Evra accuses Suarez of racist remarks | Suarez guilty of racial abuse

Discussion in 'Manchester United Forum' started by Feeky Magee, Oct 15, 2011.

1. Jan 1, 2012

cinc Full Member

What astonishes me the most that they did not officially condemn the abuse Evra recieved from the Liverpool fans on twitter and other forums.

That should have been the minimum to control the damage they instigated by their conduct.
  2. Jan 1, 2012

SteveJ all-round nice guy

All those years of Liverpudlian 'siege-mentality' against outsiders and 'standing by your own' - commendable in some instances - have come back to haunt them; they've stood by someone who doesn't deserve the support of the community.
  3. Jan 1, 2012

Damien Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)

As Aporkalypse said:

From the off there was only one club making leaks to papers etc, and though at the time we had suspicions everything in the papers were coming from Liverpool we couldn't be sure - until now. And I agree it's a shame that it can't be proved.

Then looking at RAWK, they're still talking about Evra's "exaggerations" etc. in the past and how everything's been reported in such a way to purposely drag Suarez's name through the mud, when, as the case was going on it was Evra who was being called into question (and still is).

When I was reading their site they also seemed to have a lot of lawyers posting, or friends of lawyers.
  4. Jan 1, 2012

kietotheworld Banned

That's fair enough, but it wouldn't necessarily be club policy. And it remains to be seen how sponsors will react to this. Suarez's status among Liverpool fans seems to have been enhanced by the whole thing, and any sponsors will still get the same exposure from having the name on the front of the shirt or whatever.

All the more reason they won't sell him, he's worth a lot more to them as a player than they'll actually get for him.
  5. Jan 1, 2012

decorativeed Full Member

I agree. Integrity is key. If I were forced to show support to someone or some cause that I knew was in the wrong by my employers, I'd refuse, even if it meant risking my job and my income. It's a far bigger deal than if a footballer like Kuyt were to do such a thing - they'd still have their fortune to sustain them and offers of employment would not be hard to come by. They couldn't fine him as the PFA would be up in arms and the FA would not be impressed given the reasoning. Even the worst possible scenario would see him transfered out of the club - some might call that a result!

Actually, is it not the case that as well as wearing the shirt - after Suarez had told him that the had said "Because you are black" in answer to Evra - he deliberately conspired to tone down the comment along with Comolli? Also that he alleged that Evra said the the referee that "he was only booking him because he was black" and that Evra made a remark calling Suarez a "South American"? He doesn't seem to be the embodyment of integrity, does he (unless I am confused about the comments attributed to him in the report)?

I can't believe that at no point did anyone at LFC suggest that they were exacerbating their problems and dealing with everything in a stupid manner.
  6. Jan 1, 2012

...not to mention expert translators. Guess we'll have to end all those 'jobless Scousers' cracks. :D
  7. Jan 1, 2012

Skywarden Full Member

Most certainly. These are the sentiments shared by other fans, too, when it comes to their own players (see Brian here on the caf regarding Terry for instance.)
  8. Jan 1, 2012

:lol: Yep. They also had a few people taking both sides into account, but as said earlier in this thread those were either banned straight away, or abused by other posters calling them WUMs/trolls etc.
  9. Jan 1, 2012

cinc Full Member

Even if it was Sir Alex.
  10. Jan 1, 2012

Yeah, mate. I've mentioned before that (in my view) RAWK is far from the worst of Liverpool fora; for example, take a look at this from another board:

Still, RAWK mods/admins' lead by (poor) example, and the example they've set is banning, locking, posting New Year's wishes to Suarez (I kid you not) and obliging members to have the tagline 'Luis Suarez is not a racist!' Pathetic.
  11. Jan 1, 2012

Hectic Moderator

You'd have to also question Fergie's mindset to get on the pitch, pretend to mark an opposition player, and think he could get away with racially abusing a player, unseen by everyone. Also his defence of being from Uruguay and there being a different context of the word wouldn't hold up too well either.
  12. Jan 1, 2012

Crustanoid Full Member

And if you wanted to know where the smear campaign against Evra started, it was IMMEDIATELY after the game. Here it is in black and white:

13. Jan 1, 2012

Lance Uppercut Loves turn based games

Perhaps Kenny is also responsible for that idiotic statement after the guilty verdict was released.
  14. Jan 1, 2012

