38 Appearances
19 Clean sheets
9 Yellow cards
2 Red cards
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. May 11, 2017

Litch Full Member

You only realise how important he is, is when he's not there.....
  2. May 11, 2017

Inter Yer Nan Full Member

Has to be racial. If he'd called him a bender or something Valencia wouldn't get irate. I'll assume it's racial until proven otherwise. That's my theory with any bellend guilty until proven innocent.
  3. May 11, 2017

Xeno Full Member

Blue nosed cnut did a racism.
  4. May 11, 2017

Unlikely lad Full Member

Blessing in disguise

Am I doing this right?
  5. May 11, 2017

DWelbz19 Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

It definitely is, but that is because of the fact that all of them are all relatively good, irrespective of how flavour of the month it is to hate Smalling and Jones.
  6. May 11, 2017

acnumber9 Full Member

It was after a set piece. They mark players not an area of the pitch.
  7. May 11, 2017

JoaquinJoaquin Full Member

My first thought was it was something racial. Seems a strange coincidence that he, Valencia and Pogba seemed the most animated.
  8. May 11, 2017

stu_1992 Full Member

Such a shame he misses the final. Definitely deserves to play on recent form. Idiotic go lose your head like that though.
  9. May 11, 2017

Son Of Sam New Member

You are correct....
    I have seen it again - he got beaten to the ball. The tactics to defend that set piece was all wrong, we basically allow the crosser to send in a perfect delivery.
  10. May 12, 2017

BringNaniBack Leaves a bullshit trail behind him

Bailly can do no wrong for most on here. He has made dodgy decisions and mistakes all season. I'm not denying he makes some great challenges and is a powerhouse but he equally gets us in to trouble at times.
  11. May 12, 2017

pseudo_canadian Full Member

I love Bailly, but that red card was simply inexcusable.

It will most likely cost us the final.
  12. May 12, 2017

Whiteside1985 Full Member

Gutted for him. My player of the season, he'll be a fixture at centre-half for us for a long time to come.

Inexperience probably got him caught up in the melee, but a soft way to lose your place in the final.
  13. May 12, 2017

RedMaestro Full Member

Agreed. He's been a rock in the defence this season. He's still very young and I'm sure he'll be in a lot of finals in the future. Strange that he got the red card and Valencia didn't.
  14. May 12, 2017

Sylar Full Member

His heading technique is so weird. Dont think ive ever seen a defender try and jump to head the ball like him. Its like he makes himself as small as possible to try and leap?

Its a shame he got a red card but I guess only himself to blame for losing his cool. Not sure what caused it so would be interested to hear that.

Is that his second red in this tournament?
  15. May 12, 2017

Robertd0803 Full Member

We should appeal the red card.
  16. May 12, 2017

Alabaster Codify7 Full Member

Typically solid, cool performance.....then he goes and blows his chances of a cup final. He's never struck me as a hot-head in temperament terms - he can be rash in the tackle but his actual demeanour always seems calm and relaxed.

Enter the clowns for the final. Happy days....
  17. May 12, 2017

Emmet Sweaty Foot Monster

Was having a good game until that.. Cant really excuse it but Guidetti is nothing short of an embarrassment. That miss at the end couldn't happen to a bigger prick
  18. May 12, 2017

Alabaster Codify7 Full Member

I hate this type of jumping to conclusions but in this case, I agree. It was my gut instinct, too.

Bailly all of a sudden goes sparko and the usually calm and composed Valencia is also head-hunting - add to that Pogba was in the thick of it too, and a trend starts appearing...
  19. May 12, 2017

Womp idiot

Hope he steps on a blue lego the cnut.
  20. May 12, 2017

villain Hates Beyoncé

I agree.
    He's a fantastic CB, and with age and experience will only get better.

However I think people rate him higher because he is an aggressive all-action CB that makes strong tackles, also he's pretty good on the ball.
  21. May 12, 2017

We need an rvn Full Member

He went down like a sack of potatoes for sure and I'd like to see retrospective punishment for players who do this to stop it from happening in the future - but it was hands on face / clip of the ear - it's a red in this day and age.

If Guidette did say something to provoke him and it's proven, then he'll be dealt with accordingly (i'd hope)
  22. May 12, 2017

TsuWave Full Member

Even if say, the gap between him and our other CBs is overstated, which I don't think it is, fact of the matter is, he has been the best and most consistent throughout the season. It's not ideal to be in a final without him.

It's weird to see "he's a liability" and "the gap between him and our othe CBs ain't all that" type posts on the back of this. He's the only one in our back four with potential to be one of the best in the world.
  23. May 12, 2017

villain Hates Beyoncé

I would argue that Rojo has been our most consistent CB.
    Bailly went through a long period of inconsistency after AFCON & a few niggly injuries where he wasn't consistent, I remember a particular 3 game stretch in Feb/March where he almost cost us goals in each match, but for poor finishing from the opposition,.

