1. Hey Guest, there's a new Podcast: Football, Bloody Hell! Podcast Episode 9 - Afroman

Eden Hazard | "I am signing for Chelsea"

Discussion in 'Transfer Forum' started by jdmufc, Jun 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. May 4, 2012

Hectic Moderator

Can we have a battle of the ITK's please, and then the winner can have his name changed to ITK, permanently, and will only be allowed to post inside transfer news?
  2. May 4, 2012

Transfer United Till I Die I am totally in the know, honest

feck it. I can't win. Someone bump the modric thread and I'll post it.
  3. May 4, 2012

pocco loco

Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
    Can I enter the competition on pure guesswork?
  4. May 4, 2012

I'll play. Who am I up against?
  5. May 4, 2012

Scrumpet There are no words

Bump it yourself if you want to post something. The way you often seem to want to give yourself a drumroll is probably what annoys people most.
  6. May 4, 2012

Raoul Administrator

7. May 4, 2012

Maajid Formerly Mad

Counter argument: So Mancini and Platt have travelled to a Lille game in France and Hazard travelled to the Etihad to watch City play United. Hmm.. :p
  8. May 4, 2012

apotheosis O'Fortuna

If it's a choice between us and City, i think he chooses City. Footballers want to go to clubs that have world class players, pay huge wages, and will challenge every year for the biggest trophies.

If he bases his decision on this season alone, he will be alarmed at how limply we went out of both European competitions, he will also be alarmed at how easily City have swept us aside in the league this season. Hammered 1-6 at OT, and beaten easily at the Etihad without even a shot on target.

I also agree with those who claim history is not important. It means feck all. The only thing players are interested in is a club's potential of winning trophies in the years to come, not what they have won in the past 10 years.

If you were Hazard, and you were looking through the teamsheets and the targets for next season, you would have a difficult time spotting more world class talent in Utd's squad than in City's. You would also surely consider how likely City would be to add yet more world class talent to their ranks as, opposed to Utd.

All things considered i think we have to win the title this year to be able to claim we are still ahead of City, many may not agree, but if you look from an neutral and objective viewpoint, we have only history in our favour over City this season. They have a better team, better players and more money to buy more and they will pay them better. If they sign even 2 or 3 top quality players to boost their squad, they will be amongst the favourites for every competition next year.

Would you as a neutral want to be a part of that, or part of a squad who struggle to sign the players they want because they cannot afford the wages? Chelsea proved this point, and even though we have won more than them since, it still did not stop players we wanted chossing to sign for them, and imo nor will it be any different at City.

Players will go where they are paid the most and have the best chance of winning trophies, currently only Utd fans would claim our chances are as good as City's looking forward.
  9. May 4, 2012

amolbhatia100 Barbiturates ain't got nothin' on me

He's basically a sort of wide attacking midfielder/winger isn't he? In that case I do see why City would go for him and I don't think he'd struggle to start games for them. They have a lot of players who have a great touch and class on the ball but there's noone who is direct and can beat a man consistently with pace and trickery (Aguero I guess but they rely on him for goals so he's further forwards). Adam Johnson is about the only one but he's not really at the forefront and isn't that good.
  10. May 4, 2012

golden_blunder mijn naam is Golden Blunder en ik hou van team LVG

why the f**k would you post a picture like that?
  11. May 4, 2012

Sorry, I'm on an iPhone and it's not easy to search for stuff on here.
  12. May 4, 2012

Will Absolute Full Member

Continue to post, RR. Whether it turns out to be bollocks or not it's entertaining. That's good enough for me.
  13. May 4, 2012

As I've said a weary number of times, if - as they almost certainly will - UEFA implement FFP, City will have no chances going forward. They won't be in the ECL.
  14. May 4, 2012

Sarni nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.

You're living in a dreamland if you think they'll have any trouble with FFP. A few sponsorship deals like the ones they've already signed, a few other tricks and they won't get anything more than a fine.
  15. May 4, 2012

Walrus Oppressed White Male

Thing that annoys me is that anyone can see that City is EXACTLY the type of club FFP is aimed at.... If they are able to get away with it or find loopholes then uefa may as well not bother.
  16. May 4, 2012

And you clearly have neither read nor understood anything about the subject. So why comment?

A 'few tricks' won't disguise the fact that City's football revenues will fall several hundred millions short of their spending.
  17. May 4, 2012

Beachryan Full Member

Absolutely right, UEFA might as well not bother.

City'll be fine to play in (and eventually win) the CL, as they'll just keep dumping money into the club for the forseeable future.
  18. May 4, 2012

Sarni nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.

Yeah, I read it all and it says that exclusion from European comptition is a possible punishment, not a definite one. No one will stop UEFA from just fining them a few million for not meeting regulations. They won't ever exclude a big, rich club from any kind of European competition.

And £30m sponsorship deal with Nike and £400m deal with Etihad are exactly the way forward. Now they need a couple more deals like that and it'll be fine.
  19. May 4, 2012

If you have indeed read it, you haven't understood it.

