View full 2018-19 profile

5.1 Average rating
18 Appearances
4 Clean sheets
1 Yellow card
1 Red card
  1. Mar 7, 2019

A-man Full Member

If he hadn’t reacted at all, nobody would have blamed him at all.
  2. Mar 7, 2019

Josep Dowling Full Member

He was awful last night. Okay he was out of position. However for the first goal not following the runner (or actually being aware he was there), is a pretty basic element of defending whether playing RB or CB.

He has had a terrible season by all accounts. He looked like our best CB when he first joined the club. The regression is a bit worrying. He needs a real leader next to him shouting at him to stay in position. That's his main weakness, his positioning is terrible. If he had a Van Dijk player next to him I think he would be fantastic. But we have Lindelof and Smalling. Lindelof has been immense for a few months now but I cannot see that partnership working with Bailly and Lindelof.
  3. Mar 7, 2019

Ronaldo's ego Full Member

I'm better than Messi (even though I'm not)
    Never wish injury on a player but if he stayed on the pitch, we’d have lost. There comes a time when potential needs to turn into end product and Bailly ain’t a kid anymore. He needs to improve quickly if he’s to become good enough to warrant playing for this club
  4. Mar 7, 2019

Dion Full Member

He won't, but he might. Even Sanchez has had good games for us and might again.
  5. Mar 7, 2019

Alabaster Codify7 Full Member

He was pulled off for being shocking wasn't he, rather than the knock. Young was absolutely barracking him at times, they were tearing our right-hand side to shreds and Ole had to act - very good management, that. Spot the problem, no delaying, solve it. Dalot on was a much better move.

Bailly is probably done I think. Him and Rojo will be sold this summer, one new CB will be signed.
  6. Mar 7, 2019

izec Full Member

I think so. I dont think he was that injured that he needed to go out. I would like to think after the 2-1 Ole thought we have a real chance here and brought him out before we concede another goal and Dalot offering more offensively anyway.
  7. Mar 7, 2019

dove Full Member

Can't believe there still are people defending him. He (just like Jones) is literally useless. Always injured and when he is not he is clueless, headless and just not good enough. He should definitely share the top spot with Jones of the players to be sold in the summer.
  8. Mar 7, 2019

MadMike Full Member

Aside form last night's horror show, there are some indisputable facts about Bailly that are not based on kneejerk reaction but have been validated over 3 seasons of watching him plays for us:
    • His reading of the game is quite poor, he gets dragged out of position too easily
    • He is too rash and erratic. He lunges into unnecessary all-or-nothing tackles which leaves us exposed when they are miss timed.
    • He's not particularly good or comfortable with the ball in the air. Has poor heading technique and prefers to karate-kick a ball at head height rather than head it.
    He's 25 next month. He's not entered his prime yet as a CB and he's got time to improve on these, but very crucially he's not shown any signs of improvement despite getting many minutes for us these last 3 seasons.

If we can go and get Toby for £25m in the summer, ask yourselves if it's really worth persevering with Bailly. If you really think that he could reach that level in another season or two.
    I'm not convinced by TFM but I reckon Tuanzebe is finally worth a shot as a 5th CB. Which is really 4th while Jones is still at United, because he is injured half the time.
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2019
  9. Mar 7, 2019

kouroux 45k posts to finally achieve this tagline

You are very optimistic. I hope you are right
  10. Mar 7, 2019

MadMike Full Member

Jones just signed a new 4-year contract literally last month.

If he was a fit player we’d easily get 30m for an English international with bags of EPL experience in the current market. However with his poor fitness record and his United salary sure to be well above the league average, I can’t see anyone making an offer good enough that would temp him or us.

In other words, I don’t think Jones is going anywhere.
  11. Mar 7, 2019

starman Full Member

Hes too big of a project to keep around thinking hes going to come good. Hes been here for almost 3 years now and he still only relies on his physical ability to get him out of situations and that only takes you so far the higher the level. Yesterday he was massively exposed. There is a talent there if he gets it right, which is why we might get all the money back for him
  12. Mar 7, 2019

dove Full Member

I know he isn't but he should be. Giving him a 4 year extension is just madness IMO.
  13. Mar 7, 2019

RC89 Full Member

The goal was definitely Billy's fault. I was talking more generally during the game with my comment here.
  14. Mar 7, 2019

Andersons Dietician Full Member

Supports:
    Supports good football
    :lol::lol: Man this place.

If anything it was a brilliant bit of defending by Smalling and he was let down by a team mate, he spots the danger in plenty of time and gets in to a position so that Mbappe would be offside, he is then unlucky that the ball has squeezed through his legs in the 2nd phase of the move in which I add Bailly is still sleeping and has stood still whilst Benat has made a 10 yard run to score that Bailly could have easily cut out. One person is at fault and one only.
  15. Mar 7, 2019

haram Full Member

He is not good on the ball. Not good in the air. He can only play on the right. He is rash. I don't see him being worth it anymore.
  16. Mar 7, 2019

Tincanalley Turns player names into a crappy conversation

Bailly is a decent footballer. This was one of Ole's ideas that didnt work so well last night, shoehorning a centre half into a wing back, he was clearly uncomfortable and out of his depth. After twenty minutes he was swapped with Young, still didnt work. Young kept talking to him and telling him where to go, but the substitution was inevitable, whether he was hurt or not. But not the players fault.
  17. Mar 7, 2019

The Real Treble 99 New Member

He was awful yesterday just wasn’t in the game. Totally at fault for their goal, completely switched off & all over the place. Like Rio said it was a blessing he had to come off. Because of Baily, Young was being overrun too especially on that right flank. We were much more organised once Dalot came on & Young move back to right back.
  18. Mar 7, 2019

prateik Full Member

Take a step back.. start again. He'll be fine.. just need to focus on the basics for a bit..
    With Rojo back fit, we dont need to rush him and put him under more pressure..

