what? Likely winning another league title?
  8. Apr 22, 2012

CnutOfAllCnuts Bald Boring Cnut

Who is putting up excuses?

What does United have to excuse?

That we are winning titles and trophies despite not buying the biggest names in football?
  9. Apr 22, 2012

Opinions are fine. This is the purpose of the forum. However, you've been singing from the same page for a number of years.
  10. Apr 22, 2012

pocco loco

Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
    I've not heard anyone at the club say we're going through transition, so its hardly an excuse. Besides, what is it an excuse for? We're top of the league mate. You're just mad that we don't spend big on big name players.
  11. Apr 22, 2012

devilish Full Member

And getting humilated whenever we meet a club who can actually pass the ball in CM even under pressure. Thank god that we only meet these sort of clubs in Europe (no wonder why it will probably take England another half a century to win the world cup).

I'm not saying that we've got a bad side. Actually I think we have a great side which is just 1-2 CM away from becoming competitive on all fronts. However we need to solve this weaknesses.
  12. Apr 22, 2012

Walrus Oppressed White Male

Not the sort of player we need ultimately.
  13. Apr 22, 2012

devilish Full Member

******** had been saying it for quite some time. In my opinion its lame. We're not in transition period. This side has a strong defense + keeper, it has great talent on the flanks and a great forward line. What we need is sorting CM.

And pls do highlight were I've mentioned big name signings. Now if some kid whose currently playing with mighty Lille is for us a big name signing then Im really left speechless.
  14. Apr 22, 2012

devilish Full Member

And Ill keep on doing that until CM is sorted. If we were light years away from other European sides I wouldnt be overly concerned. I know the feeling of having to face fans who support clubs who constantly won CLs while we got knocked out by the likes of Rotor Volvograd. However the fact that we've got a great side which is underachieving in Europe due to one feckin weakness frustrates me. We were never big spenders and I am not expecting the club to change however our insistence in not tackling the CM problem is getting ridiculous.

However there was no ranting in my previous post. I was just giving my honest opinion about next summer. Considering the situation we've got in CM and the 25 player rule I believe that SAF will have to make some difficult decisions. That's all.

Anyway rant over
  15. Apr 22, 2012

Rams extremely handsome, intelligent, gay and talented

Devilish, if we want English football to improve then the EPL clubs should be spending more more time & resources developing young British players all over the country to at least the same technical level as countries like Spain, and not by buying expensive foreign imports. You should be posting not in here, but in the Football Youth Coaching thread.
    As for statements like 'looking for excuses', those are completely ridiculous because United are going through their most successful period in the club history.
  16. Apr 22, 2012

devilish Full Member

I think there's more of a need of a change of mentality rather then anything else. I have lost count of how many times I've heard British commentators getting aroused by some nerve cracking tackle done by some 6.3ft thug who has as much football talent as a common bouncer in front of a pub. Such attitude may be entertaining in a wrestling arena but it wont win you the WC.

And I am all in favor with improving the technical side of football and limiting foreigners to a minimum. However top quality talent will only improve the side and those who play alongside them, expecially when real talent is so rare. Take Cantona as an example. He was a great influence for the likes of Scholes, Beckham and co.

I also agree with you that the transition period excuse is LAME (which was my point all along). This side is passing from no transition period. Its got a great keeper, defense, flank men and forward line. What its weak in is CM and its time to sort that out.
  17. Apr 22, 2012

Raoul Administrator

:lol:
  18. Apr 22, 2012

Rams extremely handsome, intelligent, gay and talented

:bangsheadonlaptopsmiley:
  19. Apr 22, 2012

TheBest SPNTBP

We have replaced an experienced world class gk with a young talented keeper, replaced o'shea and wes brown with jones. Cleverley and welbeck have just broken into the team, its the first season for young, isn't it fair to say we are in little bit of transition( little bit atleast)??
    I agree we do need some players to sort out some weaknesses, so I am just saying.
  20. Apr 22, 2012

Dev: Have you ever considered these great centre midfielders you want United to sign might not suit our style, budget, unavailable, or simply do not want to come to United?
  21. Apr 22, 2012

devilish Full Member

In my opinion De Gea has proved to be very mature for his age. He was one of our best performers this year. We missed OShea mainly due to his versatility. However when you consider the team's setup (a good mix between experienced and young talent) I dont think that lack of experience is our major problem

In my opinion we've got two key weaknesses that need to be tackled.