No one will stop UEFA from doing anything in their own competition. That's the point.

These regulations were introduced, not because some external agency put a gun to UEFA's head, but because they genuinely believe, as Michel Platini has said many times, that the sugar daddy phenomenon in football ownership threatens the integrity of the game. And they intend, at least in their own domain, to put a stop to it.

They have recently restated their intention of making punishments meaningful. Clubs will not be excluded in the first year - they'll be put on notice by having their squads reduced from 25 to 20. So clubs in violation will be extended a year of half grace. After that.....

Quite obviously, not being complete morons, they're not looking to 'fines' to enforce their rules. The punishment will be a football one.

If they can banish all English clubs for 5 years in 1985, they can expel City or Chelsea in 2014. I doubt Michel Platini regards their presence as indispensable to the Champions League.
  20. May 4, 2012

MrMarcello Full Member

The sheikh will just offer UEFA some ridiculous sponsorship through his vast connections. UEFA will then find/allow City a loophole.
  21. May 4, 2012

There's no point in arguing against that kind of nonsense. So I won't. :)
  22. May 4, 2012

Bebe Full Member

Exactly. Even if kagawa costs twice that, it's still a better deal IMO. Assuming we could even afford 30m, why not spend less than half that on kagawa and use the rest plus Berba's transfer fee on M'vila, Martinez etc?
  23. May 4, 2012

RDCR07 Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)

Muppet?

Its not that easy to sign someone like M'Vila or Martinez. First they have to be willing to come here. Second there will be competition for their signature. Third we should be able to offer the transfer fees and wages for them.
  24. May 4, 2012

Gazza Magic Carpet Pilot

RedIssue reckon they have the 'latest' on this one in their Sanctuary forum.... anyone signed up ?
  25. May 5, 2012

Devil may care Full Member

Losing out on him would be a shame but if City get him it will be a real toe buttie to the plums. :(
  26. May 5, 2012

devilish Full Member

Since when United dont have world class players and dont challenge every year for the biggest trophies? Shitty can play more then we do but that is their only advantage over us.

We had one trophyless season, what's wrong with that? Barcelona will end up trophyless too. Does that mean that no one will join them? As a young player what should worry him most is not playing week in week out. We're a serious club whose got a problem in the position Hazards plays in. Shitty do not need him and tend to buy players like a spoiled kid playing football manager. Where should he go?

Its unimportant if we're talking about what happened during the 60s-70s. However our history IS important because one can see the manager's track record and judge how he treats players and what had he won. SAF is a friggin icon. He had developed players like Hazard and turned them into world class players. These players had either remained at OT and became legends (and are still cashing on their career at age 36-38) or went to Spain and became friggin rich beyond anyone imagination. We've developed kids like Scholes, Ronaldo, Beckham and Giggs. What had City produced lately? Ah...Onouha.

We've got a big problem in CM but we're far from shit. Rooney, De Gea, Rio, Vidic, Evra, Nani....doesn't that ring a bell in terms of quality players?

We need to invest in the team. I give you that.

Would you as a neutral want to be a part of that, or part of a squad who struggle to sign the players they want because they cannot afford the wages? Chelsea proved this point, and even though we have won more than them since, it still did not stop players we wanted chossing to sign for them, and imo nor will it be any different at City.

Players will go where they are paid the most and have the best chance of winning trophies, currently only Utd fans would claim our chances are as good as City's looking forward.[/QUOTE]
  27. May 5, 2012

It really depends on what a players priorities are. In the immediate future, I'd say there isn't much difference between what Manchester United offer and what City do, apart from the wages City offer. Both will compete for all the biggest honors in the next few years. But there's no doubt Manchester United are a far far far bigger club. So, if that's a priority then a player would choose us. If its being paid not just really well but beyond what they had ever imagined then its city. If it's immediate success and winning trophies, then it's based on opinion on the respective prospects of the club.
  28. May 5, 2012

RDCR07 Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)

Apparently the City staff are showing Hazard properties around the Manchester area.
  29. May 5, 2012

By City staff do you mean Patrick Vieira?
  30. May 5, 2012

Adam-Utd Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

Disappointing that yet again city are getting the top talent.

There team sure will look scary with a front 4 of silva, aguero, nasri, hazard.

But as we all know, 4 star players dont always click together, it takes a good work ethic and chemistry between players before it all works out.

We arent far behind, we just need a bit of a shake up and maybe losing the title this year will add the fire too the bellys again.
  31. May 5, 2012

apotheosis O'Fortuna

Wrong thread for this debate Will, but people actually died at Hysel, and the action taken after that tragedy was a final straw after years of hooliganism from our country. Overspending is hardly a matter of life or death.

PSG, City, Chelsea, Malaga, are all spending far more than they earn i would imagine.I would also imagine many clubs in Italy are doing similarly, i just don't see how UEFA can ban one without banning them all.