Hectic Moderator

Even if he had done this before, which he hadn't, does this effectively make him immune to racism in Kenny's mind?
  15. Jan 1, 2012

Spoony The People's President

Zidane is clearly a greater footballer than Missi.
    Tribalism eh...it's a game, that's all it is. Not easy to've perspective but I'd like to think one changes as they get older. I dunno...perhaps all fans are not the same, Liverpool's probably the most parochial place in England, and that ethos embodies the football club and its fans(non locals as well). I hope, well, I'd like to think that other fans aren't as myopic. I hope they'll(LFC fans) look back at this and realise they suffered from collective delusion, but I suspect that'll never be case unless the club backtracks and issues an apology.
  16. Jan 1, 2012

I doubt he typed it though - after all, he gets his daughter to do his tweets (no joke).
  17. Jan 1, 2012

Liam147 On Probation

Having read the the sports article, I can only say, what a dirty little cnut he is.
  18. Jan 1, 2012

Neo_Mufc Full Member

I don't think much of them have an opinion and if they do are scared to talk out against Suarez in fear of not being accepted by RAWK. All their views are just Kennys. All the evidence is now backfiring and they're running out of fodder to keep them going.

We've managed to seperate some simple fachts why can't they?

Louise :lol:
  19. Jan 1, 2012

De Selby Likes them tattooed and bald

Maybe so.

Anyone with half a brain would've just released a generic, non-committal statement: 'Disappointed with Luis's ban...We'll await the publication of the panel's findings, etc.'

I doubt the Americans had much of a say in that statement to be honest. I can't see them being so naive as to allow it to have been worded in that way. Unless, as someone said earlier, Kenny has the run of the place and he can do as he pleases.
  20. Jan 1, 2012

Skywarden Full Member

They need a change of environment for this to happen as their archaic tribalism mindset isn't going to go away on its own.

I fully agree with you, mind.
  21. Jan 1, 2012

gerrydaly Praying to have a guy on top of him

22. Jan 1, 2012

You would think step one is to make sure it is factually correct, if nothing else.

A good job all around.
  23. Jan 1, 2012

Skywarden Full Member

24. Jan 1, 2012

I detest Collins, but anyway:

Mail.
  25. Jan 1, 2012

Liverpool urged not to contest Suárez ban by anti-racism group | guardian.co.uk
  26. Jan 1, 2012

mungy I am a terrible poster, please ignore me

Just drinking some coffee when I read this, nearly choked myself with laughter :lol:
  27. Jan 1, 2012

EricaNo7 Full Member

Dalglish has always been a snide twat. Not sure why they are just picking up on this now
  28. Jan 1, 2012

Rado_N Grinner ruined my tagline

"Trecker, you sir, are a dumb ****! When trecker's accomplishments out reach KK's then and only then can this fat **** demand KK to apologize. What a real douchebag. It is this type of mentality from the media that really puts a stain on people of all breeds. KK's accomplishments will always be greater then the mess that trecker is trying to turn this crap into."

"I agree...a slap on the wrist for both would have been a fair result...but as you can see, there is a lot of people that don't understand the differences in culture, and blindly believe that this panel got it right.

As an anecdotal fact...Uruguay had black players in its National Team as early as 1916....guess when a black player represented England for the first time? ....1980. Enough said."

Flawless.
  29. Jan 1, 2012

swooshboy Full Member

They are still bleating on asking why Evra isn't being punished for using the word sudaca (um, because the report states that he didn't say it...or that even if he had said South American, Suarez said that it wasn't offensive), or why he isn't punished for threatening to punch Suarez??

Their continued refusal to accept the evidence would be laughable were it not such a serious issue.
  30. Jan 1, 2012

A slap on the wrist for both?? :lol:

Since when is being on the receiving end of racial abuse an offence?
  31. Jan 1, 2012

decorativeed Full Member

32. Jan 1, 2012

33. Jan 1, 2012

Mockney Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year

It's the slow regression of arguments that's so funny. They have never had one consistent argument to put forward, it's been a constant changing set of rules for every time something has been disproved. There's absolutely no attempt to look at it objectively. It's "we're right, end of, lets look exclusively at things that might seem a bit like we're right." It's almost a God of Gaps scenario. With added conspiracy logic.