Pulled a David May at FT which I loved
  19. Mar 7, 2019

Pogue Mahone Poster of the year 2008

"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
    He was asked to play fullback, not wing back. Something the likes of Wes Brown, Mikael Silvestre, Smalling and Jones have all done extremely competently in the past.

Dunno what the feck was wrong with him last night and hopefully he can come back from it but we've probably got strikers in our squad who could have done a better job at fullback than Bailly did last night.
  20. Mar 7, 2019

Sylar Full Member

He was just asleep. He made two mistakes on their goal, by being too deep, and then not being aware of the guy behind him despite having the advantage of being too deep.

He just didnt seem comfortable at all. I was thinking we would play more of a 3 at the back but it just seemed like he didnt know what formation we were playing. The one negative but at least it was rectified quickly.
  21. Mar 7, 2019

FerociousCorgis New Member

i mean i just dont get how a CB can get that lost defensively playing RB? It is one position over, and i could understand him being limited going down the flank-but holy christ how can you be that bad defensively as a professional player? I would expect his defensive awareness to be at least passable at that position. Not like it was Mata playing RB or something shit.
  22. Mar 7, 2019

Mcking Full Member

He brings chaos to the defence and instantly makes anyone near him look worse. We should look to sell him now he would still be worth something.
  23. Mar 7, 2019

Redlyn Full Member

This post is out of place here. This thread is for overreactions only.

Bad game from him but he is better than that 30 mins.
  24. Mar 7, 2019

arthurka Full Member

I've saying for a while on here that his positioning and awareness are shocking. Last year when we beat Liverpool 2-1 he played CB and many praised his performance. But all his weeknesses was showing. He is a gung ho defender with a feck up waiting to happen just around the next corner. Plus he is awful in the air.

Rojo and him should both have been sold before Blind.
  25. Mar 7, 2019

sunama Baghdad Bob

Jones is better than Baily, IMO.
    Baily had a good first 3 months, when he first arrived 2.5 years back. But since then, he hasn't been good and also spends a lot of time injured.
  26. Mar 7, 2019

sunama Baghdad Bob

It's not over-reacting. It's been several years since he was consistently good.
  27. Mar 7, 2019

Handré1990 Full Member

Starting to think the same. He has all the raw talent, but doesn’t seem able to channel it into product. His potential is what had me hoping.

Has he ever been consistently good @sunama ?
  28. Mar 7, 2019

-Supreme- New Member

We need to get rid of 2 out of Bailey, Jones and Rojo. And Bring in a new CB

I'd say sell whoever generates the most money
  29. Mar 7, 2019

dove Full Member

Probably but neither of them can stay fit for more than 1 match every 2 months.
  30. Mar 8, 2019

Snow Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down

I thought the same, not sure that he was really injured and he exaggerated it or Solskjær took advantage of him being slightly hit by subbing him off thus saving further embarrassment.
  31. Mar 8, 2019

reddevil702 Full Member

He was bad during a period where the entire team looked very uncomfortable. He will have better days, I would get rid of Rojo and Jones before Bailly.
  32. Mar 8, 2019

Rhyme Animal Modmins said "freeze" and I got numb

Rojo and Jones are (currently) both better than him though...
  33. Mar 8, 2019

Mcking Full Member

The entire team looked very comfortable immediately he was subbed off.
  34. Mar 8, 2019

-Supreme- New Member

I don't see a major difference between the 3, they are all inconsistent so I'd say get rid of those that will command the biggest fees
  35. Mar 8, 2019

Djemba-Djemba Full Member

That's what's worrying about Bailly.

We immediately looked more solid and organised when he went off.
  36. Mar 8, 2019

gulli_G Full Member

He doesn't have much of a football IQ.
  37. Mar 8, 2019

Rozay Master of Hindsight

Unsurprisingly Solskjær has said he’s ‘recovered’ from whatever mystery injury he picked up.
  38. Mar 8, 2019

SteveW Full Member

He's not a good defender and doesn't look like becoming one. His awareness and positioning are pretty much non-existent. He's an older TFM.

The fact that he's been such a favourite for the last few seasons while better players like Smalling have basically been abused by United supporters just shows how far the average supporter is from understanding the game. It's been genuinely frustrating to listen to.

Smalling and Lindelof can defend. Whatever people say about Jones having injuries or getting nervous at times, he can also defend most of the time.

Bailly can't and should be moved on this summer. His very presence is unnerving to the others. That's how bad he is. We cannot rely on him. TFM and Rojo will go too I'd expect.
  39. Mar 8, 2019

Adisa likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt

Mangala has more defensive nous.
  40. Mar 8, 2019

reddevil702 Full Member

True but I also think that switching to a 4-3-3 had a lot to do with it.