The difference is that because those occasions didn't lead to goals, they're much easier to forget - whereas everybody remembers Jones for being at fault for us drawing two games back to back, or last Sunday everybody remembers Smalling mistiming a header and allowing Welbeck to score, plus the Chelsea game of course.

I personally think we have 4 great CB options with different strengths and weaknesses, Jones is too injury proven for me personally and I think we can get someone in to replace him and give Tuanzebe more minutes next season too.

Bailly has the ability and potential to improve, being one of the best in the world is still a long way to go and I don't like placing such high expectations considering it's only his first season, but that's me personally.
    He's charismatic, aggressive & all-action so I can see why he's heavily liked (he's one of my favourite players this season too)
  24. May 12, 2017

TsuWave Full Member

I know the run you're referring to and it wasn't longer than 3 or 4 matches and out of those most were average performances not some calamity jane type stuff.

IIRC Rojo didn't even play CB til a couple months into the season while Bailly was motm or among motm choices for like 5 fixtures in a row from the start of the season, and been good to great, bar the short run after acon, since. it's easy to forget because it was a while ago. And even when he was at his best Rojo had a run of matches in which he shoulda been sent off, luckily he didn't, much like the supposed mistakes by Bailly in that run didn't lead to goals.

Fair enough you are more modest with your expectations, it's the wisest move, personally I've seen enough of Bailly to assert he has the potential to be one of the best CBs in the world. I mean, he just turned 23 and was already one of the best in this league this season. I wouldn't trade him for no CB in the world.
  25. May 12, 2017

villain Hates Beyoncé

I just don't like disappointment, I would love for it to happen of course and I wouldn't trade him either - but for injuries, I wouldn't trade any of our CB's actually.
    Bailly definitely has the highest ceiling though, lets see how high he goes.
  26. May 12, 2017

VanGaalEra Full Member

Need to try an appeal, he's our best CB.
  27. May 12, 2017

el3mel Full Member

I said many times before most of his mistakes are due to lack of experience, something we can't help about it. He'll get experience over time and will learn to control his tempo and tackles better. Now I only evaluate him based on his talents and potential which can't be denied.
  28. May 12, 2017

devilish Juventus fan who used to support United

He's young and learning. Thank god we've got Smalling for him to learn from. In few months time Bailly would be able to carry Bran Stark or Jones like a pro
  29. May 12, 2017

iKeano Full Member

Jesus... petrifying thought. Smalling giving lessons in panic since 2010.

Bailly is a beast. Unorthodox at times, but we're so much more solid when he's in the XI than without.
  30. May 12, 2017

M Bison Full Member

Supports:
    York City
    Absolutely stupid decision by him to react last night, i dont care how young he is, any professional should know better than that. It was a critical time in the game and he could have caused us a major issue. Along with the fact he got beaten in the air for their goal, it was a poor night for him last night in my view.
  31. May 12, 2017

Red_toad Full Member

Appeal on what grounds? You can't raise your hands, no defence for his actions, he was wrong.
  32. May 12, 2017

Adam-Utd Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

He touched his ear FFS, hardly violent conduct is it?

The ref had no idea what happened apart from people jumping on the floor like they'd been snipered.
  33. May 12, 2017

Ramshock CAF Pilib De Brún Translator

Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
    So Bailly or Tony V? Who would you sacrifice?
  34. May 12, 2017

podurban2 Full Member

Guidetti is a bellend that's for sure, but he thinks he's from the suburbs and his "crew" consists of solely non-white people. He is definitely not a racist, on the opposite. However, he may be too comfortable feeling non-white that he could have said something that was perceived as racist.
  35. May 12, 2017

Eli Zee New Member

That's what I said and people are telling me his reaction was justified cause the other person might've said a racist remark...

Love bailly and he brings a lot to this team but he should've stayed levelheaded and professional in that situation rather than lose his cool and get himself sent off
  36. May 12, 2017

Peshi New Member

We would need his calm and braveheart in a final like this when there is always nerves for some players. Really gutted for him to miss out. He should kept his head but as you could see even Valencia was really mad.
  37. May 12, 2017

el3mel Full Member

Bailly, as playing Darmian and Blind full backs in final will be terrible.
  38. May 12, 2017

M Bison Full Member

Supports:
    York City
    Agree with all this post, great player but silly decision last night.

Fellaini was torn to pieces the other week for his actions with Aguero (and rightly so) only difference is Bailly is a far better player, reactions were equally stupid.
  39. May 12, 2017

Womp idiot

Was a stupid reaction, undefendable. Was a huge overreaction but Bailly was asking for it by responding as he did. Going to be a big in the final.
  40. May 12, 2017

Ramshock CAF Pilib De Brún Translator

Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
    Why is that?
  41. May 12, 2017

el3mel Full Member

With both we'll lack any width at all. Our wings are either number 10 or terrible wings in offense as Lingard. Valencia is the only player in the squad who provides us with any width.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.