I hope you are right, and UEFA do have the balls to act, but i cannot see it myself. There is no way they are going to throw out half a dozen teams from their own competitions. What about Madrid? They have been subsidised by the Spanish government for years, and the ridiculous fees being paid today began with their irresponsible spending. Can anyone see the Spanish government being told they cannot continue to bankroll Madrid's sprees, or wipe their debts, because UEFA will throw them out of the CL?

Can you really see UEFA taking them on? Sorry i just can't. Book fiddling is commonplace in every business to avoid legal ramifications, so why should football be any different?
  32. May 5, 2012

712 Formerly '711' but that was a ridiculous username!

I won't argue against it either. I'll argue for it.

You only have to think of a world cup in Qatar in summer to know that money gets it's way in football - one way or another. And don't forget the whole idea of financial fair play came about before PSG joined the rich club.
  33. May 5, 2012

Losing £200M a year in a simple business like a football club cannot be fiddled.

Anyway. He who lives the longest will see the most.
  34. May 5, 2012

apotheosis O'Fortuna

Did i say that Devilish really? I said players will look at the most world class players, and the best potential for winning trophies. Being able to buy the best players often increases your chances of success.

The season isn't over yet! We may win the title still, but if we don't, it will only be harder to convince neutrals we are still level with City when they have just taken our title, and compete on a different level to us on the transfer market.

Players are egotists Devilish, they never think they are not going to get picked if someone pays £30m for them. Why else did Benzema and Ozil pick Madrid over us. Madrid had won feck all for years, we had been mopping up everywhere and we still could not attract these players. So that argument simply doesn't wash im afraid.

Barca can still win the cup too. Has the season already ended for you Devilish? You have written both Utd and Barca off as trophyless when they both still have a very good chance of silverware!! Barca didn't go out in the group stages, nor did they win only 2 of those games against average opponents, neither did they lose 4 out of their last 5 games at home, after being completely outplayed. They also still have the world's best player and the world's best midfield. Noticing any difference yet from a neutral point of view Devilish?

Wtf are you on about? Do you honestly believe Hazard or Martinez are looking for a manager to help turn them into WC players? They are already in that category otherwise we and City wouldn't be looking at them! They are not unknown teens, they are established internationals looking to win trophies! You cannot reasonably compare the mindset of English born players coming through our youth system to that of foreign targets with no affiliation with our club whatsoever! I fail to see the relevance unless you can name me an example of a foreign import who has come to our club at 20 and stayed up until his 30's!

WTF again? You are twisting it! I never said we were shit, nor did i say we have no quality players. What i said was City have more WC players and better potential for increasing that tally. You are only going to be able to buy the very best if you are willing to pay what is necessary, we are clearly not, or we would have done so already. This does not mean we are a bunch of losers or have no players of quality. What it means is that city are better able to add to an already impressive list of WC talent, and that will only attract other potential targets.

Thanks for conceding that point Captain Obvious! :p

Isn't this bit mine? you can restate it if you want Devilish, but replying to it may have helped your case more. ;)

To conclude, as i have said we are still an attractive proposition for targets, but in a direct contest with City, whether rightly or wrongly, they are now every bit as attractive as we are if not more so, whether we like it or not.

Players will not care about who we are, they will look at our team, our wages structure and the quality of players we are signing. On that basis they will then determine where their best chance of winning trophies lies. There is always a case to be made for a club like ours, but increasingly we are looking less likely to compete with City than they are with us. They have the players, the resources and the pay structure that will interest potential targets. We on the other hand are putting far too much emphasis on unproven youth, players on their last legs and 'value' in the transfer market.

Comparing the first teams of City and Utd in the biggest game of the season, spoke volumes to where the clubs are atm imo. City were packed with top quality talent, we had 2 near 40 yr olds in our first choice 11 and were completely dominated from start to finish. Any potential target will surely take note of who looked the better team and why. City have invested heavily in top top talent, and moved forward. We have 'made do' and gone backward.
  35. May 5, 2012

apotheosis O'Fortuna

I like the way you clarified football club, because you know very well £200m is easily fiddled by larger multinational companies! :)

Yes fair enough Will, like i said i hope you are right because these clubs are blowing everyone else out of the water atm. A bit of parity will be a lot fairer for a start, but where money is concerned there is very rarely considerations of fairness or parity. If UEFA do the unexpected and make this stand they will do themselves a lot of good, but i still have my doubts about whether they have the money or the will to take on the footballing elite, and their super rich owners.
  36. May 5, 2012

Name Changed weso26

Surely he'd be with the Lille squad preparing for their match on Monday?
  37. May 5, 2012

2Bullish Full Member

The daily mail story that comes from is utter bullshit.
  38. May 5, 2012

Name Changed weso26

I'm sure it is.
  39. May 5, 2012

KingMinger22 City >>> United. Moaning twat

Hope we beat them to him!
  40. May 6, 2012

Sir Matt Full Member

Apparently he wants 200k/week.

[​IMG]
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.