A) our injury rate (some players simply suffer from too many injuries)
    B) CM
  22. Apr 22, 2012

Gambit Desperately wants to be a Muppet

I reckon Jones has meant that we've not missed O'shea one bit.
  23. Apr 22, 2012

It is wrong to appreviate a good tackle. Ok.
  24. Apr 22, 2012

devilish Full Member

So let me guess. Under such circumstances the solution would be to play wingers and defenders in CM +you hope that one of the injury prone players will start playing regularly. Am I right?

I agree with you that you shouldnt spent recklessly. However we are reaching a point when this matter is becoming urgent.
  25. Apr 22, 2012

fecking drama queen!

So urgent that we are top of the leage. Again.
  26. Apr 22, 2012

gulli_G Full Member

if we get hazard, do you think it will be to play him behind rooney, as a replacement for Berbatov
  27. Apr 22, 2012

NoLogo Full Member

When has Berbatov ever played behind Rooney? Wasn't it pretty much always the other way around?
  28. Apr 22, 2012

gulli_G Full Member

yes, i meant as a replacement, of one high profile attacker out with one high profile attacker in, didnt mean like for like, but if we got Hazard, Rooney would definately play ahead of him.
  29. Apr 22, 2012

apotheosis O'Fortuna

Yes fair enough domestically, but we were continually embarrassed in Europe by what has to be considered fairly average teams. you cannot go for as many years as we have without improving the midfield and expect to challnege the likes of Barca and Madrid. We couldn't even beat the Basle's, Benfica's and Bilbao's with the midfield we had.

So don't let possible success in a poor PL cloud your judgement about where we stand in Europe. We played our strongest available team away at Bilbao in our most defensive formation and were still soundly and comprehensively beaten, and thoroughly outplayed.

As you rightly say it's not all about just spending shitloads of money, but it is also fair to say not spending anything on the midfield since 2007 has not improved us either. you talk about our possible success in the PL, but i would ask you where would we be without Scholes? Had he not offered to come back, we would probably not be in as good a position in the league now.

Losing the title to city and going out of Europe in the group stage would not have given you much of an argument for not spending in that scenario. It may still happen yet, and i would be interested to hear your justification for not spending, if we do go on to lose the title this year.
  30. Apr 23, 2012

Muppet level 10 activated.
  31. Apr 23, 2012

Donut Full Member

This does not sound like Fergie at all.
  32. Apr 23, 2012

I imagine it was done in a french accent.......
  33. Apr 23, 2012

bosnian_red Full Member

For me this has the feel sort of like the De Gea transfer did, where we are all really excited for a player, and it gets confirmed that we are actually in for him. Would be a brilliant signing, probably as good a signing as anyone can hope to get this summer, but I'd like a central midfielder and a left back as well. A dream summer for me signings wise would be Hazard, Martinez and Jordi Alba :drool:
    Just imagine the potential in this team...
    De Gea
    Rafael Rio Vidic Alba
    Carrick Martinez
    Valencia Hazard Nani
    Rooney​
    With young players like Smalling, Evans, Jones, Cleverley, Anderson, Young, Welbeck, Hernandez for cover.
  34. Apr 23, 2012

KM I’m afraid I just blue myself

I think it's quite clear that our interest in Hazard is concrete, still think we'll sign him. Let's see.
  35. Apr 23, 2012

Antisocial Full Member

Agreed - seems strange for Sir Alex to confirm a target like that. I still can't see us signing such a hyped target but I'd be happy to be wrong.
  36. Apr 23, 2012

Phil Full Member

What sort of player is thIs guy then? Quite hard to tell from YouTube, as he looks like Messi and Ronaldo rolled into one, obviously.

He seems to be this year's Sanchez.
  37. Apr 23, 2012

RDCR07 Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)

So do you judge a player by looking at his youtube videos?
  38. Apr 23, 2012

Phil Full Member

Clearly not, the bit where I ask what sort of player he is gives it away.
  39. Apr 24, 2012

Will Absolute Full Member

Didn't we confirm we were after De Gea? As Bosnian Red says, this has something of the same feel to it.

I think there are major and minor transfer targets for Fergie. Our recent major targets have been Berbatov and De Gea. For those players we pull out all the stops and Fergie is likely to get personally involved. Hazard may be such a target.

Or I may be indulging in a bit of wishful thinking :D
  40. Apr 24, 2012

Ole's_toe_poke Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke

Have a feeling either Hazard or Gaitan will be the tedious summer saga of 2012.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.