- First of all he definitely said nothing. No mention of colour at all. Evra's a lying twat. And he's done it before.

Then it emerged he's admitted saying it. And Evra was never found to have done anything like this before.

- Ok, erm, well he still probably did. Cos he's a cnut. And anyway, Suarez said negrito. Lets have a long and protracted discussion on the nuances of that word. It's really at the crux of everything.

Then it emerged he'd never said that at all.

- Well, obviously, that's ...erm...well it's not important. Negro's pretty much exactly the same anyway. And Evra said sudaca, which is much worse when said in Spanish.

Then it emerged Evra had never said that. And Suarez himself had put forward the accusation in English.

- Well, clearly "South American" is still just as offensive. And he's admitted saying it.

Then it emerged he'd denied saying it.

- Well he's lying. And anyway, Kuyt heard him say he was booked for being black. So that's definitely true. Kuyt would never mishear or misunderstand anything. It's one mans word against another's.

Then it emerged that Kuyt had misheard AND misunderstood what Suarez had told him he'd said IN DUTCH!...As had Comoli. Both of whom had coincidentally understood it as virtually identical to what Evra was accusing.

- Well lets ignore that. It's still one mans word against anothers. Our own sides words don't count. And anyway Comolli can't speak French properly. Despite being french.

Then it emerged that there was video evidence corroborating Evra's consistent version of the story, and not Suarez's, which changed later to fit it.

- ONE MAN'S WORD AGAINST ANOTHER, LALALALALALALALA.....Anyway, the video evidence we haven't seen doesn't show anything. So there's no reasonable doubt.

Then they finally cottoned on that this wasn't a criminal trial, it was a civil trial, and conducted in exactly the same manner as all civil trials.

- Well we should take it to a criminal court. We'll completely destroy them. There's no evidence, it's one mans word against another.

Some begin to cotton on that Suarez's testimony was full of holes, inconsistencies and changed a couple of times, whilst Evra's was consistent.

- Well that's obviously only because Evra is a multi-linguist who had time to prepare whilst Suarez can barely speak the language.

Then it emerged he'd conducted his testimony in Spanish, and had been given TWO interpreters.

- Yeah, well obviously he was just nervous at being accused of something he never did. If he was guilty, he'd have been much better at lying.

I've no idea what they're arguing now, but it's so far removed from what they were originally arguing as to make no difference. It's still one man's word against anothers too, despite it being detailed as one mans word against several others, including - initially - his own team-mates and manager, the video evidence that hasn't been released to the public, and a panel of linguistic experts.

Blind loyalty. It does silly things.

Anyway, At least they've managed to bring a few people together over the Xmas period. Sunderland & Newcastle fans for example, united in their hilarity over their stubborn reaction to all this.

FA v Suarez full results of Case published - Page 36 - RTG Sunderland Message Boards

The Liverpool Thread (Parky 5 Dalglish 4) - Suarez (og)
  34. Jan 1, 2012

Hectic Moderator

In the report, Suarez claimed: "I would refer to Glen Johnson as 'negro' in the same way that I might refer to Dirk Kuyt as 'Blondie' - because he has blond hair, or Andy Carroll as 'Grandote' - 'Big Man' - because he is very tall.

"Where I come from it is normal to refer to people in this way by reference to what they look like. There is no aggression in referring to somebody in this way and there is certainly no racial connotation."
  35. Jan 1, 2012

Yassir Full Member

Mate, that wasn't a pop at you, I do see where you're coming from...I just don't agree with it! Doesn't make your opinion wrong and mine right, though. In essence, the main thing is that Suarez is the real guilty culprit here
  36. Jan 1, 2012

Redlambs Creator of the Caftards comics

Officially the best poker player on RAWK. Your cas
    I can't wait for the next installment of the King Kenny's Klan show!
  37. Jan 1, 2012

Badunk Full Member

38. Jan 1, 2012

...Otherwise known as Krusty the Clown featuring Sideshow Suarez.
  39. Jan 1, 2012

Eugenius Full Member

Odd they'd take a pop at Evans given that some of them wanted to pay £20m for him when he was on loan there
  40. Jan 1, 2012

Ole's_toe_poke Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke

Are Liverpool officially appealing or are they still deciding what to do?

Hope they continue to further embarrass themselves. What a bunch of fecktards.